texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
The game is scheduled to release in April (no concrete date yet). It's been in Steam early access since August 2018 and it's received well with 93% positive reviews.

Hello everyone!

We have a big update today, our biggest yet!
With our Release date just around the corner, we're wrapping up all the content we want to get in and this update has (almost) all of it!

We also have important news about the price tag. The price for the game will be increased on Monday 18th from $19.99 USD (16.99 EUR) to $29.99 USD (24.99 EUR). This price is final and will remain the same even after the game leaves early access. With the current 10% off and lower price, there has never been a better time to get the time than NOW!

Let's list what it's missing, as that will be a much shorter list:
  • The current build stops a short ways before the game's end, which means our 2 different ending are not accessible. Those will only be accessible in Release.
  • We have a big 7 levels secret dungeon in the works, with a special boss, special loot, etc. That will only be added at Release as well.
  • Steam cloud saves and achievements. That will be added either for the Release build or a little before.

And that's it for the missing content. Everything else is in this build.

Game's features:
  • Experience an epic and mature story, unfolding through over 40 story encounters and topped with challenging end-game content.
  • Classic tactical combat battles, with rugged terrain and elevation, taking place on beautiful hand-drawn environments.
  • A deep and complex class system with over 20 classes and 200 abilities lets you truly customize every one of your characters through the selection of their class, sub-class and passives.
  • Customize your troops' appearance your way, by selecting their portrait, outfit, colors and overall visuals from a wide selection.
  • Equip your army with over 240 pieces of equipment, either purchased, gathered from fallen enemies or created from crafting.
fell_seal_arbiters_mark_3.jpg

fell_seal_arbiters_mark_5.jpg

fell_seal_arbiters_mark_2.jpg

There's a demo for PC & Mac too:
Yo folks there be a demo. Tried it, liked it well enough.

https://6eyesstudio.itch.io/fell-seal-arbiters-mark-demo

Last edited:

Velezcora

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Looks great. Never played FF Tactics actually. Wish SE would remaster it for modern platforms.

Have they spoken about a possible Switch release? That's my main platform for indies.

OP
OP
texhnolyze

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Of course I messed up the title there, hopefully people get what it means lol. FF Tactics-like, not FF-like.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Looks great. Never played FF Tactics actually. Wish SE would remaster it for modern platforms.

Have they spoken about a possible Switch release? That's my main platform for indies.
I doubt they'll do anything more with it since the PSP version exists (which is also available on iOS and android). You should definitely check it out - god tier game.

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017
Could also be noted that you can get an additional 10% for the Steam version if you buy it on Fanatical with the code "Fanatical10" while their spring sale is going.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Really not a fan of the art aside from the maps, but otherwise seems like something I should keep an eye on.

Aters

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The portrait and the 2D sprite look like they are from different games. Looks great otherwise, thanks for the headup.

OP
OP
texhnolyze

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Is the game good tho?
As said, it has received 93% positive reviews so far.

Could also be noted that you can get an additional 10% for the Steam version if you buy it on Fanatical with the code "Fanatical10" while their spring sale is going.
It's actually on sale for 10% too on Steam.

Yo folks there be a demo. Tried it, liked it well enough.

https://6eyesstudio.itch.io/fell-seal-arbiters-mark-demo
Oh cool. Thanks, added to the OP.

OP
OP
texhnolyze

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Early Access reviews are not reliable, in my experience. People apply different standards than they would to a finished product. Same reason preview coverage is more positive than reviews.
From my observations, people are actually more unforgiving for early access titles. Lots of games are stuck with mixed all the way to full version.

Though you can always read the reviews to make sure.

OP
OP
texhnolyze

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I was asking for your opinion!
I've just bought the game myself, actually. I'm still waiting for the full version release to start playing. I'm not a fan of early access games where you have to wait for updates in the span of months, even years, in order to beat them.

In the meantime, you can try the demo to see it for yourself, or read/watch some early access reviews online.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
Still hoping for a Switch release sometime. This is the last news I was able to find on that, from January:

6EyesStudio said:
We recently finished the PS4 and Xbox One ports of the game and our talk with Nintendo isn't finalized, but looks very promising. Although the Switch version will not be coming out at the same time as the PC and other consoles versions.

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...rbiters-mark-classic-turn-based-tactica/posts

Can't wait to play it, though. Looks great, and we can never have enough SRPGs.

ghoulie

Oct 28, 2017
Looks great. Might end up grabbing it on ps4 rather than waiting for a possible switch release.

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I played this for awhile because I'm a sucker for Tactics games.

The constant walking animation drove me fucking nuts and I eventually stopped playing it.

For the price I'd say it's probably worth it if you're a fan of the genre.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
That's a really weird art style. The environments, characters and UI all feel like they were pulled from different games. That aside it does look neat and it seems like impressions are positive so I'll have to keep an eye on it.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
There's something about realistically proportioned sprite characters that is off putting to me.

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting premise, but it's obviously inspired by Final Fantasy Tactics than the series proper.

Deleted member 33319

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 15, 2017
The only "Arbiter's Mark" I wanna see is the one he's branded with in the opening of Halo 2 am I right gamers?

gilko79

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Ivalice
I backed this a long time ago, but I'm more interested in playing the console port. Hope it receives well.

Oct 25, 2017
anyone pick this up? hearing good things
I've only played a small amount but I like it. The only experience I have with final fantasy tactics was advance but it reminds me of that in a good way so take that for what you will.
Some of this sritework looks off and I think the UI is kind of meh but I think it's got a good visual identity.

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
I got the chance to check it out early and I have to say Fell Seal leaves up to the expectations it set for itself. Yeah, character models might not be too fancy to look at, but if you are looking for a proper tactics game, it does succeed in the formula.

Not sure posting a writen review would be seen as "Self-promotion," but I got the chance to write a review for it on CultureOfGaming.com

Lunaray

Oct 27, 2017
The in-game art looks gorgeous but the character portrait doesn't fit the aesthetic. I'm going to put this on my wishlist.

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
I really like the character creation system. I made Drizzt, Wulfgar, and Catti-Brie.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll keep an eye on this. Looks great and reception is promising.

Evan8192

Banned
Aug 27, 2018
Kinda wish there was an OT for this, would like to see it get more attention and hear more impressions. I think there is a criminal lack of final fantasy tactics-like games, and it makes me sad. Ill probably pick this up on PS4, though I kinda wish it were on switch

Skunk

Oct 28, 2017
Kinda wish there was an OT for this, would like to see it get more attention and hear more impressions. I think there is a criminal lack of final fantasy tactics-like games, and it makes me sad.

Seriously, I don't understand it. There is a pretty damn sizable niche audience for games in this genre, and it seems like the perfect thing for indies to work on, but there's practically nothing out there. This, those cheap 3DS games, The Banner Saga and a few (sort of) F2P Tactics games on mobile. It's the perfect market for a talented small team to make a pretty big splash with the right game.

What happened to that Chinese Tactics game with the T and A that was coming out?