Elven_Star

Oct 27, 2017
As a game heavily influenced by the likes of Final Fantasy Tactics and Tactics Ogre, a Switch version was inevitable. I for one didn't get the game on PC because I was pretty sure it'll be on Switch eventually. The exact release date is August 14th. Right about time you should be done with your first Three Houses playthrough.

They have put out an announcement trailer, too:

DiceyRobot

Oct 26, 2017
FFT is my fave of all time. Thus, I'll probably give this a shot.

I have to say though, the character animations looks unsettling stiff. It's a small issue for a game like this, but we're gonna be seeing those animations a lot...

OP
OP
Elven_Star

Elven_Star

Oct 27, 2017
Why don't people show this game more love? It's a critical hit and everything. Maybe they haven't marketed it enough given their limited budget. Or maybe the era of classic SRPGs like this is already passed which would be really sad.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
Why don't people show this game more love? It's a critical hit and everything. Maybe they haven't marketed it enough given their limited budget. Or maybe the era of classic SRPGs like this is already passed which would be really sad.

I've been anticipating it on Switch ever since I heard about it earlier in the year. Looks to be a fun gameplay successor to FFT/TO (though it's a shame its writing apparently doesn't hold a candle to theirs).

That said, its graphics leave a lot to be desired, and are uncannily dissonant with its portraits, so I can understand its trailer not grabbing people very much. I hope it does well, but people might be temporarily sated on tactical RPGs after Fire Emblem just weeks before.

Mercador

Nov 18, 2017
Quebec City
I have that SRPG itch but with Fire Emblem just around the corner, not sure it's the best release window. There's no demo planned, I asked them. Graphics are putting me off a bit.

I just don't understand why there's still no FFTA3 in sight.

AstronaughtE

Nov 26, 2017
I've been keeping my eye on this game for a while. Folks seem to like it enough, but there is like no word of mouth on it. Switch would be where I want to play it, I guess I'll keep my eye out for a sale.

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
People have, but out there and not here in Era. It has received 93% positive reviews on Steam.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Bought it on switch, intended to play on my 4 hour bus ride but I forgot how cramped buses are so haven't tried it yet.

Will give it a go on my train ride back home later, at least on the train I can just ride the bar car where its roomy.