• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RealCanadianBro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
In case some of you are not aware, there has been a College Strike going on for almost two weeks now in Ontario.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/college-strike-rally-queens-park-1.4370828

The labour dispute involving more than 12,000 professors, instructors, counsellors, and librarians began Oct. 16, after the two sides failed to reach a new contract agreement. Some 500,000 students have been awaiting a return to school since the strike began.

On Monday, chief executive officer of the College Employer Council, Don Sinclair said no new talks were scheduled and he likely didn't see the strike ending anytime soon. Talks broke off on Oct. 16, and, according to Sinclair, the final offer from the colleges is still on the table.

I've been out of school for a few years now but this year was my personal restart after some personal issues. Started swimming and working out to lose to weight, and got accepted into my program for a September start.

Rumours we're circulating for a while near the beginning of the year, and then the strike happened

I won't lie, I was hoping for a strike, but just for a week. Talk about a monkey paw wish.

Right now I've just been making my study notes, finishing off assignments, some gaming and hitting the gym.

How are you guys dealing with it?

Last edited:

blue_phazon

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
It's only Ontario I think. I'm enjoying it for the most part, but I know my schedule is going to be super tight when it's over

shacklesmcgee

Oct 25, 2017
I am picking up some shifts at work, reading comics, and being very incredibly angry at everyone involved.

OP
OP
RealCanadianBro

RealCanadianBro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Welp, I should have been more specific lol. Anyway to change the title or is that up to the mods?

Sorry people!

Darksol

Oct 28, 2017
Japan
I haven't been in Canada in two years or college in nearly ten, so I'm not dealing with it at all. My younger cousins don't seem to mind though and are treating it like an extended vacation.

JustHuzaifa

Oct 27, 2017
I think it was happening at my school a couple of years ago. But it pretty much ended when I enrolled.