Status
Not open for further replies.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
...and that's how your party members are constantly knocking over shit in the environment, lol.

On the one hand, it's hilarious to see them kicking over barstools, flipping tables, even punting trash cans everywhere you go.

On the other hand, it can be break my immersion when, say, I walk through a bar, hear crashing and smashing behind me, and turn around to see every chair knocked over.

Or the time Aerith dragged along a kiddie pool and some surfboards halfway across Costa del Sol:

18e06dbed2261-screenshot-Url.png

Maybe the devs should have bolted down more stuff? Or maybe this was a choice to prevent party members from getting snagged on the environment?

And I guess while we're on the topic, we can get your thoughts on other games that do this too. The ragdolling corpses of the Souls games come to mind!

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
Ha, I have a video of that exact same moment. While I agree with some of it, there's something hilarious about Cloud on a segway wheelie smashing through half of Costa Del Sol.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Ha, I have a video of that exact same moment. While I agree with some of it, there's something hilarious about Cloud on a segway wheelie smashing through half of Costa Del Sol.

Hilarious? I did that shit ON PURPOSE. Every time I'm on the segway I knock over those fucking standing planter pots like it's giving me EXP to do so. If they didn't want us to do it they wouldn't have given them physics and that amazingly satisfying smashing sound when they break.

OP
OP
Neiteio

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
In a way, it seems on brand:

*hands on hip* "Aerith... where did you get that surfboard and kiddie pool?"

"Oh c'mon, Cloud. Live a little!"

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
After spending weeks playing Like A Dragon where your companions keep knocking shit over very loudly, I didn't even notice it at first because I had gotten so used to it

Then I reached Costa del Sol and this turned into a Burnout game lol

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I thought you were talking about the jumping animation..... something is real off about it

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's more that all the objects that can be moved are as light as beach balls. Aerith has kicked around steel beams like it's nothing.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
There are a couple of items by the Bill's Ranch store that you have to smash through all of the furniture to get to. It's hilarious.

darkNemisiScloud

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 27, 2017
Ha I have a surround sound system and always wondered whats going on behind me till I turn around and then I understand what the sounds are 😂

fulltimepanda

Oct 28, 2017
I love this with my surround sound lol, sounds like a car crash after I've left a building or something and makes me think "what in the world are you guys doing"

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
I knocked over every chair in Kalm inn and didn't feel bad once. This makes the game gamey. Those fun things you can do that you're not really supposed to do but it's a laugh. Like when I knocked all the QB girls boxes into the river and watched as they got stuck on the waterwheel. If I go in anywhere my first thought it what shit can I knock over and I'm sad when some things you can't.

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
It's pretty funny to hear a cacophony of smashes behind you and turn around to see Aerith and Red standing innocently among the chaos.

Syne

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Feb 5, 2023
UK
I think it's hilarious, at a similar moment in Costa del Sol I went to use the changing room, turned around and there was Red who had dragged the kiddie pool with him and was just sat in it lol

LegendofLex

Nov 20, 2017
My favorite moment so far has been trudging into the barn at Chocobo Bill's to report back on the nice gesture we've prepared to help a grieving daughter get over the loss of her mother...and my party wrecking the entire store area in the process.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
It's perfect. Don't you dare change it, SE.

Even if it was actually a problem, having the whole cast following you makes it more than worth it. That's a feeling I wish every party based RPG had no matter the cost.

Geode

Keeper of the White Materia
Oct 27, 2017
Oh yeah, there's one part of the game I've come across when knocking shit over annoys an NPC.

fulltimepanda

Oct 28, 2017
the thing I'm more undecided on is MAI going on a massive spiel on the unique monsters in the middle of combat lol, it is annoying but at the same time speaks a lot about her character. I'm sure some of it is genuinely interesting but... nah

LowParry

Oct 26, 2017
I make a point to drag everyone over random items. The end result is hilarious. Worth it. I've got a kiddy pool in Costa to just vibrate on spot with a character standing in the middle of it. Earth shattering experience I tell ya.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I love it.

the fact that during the demo period, someone realized that those objects don't get reset during cutscenes is amazing and so set up a bunch of stuff in a cluster and watched as in the cutscene they got all smashed through.

It's just a small bit of funny humor.

OP
OP
Neiteio

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
the thing I'm more undecided on is MAI going on a massive spiel on the unique monsters in the middle of combat lol, it is annoying but at the same time speaks a lot about her character. I'm sure some of it is genuinely interesting but... nah
I listen to Mai's commentary *before* fighting. She starts talking once they're spotted, so you can listen before you engage.

Jakenbakin

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Jun 17, 2018
I love it. Early on at the Chocobo ranch you get that quest from the young girl who is sentimental about her parents, and walking up to and away from her I'm just like "CLOMP CLOMP CLOMP SMASH BANG PSSHEW CLOMP CLOMP sorry for your troubles I'll see what I can do CLOMP CLOMP CLOMP SMASH"

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Last night I put up a chocobo stop sign up in the Grasslands and Aerith was standing on it so she got launched up in the air like ten feet lmao

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
There's something really funny about a group of people showing up, wrecking the place and then just leaving.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019

The first time I absolutely DESTROYED a bench I was like "OH NO" and then I turned around and started speeding right towards the party. "GIRLS OUTTA THE WAY YOU'LL DIE"

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
When a game is brand new and getting a lot of discussion, we typically try to limit the amount of new threads to avoid one game taking over the Gaming side front page for weeks. We're getting a large volume of new Rebirth threads at the moment (we have seven on the front page at the moment for example!) and this one, unfortunately, feels like a conversation that can live in the OT.

Apologies!

Status
Not open for further replies.