• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

golguin

Oct 29, 2017
Some confirmed Changes

Tifa Model changed in Flashback
It was updated on both PS5 and Steam (not sure about PS4, but I assume that one was updated too). Someone on the Steam forums says they updated the game to connect better with Rebirth. Apparently Tifa's outfit during the brief snippets of the Nibelheim flashback has been changed so that she has a black undershirt like she does in Rebirth.

Before:

gSbAEUA.png

After:

h4gG4yP.jpeg

They also said the game's end credits were also updated in some way. Wonder what was changed there.

Worth noting that this update broke compatibility with FFVIIHook on PC, so unless SE also fixed the various issues with the game, you may want to hold off on updating for now. Glad I finished my playthrough of the main game and INTERmission literally right before this update was pushed lol.

Opening Fixed on PS5
The PS5 opening was finally fixed as well. The PS5 version for whatever reason used an unfinished version of the music containing generic vocal samples instead of the choir singing OWA and the logo drop wasn't in sync with the fanfare. Now the PS5 version matches the PS4 and PC releases.

edit: just checked, the PS4 version also received the Tifa update

I'm playing the DLC before Rebirth and the Remake base game got updated. I can't search anything online for safety, but does anyone know why Remake would get updated so close to Rebirth release?

Last edited by a moderator:

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
It was updated on both PS5 and Steam (not sure about PS4, but I assume that one was updated too). Someone on the Steam forums says they updated the game to connect better with Rebirth. Apparently Tifa's outfit during the brief snippets of the Nibelheim flashback has been changed so that she has a black undershirt like she does in Rebirth.

Before:

gSbAEUA.png

After:

h4gG4yP.jpeg

They also said the game's end credits were also updated in some way. Wonder what was changed there.

Worth noting that this update broke compatibility with FFVIIHook on PC, so unless SE also fixed the various issues with the game, you may want to hold off on updating for now. Glad I finished my playthrough of the main game and INTERmission literally right before this update was pushed lol.

OP
OP
golguin

golguin

Oct 29, 2017
Maybe I should ask about transferable stuff. What does the file need completed or maxed to be imported?

Atom

Jul 25, 2021

Before:

gSbAEUA.png

After:

h4gG4yP.jpeg

Censorship!

/s but it's sad to think that there will probably be a steam discussion post saying something like this in a few days.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017

Before:

gSbAEUA.png

After:

h4gG4yP.jpeg
Quick, somebody check Yuffie's button.

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Quick, somebody check Yuffie's button.
Still unbuttoned, at least in her render in the menu.

EDIT: In-game too.

Maybe I should ask about transferable stuff. What does the file need completed or maxed to be imported?
From what people told me when I asked previously, Rebirth just checks to see if you have save files from Remake and INTERmission, but it doesn't check to see how far in them you got. As long as you have saves for both, you're good to go. (Sorry if that isn't what you were asking)

Mikch85

May 12, 2018
Kind of makes sense to want flash-back Tifa from Remake to match Tifa from Rebirth. But really, there's a lot of other things they should add to the PC version...

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Kind of makes sense to want flash-back Tifa from Remake to match Tifa from Rebirth. But really, there's a lot of other things they should add to the PC version...
Really curious to know if they made any changes beyond updating those scenes (and the credits, apparently). It's too late for me to give it a try and see if anything changed tonight, but... who am I kidding, they probably didn't make any performance improvements.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
Really curious to know if they made any changes beyond updating those scenes (and the credits, apparently). It's too late for me to give it a try and see if anything changed tonight, but... who am I kidding, they probably didn't make any performance improvements.

(on PC)
out of curiosity i loaded up the start of ch3, the run up to seventh heaven always had stutters

... and it still does. So yeah i doubt theres any update to the technical aspect of the game

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
(on PC)
out of curiosity i loaded up the start of ch3, the run up to seventh heaven always had stutters

... and it still does. So yeah i doubt theres any update to the technical aspect of the game
Figures. 😔

Glad I finished my replay right before this update dropped. Hopefully FFVIIHook's creator updates it to work with the game again soon so people don't have to downgrade their exe again.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
That is such a random change to make only a couple days before the release of Rebirth.

I'm looking forward to all of the changes they make when they inevitably re-release the entire trilogy as a single game.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
That is such a random change to make only a couple days before the release of Rebirth.

I'm looking forward to all of the changes they make when they inevitably re-release the entire trilogy as a single game.
Wonder if it's just a Rebirth trailer lol like when classic FF7 was updated to have a Remake trailer. How big was the update from someone who updated?

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Wonder if it's just a Rebirth trailer lol like when classic FF7 was updated to have a Remake trailer.
There's nothing like that in the menu at least. I think this was just a consistency pass on scenes that are further explored in Rebirth, nothing more.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Wondering if they updated the buildings during one of the Nibelheim flashbacks as well (the place where the inn should be was definitely not there before).

Ingueferroque

Dec 26, 2023
New York, NY

Runs great for me on Steam Deck, high settings for 30fps or lower settings for higher framerate - 30fps is fine for me though.

The HDR even works great on Deck, could never get that working in Windows.

I'm not expecting Rebirth will be playable at 30 on this generation of SD hardware though..

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Runs great for me on Steam Deck, high settings for 30fps or lower settings for higher framerate - 30fps is fine for me though.

I'm not expecting Rebirth will be playable at 30 on this generation of SD hardware though..
Steam Deck / SteamOS runs the game fine I think. It's Windows that has issues with stuttering.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017

That's what turning down some settings and using FSR is for.

artsi

Oct 26, 2017
Finland

If they release a "full FF7" later then Remake really needs some fat trimming IMO

I'm replaying it again before Rebirth releases and there are too many obvious places where they waste player's time to make Midgar feel longer than it should be.

Typographenia

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Just started playing for the first time tonight and was surprised that such a large update kicked off when I exited the game.
Been installed in my hdd for quite a while now, and I can't recall seeing it patch in... I don't know, maybe since I had downloaded it?

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Install size 500+ GB, physical copy with 7 discs lol

Would also be weird to play a single game that ends and resets your progress twice.

If they release a "full FF7" later then Remake really needs some fat trimming IMO

I'm replaying it again before Rebirth releases and there are too many obvious places where they waste player's time to make Midgar feel longer than it should be.

When they originally said they were expanding midgar, I was expecting going to different sectors or having more towns or something. Aside from the jessie chapter, the only expanding they really did was make existing sections longer. Or make you go back to them a second time.

Last edited:

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Well its a good thing I havent started on my playthrough yet but damn, another update lol

Wonder what else they added/changed

Koklusz

Oct 27, 2017

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
it's not a waste, the game is about Midgar

Midgar was my favorite part of the original FF7 and I felt like a lot of FF7 Remake was filler. I wanted more new content like the Jessie mission and less "Let's take this segment that was 10 minutes in the original game and expand it out to a 1-2 hour dungeon."

Jan 1, 2024
Midgar
Midgar was my favorite part of the original FF7 and I felt like a lot of FF7 Remake was filler. I wanted more new content like the Jessie mission and less "Let's take this segment that was 10 minutes in the original game and expand it out to a 1-2 hour dungeon."
I love the game but I would have loved a huge map of Midgar to explore in an open World manner like what Rebirth is going to have for the Gaia Overworld.

But funny thing is some people consider what you like (the Jessie segment) to also be filler.

Jan 1, 2024
Midgar
They can cut a few slow walking sections in a sewer, or one puzzle from Hojo's laboratory and the Midgar experience won't be diluted one bit.
The extra filler of the Hojo lab section was definitely the classic thing Japanese games do to keep people from being able to trade in a game too early. Such a laborious bore of a section.