IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
I was actually excited seeing the patch, I thought we were getting a cool rebirth bonus item or something....but it's just a 5gb black shirt, lol.

Tetsujin

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
The PS5 opening was finally fixed as well. The PS5 version for whatever reason used an unfinished version of the music containing generic vocal samples instead of the choir singing OWA and the logo drop wasn't in sync with the fanfare. Now the PS5 version matches the PS4 and PC releases.

edit: just checked, the PS4 version also received the Tifa update

Ryuman

Nov 1, 2017
Lol, what an unnecessary reason to update the game.
The PS5 opening was finally fixed as well. The PS5 version for whatever reason used an unfinished version of the music containing generic vocal samples instead of the choir singing OWA and the logo drop wasn't in sync with the fanfare. Now the PS5 version matches the PS4 and PC releases.

NEVERMIND. Best update ever.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
They must be expecting a lot of first-timers buying the twin pack. (Also updating the game for Switch 2 in the future).

FrostweaveBandage

Unshakable Resolve
Sep 27, 2019

When I think about how long I theorized about why that PS5 version's vocals were so off...

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Did they update the surround audio bug where anyone that is a foot away from you drops audio entirely? Ive heard it was an issue on ps5 when integrade arrived but it's been bothering me as I play the game.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
Did they update the surround audio bug where anyone that is a foot away from you drops audio entirely? Ive heard it was an issue on ps5 when integrade arrived but it's been bothering me as I play the game.
Is that what's going on? It doesn't drop entirely, but it does get drowned out by the music. Thought that was a design issue since the Rebirth demo is the same.

Whales

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017

DC5remy

Jan 20, 2018
Denver co

One

bcae6bf791e1b09986779fc29dd297cc3cbbf097.gifv

And done

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Is that what's going on? It doesn't drop entirely, but it does get drowned out by the music. Thought that was a design issue since the Rebirth demo is the same.

Seems it's a bug as it has been pointed out in older threads specifically regarding the PS5 port. Might be the way Tempest audio handles things, but others had brought up it was not an issue in the PS4 version of Remake.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
Seems it's a bug as it has been pointed out in older threads specifically regarding the PS5 port. Might be the way Tempest audio handles things, but others had brought up it was not an issue in the PS4 version of Remake.
I did a full replay of PS5 Remake and didn't notice it there, but in Intermission Sonon was always hard to hear when we were on the field.

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
Midgar was my favorite part of the original FF7 and I felt like a lot of FF7 Remake was filler. I wanted more new content like the Jessie mission and less "Let's take this segment that was 10 minutes in the original game and expand it out to a 1-2 hour dungeon."

Agreed. It really was a bummer and downed the enjoyment I was having with the game.

Tetsujin

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
There is a change to one of the lines in the ending:

Aerith's last line got changed from:

"I miss it...the steel sky."

to:

"The sky...I don't like it."

Was anyone ever able to translate what the PS5 lyrics were because they sounded actively different to me.

There were no lyrics. They were generic "ooh aah" vocal samples. As I said, likely a temporary unfinished track before the actual vocals were recorded that somehow found its way back into the PS5 version by accident.

Izanagi89

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
Any chance they updated the bright flashing lights when Cloud attacks?

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017

to:

There were no lyrics. They were generic "ooh aah" vocal samples. As I said, likely a temporary unfinished track before the actual vocals were recorded that somehow found its way back into the PS5 version by accident.

WHATTTTT
the original line was way better

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017

to:

Interesting change what with the discourse over literal vs more liberal localizations. IIRC, the second line there is a more literal translation of the Japanese, but I vastly prefer the former.

carlsojo

Shinra Employee
Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco

to:

TF that line was way better

tomofthepops

Oct 27, 2017
If they release a "full FF7" later then Remake really needs some fat trimming IMO

I'm replaying it again before Rebirth releases and there are too many obvious places where they waste player's time to make Midgar feel longer than it should be.

They made 2 discs a marketing gimmick this time, now they can do 4 discs this time !

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
Hahaha, I got into this in one of the other threads and said they might retcon it. Well well well!

But yes, it's what the Japanese version said. There was no "steel sky" anywhere in the Japanese version.

Someone said the new line appeared in a Rebirth trailer as well. So I'm guessing this change is along the same lines as the Tifa T-shirt- making Remake match Rebirth.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Makes sense if they changed it for consistency but the original one is a better line.

Ryuman

Nov 1, 2017
Wow I did not expect them to change Aerith's English sky line. As nice as it sounded I did find it perhaps a touch too obscured from the original Crisis Core dialogue and characterisation it references. Thought about it again the other day, too.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
i just find it funny they change the ending line like 3 days before the sequels release, oh well.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Is there a clip of the updated ending?

LegendofLex

Nov 20, 2017
Hahaha, I got into this in one of the other threads and said they might retcon it. Well well well!

But yes, it's what the Japanese version said. There was no "steel sky" anywhere in the Japanese version.
She's referring to having a sky unbounded by the plate, though. Meanwhile, that more understated statement just sounds weird in English.

FunMouse

Apr 30, 2018
I literally beat my replay of the game last night. Closed the game and the update started lol. Glad I got the better Aerith steel sky line at the end lol. Updating Teenage Tifa is a good move plus it makes it consistent with how she looks in rebirth.

APZonerunner

Features Editor at VG247.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
England
I honestly think it's just a clarity of translation thing. This change appears to bring it more in line with the Japanese.

Oct 25, 2017
Don't suppose they changed Tifa's "I'm sick of all of this" line to match Crisis Core Reunion's "Shinra, SOLDIER, I hate all of you." that was in line with the OG as well.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
i just find it funny they change the ending line like 3 days before the sequels release, oh well.

It feels inevitable they will release the whole remake together when it's all finished, so might as well lay some of the groundwork out now for consistency across all the games. She probably is shown saying the changed line in Rebirth now so they went back to reflect it.