ryodi

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Monaco had been dreadful fo years, long before Danny Ric managed to win it while down 25% on engine power because his MGU-K failed. Imola is just as bad but tedious circuits aren't restricted to F1. Long Beach is also a tedious race with modern IndyCars it's just drivers in that series are more likely to put it into a wall to liven things up than F1 drivers are.

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
www.racefans.net

Andretti: F1's owner told me we'll never let your team in

Mario Andretti says Greg Maffei's personal assurance his son's team would not be allowed into F1 "was just like a bullet through my heart."

Well there it is. The No Andrettis club.

Also no rain covers. The idea has been shelved.

Liberty's stance is likely going to change dramatically when the Concorde Agreement negotiations next come up.

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Normally I dread the Monaco weekend because it's obviously generally extremely dull. But this year I'm okay with it. Last years quali was absolutely fantastic, and we all kinda agreed this season was shaping up to be extremely boring anyway (last two races makes us rethink that a bit though!) so I'm a-okay with some cool TV shots to make another boring race somewhat more interesting.

AnilP228

Mar 14, 2018
I rewatched the 2004 Monaco GP yesterday (uploaded onto F1's Youtube) and whilst it's always been a dull GP, I definitely enjoyed it much more in the refueling era for a few reasons.

1. Drivers were always pushing (as they were running out of fuel), so even when it was boring you knew they weren't just cruising 5-6s off the pace like today
2. It was generally a 2-3 stopper. Even if overtakes happened in the pits (which they still do today!) there was still a lot of strategy to look forward to
3. The cars look much twitchier. It's great to see.

On Sunday, the drivers will start on the S/M, cruise around slowly until a gap opens up, make one pit stop onto the C3 and then they'll drive slowly until the end.

I do think it should be made a mandatory two-stopper, forcing everyone to run each tyre once. You'd see the pit windows widen massively and drivers encouraged to push to build gaps.

Humanity

Aug 31, 2019
Liberty's stance is likely going to change dramatically when the Concorde Agreement negotiations next come up.
Can you blame them? What value will the team bring to the sport unlike a Williams or a KICK Sauber currently does? I wouldn't risk having a backmarker team enter the sport and sully it's name with crass advertising and poor performance.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really want to watch qualifying as the risk of incident is so high so its an absolute crap shoot who is on pole (and therefore who is most likely to win). Its too stressful