• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

The 2023 OT title will be...

• FIA Formula One 2023 |OT| We Race As One*

Votes: 28 25.9%
  • FIA Formula One 2023 |OT| Saudiss is how democracy dies

Votes: 23 21.3%
  • FIA Formula One 2023 |OT| Ground Effect Your Expectations

Votes: 10 9.3%
  • FIA Formula One 2023 |OT| Bono my tyres are bombs

Votes: 5 4.6%
  • FIA Formula One 2023 |OT| Catering to Every Budget

Votes: 42 38.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

O Vet

Oct 30, 2017
c23o4ixfxsm91.png

Haha they're not gone yet

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Control Electronics on Sainz' car have also been changed, giving him an additional drop of 5 grid positions for a total of 20 grid positions dropped related to Power Unit penalties. As such he'll start the race at the back with Hamilton and Tsunoda.

View: https://youtu.be/rP548EIKsf4

This Chain Bear video is what I always think about as it was what I watched when I was super confused about the difference between back of grid and 20+ grid drops. It's from 2018, is it still accurate?

When it comes to the back of the grid penalties, it's no longer in order of when the drivers were penalized, it's the order in which they qualified:
  • 42.3d) Once the grid has been established in accordance with Article 42.3a), 42.3b) and 42.3c), grid penalties for any driver required to start the race from the back of the
    grid after incurring a penalty under Article 28.3 will be applied.
    • i) If more than one (1) driver is required to start the race from the back of the grid they will be arranged in qualifying order.
So Tsunoda should be P20 because let's be real here, he's not gonna qualify ahead Sainz or Hamilton. Sainz and Hamilton will then battle for P18.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DBT85

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
Andretti Autosport on Line 2 at Stuttgart HQ. Time to expand beyond their Formula E partnership.

Andretti-Porsche is the exact kind of value Michael needs to get to be that 11th team, I think.
It is, I just wonder if Porsche want to come into F1 with a brand new team. If they wanted that they could have just put their own entry in albeit at a much higher cost. They want to enter F1 and win and I'm not sure Andretti manages that. As much as I'd like to see more teams on the grid.

Randam

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Max could start from the pit lane at this point and still easily win in Monza. The car is such a beast it's nuts how Max can go out in P1 and crank out a lap time 1 second ahead of everyone else on his first go. Also at this point everyone in the midfield knows how quick he is and no one really puts up a fight when he overtakes them because why waste your tires. This is absolutely Max's year.

how is it the car, when the guy drives out, does his out-lap, sets the fastest time on his first try and then does his in-lap?

hobblygobbly

Oct 25, 2017
NORDFRIESLAND, DEUTSCHLAND
i still want 12 teams in f1 again like early 2010s. Domenicali didn't even give an answer last week on air when crofty asked him what about 2 more teams, he just said nah we don't want that, no actual good reason. there's a pool of talented drivers and potential teams that can be racing but waiting for a seat. a sport that's increasing in popularity and imo in one of the best places it has been in quite a few years, it's perfect opportunity to expand the grid

f1 needs to go back to how the rules state. only 26 cars can start the race. no limit on teams. you have a qualy for qualy if more than 26 cars. we should have more teams, 26 cars on the grid for the race.

Last edited:

NihonTiger

Oct 25, 2017
It is, I just wonder if Porsche want to come into F1 with a brand new team. If they wanted that they could have just put their own entry in albeit at a much higher cost. They want to enter F1 and win and I'm not sure Andretti manages that. As much as I'd like to see more teams on the grid.

Right, and it also depends on who's going to give on what, because I'm not sure 50-50 works for both sides. We've kind of seen with the scuttled Andretti-Sauber and Red Bull-Porsche deals that both sides are not really wanting to give up too much control.

Humanity

Aug 31, 2019
how is it the car, when the guy drives out, does his out-lap, sets the fastest time on his first try and then does his in-lap?
I don't really get the question? If you mean that I'm insinuating it's JUST the car then no, obviously the car is amazing and Max is an exceptional driver as well.

calder

Oct 25, 2017
Every now and then I'm watching TSN, one of the two main sports networks here in Canada, and I'm amused by their summer themed graphic.

TlAYlUy.jpg

Mamoniadas

Oct 25, 2017
im watching fp1 now and i didnt catch what was up with the caging behind de vries' front wheels. can someone explain? was it measuring air flow?

Humanity

Aug 31, 2019

shadewolf

Oct 27, 2017
Speaking of posters, I saw on Reddit that someone pulled together as many as they could find going back to 2016, pretty nice to have them all in one place:

beboop.notion.site

F1 Posters | Notion

Hi, I gathered every F1 Poster I could find, official or sometimes fan art. This is, and will always be a work in progress, There is a GDrive also with every posters, I’m updating it every month or so https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ViAFWF4PQi7N-9cq_zkInB6u2ZrooaZP Where do I find...

kortvarsel

Avenger
Dec 11, 2017
Speaking of posters, I saw on Reddit that someone pulled together as many as they could find going back to 2016, pretty nice to have them all in one place:

beboop.notion.site

F1 Posters | Notion

Hi, I gathered every F1 Poster I could find, official or sometimes fan art. This is, and will always be a work in progress, There is a GDrive also with every posters, I’m updating it every month or so https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ViAFWF4PQi7N-9cq_zkInB6u2ZrooaZP Where do I find...
Skimmed through some of them, 2020 Racing Point, 2018 Renault and 2016 Manor all are standouts. Awesome collection!

ManOfWar

Jan 6, 2020
Brazil
i still want 12 teams in f1 again like early 2010s. Domenicali didn't even give an answer last week on air when crofty asked him what about 2 more teams, he just said nah we don't want that, no actual good reason. there's a pool of talented drivers and potential teams that can be racing but waiting for a seat. a sport that's increasing in popularity and imo in one of the best places it has been in quite a few years, it's perfect opportunity to expand the grid

f1 needs to go back to how the rules state. only 26 cars can start the race. no limit on teams. you have a qualy for qualy if more than 26 cars. we should have more teams, 26 cars on the grid for the race.

One point of friction could be that nobody wants to share power with yet more Americans.

13 teams, for me, was always the minimum.

Oct 28, 2017

beboop.notion.site

F1 Posters | Notion

I don't want to kick a guy that's already down, but what on earth were they thinking here..? 😂 The Photoshop on Lando is especially bad..

Fb_DrBmWQAALgZl

5ZxgJrZ.jpg

Birthday present from my wife, looking forward to it!

Awesome, been eyeing it myself actually. If you opened it yet, do you know which version of the tire stickers you got? Because I know they updated them, so they don't look like they do on the box there, at some point.

I actually just bought the old Ferrari pit wall and Ferrari F1 car LEGO from the early 00's a couple of days ago. The driver mini-fig even has a small M. Schumancer sticker on him, gotta love it.

Last edited:

Yesterzine

Jan 5, 2022
Sky showing the absolutely dire ice cream van bit from Britain out of respect for her Maj instead of, you know, telling us about a driver change in the live sport they're supposedly covering.

Yesterzine

Jan 5, 2022
Incidentally here's a good 2 constructor in one weekend story.

1983 Brazil, Elio de Angelis starts a Lotus-Renault but it fails on the way to the grid. So he hops in the spare, which was a year old Lotus-Ford.

Got DSQ for changing constructor mid-race.

Also a race where they disqualified the 2nd place finisher but didn't promote anyone else, so there is officially no 2nd place finisher and no-one got the points.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
So though for de Vries. He is lucky he got times in the aston this weekend. But also hard because it's a totally different car

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Cool opportunity for de Vries. The Williams isn't the best place to showcase his skills, but I'll be curious to see if he out qualifies Latifi. If that happens it'll definitively be the end of Latifi, so I'm guessing it'll be a tense weekend for him.

Yesterzine

Jan 5, 2022
Might be tempting for Williams to throw a penalty on De Vries to given Albon a better chance later.

Unless of course they have a reason to want to evaluate him properly...

Humanity

Aug 31, 2019
lol

www.youtube.com

Max shows a middle finger to George Russell: Italian Grand Prix 2022

Watch Formula 1 here - https://prf.hn/l/KmPaNmqMY OFFICIAL PARTNERS: ➜ CyberGhostVPN with four months free and 84% discount from our link: https://www.cyberg...
Haha George was kinda clueless at that point although not nearly as bad as that Carlos / Bottas incident.

Just caught up on FP3 before quali and my condolences to any Sky Sports viewers - the F1TV commentary was pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.