• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DarrenM

Oct 28, 2017
Nice, I'll check it out. Haven't bought a Fifa game in years. Haven't even looked at the others on GP right now.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Crazy value. That's still one of the best selling games in Europe at this point.

YozoraXV

Oct 30, 2017
MS really needs to start a serious ad campaign for Gamepass, so many people are still not aware of it especially in Europe.

This could easily be a system seller with an XSS.

SkoomaBlade

Chicken Chaser
Oct 30, 2017
Hell yeah. My FIFA purchases have slowed down to once every 2 or 3 years since the changes are so incremental but with GP it looks like I don't have to wait too long before playing the new version. EA on GP is pretty great.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Will I be able to play this with the Game Pass mobile app as well on an iPad?

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal
MS really needs to start a serious ad campaign for Gamepass, so many people are still not aware of it especially in Europe.

If FIFA 22 gets crossplay support, I think that's what they'll try to do. Microsoft probably already knows Playstation dominates in Europe so the XSS would make a great secondary (or entry level) console to get people to join their friends on other platforms.

Black Mantis

Oct 30, 2017
I'm just about done with ePES season update, so this should tide me over until the revamped ePES comes out. The 10-hour trial didn't impress me much though.

coldsagging

Oct 27, 2017
I've been a PES guy for about 5 years now so it'll be interesting to see where Fifa is at these days.

Still with zero improvement to career mode most likely

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
Awful game. The defending controls are non-existent.

Need to see next-gen PES.

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I dont buy fifa due to me sucking at it but will give it a shot now

Punished Dan

Oct 27, 2017
My PS5 has pretty much been a FIFA machine since Hitman 3.
Nice to have the game on Series X too I guess!

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017

Not that there isn't a constituency for whom this is great, but it's worth recognising how suboptimal waiting 7-8 months to play each football game is. It's right as the football season wraps up, and a few months before the main mode kind of goes into life support, the rosters go out of date and so on.

Game Pass is a massive deal, but for a FIFA fan waiting 8 months just isn't an option in most cases. The value of the game is drained over time to a greater extent than with a normal game.

Karlinel

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Mallorca, Spain
Last Fifa I played it had...Gaizka Mendieta? As cover player, it might be fun. Although I did play a demo of PES 20 and my god was it complex for no reason.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Kind of looking forward to this. I low-key started getting into football a bit after watching Ted Lasso a few months ago lol. Watched a few matches since and think I'd enjoy playing some FIFA at a very casual level, especially if it's included with game pass.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
Not that there isn't a constituency for whom this is great, but it's worth recognising how suboptimal waiting 7-8 months to play each football game is. It's right as the football season wraps up, and a few months before the main mode kind of goes into life support, the rosters go out of date and so on.

Game Pass is a massive deal, but for a FIFA fan waiting 8 months just isn't an option in most cases. The value of the game is drained over time to a greater extent than with a normal game.

While Fifa is heavily front loaded, there's a reason it usually remains in the top 5 of the UK retail charts until the next game comes out.

Fifa 21 is still one of the best selling games in Europe, even at the moment.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017

That said, FIFA 21 is the current best-seller in the UK and is usually up there in other European markets. Many people don't particularly care about when they get in on the action, nor do they care about FUT.

Stefarno

I ... survived Sedona
Oct 27, 2017
With Euro 2020 this summer it's pretty good offering for Game Pass to have FIFA 21, Pro Evo 2021 (which has the Euro 2020 licence) and Football Manager 2021.

Oct 25, 2017
I just can't spend time on FIFA anymore. The gameplay feel doesn't work for me after getting back into PES (eFootball)

On that note, I'm guessing there's little to no chance that they'd include PES 2021 on PC? Sucks that I am a GPU subscriber but because I don't own an Xbox I can't play PES 2021

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
Hmm, might give it a spin to see how the next-gen update looks in motion.

Wonder how long this deal with EA goes for.

Aminga

Oct 27, 2017
Last Fifa I played it had...Gaizka Mendieta? As cover player, it might be fun. Although I did play a demo of PES 20 and my god was it complex for no reason.
E1knL3h.gif

DJDoubleCream

Oct 28, 2017
Random but as I have many non series x friends who will play this, am I able to specify which version I can install as I know series versions won't cross play with last gen versions. Hope this makes sense?