• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kyora90

Apr 15, 2018
D2VqpG4UgAAewfj

Sharon
After abandoning her past in order to spend her days peacefully with her lover, Sharon is blackmailed by the Secret Service and forced back into one more mission investigating a mysterious energy source.
Telling herself this will be her final mission, she separates from her lover one last time.

Terry Bogard
Morning. Terry drinks his usual morning coffee, puts on his usual outfit, and steps outside. However, he notices something is different in the air. "This place… where am I?"

Sharon is Free and Terry is 5 trumps.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Yo hold up, they changed up her gun mechanic now? In the older games, you could use her bullet super to extend combos etc.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the heads up, I had the physical copy of this coming and kinda hoped that it'd ship with Terry. Turns out Playasia just lost my order. Glad I checked!

On topic, totally down for Terry, always loved his character and I like FexL so I'll totally pick him up.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
KOF characters keep on looking so much better in all the games they appear as guest characters than in their own game. It's a bit sad, lol.

Oct 26, 2017
Is this game still plagued with the terrible gem shit that SFxT had? It was a real turn off for me

While FEXL's Gougi system is similar to SFxT's gems, they are functionally much different. There's nothing that makes your execution easier, and there's a lot more than just damage/defense/speed buffs. The Gougi in FEXL grant you things like short-hops, super-jumps, teleports, super-armor, regenerating meter, invisibility, and more than that.

Don't be put off by FEXL's Gougi just because they seem like SFxT's gems, they're the main mechanic of the game and they make the gameplay very fun and frantic.

Annabel

Mar 22, 2019
Glad Sharon is free as I am far more interested in trying her out.

Both look great, though.

Oct 25, 2017
I think u can fisable them or just use a meter centric set up.
While FEXL's Gougi system is similar to SFxT's gems, they are functionally much different. There's nothing that makes your execution easier, and there's a lot more than just damage/defense/speed buffs. The Gougi in FEXL grant you things like short-hops, super-jumps, teleports, super-armor, regenerating meter, invisibility, and more than that.

Don't be put off by FEXL's Gougi just because they seem like SFxT's gems, they're the main mechanic of the game and they make the gameplay very fun and frantic.
Good to know. I have it on my steam wishlist so I'll keep an eye out

rawhide

Oct 28, 2017
Is this game still plagued with the terrible gem shit that SFxT had? It was a real turn off for me

Gougi still exist, yes, but they never worked like gems--they're more like grooves, and they're what make the game fun and different, so you wouldn't really want to play without them.

The weird tiered pricing structure they tried at launch is over--there's now just one $40 version of the game that has all the gougi and all the characters.

Deleted member 23091

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I was waiting for Terry to be released to get this game. My only complaint is that he looks a bit plasticky and stiff.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
Terry's always been swole, go back and look at the art for the other SNK games.

rawhide

Oct 28, 2017
Pleasantly surprised by Terry's inclusion, and I hope they keep supporting this game. I'm rooting for it pretty hard.

There's one more character still to come and that'll probably be it, I think. They've continued to add characters in the hopes people would come around but I'm not sure it's working and they can't keep it up forever.

Oct 25, 2017
Terry's arms and swolleness: a case study - did he become huge only in XII/XIII?
latest

latest

kof-98-fatal-fury-team-min.jpg

Terry98_stance.gif

latest

terrybseball.jpg

latest

XII:
latest

XIII:
Terry_sprite.gif

Though an argument can be made for the Real Bout Special intro lol:
terry-large-intro-realboutspecial.gif

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017
Terry had to beef up and be even more masculine after being completely changed into a "Fatal Cutie" not too long ago. ;o

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Can i just say that Terry has the oddest fighting stance of any fg protagonist? Like the only times it looked good were in Garou and CvSnk, and orochi and nests saga kof.

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
I have been wanting to support this game for awhile now, but even with the PC sale I am not sure if it is a great purchase for me right now especially as none of the friends I normally play with seem interested in getting the game yet. I do really love the work Arika's done with this game, they are probably the most open and honest Japanese fighting game dev out there.

Sharon looks so damn hype though. She has almost exactly everything I loved about The Arbiter in Killer Instinct. She will be my main for sure.

rawhide

Oct 28, 2017
The PS4 version got a permanent price reduction last month.

Can't wait to get home to try Terry! :)

Sure, that was them adopting the same setup as the PC version (ie removing the light version and dropping the standard version to $40), I was asking if they're doing the half-off discount on PS4 that's currently available on PC, ie $20 pricepoint. (They're not, by the way, it's a PC-only discount.)

I have been wanting to support this game for awhile now, but even with the PC sale I am not sure if it is a great purchase for me right now especially as none of the friends I normally play with seem interested in getting the game yet. I do really love the work Arika's done with this game, they are probably the most open and honest Japanese fighting game dev out there.

Sharon looks so damn hype though. She has almost exactly everything I loved about The Arbiter in Killer Instinct. She will be my main for sure.

I will say to anyone thinking of picking up this game that you really need to join the discord or have friends who are also playing--you can get random matches right now thanks to Terry but it'll probably go back to being dead before long, sadly.

https://discordapp.com/invite/Z8j7zYz