Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
It's fucked up, because there really isn't a source of general FGC news that isn't suspect, especially now that UltraChen and Best of V are done. Ernesto is a tabloid and EventHubs is an incel wasteland.
I didn't know about Eventhubs ending up like that. I mean they were barely tolerable to begin with so I guess it's not surprising.

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
I stopped going on eventhubs the moment they made that awful article about MenaRD capcom cup win not being legit or fair. That was pretty fucking bad.

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017
I just go to EventHubs for tournament results. Unless somebody has a better place to get them.

Other than that, most all their other news posts are weird and/or garbage. And don't even read the comments section, cesspool of dumbasses, snowflakes and shitposting.

nss

Apr 10, 2018
I'm super late to the party. I unfortunately didn't have time to catch EVO live. Just saw the top 8 of DBFZ and SFV … my jaw is on the floor. Absolutely incredible finals!! I'm so miffed I couldn't catch this live. What amazing grand finals for both.

Kikujiro

Oct 27, 2017
Just rewatched SFV grand finals and good God the amount of tournament points iDom had and Kawano managed to stop, he literally fought the entire second set only to survive each game.

Mokubba

Oct 27, 2017
Late to the party but what a Grand Final for SFV.

Had a big grin on my face when I saw Daigo back in Top 8.

Idom with a great run but happy for Kawano.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Gatorland
It's fucked up, because there really isn't a source of general FGC news that isn't suspect, especially now that UltraChen and Best of V are done. Ernesto is a tabloid and EventHubs is an incel wasteland.

I feel like RobTV has been flirting with the idea with his podast. Be nice if he went all the way of making it into a regular thing.

Mistouze

Oct 26, 2017
ernesto "hey guys like & subscribe to my monetized reaction to a live shooting where people get murdered on tape a day after it happens" lopez

aka

ernesto "oh no i didnt mean that please like and subcribe to my monetized apology video for the above" lopez
Holy shit what? I personally bailed out when he tried to play BoTh SiDeS in the Infiltration ban. What a dumbass.

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
ernesto "hey guys like & subscribe to my monetized reaction to a live shooting where people get murdered on tape a day after it happens" lopez

aka

ernesto "oh no i didnt mean that please like and subcribe to my monetized apology video for the above" lopez

I feel bad that I never even put two and two together until now, but wasn't Ernesto the dude who made his reaction video to the Madden tournament shooting several years back? That was him? Bruh

OP
OP
ThatMeanScene

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
FYI, Ilan decided on continuing Best of V. He went to Evo to cover more stuff and is posting more via their Twitter & YouTube in an effort to grow the show's audience.

Steve's last episode was just last night. The show will continue.

View: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1559365914

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
Suuuuper random question but I was fucking around with the arcade stick I just bought in Street Fighter V and was trying to do Ryu's combo trials, got to the one where it's crouching HP into Shoryuken into super. I'm having trouble linking the crouching attack into the DP because the super keeps coming out instead. Any tips for this particular input? Is it common that this is tricky for beginners?

Oct 25, 2017
Suuuuper random question but I was fucking around with the arcade stick I just bought in Street Fighter V and was trying to do Ryu's combo trials, got to the one where it's crouching HP into Shoryuken into super. I'm having trouble linking the crouching attack into the DP because the super keeps coming out instead. Any tips for this particular input? Is it common that this is tricky for beginners?
I think it's tricky for experienced players as well. It's because of the way the shortcuts in the game work. It'll be hard to give advice without me actually looking at the trial, but generally if I want to make sure I don't fuck up something like that, I try to work the crouching attack into the dp motion. Like instead of pressing d+Hp into dp motion, I'll press forward and then d+Hp and then slightly slide my thumb to complete the dp motion and then just do an extra qcf to make the super come out.

Or just abuse the shortcuts and double tap down forward (diagonal) + Hp and you'll get a dp and then just mash out the super.

What fucks this all up in my opinion is the really lenient shortcuts for supers. You don't even have to do qcfx2 to activate them. The amount of times I get a wakeup super instead of an ex dp are kinda hilarious.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
What you might be doing is starting with down (2) for the cr.HO and then doing the 6236 input for the shoryuken. This makes the game count the first part, the 2->6 part, as a separate quarter circle forward input. Add the second one and you got yourself a super input, which takes priority over the shoryuken you were going for.

The trick is to do the cr.HP by holding downforward. The game counts this as both a down and a forward input, meaning you only have to follow up with the quartercircle forward (236) to get the shoryuken out.

Then, when the shoryuken connects, you can do the super input. At first it's probably best to stick with the conventional 2x qcf+P, but once you get a feel for the rhythm of the combo, you can even do it with only one qcf, because the game counts the one you did for the shoryuken as part of the super input.

Last edited:

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Another Brian_F video, this time an in-depth analysis of imo the best SFV set of the top 8 and perhaps tournament:

View: https://youtu.be/6XZWqVM6MPc

youtu.be

The most important EVO match (Daigo vs iDom analysis)

iDom was America's best shot to take Evo 2022 in Street Fighter - but everybody knew he'd have to make it through Daigo first! Let's break down exactly how t...

Absolutely recommend watching it if you're interested in everything going on underneath the "two characters punching each other" surface.

Lots of fighting game terminology, so make sure to keep The Fighting Game Glossary at your side.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
SFV Champion Edition is kinda overwhelming with all the characters to choose from lol.

Going to stick with my beasty boy Blanka for now though.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
Ivan Domination himself talks about it.

View: https://youtu.be/13N2U_48n5c

Da God also chimes in.

View: https://youtu.be/ttFG5l9lorU

Y'all should watch the Idom clip. He says Punk and Du gave him good advice before the Daigo match. That was Idom's first time beating Daigo in tournament.

For all the (mostly deserved) flack Punk has been catching recently, he was really supportive of Idom. I'm not sure if Punk has a bigger SFV rival than Idom (aside from Tokido), but Punk wanted him to do his best.

Last edited:

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Ivan Domination himself talks about it.

View: https://youtu.be/13N2U_48n5c

Da God also chimes in.

View: https://youtu.be/ttFG5l9lorU

Y'all should watch the Idom clip. He says Punk and Du gave him good advice before the Daigo match. That was Idom's first time beating Daigo in tournament.

For all the (mostly deserved) flack Punk has been catching recently, he was really supportive of Idom. I'm not sure if Punk has a bigger SFV rival than Idom (aside from Tokido), but Punk wanted him to do his best.

du was there?

Hampig

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone here use a keybox? If so, how hard was it to adapt to, and is it in any ways better than a keyboard or should I just learn to play using my keyboard?

OP
OP
ThatMeanScene

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
We have some smaller tournaments running this weekend. I've made a thread for them here:

www.resetera.com

Fighting Games Era | August 19 - 21 | Summer Jam 2022, VSFighting X, Pokkén Championships, & CPT Online

The official thread for Fighting Games Weekend August 19 - 21! Tournaments this weekend: Summer Jam 2022, VSFighting X, Pokkén Tournament World Championships, and CPT Online Premier for Central America West! Summer Jam 2022 - August 19-21, 2022 | 📍 Cherry Hill Hotel in Cherry Hill, NJ, USA...