• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
WTF...I just played Avengers in Galactic Storm and it was a fighting game by Data East with the Avengers before they went under. Apparently after playing it and discovering that it had both assists and Team Hyper Combos I looked it up and it inspired some of the mechanics that were later used in MVC Clash of Super Heroes and Rage of the Dragons.

Never even knew this thing existed till I looked up "Avengers" on my arcade stuff. Had some odd folks in it. I played as Black Knight and used Giant Man for my Assist. Its so fucking weird that you can have Vision, Ironman, Thor or Giant man assists but bot playable. The playable Avengers are Cap. America, Black Knight, Thunderstrike, and Crystal. The other playables are badguys from the Kree. Next to no one in this game is well known. Fucking weird man...
Here's some footage of someone playing the game as Black Knight like I just did.

Nov 2, 2017
WTF...I just played Avengers in Galactic Storm and it was a fighting game by Data East with the Avengers before they went under. Apparently after playing it and discovering that it had both assists and Team Hyper Combos I looked it up and it inspired some of the mechanics that were later used in MVC Clash of Super Heroes and Rage of the Dragons.

Never even knew this thing existed till I looked up "Avengers" on my arcade stuff. Had some odd folks in it. I played as Black Knight and used Giant Man for my Assist. Its so fucking weird that you can have Vision, Ironman, Thor or Giant man assists but bot playable. The playable Avengers are Cap. America, Black Knight, Thunderstrike, and Crystal. The other playables are badguys from the Kree. Next to no one in this game is well known. Fucking weird man...
Here's some footage of someone playing the game as Black Knight like I just did.

This is fucking crazy. I can't believe I never heard of this being the big DATA EAST fan I was when I was young. I'd have gone nuts if I saw this in an arcade.

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
Can't make any promises, but I've asked Jebailey if we can get Umineko: Golden Fantasia/Ougon Musou Kyoku at the next CEOTaku. Fingers crossed!

It's an anime(as all hell) tag team fighter based on the visual novel. Gameplay footage:

Osu 16 Bit

QA Lead at NetherRealm Studios
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago, IL
I remember reading about Avengers in Galactic Storm in magazines and being super emo no arcade had it because it looked awesome in screen shots. I finally played it in the early 2000's and found out it was terrible.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Can't make any promises, but I've asked Jebailey if we can get Umineko: Golden Fantasia/Ougon Musou Kyoku at the next CEOTaku. Fingers crossed!

It's an anime(as all hell) tag team fighter based on the visual novel. Gameplay footage:

Ougon musou kyoku or Ougon musou kyoku Cross?
Cross was on 360 but I can never remember if it or the PC version had the final updates. I know if its on PC a translation patch exists... at least it did for the non Cross version.I actually own a physical edition of this for PC. It always had some of the craziest systems in the genre. I liked the declaring and rejecting metaworld stuff. For those curious, metaworld was something you declared and you could get both your own special ability and that of your partner during it along with some move stuff for a period. Abilities per character were nuts ranging from increased stun to healing to other shits.
Essentially, each character in the game had a super powerful Infinity Stone like power and in Metaworld you could stack abilities. You gained bar for this stuff via tag mechanics and you could reject someone's declaration of metaworld by spending the same bar they used to declare it. You could even go back and forth declaring and rejecting metaworld till you were both out of meter.

I can barely remember half the game's tricks. It was very deep and had a lot of shit to play with though.

Here's some more footage for those curious.

Last edited:

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
Ougon musou kyoku or Ougon musou kyoku Cross?
Cross was on 360 but I can never remember if it or the PC version had the final updates. I know if its on PC a translation patch exists. I actually own a physical edition of this for PC. It always had some of the craziest systems in the genre. I liked the declaring and rejecting metaworld stuff. For those curious, metaworld was something you declared and you could get both your own special ability and that of your partner during it along with some move stuff for a period. Abilities per character were nuts ranging from increased stun to healing to other shits.
Essentially, each character in the game had a super powerful Infinity Stone like power and in Metaworld you could stack abilities. You gained bar for this stuff via tag mechanics and you could reject someone's declaration of metaworld by spending the same bar they used to declare it. You could even go back and forth declaring and rejecting metaworld till you were both out of meter.

I can barely remember half the game's tricks. It was very deep and had a lot of shit to play with though.

Here's some more footage for those curious.

lol, coming to Steam in 2 weeks:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/550340/Umineko_Golden_Fantasia/

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas

oh yeah never heard of this one. Interesting

Oh nice

Kumubou

Oct 25, 2017
You missed the most important part about this release:

The tag-team fighting game based on the original "Umineko When They Cry" series, finally released on Steam, in English and with improved rollback netplay!

I'm actually curious to see how well this works.

In other animeeerrrrr news:

The Arcana Heart 3: Love Max: Six Stars!!!!!! (what a name) campaign hit its goal for a second playable character.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit how did I miss this?!
This even looks like the select screen from Cross! Full roster and improved netplay? Oh wow, looks like I may get to see some tournies of this then soon.

I think it only popped up yesterday. Because the last part of the Umineko visual novel also came to Steam.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
You missed the most important part about this release:
I'm actually curious to see how well this works.
That part has me pumped. Its pretty much been play alone time as an option till now. I'd like to say thats why I didn't hit this title harder but honestly I was buried in fighting games at the time and moving so it got sorta set aside. Now would be a good time to test the waters with everyone though since it'll have online and a community I can network with.
In other animeeerrrrr news:

The Arcana Heart 3: Love Max: Six Stars!!!!!! (what a name) campaign hit its goal for a second playable character.

Hell yes! Minori, Shark Girl, Dark Heart and 2 arcana's all coming in Six Stars soon means we got ourselves a full fledged new game and not just a single character update like the arcades got. This is gonna be so great for tournaments. Cannot wait for CEO taku.

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
Idiom must be salty
Early on during winners he had it. Could'nt even reset the bracket after in GF

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
That part has me pumped. Its pretty much been play alone time as an option till now. I'd like to say thats why I didn't hit this title harder but honestly I was buried in fighting games at the time and moving so it got sorta set aside. Now would be a good time to test the waters with everyone though since it'll have online and a community I can network with.

Hell yes! Minori, Shark Girl, Dark Heart and 2 arcana's all coming in Six Stars soon means we got ourselves a full fledged new game and not just a single character update like the arcades got. This is gonna be so great for tournaments. Cannot wait for CEO taku.

Looking forward to seeing some new stuff would be awesome if it sparked some more people's interest

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Hadn't played a fighting game for a while so i spent a nice, relaxing evening with the wife playing some 3rd strike and Under Night, man what a good time that was.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
36ab7b2c60be2604bd09602ce5fcac5b.jpg

Now I remember why I kept youtube tab open on my browser :V

I've known about this game for YEARS, but I don't recall any small scenes of following of it :X
Note that KoF '99 had assist characters from 2000 in it in the Dreamcast release, but those characters weren't playable either. DC ver. of KoF 99 also had extra stages interestingly enough (The PS2 NESTS compilation featured those stages apparently)

Fighting Layer matches
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YON7cLZdd3U

Hokuto no Ken matches
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lecy6pk6mvw

90 mins. of Daemon Bride
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlcWsVmHVbc

Dead or Alive 5 matches
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9LvmKfiQpQ

90 mins. of Garou
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37LM1UcHQyU

Samurai Spirits/Sho(w)down V Special matches
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRQX-m0SoCw

2+ Hours of Samurai Spirits/Sho(w)down 3 matches
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYsstbXTrc0

90 mins. of Rival Schools 2 matches
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_sSJlCDec4

1 Hour of Koihime Enbu
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4RMYpF6xSc

5+ Hours of Melty Blood
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5z_IwIbS3k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYUR3F9FLps
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXtY2v443cg

Under Night InBirth matches
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oDlJy29LYQ

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
For those that haven't kept up here is a breakdown of how Blaz Blue Cross Tag Battle plays

Notable things:
  • auto run-hold forward and you run. There is no walk in this game
  • universal low
  • universal reversal DP
  • pushblock
  • A universal overhead that if it hits results in both characters coming out to combo someone
  • two kinds of autocombos. One normal and one loaded with specials
  • characters have a back, neutral and forward assist meaning every team member has 3 assist moves to enjoy (even more than DFCI!)
  • hold assist once someone is called and the assist stays out on a timer and can perform unlimited assists till timer runs out. This is insane.
  • no incoming mixups. If someone goes down the next dude comes in completely invincible with an attack
  • DHC
  • Resonance Blaze. Think x factor and it can lvl up to lvl 4 based on using tools. Special cancel into distortion, more damage, more speed etc.
I emphasized the juiciest bits. This game is gonna be fucking great.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
  • hold assist once someone is called and the assist stays out on a timer and can perform unlimited assists till timer runs out. This is insane.
That's nutty.

tokubek

Self-requested ban
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Germany
Hey ppl a quick question: how is Blazblue Central Fiction? Completely missed that this actually exists (shame on me). I played a little bit of Calamity Trigger back in the day and enjoyed my time with Guilty Geard rev2. Anime games are kinda overwhelming for me but I'm thinking about giving this one a fair shot.

OP
OP
Karsticles

Karsticles

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hey ppl a quick question: how is Blazblue Central Fiction? Completely missed that this actually exists (shame on me). I played a little bit of Calamity Trigger back in the day and enjoyed my time with Guilty Geard rev2. Anime games are kinda overwhelming for me but I'm thinking about giving this one a fair shot.
I adore it, personally.

Oct 25, 2017
The Google Translate voice kills me.

CF has a shit ton of mechanics and may seem too complex at first glance but it's really fun and easy to pick up IMO. One of the best fighters out at the moment thanks to the roster and soundtrack alone.

Quebaz

Nov 15, 2017
In the subs for the DBZ Blu-rays they call them Artificial Humans every single time. It's annoying.
The term used in Japanese is Jinzōningen which is quite literally Artificial Human though, probably used as an all-catcher since #17 and #18 are cyborgs while #16 is a pure android. That said, their actual names will probably never be used in the series proper, at this point both 17 and 18 have forgotten them, and the fans don't really seem to care.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
If any assist acts like Strider vajra assist or maybe cold star I am gonna go so ham on folks with Azrael during that unlimited assist state.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So do we know exactly how they are doing Capcom Cup this year? I know they said they was gonna do something different something like group stages and such.

Nov 2, 2017
I'm assuming when he said "There's no walking in this game" he meant "no walking forward" because there was footage of people walking backwards. Even so, I really hope that's not a thing in the final build. That sounds super-limiting, I dunno. I don't like being restricted in my movement options.

OP
OP
Karsticles

Karsticles

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I thought two-button dashes were the best, but ASW figured out an even better option: only dashing.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for thatshaowebb; I have only been loosely following the game so was pretty lost on current mechanics.
Same actually. I really got tired of not knowin the mechanics and did a search today on it. I found out all that from the vid I posted and was pretty hyped to finally hear some specifics. Constant character trailers are nice but i really wish folks did seth killian style breakdown trailers more often. Kinda sad that kamen rider climax fighters has one but not most of the traditional fighting games coming out.

Zissou

Oct 26, 2017
I thought two-button dashes were the best, but ASW figured out an even better option: only dashing.

The circle is complete. Fast walk speeds (ST) > Slow walk speeds along with fast dashes (modern fighters) > dashing/running w/o walking
how is this not exactly the same as the first thing

tokubek

Self-requested ban
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Germany

Mamoniadas

Oct 25, 2017
Both Arcade-Shock and Focus-Attack are doing black friday deals
https://arcadeshock.com
Arcade Shock's black friday sale starts Nov. 19th and ends Nov. 25th. 20% off storewide with code BLACKFRIDAY2017. They are also doing daily doorbuster deals
https://www.focusattack.com
Focus-Attack's Black friday sale starts Nov. 22th and ends Nov. 27th. Not sure whats available but they're stating up to 20% off select products and have daily doorbuster deals as well. They're also doing a giveaway so check that shit out.http://woobox.com/die4oj

Oct 25, 2017
The circle is complete. Fast walk speeds (ST) > Slow walk speeds along with fast dashes (modern fighters) > dashing/running w/o walking
how is this not exactly the same as the first thing
Because some characters look silly as hell constantly dashing (without recovery?) when you hold forward.

But yeah, I don't see how this is different from walking fast too. I still want BB Naoto to be in just to see what they would do thanks to that though.