TheeFanatic

Oct 26, 2017
Lttp but Tokido made a great comeback against Luffy on the E League series last night on TBS. Luffy up 2-0 and Tokido came back to win the next 3 games.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
zgzpvqS.jpg

No wonder they didn't make it into T7, how is Lei supposed to get them over a hill into the game like this

KidAAlbum

Nov 18, 2017
https://www.openrec.tv/live/fn7Oj2OVHmf

Japanese 3v3 competition for a lot of money about to go down in 30 minutes.

1st round is
Dogura vs Mago
Haitani vs Fuudo
Moke vs Tokido

Momochi vs Bonchan
MOV vs Sako
Fujimura vs Daigo

Kazunoko vs Gachikun
Storm Kubo vs Machabo
Nemo vs Itazan

Matches might not end up happening in the correct order (that I listed), but the ones I listed correspond to the teams facing off. For example, Daigo drafted Bonchan and Sako to be his teammates.

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
CEO numbers are available to look at now. Here are the top 8 FG's(because DDR is the real #8).

1. DBFZ 515
2. Smash 4 480
3. SFV 406
4. Melee 297
5. Tekken 7 251
6. GGXrd 118
7. Injustice 2 95
8. Unist 84

https://smash.gg/tournament/ceo-2018-fighting-game-championships/events

Registration doesn't end until the day before CEO, which is a little over 3 weeks from now. DBFZ with a small lead over Smash 4 but a pretty sizable lead over SFV which it most likely won't lose. It'll be interesting to see if Jebailey continues the trend that Rick started at CB by giving the final slot to DBFZ because it has the most players or at least more than SFV.

Oct 25, 2017
China reinvents the King of Fighters
Last month, Tencent debuted a new KoF game for smartphones titled The King of Fighters: Destiny.
Available only in China for now, the game features a number of upgrades from the original. For instance, it's gone from strictly 2D to 2.5D, where characters can move laterally. Also, the attack moves have been simplified, with each tied to a single button. And cooldowns were introduced.
Plus, while the original KoF had a classic PvP mode where two teams of three characters fight each other, the new game also features a beat'em up mode and a MOBA (multiplayer online battle arena) mode.
[...]

The game was an instant hit in China. On the day of its launch, it dethroned PUBG as the country's number one game. It has since fallen a bit, but still ranked 14th when I last checked.
damn

Also didn't know about the 2009 KoF MMO.

wedl

Oct 26, 2017
CEO takes place in the heart of the EC smash community
there are a tonnnnnn of smash players in tristate, florida, etc whereas the scene is still strong but comparatively smaller and more dispersed in the west
also EVO is much easier for non-sponsored japanese players to enter since it's only a few hours away by plane

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
Interesting to contrast with EVO. Smash 4 is close to #1 here, but at EVO is #5!

Jebailey has a very good relationship with the Smash community, the Smash 4 community to be more specific. Smash 4 has finished 1st at CEO the last 3-4 years even though CEO has historically been one of the biggest SF tournaments outside of EVO.

On the other hand Smash attendance had a huge drop at EVO last year while it still remains the biggest tourney in the world for traditional fighters. So those trends might be continuing because I'm still shocked that Tekken 7 is beating both Smash games.

Last edited:

wedl

Oct 26, 2017
Jebailey has a very good relationship with the Smash community, the Smash 4 community to be more specific. Smash 4 has finished 1st at CEO the last 3-4 years even though CEO has historical been one of the biggest SF tournaments outside of EVO.

On the other hand Smash attendance had a huge drop at EVO last year while it still remains the biggest tourney in the world for traditional fighters. So those trends might be continuing because I'm still shocked that Tekken 7 is beating both Smash games.
smash community in general has been dissatisified with evo's treatment of the series (idr why but it was a massive issue a year or two ago) though it's still a major event for both games
also this is smash 4's final evo + it's not sunday and whichever smash game isn't sunday finals generally gets fewer entrants

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
where are those shill accusations we threw around for that other crossover game now?
Woah now I can smell the butthurt a mile away.

There is a pretty big difference between a company reaching out and promoting their game themselves and a company relying on others to do the work for them on twitter and shit for their wack ass product.

Last edited:

Zissou

Oct 26, 2017
Woah now I can smell the butthurt a mile away.

There is a pretty big difference between a company reaching out and promoting their game themselves and a company relying on others to do the work for them on twitter and shit for their wack ass product.

There is also a big difference between doing an experimental new thing and fucking up a series with decades of history.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
That's a big catch to get the prez himself

Wolfkrone and Alucard retiring from SFV :(
Dude where ya been? Wolfkrone has been playing other games in anime for years now. Guy is one of the more notable players of Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax Ignition. He used to play Akira in that game from Virtual Fighter but I think he swapped to Qwenthur.

Kufkah

Permanently banned for usage of an alt-account.
Oct 26, 2017
Testers should also declare if they're getting paid while shilling for the game and shouldn't be allowed to play in early tournaments. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

where are those shill accusations we threw around for that other crossover game now?
Those weren't accusations though, well, not after it turned out they were really on Capcom's paycheck!

Last edited:

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Testers should also declare if they're getting paid while shilling for the game and shouldn't be allowed to play in early tournaments. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
That or be like F Champ. Influence devs for their character to be mad buffed from the previous games, enter all the tournaments with an unfair advantage early on both in terms of balance and expereince with the intention of making money. Dude really is the heel of E-Sports. At least J Wong was decent and said he'd wait to enter tournaments because he had such an unfair headstart on folks. Course by the time he showed up it was nearly over lol.

Nov 2, 2017
What happened to the whole ELeague thing? That still going? Or did it even start? I remember it being pretty big last year. This year I haven't heard ish.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wolfkrone will most likely be back in SFV when C. Viper finally comes to the game. I do think Krones mistake was dropping Laura tho because last time he said he was gonna drop her and then almost made top 8 at Evo last year. His Zeku is good but I don't think the character itself is good enough to win in tourneys.

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
I admit, I'm not a big fan of insta-run for most of the cast. And Hazama looks ridiculous doing it. He should have been one of the characters who can walk.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Why is it shitty? No faultless brake?
It has a start up time before the movement ever happens. Doing instant dash normals works with no delay but to just move it has a delay

I admit, I'm not a big fan of insta-run for most of the cast. And Hazama looks ridiculous doing it. He should have been one of the characters who can walk.
They kinda merged terumi and hazama in a way for the bbtag version of hazama

Oct 26, 2017
He doesn't have a million supers so no :p

Also, is it just me or was the English voice actor changed?

I'm pretty sure Hazama still has the same english voice actor. It's just been...like, four years since a BB game had english voice acting. Some of the returning actors might sound different. I know Azrael sounded different to me at first, but I'm pretty sure DC Douglas is still voicing him.

Kufkah

Permanently banned for usage of an alt-account.
Oct 26, 2017
I hope bbtag does way better in the west than it does in Japan(pretty much guaranteed at this point) so that ASW see the light and bring back English VAs as a standard again... Or at least cut the Japanese VAs to save budget instead of English ones. :3

Kumubou

Oct 25, 2017
I hope bbtag does way better in the west than it does in Japan(pretty much guaranteed at this point) so that ASW see the light and bring back English VAs as a standard again... Or at least cut the Japanese VAs to save budget instead of English ones. :3
Their games having English dubs comes squarely down to their performance internationally, as not having a dub tends to hurt sales (I forget where I saw this number, but it's usually assumed to be in the range of 20% or so? It's significant.) However, if the game is a small, niche title, that deduction is less than what it would cost to add the English dub, so it then becomes a net negative and therefore gets cut.

People thinking it's anything other than a purely financial decision are just... wrong. :p

The one takeaway here is that they probably do project BBCTB to do better than the last couple of BB installments or something like UNIEL/UNIST (which, in UNIs case is kind of funny illustration of this as they already perform far better internationally than in Japan -- but it's still such a niche game that it's not beneficial to add an English dub).

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder what the fuck happened? The message on the Youtube page just says "his account has been terminated due to multiple or severe violations of YouTube's policy against spam, deceptive practices, and misleading content or other Terms of Service violations."