• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
HGG might suddenly go beast mode and bring it, and Chris G is a maybe, but other than that...

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Sonic Fox last America in top 8.

Every battle in top 8 is fierce. Down 0-2 against Go1 in Grand Finals, coming from Losers.

Takes off da cap. Takes off the jacket. Puts arms in the air, trying to summon energy for the Spirit Bomb. Whole American crowd at Mandalay Bay puts their arms in the air to give Sonic Fox their energy.

Sonic Fox runs that shit back and resets the bracket... then goes Ultra Instinct to take it for America.

Damn what a storyline!

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
This is going to be the longest week of my life. Hospital bills ate up my savings around Feb/March, preventing me from being able to go to EVO this year. :(

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018
Can anyone explain me why this event isn't in the World Tour for Tekken and FighterZ? Does Namco have beef with EVO or something?

Oct 28, 2017
Cousin is going back to Texas. So no Evo for me. But, I am going to make some ribs, chicken, ham and burgers along with Shrimp. I'll stream some Evo while eating some food.

CO_Andy

Oct 25, 2017
Beef playing an ArcSys fighter

Hell has truly frozen over

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else cautiously excited for Omen of Sorrow? It looks super janky but I love monster themes and it could be fun regardless.

Any word on the netcode type?

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Wait...did Terry Bogard just get added to Fighting Ex Layer?!

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Do we know if the pink square teased as a fifth franchise for Blaz Blue Cross Tag is for anything in particular yet? Since its Pink I'm hoping for some Arcana Heart to show up in that crossover.

Just got off of a week of 12 to 16 hour shifts punching wet coal and rolling off units at the power plant and I had forgotten it was EVO. I'm super behind news today.

Oct 26, 2017
Do we know if the pink square teased as a fifth franchise for Blaz Blue Cross Tag is for anything in particular yet? Since its Pink I'm hoping for some Arcana Heart to show up in that crossover.

Just got off of a week of 12 to 16 hour shifts punching wet coal and rolling off units at the power plant and I had forgotten it was EVO. I'm super behind news today.

It's going to be Senran Kagura characters. Leaked audio files confirmed that Senran Kagura characters Asuka and Yumi will be in at some point.

If not them, then I have no idea.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
It's going to be Senran Kagura characters. Leaked audio files confirmed that Senran Kagura characters Asuka and Yumi will be in at some point.

If not them, then I have no idea.
Very possible the ASW announcement about to hit today then may be a Senran Kagura fighter then. I played the sword user from that game in Nitroplus before so since its a musou like title it'd probably do very well in a full on fighter.

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Since its Pink I'm hoping for some Arcana Heart to show up in that crossover.
AH in this game would be a dream (Skullgirls also). I don't know anything about SK besides "lol Ninja titties",
For me, the biggest announcement is not the confirmation of the 9 characters, it's the fact the 9 are not the end for this game and more is coming.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Needed dlc for all fighting games found BTW.

God I miss The Rhythm of Fighters :(
I honestly believe you could turn combo challenge mode into a rhythm challenge based training tutorial to get people to learn those things easier. Its all about rhythm anyhow. Just figure out a beat, start it at a slower timing and in chunks and teach them to combine the parts faster and faster. Voila. Rhythm game mode for a lil break and something fun, but suddenly folks who do it walk away with legit timing and compartmentalized combos they can utilize situationally off of stray hits.
Gotta make fighters appeal to more folks and find a way to get em over the hump someday. More modes traditionally works and this one can also tackle folks not getting past autocombos.

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
Bought SF5 on the steam sale and I feel like giving a fighting stick a shot with it. What's a decent but affordable stick for PC? Any ideas?

Oct 26, 2017
Bought SF5 on the steam sale and I feel like giving a fighting stick a shot with it. What's a decent but affordable stick for PC? Any ideas?

What's your budget?

Personally, when it comes to arcade sticks, you should just splurge. My recommendation is the Qanba Obsidian. It's $200 at most retailers, but you might be able to get a better deal elsewhere.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
I have a Qanba Q1 and it's a decent, cheap stick. For a little bit more I've heard good things about the Mayflash F300 Elite; apparently it's got Sanwa parts and can support multiple platforms by piggy backing off of a separate controller. Lots of very good sticks at less than $150 too.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
It kind of kills me but folks sell empty stick cases for over $100 if its for a fight stick. You still gotta pay over $50 for a good brook PCB, plus by all the buttons, plus the stick, plus cabling on top of that.
You buy an empty stick case for a raspberry pi and its like...$25. Why the markup? I've custom built both before and its the same schtick except one also has a pi in it as well as a PCB. Do people just not realize how little a case costs to make? Are they just that used to accepting all sticks as over $100+ if you want quality?

Just sort of a market thing I've noticed recently that they can sell the same product for a $100ish more by calling it an arcade stick case instead of a retropi arcade case. Just sorta began noticing between doin work on a hitbox right after finishing up a bartop retropie arcade. You'd think with wood bein so cheap to work with and so many goin into 3d printers for the cost of an Xbox One that they'd just be aware of better price options.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
WTF!? NEGAN FROM WALKING DEAD IS IN TEKKEN 7!!!?!

(oh also yay Anna and Lei Wulong return)

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
Well.

I can't say a character from the fucking Walking Dead was a character that I thought would be in Tekken. Well, whatever. Anna and Lei Wulong are back, baybeh~!