Izanagi89

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
Quite short lived.

Fexyny0aUAExPjE

View: https://twitter.com/FFVII_FS_EN/status/1580083345534222336

Raigor

May 14, 2020
This is like the 4th time they are trying to make a FF multi-media project and they are failing once again, just stop.

First the original FF7 saga, followed by Fabula Nova Crystallis, whatever they did with FFXV and now FF7 2.0

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
That was... fast. Goes to show that even sometimes with the FF7 branding it can't making everything gold.

Fady

Oct 28, 2017
UAE
Man, it's not the fact that they make these mobile games that bugs me, it's the fact that so many have a very short life.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It was actually really fun to play. They completely fucked up right from the off launching the app before the servers were live, and the one stars flooded in.

Should have done a punt to launch on console and PC, but on mobile in the west, they were down to less than 5 real people per match

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
It had cool ideas so it's a shame. But not surprising.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully EC is ported to consoles once it's done.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder how expensive it was.

I also wonder what kind of lesson they will take away from this. Was the genre just wrong for mobile, will they blame the monitization?

Shift Breaker

Oct 25, 2017
I only discovered that it had actually officially came out earlier this week, thought it was still in some kind of beta.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Sometimes you can just see a new game announcement, scratch your head and foresee this coming all in the span of a minute.

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
always find it weird these games aren't immediately put on Switch at least
Japanese devs really should abandon their mobile phone fetish. It always goes wrong.

Just make the games on platforms players actually care about.

They even told people to connect the phone to a TV to enjoy this game FFS.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Japanese devs really should abandon their mobile phone fetish. It always goes wrong.

Just make the games on platforms players actually care about.

They even told people to connect the phone to a TV to enjoy this game FFS.

I don't play mobile games, but look at the profits of the successful games and say that again lol

NaikoGames

Aug 1, 2022
and another GaaS that fails for Square.
Avengers
Babylon
and now FF7 TFS

i wonder if they will learn their lesson...probably not.

Drachen

May 3, 2021
I kept waiting for them to put this on PC or something. I ain't playing a shooter on my phone you weirdos.

alexdotgames

Dec 5, 2021
Well that explains why they tried to push this thing so very hard.

Did this thing even have lore attached to it? I played it once, did not enjoy the gameplay at all, but didn't see any cutscenes or anything either. Does anyone know?

Neutron

Jun 2, 2022
I mean if Square really wanted to do a Final Fantasy GAAS/MOBA/mobile thing, it should have at least been Dissidia-themed to take in the entire series. I'd have tried that, but I don't love FFVII enough to play an FFVII-only one.

Niosai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
While I only played around beta/launch, I think this could have been more successful if it wasn't only on phones. Bet the console crowd would've been more into it. On phones, it just felt weird to play.

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
This was the br? That had dead written all over when revealed.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
and another GaaS that fails for Square.
Avengers
Babylon
and now FF7 TFS

i wonder if they will learn their lesson...probably not.

Their mobile game graveyard is way bigger than that. In this case its just the nature of the mobile market. Its worth the risk for most companies to try and fail a bunch to get the few games that really take off.

wrowa

Oct 25, 2017
The mobile market basically boils down to spending a fortune developing several games in the hopes that at least one of those games becomes a success that makes enough money to offset the other games' losses and then some. It's a tough market.

dumbyugi

Oct 25, 2017
From what little I played it was fine but this really should have launched on PC and consoles as well. I don't know how much it would have ultimately helped but at least it would have controlled better.

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
I thought the game was neat, but playing a third person action/shooter game on phone is a terrible experience. Was waiting for it to eventually come to a proper platform, but it looks like they'd rather pull the plug instead. Shame.