• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Use 50 nrg.

But hey Story Event uses NRG but is not counted. Gumi and its useless Q/A team (useless Gumi?).

Grats to all for their rainbow pulls.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
*sigh* when yourey still expecting to see news on a Tuesday sometimes =(
What are we expecting for this week ? Im broke again so i wouldnt mind a Gil Snapper return xD
Easiest strategy for Machine of destruction?
Havent done it and you probably know this page already but they have some interesting approaches listed. So you can chose what works best for you and the unit you own.

https://exvius.gamepedia.com/Machina_of_Destruction
Congrats cw_sasuke on Wilhelm, make sure to get all his enhancements, he becomes even more beastly.

Thanks,
yeah im gonna do that but more importantly ill try to max his LB before awakening/evolving him. I mentioned the last page that i dont really have units with maxed LBs, he will be my first one. Seems to be worth the effort seeing that he will stay a Top Tier Provoke Tank for a while.

Which brings me to my next point...actually two points. Is there a way to effectively farm LB in the game right now ? Also is it worth to invest in those Premium TM Shields down the line ? With Basch/Wil i have access to two solid shields, wonder if it would be worth the longterm investment. Probably gonna take me like 9 months lol.

Oct 27, 2017
IMO invest in either Wilhelms Shield or Gladio's shield. You'll have to do research to see which would be the better choice. I have Wilhelms shield. I can get my wilhelm up to 600 spr, 12k hp, and 771 defense and that's with only one patriotic recall and I still haven't finished Thirst for Survival yet.

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
In terms of events I wouldn't be surprised if we saw Valentines or Lunar New Year. The 14th is next Wednesday and Lunar New Year is Friday the 16th this year.

For LB pots, depending on your demand it may not keep up but expeditions have kept my supply of Burst Pots pretty high. There was also that method of equipping a fire weapon, fire resist, and letting your unit plug away at ifrit or something; this method might require LB generation gear as I can't remember if resists drop crysts. I also don't know how effective it is.

Dyno

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I almost wish I'd never reached the high end content in this game since honestly, it's all bullshit. That Bahamut fight was cheap and now I'm doing the Octopus Teacher for the 10% moogles and it's equally cheesy.

Kill one no problem and you get two. Nevermind the fact they're keeping Soleil permadead anyway with just one. Kill one again and you get double snort.....there's no reality where two snorts doesn't fuck up my team completely.

Why is all the later content so damn cheap? Am I seriously expected to keep running it in hopes that it snorts my healer and tank and be able to one shot it after?

Oct 27, 2017
I almost wish I'd never reached the high end content in this game since honestly, it's all bullshit. That Bahamut fight was cheap and now I'm doing the Octopus Teacher for the 10% moogles and it's equally cheesy.

Kill one no problem and you get two. Nevermind the fact they're keeping Soleil permadead anyway with just one. Kill one again and you get double snort.....there's no reality where two snorts doesn't fuck up my team completely.

Why is all the later content so damn cheap? Am I seriously expected to keep running it in hopes that it snorts my healer and tank and be able to one shot it after?

Are you reading the strats that people have used to beat these trials?

Dyno

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Are you reading the strats that people have used to beat these trials?

I haven't been. So far I've been able to brute force it and can more or less do the same here other than the cheap tricks like magnitude 8. I take it there's rather specific strategies to follow with all of these from here on?

Oct 27, 2017
Yes. Trials are challenges and not "brute force" content. Going into them with that mind frame will only lead to you wasting your in game energy and real life energy lol. The game needs a challenge and trials are it. The wiki and the family here will get you through the trials but you need to do your part and read up. Going in blind once is cool, I do it often. If I win the first time, awesome. If not, it's time to read up. It's NOT going to get easier from here in terms of trials.

norn

Oct 26, 2017
I haven't been. So far I've been able to brute force it and can more or less do the same here other than the cheap tricks like magnitude 8. I take it there's rather specific strategies to follow with all of these from here on?
Yes. Something not being brute force-able (though an old-ass trial like this is) does not make it 'cheap'. Trials are literally the only content in this game that requires more than about a quarter of a pulse and a baker's dozen of brain cells to complete, so hop onto the wiki and plan a bit.

I find it the most enjoyable content the game has to offer, though others' mileage varies considerably.

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the trials are too high in energy for me to make more than 1 attempt blind. Some stuff isn't immediately clear. Like Typhon has

Code:
Every 4 turns: Typhon took a deep breath!, end turn. Snort.
If damaged with wind attack (physical or magic) after taking a deep breath: Typhon's nose is itchy!, Big Sneeze, end turn.

He also snorts once if Orthos dies. But his other snort is managed through wind damage.

Dyno

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yes. Trials are challenges and not "brute force" content. Going into them with that mind frame will only lead to you wasting your in game energy and real life energy lol. The game needs a challenge and trials are it. The wiki and the family here will get you through the trials but you need to do your part and read up. Going in blind once is cool, I do it often. If I win the first time, awesome. If not, it's time to read up. It's NOT going to get easier from here in terms of trials.

Yes. Something not being brute force-able (though an old-ass trial like this is) does not make it 'cheap'. Trials are literally the only content in this game that requires more than about a quarter of a pulse and a baker's dozen of brain cells to complete, so hop onto the wiki and plan a bit.

I find it the most enjoyable content the game has to offer, though others' mileage varies considerably.

I suppose it's just since I've typically found some of the later content difficult in general but now that I've got a team with most units at the top of their class it's kind of changed a lot, especially getting a finisher in too.

I might come to love the trials, I guess it's more since I was used to to Dokkan Battles method of just ever increasing stats rather than a carefully planned strategy.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
I suppose it's just since I've typically found some of the later content difficult in general but now that I've got a team with most units at the top of their class it's kind of changed a lot, especially getting a finisher in too.

I might come to love the trials, I guess it's more since I was used to to Dokkan Battles method of just ever increasing stats rather than a carefully planned strategy.

That is one of the things I love about this game, is that it has content that actually requires thought. Like the Dissidia game that just came out and granted it's new so it doesn't have a lot of content anyway, I just auto attack everything...it's boring as hell. If trials didn't exist I probably would have dropped Exvius long ago.

Also. I went on a pull binge yesterday because I have just been bored with every game recently even this one. Nothing has been fun lately, MH? Nope, Dissida NT? Nope, DBFighterz? Nope. Ugh. 10 multi pulls. 5th Delita, 2nd Knight Delita ( Haven't pulled this dude ever and then get two in 4 days...ok) 3 Sakura's so I now have 5. Whelp.

Oct 27, 2017
That is one of the things I love about this game, is that it has content that actually requires thought. Like the Dissidia game that just came out and granted it's new so it doesn't have a lot of content anyway, I just auto attack everything...it's boring as hell. If trials didn't exist I probably would have dropped Exvius long ago.

Also. I went on a pull binge yesterday because I have just been bored with every game recently even this one. Nothing has been fun lately, MH? Nope, Dissida NT? Nope, DBFighterz? Nope. Ugh. 10 multi pulls. 5th Delita, 2nd Knight Delita ( Haven't pulled this dude ever and then get two in 4 days...ok) 3 Sakura's so I now have 5. Whelp.

Fuck man. Did my last pull for a second Sakura and came up short :-(

Dyno

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah I guess it's not really something to be complained about. I'd just really like that rod mastery and moogle XD

Tbh until recently I'd been bored of basically all games again. Starting them and leaving them a few hours in etc. I seem to go through phases. Was actually MH that got me playing again then the back to back Ayaka and Basch pulls have me burning all my NRG again. I definitely have off an on months with games in general.

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
I too haven't played any consoles or even PC in quite a while outside of when a buddy comes over on occasion. I've just been playing this and the new FF Opera Omnia game. I never thought I'd become one of those despicable mobile-only gamers, help me! That reminds me, I need to look at console game launch dates for this year. I know Red Dead got delayed so God of War is probably my next game.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Slow times for me too, hoping for some nice GLEX events with Valentine/CNY, otherwise I'm excited to play Bayonetta again next week since I didn't 100% both on Wii U.
Playing Dissidia mobile as well, it's nice but extremely limited right now, it's launch so I'm used to that after FFRK/Mobius and BE's respective launch week.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
IMO invest in either Wilhelms Shield or Gladio's shield. You'll have to do research to see which would be the better choice. I have Wilhelms shield. I can get my wilhelm up to 600 spr, 12k hp, and 771 defense and that's with only one patriotic recall and I still haven't finished Thirst for Survival yet.
Yeah, im looking forward to enter the +10k HP club with my WIlhelm. His stats are amazing, but gonna max his LB first...still have WoL for the meantime.

I have to look up what kind of STM Wilhelm gets down the line...because compared to Basch his Shield seems worse, unless im missing something. So i think im gonna try to max Basch TM. Sadly i dont have Gladio.
Reminder to put Mechanical Heart on Wilhelm if you have it, he'll never die essentially.
Yep, i have one Mechanical Heart - use it on WoL or on Basch...depends who needs it more. I still have 3x 210 unit and been wondering if should farm a second Mechanical Heart. Kinda want to have it on my AoE and Provoke Tanks.
In terms of events I wouldn't be surprised if we saw Valentines or Lunar New Year. The 14th is next Wednesday and Lunar New Year is Friday the 16th this year.

For LB pots, depending on your demand it may not keep up but expeditions have kept my supply of Burst Pots pretty high. There was also that method of equipping a fire weapon, fire resist, and letting your unit plug away at ifrit or something; this method might require LB generation gear as I can't remember if resists drop crysts. I also don't know how effective it is.
Thanks,
i never heard of the method...is this still something that can be done ? Would love to speed up the LB farming process with Wilhelm so i can 6* him.

Also i hope the FFX Event comes back soon...i missed Rikkus weapon the last time :-/
Valentine's event most likely. I could do with Gil Snapper opening myself.

Valentine ? Okay probably not my kind of event/unit.
Looking forward to Chinese NY though...this was one of the best events Global ever had - i hope this one will be as good or even better.

robot

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, im looking forward to enter the +10k HP club with my WIlhelm. His stats are amazing, but gonna max his LB first...still have WoL for the meantime.

Thanks,
i never heard of the method...is this still something that can be done ? Would love to speed up the LB farming process with Wilhelm so i can 6* him.

To farm LB you need to equip the unit with 100% fire resist, a fire weapon, some limit-generating equip/materia, a non-fire attack/spell and ideally some health regen. Then go to the first Irfrit fight, enable auto-lb, and leave it alone on auto. The unit can't kill Irfrit with fire attacks and Irfrit can't kill you with his. His normal attacks will still chip you down unless you have regen though. When you are done, kill him with the non-fire move. With that method I could get one LB off every 30 seconds or so, which is almost a regular lb pot per day for only a few NRG. It's great to do if you're TM farming without refreshes since you can spend the NRG recharge time building LB.

hikarutilmitt

"This guy are sick"
Dec 16, 2017
I'm convinced now that unless I can somehow brute force Bahamut into submission I'll never beat him. I'm tempted to make Mystea and a friend Basch or Mystea alternately magic tank his spells and see if I can get through it, but I also need to go through his stupid areas to get more rat tails.

EDIT
So I tested my strategy and if it hadn't been for forgetting Bahamut can paralyze my whole team, I would have had him with alternating magic tanks. Just keep using one of them them each round, alternating between them dying and being revived is enough to keep the rest of my team in shape to damage Bahamut. Might just get this done!

Now I need to get another rat tail... :|

Last edited:

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
I'm convinced now that unless I can somehow brute force Bahamut into submission I'll never beat him. I'm tempted to make Mystea and a friend Basch or Mystea alternately magic tank his spells and see if I can get through it, but I also need to go through his stupid areas to get more rat tails.

I'm waiting for power creep to take on Bahamut. It's why I haven't bothered with most of the trials, I have no time for them. Happy to wait and steamroll through them.

hikarutilmitt

"This guy are sick"
Dec 16, 2017
I'm waiting for power creep to take on Bahamut. It's why I haven't bothered with most of the trials, I have no time for them. Happy to wait and steamroll through them.
That's more or less what's been happening to me lately. Aigaion just seems like a pipe dream since I don't really have the patience to sit there for, what, 4 hours? while I chip away at him. Malboro seems like I might be able to do it if I just build my team right and bring the right friend.

Zippedpinhead

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
Took down Elnath with Ashe as MVP, honorable mention to WoL, Soliel and Rikku. Ayaka was there as healer/MP battery but could have been subbed for Rosa or another character that does the similar stuff.

Used Landu family (orlandu and agrias) to chain down the physical arm after Ashe dealt with magic arm during phase 2. TT took down the rest of phase 2 (but a Victoria would have been jus as effective).

After that did the OTKO strays for phase 3. (Dispel, armor eraser, imperil lightning, carbuncle, and then thundaja while targeting your own characters)

Did discover 2 things

1) 850+ SPR ayaka with 7k hP will tank the phase 3 threshold (this is important for number 2)

2) Dual casting Thundaja on your own party is a BAD THING when you are using carbuncle. The first reflects and kills Elnath and the second kills your party... thank God that ayaka tanked the phase transition or I would have been doing it a second time!

robot

Oct 27, 2017
Guys my best unit is Rizer and I'm having trouble beating content. Here he is:
GetConfigurationImage

hikarutilmitt

"This guy are sick"
Dec 16, 2017
Not long after my edit I actually completed Bahamut, lol.

I just kept Mystea in my party and brought a friend Basch with. First round was magic block with Mystea, chained with 2B and Agrias, Tilith put up paralyze protection and TT battened down the hatches for some Chaos Wave+2 chaining.

Next round then on was chaining Agrias, 2B, and TT, reviving the previous round's tank and using the living tank to block all of his magic for the party. Goes down smooth.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Seems like this new 4* unit is the real deal, also Lunera and co. enhancements sweet

Festival of Love Event.

New Kind of Event. Part Exploration and part Boss Fight

3 New Units and New 6* Awakening

4* Yan (AoE Re-raise with Elemental Resist)

5* Ang (Bow Attacker with Insect, Dragon, Beast, Bird Killers, Have TDH)

If Yan & Ang are together in battle they buff each other.

5* Chow (A Magical Tank 5* that is a Dog Mystea, move out of there I wan't a dog in my party)

Yuri upgrade from 3-5 to 3-6 (Chaining skills)

Abilities Awakening

• Yun, Olive, Lunera (Shally call Lunera Awakening OP)

• Ling, Cupid Artemios

• Roselia, Ruggles, Cupid Luna
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExv...final_fantasy_brave_exvius_updates_17_global/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejKS-ki0zfQ

To farm LB you need to equip the unit with 100% fire resist, a fire weapon, some limit-generating equip/materia, a non-fire attack/spell and ideally some health regen. Then go to the first Irfrit fight, enable auto-lb, and leave it alone on auto. The unit can't kill Irfrit with fire attacks and Irfrit can't kill you with his. His normal attacks will still chip you down unless you have regen though. When you are done, kill him with the non-fire move. With that method I could get one LB off every 30 seconds or so, which is almost a regular lb pot per day for only a few NRG. It's great to do if you're TM farming without refreshes since you can spend the NRG recharge time building LB.
Thanks, weird that i didnt know about this.
Ill check later if i have the means to run a Wilhelm with the needed gear and see how long it take get one LB up.

Dandte

Oct 26, 2017
I have three units of the whole batch, being bast dwarf Ruggles, best white mage Roselia (urgh i just remembered i didn't got her santa form within ~180 pulls) and cupid Luna. That will be a cheap month yay.

Zippedpinhead

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
Olive enhancements look good on paper, but until I see the actual increases I'm keepping my money.

Beside I only have 2mil Gil and (expeditions are expensive!

Zippedpinhead

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
Won't know until maintenance but I'm really hoping they turn out good. As long as Yun's new frames are something decent! And here we were all wondering when they'd fit V-Day and CNY in... just do 'em together!
And next week can be the rerun of last year's lunar new year and Valentine's Day units!

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Well, Reddit got their (magical) dog tank.
Curious to know the details of the new/enhanced skills.

Grim

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK.
Eh so it looks like they just combined valentines day and Lunar new year together for banner, lol. Not sure if I like that.

I'm not sure if I want a dog on my team, but that archer dude is bound to be OP with a similar set up to cloud and innate killers. Unless his animations are good, meh. Not a dan of finishers.

Last edited:

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Won't know until maintenance but I'm really hoping they turn out good. As long as Yun's new frames are something decent! And here we were all wondering when they'd fit V-Day and CNY in... just do 'em together!
True,
just from the description though im already quite hopeful.

I was going to start hoarding but i think im gonna use the 4* Ticket we get and hope for Yan. Already have Ling and the +AoE ReRaise + Elemental Buff sounds awesome.
Pulled my third Ace today, was really hoping for CG Sakura, but alas.
Only one Ace left for his 7* version and Super TM xD

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Finally finished the story event, this one was awesome. I had totally pushed Roselia to 100 over the cactuar weekend, she was my favorite of the 3* healers.

The new units look interesting: the dog magic tank, an archer(maybe one strong enough to justify using), and a support that seems like her use would be similar to Rikku. I'm still trying to hoard, so I think I'd use some tickets at best.

Enhancements:
I have an Olive and Lunera, so I'm looking forward to the numbers on their buffs. Seems like Lunera gets song includes a buff to hp/mp restore that she didn't on JP, so I guess she leans harder into her superior regen capabilities.

wilstreak

Dec 1, 2017
After Balthier, PG Lasswell and Enhanced Olive tomorrow, a new finisher doesn't makes me want to pull, even if he is better than our recent units.

It will be nice if Ang actually a TDH chainer, but without access to W-ability, I don't know how good it is.

Gonna try to at least get Yan just because her sprite is beautiful.

And also, it is a nice surprise that enhancement happen on the first week and in the same week as video announcement.

I hope Lunera is as OP as Shaly teased in the video.
Though I am quite sure I will lack specifically black cryst.
Ling's enhancement probably would cost a lot of black cryst (like Ramza's break)
and Lunera's Aureola Ray will also probably use black (tho i hope it is power).
Tech will also be used by Olive and Lunera.

I just hope they try to use Green, White and healing cryst more.

Last edited:

Zippedpinhead

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
I actually sold a stack of 199 white crysts. Just have nothing to use them with. I'm short tech crysts of all types though, anyone know which story mission is best for those?

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
Hey Mr. Poolman do you have Golem yet? He's much better suited to your WoL than Ramuh. Good job on levelling him though, seen you on my friend list a few times.

Broseybrose

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope they do Ling justice with her enhancements. Id love to bring her back into my rotation.

I also love the Cupid units, Arty especially, and am pumped to see what they can do.