• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zippedpinhead

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
With the dupes I have i'll Have a decent 7* team day 1 (assuming I have the initial 9 million for the first three, then just need 6 million before ayaka drops and I'll unit of choice my chain damage dealer..)

norn

Oct 26, 2017
Just remember that it's only now in JP with the Gilgamesh runback trial that Alim is claiming they're developing something tuned for a full party of 7* units - 7 months or so after their introduction.

Long-term (or otherwise lucky) players are essentially going to be showing up to Orbonne Monastery Vaults with 5 Lightnings + Friend Lightning and wondering what all the fuss was about.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Pick up one Nichol on his banner, which will carry you for the next x months until the CG units get 7* - they were a late wave in JP and there's no reason to think GL will be any different. If we get the CG banner, great, that's the time to go for dupes. If not, UoC dupes if you really need/want to.

I haven't chased a dupe of any CG unit for precisely this reason. People out here trying to pull two Lids and shit - you've got like 5 months before her 7* even drops. Chill.
Ah yes, you're right, Nichol was indeed in one of the last 7* batches.
Will get one for sure.

Quick edit : checked and he was in the very last 7* awakening batch.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
I just hope that we get same treatment JP had:

Lapis gained during playtime is given as tickets:

JP Anni said:
  • Every 5k lapis from the beginning until 9/30 = 1 special anni ticket
  • Every 50k lapis from the beginning until 9/30 = 1 special anni 4★ ticket

P8fK9fx.png
2XTp5IU.png
TM4ahGE.png

Not sure I wan't to know how much Lapis I have wasted during +2 years of BE time.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Pick up one Nichol on his banner, which will carry you for the next x months until the CG units get 7* - they were a late wave in JP and there's no reason to think GL will be any different. If we get the CG banner, great, that's the time to go for dupes. If not, UoC dupes if you really need/want to.

I haven't chased a dupe of any CG unit for precisely this reason. People out here trying to pull two Lids and shit - you've got like 5 months before her 7* even drops. Chill.
That's a good point actually. I was planning to go for 2 tbh because I want to UoC Yuna, but I think your plan is the correct decision. I was a little worried about trying to get 2 as well because I had to spend the bulk of my lapis on the TDH step up due to my absence. If I get 1 early I'll consider going for second, but otherwise I'll wait for his potential return.

witchedwiz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The number of coins needed for those rewards is just insane. 5000 for an UoC ticket and a 3* unit only gives 100? Who has that kind of number of tmr'd units?
*coff coff*
I tmr 22/7.. that 2 daily hours is the time I actually use to do daily, arena, fuse some units, launch expedition, run some events...
I'm positive I have over 100 3* maxed (I have sold a ton of those, so I should have like 60 or something) and for sure WAY more than 25 4*...
All my 36 5* are tmr maxed as well..
Sooo, not that unlikely..
Steep, but not unlikely...

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Oh and it's finally been 2 years I'm playing this game too!

JH7xfmV.png

j1toNvbl.jpg

At soft launch the game was only in English, time flies so fast. My oldest friend is Rixa, added 727 days ago.
I'm excited to know what Gumi is preparing for the game's 2nd anniversary.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
So is this a dead week? Here was me grinding like crazy so I didn't have to do mog king, raid, and whatever event came this week at the same time. Ah well, my other game has a big event coming up tomorrow so can chill on BE for a bit.

Last edited:

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
His TM is really good. Closest we'll get to sword mastery. Obviously there's dark knight soul but not everyone can equip heavy armor (or wants to in BiS builds). Plus that fire resist is useful. I would have taken him over the Luneth I got on the step up.

Oh Shera is a dude ? lol i didnt know.
Well...thats something i guess but i doubt ill be ever in such a good spot that i could afford such a TM compared to Dark Knight Soul.

Well anyway...im ready to bow out - not because the game is bad or anything but i think ive had enough of it and would rather spend the time on something else.

Gonna wait and see what kind of log-in boni we are getting for the Anni month and then decide if its worth to keep going on.

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
Did Gumi really just implicitly announce that there's going to be dead space until the E3 announcement? That boggles my mind.

Also, someone else presented a good point about Reberta's enhancements. Per Standard Gumi Operating Procedures, her enhancements won't come out until Helmetless Kain has been out for a while. And if FF4 has been banished to be a 7* release and not a 6*, then... welp.

That tank banner is a really tasty trap though...

Dyno

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that Tank banner had my eye. A second Willy or Basch would be really nice. Plus if you need hundreds of fully TM'd units for UoC I doubt I'll ever get even one. I sold all my Mastered units since there was no use for them at the time.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm definitely going to do a couple pulls on the tank banner. I have 2 of 4 but I'm really hoping to finally get a Basch or Wilhelm. My WoL has been great but Basch is such an amazing tank.

norn

Oct 26, 2017
If you need or just want a tank from this banner then let the lapis fly but just my usual off-the-cuff thoughts:

1) Merc Ramza, pending enhancements / 7* changes is :shrug: tier
2) Gladio looks pretty good at 7* but his provoke is locked behind his LB so it's a little janky if that's what you're using him for
-> generous 2.5/4 ranking for the viability of this banner - 0.75% chance at pulling each one of them
A) Woke Rain should be shortly after Raegen (so July-ish) and is competitive with Basch as a magic tank (probably better at raw tanking, lacks the break utility, has SPR-as-MAG attacks) - should be 1% chance to pull
B) July will be a year on from Zargabaath's release in GL and I'm thinking that'd be a good time to bring Gabranth to GL, who is a strong cover/provoke tank with DEF-as-ATK moves and he also looks like a mad cunt - probably decent odds he's on a split banner but this is 100% speculation from me so wouldn't put too much stock in it

As someone with 2 Gladios, 1 Merc Ramza, 1 Wilhelm, 0 Basch, I'm going to watch this banner come and go and wait for Awokeneding Rain because so far Mystea is more than enough for trials.

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
Did they really announce enhancements early this month and then skip entirely? So what now, we got enhancements early May for DQ and now we wait until mid June for the next batch?

What a mess. Meanwhile they complain about a community rep putting out info too early.

Also I have every unit on the tank banner, so I may likely be skipping and I also assume these repeat events again won't replenish rewards meaning nothing for veterans. Ughh, it's been a boring couple of weeks outside of my good 5* pulls.

Back to hoarding and farming I guess.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Just did a YOLO daily and got a second Cloud...

So how do 7* awakenings work? Have they come to GLB yet?
For 7* awakening, you need to transform a dupe Cloud into a Cloud awakening material, then awake your other Cloud with it.
They should start appearing in the next 1/2 months but be warned not everyone will be able to be 7* directly, they'll come via monthly batches. Cloud was in the second batch in Japan.

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
For 7* awakening, you need to transform a dupe Cloud into a Cloud awakening material, then awake your other Cloud with it.
They should start appearing in the next 1/2 months but be warned not everyone will be able to be 7* directly, they'll come via monthly batchs. Cloud was in the second batch in Japan.

Interesting. How is his 7*?

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
So.... all events and paid gachas are ending at the same time again (EOD 6/7). [Yes, the raid summon goes on for the usual extra week after the raid ends, but they are all irrelevant as they are freebie units.]

I wonder if the downtime today is going to hint at what is coming on the 8th?

Zippedpinhead

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
So.... all events and paid gachas are ending at the same time again (EOD 6/7). [Yes, the raid summon goes on for the usual extra week after the raid ends, but they are all irrelevant as they are freebie units.]

I wonder if the downtime today is going to hint at what is coming on the 8th?
Starting Anniversary early? 7* with return MK event (Nier or Brave Frontier)?

robot

Oct 27, 2017
I'm more inclined to think this means Gumi is pushing the 7* reveal to after the anniversary, but what do I know.

I finished the step-up and finally got that second Elfreeda. I'm all set for the TDH meta and a long, long rest from lapis pulling.

A second Elf now technically means I have a 7* in every role, but it's a pretty remedial team with Elf as my tank and Rem as my healer. At least I have plenty of physical dps dupes.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Alright Gumi is catching on and learning how to milk me. Thinking about dropping the rest of my 11 pulls on the tank banner. Not having Basch and Wilhelm is almost a bigger hole in my team comp than nothing having a buffer (got e. Soleil, so I don't neeeeeed Nichol, right?). I know the most likely outcomes of this is 1. I get literally nothing from all 3 of the pulls I can afford, or 2. I get a Gladio STMR instead of a useful tank, but I still kinda wanna do it.

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
This banner doesn't do anything for me. Peeved at no new event or anything though. Could at least just throw some rerun at least.

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
I'm more inclined to think this means Gumi is pushing the 7* reveal to after the anniversary, but what do I know.

I though that too, at first. But, the puzzle over why two back to back off weeks are happening, when there easily could have been a banner thrown in there.

Another problem is that there isn't going to be any overlap on events or gachas, like normal on the weekly changeover. That's only happened twice in the history of Global and on both times significant game changes happened.

It could be something else besides a 7* rollout, but what else could require Gumi to literally clear the deck (we absolutely aren't getting another rainbow boost)? My only guess on this is that if 7*s are being surprised dropped, Gumi wants to kill all the banners that state that rainbows only go to 6* to avoid bait and switch issues.

Zippedpinhead

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
Pulled a 4* ticket from the raid, came down straight rainbow! Second elfreeda!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And thanks to the raid she is already 20% of the way there!! No more UoC for full TDH! I'll have that already!!!

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
It could be something else besides a 7* rollout, but what else could require Gumi to literally clear the deck (we absolutely aren't getting another rainbow boost)? My only guess on this is that if 7*s are being surprised dropped, Gumi wants to kill all the banners that state that rainbows only go to 6* to avoid bait and switch issues.
This is exactly what happened before the 3% rainbow change (all banners finishing at the same date), there is definitely something coming up.

Could be introduction to 7* starting with a Brave Frontier collab as hinted on the Brave Frontier datamine. (And what I guessed before)

EDIT : link for the Brave Exvius collab datamined in Frontier https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/8je3tl/possible_bf_collab/

Last edited:

Cat_o_Nine

Dec 12, 2017
USA
I would be fairly annoyed with a BF crossover instead of a nier crossover, especially since Tillith is powercreeped compared to some other units out there, and no one uses any of the other units.

Zippedpinhead

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
I would be fairly annoyed with a BF crossover instead of a nier crossover, especially since Tillith is powercreeped compared to some other units out there, and no one uses any of the other units.

It will be a Nier collab to introduce 7*

*Cries in corner as PTSD kicks in*

I think if we get either of these collabs, Japan will get them at the same time (complete with 7*s for each...)

Because you are right tillith is power creeped, eliza never went to Japan, and Vargas is Vargas...

Now Nier... 2b and A2 would look great with a 7* base...

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
This is exactly what happened before the 3% rainbow change (all banners finishing at the same date), there is definitely something coming up.

Could be introduction to 7* starting with a Brave Frontier collab as hinted on the Brave Frontier datamine. (And what I guessed before)

EDIT : link for the Brave Exvius collab datamined in Frontier https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/8je3tl/possible_bf_collab/

That's the foundation being used for the argument being forwarded by most that this is what was going to herald in 7*s... but now there's a possibility that it might be VP given the surprise release of the game on Monday on mobile. The weirdness around the double off-week in a row implies that there was supposed to be a banner to cover this time frame, but something caused emergency changes to the schedule to occur. Re-shifting the schedule to cover a surprise VP launch would meet that definition. Even then, that sounds like serious stretch of logic. Then again, practically everything does at this point.

Sadly, with the 7* meta arriving, anyone who is not a base rainbow becomes irrelevant and any rainbow that can reach 7* will utterly annihilate any collab gold crystals, no matter how good they were at the time. Tillith's extremely weak enhancements only serve to drive that point home.

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
Well, I was right, the new banner did nothing to stop me from doing the step-up. So starting with 0 TDH gear, here we go!

Step 1: Elfreeda! Starting out with a bang! I thought I'd only get the moogle so what an amazing start, especially since she's the one I need two of!

Step 2: Crap

Step 3: My third VoD but not bad all things considered since I've been using my dupe to chain with my primary and this means I can keep that arrangement using the third for the 7* upgrade. Until I get Hyou, anyway.

Step 4: Crap

Step 5: Cloud Ok, two out of three I need for full TDH on one pass!

Do I start using my 4* tickets to get one more Elfreeda? I have 51 or so of them so thinking I could do that but then I realize I can do the daily off this banner, why not?

Daily: Blue (sigh, like always)...wait no, gold (ok, if only it'd go rainbow but I've never experienced blue to rainbow)...oh shit, it went Rainbow, it finally happened to me!!! Now what could it be? Please be Elfreeda but you'll be something off banner I'm sure..........Elfreeda!!!! Wooohooooooo!!!!!!!!!! Got full TDH with just over 25k lapis spent :D I still have 109k lapis left and all my tickets so still in great shape for future banners and now I can hoard again until Hyou or FFVIII.

I used some 100% trust moogles to instantly obtain all three and sadly I used a 93% one to get a FD only to realize that I don't have the materias for Tidus to be at a respectible level while equipped with FD. The best materias I can put on him require he wear Heavy Armor and equip a sword.... So I put Brotherhood back in but my Tidus went from one thousand seventy something ATK to 1463....Holy shnikeys! I'm now sharing him.

I'm tempted to do another step up pass but what are the odds I'd get both a Cloud and an Elfreeda again? Not terrible but not great either. I could use some 4* tickets but I'm thinking I should be content with one set and save for future stuff. It'd just would be nice to have both Tidus and Hyou with TDH when the latter hits. What do you guys think I should do? I know there will eventually be other units with TDH TMRs so I can always hope for those in the future for other units way down the road like Jecht. What do you think, Norn? A fool's errand to do another pass or use 4* tickets for a second set or most of it?

I also finally got Ifrit to lvl 60! Wohoo! Alas, I needed to reset to hit both killer+'s as expected but this was my first reset so it was a freebie. Now to farm and hoard Supercites like crazy for Odin because he has no bonus color....that's going to be rough. I'll probably use a little on the other espers my main party uses that come out before him like Carbuncle and Golem, just enough to get them as strong or stronger than Max 2* unless they have amazing nodes to unlock.

Phew, the run was worth it, I'm glad I did it.

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
So I lucked out 2 weeks ago with Ayaka from the daily discount summon, and now I just got Fryevia with my daily login Guaranteed 5* Ticket. Combined with Wilhelm, Lunera, and Olive, my team seems pretty solid.

I've got tons of chests I can't accept due to not having enough room for the 10x10 NRG in the chests... I only have 85 base energy. Do I need to reach 100 base energy before I can open the chests to have room to accept, or is that a consumable item I can trash?

Thanks!

hikarutilmitt

"This guy are sick"
Dec 16, 2017
They're consumables, but they're worth keeping around. If you try to restore nrg when you're empty you may find you have 199 of them already. I'm usually hovering around 150 myself, so if I ever need to super cram NRG spending in for something...

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
So I lucked out 2 weeks ago with Ayaka from the daily discount summon, and now I just got Fryevia with my daily login Guaranteed 5* Ticket. Combined with Wilhelm, Lunera, and Olive, my team seems pretty solid.

I've got tons of chests I can't accept due to not having enough room for the 10x10 NRG in the chests... I only have 85 base energy. Do I need to reach 100 base energy before I can open the chests to have room to accept, or is that a consumable item I can trash?

Thanks!
Nice, man, that's awesome! You reminded me I haven't used my guaranteed 5* ticket nor the 10% rainbow ones but I'll probably save all those for now. Anyway, you can either accept all and hit ok when the message prompts that some of your rewards can't be collected if that doesn't bother you or if you want the other rewards in these chests, what I do is blow the number of nrg restoritives that the chests contain so I can collect right away. You do this by trying to do an event you don't have enough nrg to run at the moment (some of the trials are great for this at 40nrg for a single run). Normally I'd say wait until the next event hits so you can go ham with that excess nrg but we happen to be hitting an atypical off week where we're getting diddly new save for a temporary trial boss. You could use it for runs in the cactuar dunes that are coming if you need those, however. I'd probably recommend to just sit on those chests until we get a new event, it should only be one more week.

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
Great advice; thank you!!!

Also, with 7* coming, should I be focusing on 5* base units I have dupes of? That'd just be Lightning and Luneth. Would 7* Lightning and/of Luneth outclass 6* Lunera and Fryevia?

Thanks again!

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Confirm me this fellas, I have Cloud, one Elfreeda and one Ex.Aileen, do I still need a second Elfreeda TM for TDH ? Should I still pull despite what I have right now ?

norn

Oct 26, 2017
What do you think, Norn?
First off, grats on probably the most comprehensive success story I've seen from this step-up. Don't buy any lottery tickets for a few weeks.

Second, absolutely do not continue. Prime example of knowing when to leave what seems like a hot table. I've seen a few people here and on Reddit talking about two TDH sets... this isn't a serious thing. It's a fuck-around, stunting, look-at-my-raid-damage-totals thing. Unnecessary for a long time, if ever necessary.

The truth is that you probably aren't going to use Tidus if you can score 7* Hyoh so one TDH set is fine. Nichol is coming, collabs are coming, Anniversary stuff is coming, et cetera. You won, exit stage left.

Confirm me this fellas, I have Cloud, one Elfreeda and one Ex.Aileen, do I still need a second Elfreeda TM for TDH ? Should I still pull despite what I have right now ?
Depends on who you plan on pulling for. 1C+1E+1EA=200%, which is enough to cap Hyoh, with 100% native TDH, if you're going for him in a few months. If you're planning on relying on Tidus or someone else without any native TDH then you might want a glove, but my personal recommendation would be to skip.

Marshal Glove is better than tying up an ability slot with Tomb Raider but if you only have one Cloud then 25k for 7* Cloud is bad value for lapis.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Marshal Glove is better than tying up an ability slot with Tomb Raider but if you only have one Cloud then 25k for 7* Cloud is bad value for lapis.

Thanks, i finally have peace of mind. I'd rather work with what I currently have and put my lapis on things that are more interesting in the future. It seems like the most sensible decision right now

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
First off, grats on probably the most comprehensive success story I've seen from this step-up. Don't buy any lottery tickets for a few weeks.

Second, absolutely do not continue. Prime example of knowing when to leave what seems like a hot table. I've seen a few people here and on Reddit talking about two TDH sets... this isn't a serious thing. It's a fuck-around, stunting, look-at-my-raid-damage-totals thing. Unnecessary for a long time, if ever necessary.

The truth is that you probably aren't going to use Tidus if you can score 7* Hyoh so one TDH set is fine. Nichol is coming, collabs are coming, Anniversary stuff is coming, et cetera. You won, exit stage left..
I stopped there because I know it's better value to go after other useful units than hope to luck into 2 freedas and a cloud again especially with Anniversary surprises, FFVIII, and Hyou on the horizon and I could possibly nibble at Nichol. It just generates a high for this sequence of events to transpire and the knowledge of a step-up being the most likely scenario to get another set plus the success I just had was a potent cocktail of endorphins so I wanted backup in talking sense to myself haha Thanks! It's always nice to have reinforcement on a decision to help solidify it. You're always a solid voice of reason with these things.

I figure Tidus would remain in the party even with 7* Hyoh as I have two Tidus' and TDH 7* Tidus is still really strong and close to the top tier of units I thought? I planned on having 7* Tidus, Hyou, and VoD as my DPS units until another god tier attacker like Jecht comes along. Think there's another attacking unit that would be more useful in that setup than Tidus for most battles? Granted, it will be DW Tidus once Hyoh hits until other units that have TDH TMRs come out or I pull Clouds and Elfreeda's off banner. I expect whatever solid units you can get to 7* will dominate team composition with this new meta to unfold. I plan on CG Fina and a Tank filling the other two spots always (save for special team setups for particular trials).

Speaking of tanks, need to get a 5* tank one of these days, still rocking WoL. Maybe I'll throw some 4* tickets at it.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Sadly, with the 7* meta arriving, anyone who is not a base rainbow becomes irrelevant and any rainbow that can reach 7* will utterly annihilate any collab gold crystals, no matter how good they were at the time. Tillith's extremely weak enhancements only serve to drive that point home.
I wouldn't go so far as to say irrelevant. I talked to Shouta about this when I came back and 4* supports are still viable because you only really need to stack them with HP/defences. Alim have said in their recent update that trials will now be for full 7* teams, so in 8-10 months time they'll be irrelevant but they're still passable for now. Probably not optimal, but definitely usable. If I don't get Rain I'll be using Water Veritas for a while lol.
Well, I was right, the new banner did nothing to stop me from doing the step-up. So starting with 0 TDH gear, here we go!

Step 1: Elfreeda! Starting out with a bang! I thought I'd only get the moogle so what an amazing start, especially since she's the one I need two of!

Step 2: Crap

Step 3: My third VoD but not bad all things considered since I've been using my dupe to chain with my primary and this means I can keep that arrangement using the third for the 7* upgrade. Until I get Hyou, anyway.

Step 4: Crap

Step 5: Cloud Ok, two out of three I need for full TDH on one pass!

Do I start using my 4* tickets to get one more Elfreeda? I have 51 or so of them so thinking I could do that but then I realize I can do the daily off this banner, why not?

Daily: Blue (sigh, like always)...wait no, gold (ok, if only it'd go rainbow but I've never experienced blue to rainbow)...oh shit, it went Rainbow, it finally happened to me!!! Now what could it be? Please be Elfreeda but you'll be something off banner I'm sure..........Elfreeda!!!! Wooohooooooo!!!!!!!!!! Got full TDH with just over 25k lapis spent :D I still have 109k lapis left and all my tickets so still in great shape for future banners and now I can hoard again until Hyou or FFVIII.

I used some 100% trust moogles to instantly obtain all three and sadly I used a 93% one to get a FD only to realize that I don't have the materias for Tidus to be at a respectible level while equipped with FD. The best materias I can put on him require he wear Heavy Armor and equip a sword.... So I put Brotherhood back in but my Tidus went from one thousand seventy something ATK to 1463....Holy shnikeys! I'm now sharing him.

I'm tempted to do another step up pass but what are the odds I'd get both a Cloud and an Elfreeda again? Not terrible but not great either. I could use some 4* tickets but I'm thinking I should be content with one set and save for future stuff. It'd just would be nice to have both Tidus and Hyou with TDH when the latter hits. What do you guys think I should do? I know there will eventually be other units with TDH TMRs so I can always hope for those in the future for other units way down the road like Jecht. What do you think, Norn? A fool's errand to do another pass or use 4* tickets for a second set or most of it?

I also finally got Ifrit to lvl 60! Wohoo! Alas, I needed to reset to hit both killer+'s as expected but this was my first reset so it was a freebie. Now to farm and hoard Supercites like crazy for Odin because he has no bonus color....that's going to be rough. I'll probably use a little on the other espers my main party uses that come out before him like Carbuncle and Golem, just enough to get them as strong or stronger than Max 2* unless they have amazing nodes to unlock.

Phew, the run was worth it, I'm glad I did it.
Wow congrats, and here's me thinking my luck was good on this banner.
I though that too, at first. But, the puzzle over why two back to back off weeks are happening, when there easily could have been a banner thrown in there.

Another problem is that there isn't going to be any overlap on events or gachas, like normal on the weekly changeover. That's only happened twice in the history of Global and on both times significant game changes happened.

Pretty much in agreement with this.

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
Thanks, Alkez! and yes, while events are dying this week and there's less to do in-game, things are certainly interesting from a speculation stance. Particularly with the timing of E3 and the Anniversary so very big additions should be rolling in the coming weeks. They are continually trying to shake things up off the Japan trajectory so we can only accurately guess what's to come in part. We know we're getting a repeat cross-over event, we know there's a strong chance of the VP cross-over happening soon with the new game announcement, 7* very well might come early, and we can all but confirm the CG banner will come for the anniversary as it did in Japan but they obviously need to pump out Nichol first. The question is what order will events hit? What QoL upgrades are we getting in this timeframe? and are there more surprises in store at E3 other than the aforementioned speculation? Slow week coming but it's going to get interesting soon after. In the meantime, there's always TM farming ;)

norn

Oct 26, 2017
I stopped there because I know it's better value to go after other useful units than hope to luck into 2 freedas and a cloud again especially with Anniversary surprises, FFVIII, and Hyou on the horizon and I could possibly nibble at Nichol. It just generates a high for this sequence of events to transpire and the knowledge of a step-up being the most likely scenario to get another set plus the success I just had was a potent cocktail of endorphins so I wanted backup in talking sense to myself haha Thanks! It's always nice to have reinforcement on a decision to help solidify it. You're always a solid voice of reason with these things.

I figure Tidus would remain in the party even with 7* Hyoh as I have two Tidus' and TDH 7* Tidus is still really strong and close to the top tier of units I thought? I planned on having 7* Tidus, Hyou, and VoD as my DPS units until another god tier attacker like Jecht comes along. Think there's another attacking unit that would be more useful in that setup than Tidus for most battles? Granted, it will be DW Tidus once Hyoh hits until other units that have TDH TMRs come out or I pull Clouds and Elfreeda's off banner. I expect whatever solid units you can get to 7* will dominate team composition with this new meta to unfold. I plan on CG Fina and a Tank filling the other two spots always (save for special team setups for particular trials).

Speaking of tanks, need to get a 5* tank one of these days, still rocking WoL. Maybe I'll throw some 4* tickets at it.
It really doesn't matter what your team composition is outside of trials so if you're just talking about your regular fuck-around party for story missions and stuff then sure, load up on DPS and go wild. I thought you were talking about your chainer pair for serious (or at least as serious as GL gets...) content, where I wouldn't really advise two chainers who don't chain together, much less a third one who doesn't chain with one and only kinda chains with the other. But for fuck-around content you also don't need TDH for even a single unit, much less two of them.

I don't know which trials you've done or haven't done or how aggressive you are in doing them on release, et cetera, but your TDH Hyoh + friend TDH Hyoh, per JP players, will paste content from the time of his release and quite a while ahead. Triple chain DPS is objectively suboptimal, though the relevance of that is different for everyone. If you just want to play with favs, nothing wrong with that. You're better off adding a finisher; you're often better off still adding a strong breaker or other support unit for trial-level content.

crimilde

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 26, 2017
*coff coff*
I tmr 22/7.. that 2 daily hours is the time I actually use to do daily, arena, fuse some units, launch expedition, run some events...
I'm positive I have over 100 3* maxed (I have sold a ton of those, so I should have like 60 or something) and for sure WAY more than 25 4*...
All my 36 5* are tmr maxed as well..
Sooo, not that unlikely..
Steep, but not unlikely...

Yeah, I realised after that people who tmr farm should have a pretty decent stash by now.

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
It really doesn't matter what your team composition is outside of trials so if you're just talking about your regular fuck-around party for story missions and stuff then sure, load up on DPS and go wild. I thought you were talking about your chainer pair for serious (or at least as serious as GL gets...) content, where I wouldn't really advise two chainers who don't chain together, much less a third one who doesn't chain with one and only kinda chains with the other. But for fuck-around content you also don't need TDH for even a single unit, much less two of them.

I don't know which trials you've done or haven't done or how aggressive you are in doing them on release, et cetera, but your TDH Hyoh + friend TDH Hyoh, per JP players, will paste content from the time of his release and quite a while ahead. Triple chain DPS is objectively suboptimal, though the relevance of that is different for everyone. If you just want to play with favs, nothing wrong with that. You're better off adding a finisher; you're often better off still adding a strong breaker or other support unit for trial-level content.
I'm pretty much thinking for everything but I know you have to be flexible and swap in niche units for the tougher content. I had a bizarre team composition for Bahamut and swapped in Mystea and Marie for the 3* Esper fights so I don't completely force my main team peg into every square hole. I'll probably be asking for team composition advice for trials and see what makes the most sense. It will be kind of a bummer to not find a use for 7* Tidus for the tougher content considering he's one of the better units and I actually have two of him already but yeah, even a 6* will probably bring more to the table if it chains well with Hyoh and VoD.

I'm way behind on trials, they seemed too difficult unless you had the top mages so that partially plays into me wanting a monstrous setup so I can beat these stupid things. I'm up to the Robot with the exception of having beaten the ice bird. I haven't done the 10-man trials either aside from easy diffculty of the first one. So my plan was to get a 7* Hyoh and brute force these stupid challenges haha I know, pathetic. I should probably just list what strong units I have for you master strategists of this game to recommend what composition would work against each of the remaining trials. The robot was a pain becuase Tidus is my top damage unit and I had him on a brotherhood + water blade setup but now that he's TDH, I could swap brotherhood for a solid non-elemental. My dual VoD's seem worthless with his light and dark resistance though....Although I could have one VoD equip the ice katana and bring in my Fryevia who's finally ready to rumble. Hmmm. Then there's the Bloody Moon where only mages do fuck all it seems. I have two Barbys but I haven't farmed much of any TMRs for mages. Problems like these hold me back. But yeah, completing all the trials is a goal I'd like to clear.

Wait, 3 chain DPS are sub-optimal? Really? A finisher as the third dps would be better? So.........so...........will Squall actually have a legit place on my main team then??? (not like I wouldn't use him anyway but a legit place?) #daretodream