• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Here's those famous 7* awakening missions : https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/wiki/mission#wiki_expert

lwmojmrq2of2.png

You need 10 5* select summon tickets to perform one, so that's 2 units of your choice if you awake 80 units to 7*
You can also check the parameter missions which give some nice rewards.

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
Congrats on getting Basch, Wazzy!

I cleared it with Trance Terra but I did the fight for a friend with my CG Sakura on his account since he doesn't like doing the trials himself and I love the hard fights haha.

You need a magic cover tank, a physical provoke tank to provoke the threshold retaliations in phase 2 and if you don't want your party to get smacked in the face too much, a buffer, a healer and some magic damage dealers.

You can try of course with two Barbies instead of Sakura but after you kill all the adds once and move to phase 2, if you hit Bloody Moon with black magic it will retaliate with some attacks that may wreck your party, so I went the safe route and didn't damage it with BLM.

The team I used for my friend was Mystea, evade Noctis for provoke (you can also use Cagna or any other better provoker you might have), CG Fina, Barbie, Soleil and my CG Sakura.

Every turn multiple of 3 the moon does a nasty magic attack, so Mystea's rotation was Triteleia Wall/Destination (for the 20% mitigation)/Guard. She survived with ~6500 HP on the attack every 3 turns only if she guarded.

Noctis just provoked and cast Cover for the MP regen, Fina cast revive on Mystea just to be safe, healed and helped with MP recovery or her Divine Veil whenever possible to add some more resistance to the team.

Barbie did Tornado -> Aeroja until the threshold, then she just cast Refreshing Winds, Soleil buffed DEF/SPR and MAG, and CG Sakura did Quick Thunder's Light whenever ligtning res needed to be reduced + Quick Final Thunder on each of the adds, or 2x Quick Final Thunder otherwise. For the Light and Darkness apostles, she has moves to quickly damage each of them, Quick Blighted Gloom for dark damage and Quick Bright Flash for light.

You can't really damage the Moon in this phase since it keeps healing itself.

Once you kill the Dark apostle, the Moon moves to phase 2 and it will cast AoE death on your party, you need to have Fina's LB going for that to revive, and anyone who can, just guards. When they get revived guard is still active and they can survive a bit easier.

I recommend pushing it to phase 2 and its 80/60/40/20 thresholds on a turn after it casts Meteor Moon (so turn x3 + 1) to have time to recover, then just Quick Final Thunder it away. It will resummon 3 apostles (wind, light and dark), so you need to chip away at them too before killing off the moon, since you need to kill off all the adds and the moon at the same time.

At thresholds, it has a % chance of doing some nasty stuff:
  • 20% Chance for Snort -> 20% Chance for 500% Physical -> 20% Chance for -75% Fullbreak -> 10% AoE Death -> 100% Chance for 500% Magical
That's RNG so sadly you can't really control it, but hopefully you have more luck than me and it doesn't cast AoE death when you have it at < 20%. :))

You can find more info here too: https://exvius.gamepedia.com/Wicked_Moon

I've added you and put up Sakura. Good luck!
Wow, thanks for the recount! I have those units so I should be able to give this strategy a whirl. I'm going in order right now so I'm going to do Marlboro first but as it's the most difficult, if I'm forced to give up on it I'll skip to this one :p I appreciate the advice and I'll ask for your CG Sakura when I'm ready to tackle it :)
In regards to Malboro, I kinda/sorta used this, just swapped out units that I had that made it easier but it's a nice guide to follow. Double Barb nukes Malboro pretty good https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/7k6nmp/malboro_guide_no_rainbows_no_reraise/

Oh yeah, that seems like a great guide. I think I'll have to ask for a friend Barbie to chain with mine because I don't think I can afford to use a second of my slots for the weaker dupe Barbie. Or maybe I should ask for a Mystea with 100% dark resistance as the friend unit because I can only get mine to 85% with what I have. This strategy seems like you really want two Barbie's around 1k though and while my main one is in the 900's and I should be able to boost it a bit more by taking gear from Fry, the second one is only in the 600's I think. So I'm not sure if it'd be wiser to ask for friend Barbie and go with an 85% dark resist Mystea, or go with a weaker second Barbie but get a friend Mystea at 100% resist. What do you guys think?

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017

Wow, thanks for the recount! I have those units so I should be able to give this strategy a whirl. I'm going in order right now so I'm going to do Marlboro first but as it's the most difficult, if I'm forced to give up on it I'll skip to this one :p I appreciate the advice and I'll ask for your CG Sakura when I'm ready to tackle it :)

Oh yeah, that seems like a great guide. I think I'll have to ask for a friend Barbie to chain with mine because I don't think I can afford to use a second of my slots for the weaker dupe Barbie. Or maybe I should ask for a Mystea with 100% dark resistance as the friend unit because I can only get mine to 85% with what I have. This strategy seems like you really want two Barbie's around 1k though and while my main one is in the 900's and I should be able to boost it a bit more by taking gear from Fry, the second one is only in the 600's I think. So I'm not sure if it'd be wiser to ask for friend Barbie and go with an 85% dark resist Mystea, or go with a weaker second Barbie but get a friend Mystea at 100% resist. What do you guys think?

Well I can provide a Barb or Mystea if you really need. That guide starts out just using Barb/Shantotto so it should be doable, just ask and I can put up whenever!

How am I supposed to kill that fucking Rat-hemoth fuck if he has his damage mitigation up all time? Dispel also doesn't seem to work.

How?

Er, it only lasts 1 turn and he doesn't put it up that often. AI dump on reddit says only on turns divisible by 5, so buff and outlast? I really didn't have any issues living after breaking atk/mag.

OutOfBounds

Oct 27, 2017
Berlin, GER
Well I can provide a Barb or Mystea if you really need. That guide starts out just using Barb/Shantotto so it should be doable, just ask and I can put up whenever!

Er, it only lasts 1 turn and he doesn't put it up that often. AI dump on reddit says only on turns divisible by 5, so buff and outlast? I really didn't have any issues living after breaking atk/mag.

For the two attempts I made it was up all the time. Every single round.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
I cleared Terrarat yesterday with all missions. Used Friend Basch who was full evade and it was super easy.

With that I'm just trying to use up raid orbs and go through the story. I have a feeling VIII will be coming in the next month or two and I want to be prepared even if it ends up later.

It's ALWAYS the last ticket. It's never ticket 5/10 it's ALWAYS 10/10
Seriously! It was same thing with Fina. I spent everything and didn't get anything but last pull where I was ready to give up, suddenly I end up pulling her lol
Thanks!

He is such an amazing tank. I'm glad I pulled him and he is now at 10k hp which I'm happy about. I know he can go even more past that but I'll need the TM's.

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017

Thanks, buddy! You're right, it uses a shantotto so I don't need to worry about the mag stat as much for the second barbie but by snatching equipment from Fry and passing on stuff from the primary barbie to the secondary aftewards I was able to get primary barbie to 963 and the second one to 730. The guide makes it sound as though you need a Barbie at 1140 for this strat to work though... So should I swap out the second barbie for a 85% dark resist mystea and ask for your barbie? Or do you think his comment is hyperbole and I can go with two barbies using your Mystea? Also, he mentions a complete evasion provoke tank which I can turn my WoL into but I thought the attacks are magic based but register as physical attacks so WoL wouldn't be able to evade it, right?

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks, buddy! You're right, it uses a shantotto so I don't need to worry about the mag stat as much for the second barbie but by snatching equipment from Fry and passing on stuff from the primary barbie to the secondary aftewards I was able to get primary barbie to 963 and the second one to 730. The guide makes it sound as though you need a Barbie at 1140 for this strat to work though... So should I swap out the second barbie for a 85% dark resist mystea and ask for your barbie? Or do you think his comment is hyperbole and I can go with two barbies using your Mystea? Also, he mentions a complete evasion provoke tank which I can turn my WoL into but I thought the attacks are magic based but register as physical attacks so WoL wouldn't be able to evade it, right?

You can evade the physical normal attacks, but the skill attacks are magic based so there's that. As for the numbers on barbs I used my 1k barb+friend 1k barb with malboro's tentacle which has killers for that fight to make it go faster. We have 3 star ramuh now too with added magical killer so that could help. I had Zargabaath help out with MP battery duties (as well as my voke tank) when the refresh wasn't enough, so that could be a concern, could always just try and see how it goes then revise the strategy. Think right now I can make my Barb around 1100 magic with malboro tentacle, just a matter of the magic tank with dark resist and ailment protection.

So can either put up my barb and you can try with Mystea with magic tank/ailment protection, or I can put up Mystea and you can try to get by with Shantotto/Barb and see how the damage is. Think the problem in the last one will be damage once in the 2nd phase, not sure if you'll be able to do enough to push through the rotation to not get devoured.

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
You can evade the physical normal attacks, but the skill attacks are magic based so there's that. As for the numbers on barbs I used my 1k barb+friend 1k barb with malboro's tentacle which has killers for that fight to make it go faster. We have 3 star ramuh now too with added magical killer so that could help. I had Zargabaath help out with MP battery duties (as well as my voke tank) when the refresh wasn't enough, so that could be a concern, could always just try and see how it goes then revise the strategy. Think right now I can make my Barb around 1100 magic with malboro tentacle, just a matter of the magic tank with dark resist and ailment protection.

So can either put up my barb and you can try with Mystea with magic tank/ailment protection, or I can put up Mystea and you can try to get by with Shantotto/Barb and see how the damage is. Think the problem in the last one will be damage once in the 2nd phase, not sure if you'll be able to do enough to push through the rotation to not get devoured.
Hmm thinking maybe I'll try your Barb then if you think I might not be able to do enough damage. I'm thinking it won't be the end of the world that my Mystea only has 85% dark resistance if my Fina always has reraise on her. So I can have

CG Fina: Healer, Rezzer, Reraise, Dispelga and a great Mana battery skill if I can afford a turn to use it.
WoL: Provoker and possibly breaker if I can ever spare a turn
Mystea: AoE Magic tanking, Status effect protection
Soliel: MAG buffer/SPR breaker and summon Ifrit
Barbie: Chain damage
Your Barbie: chain damage

Hopefully this will do it.

Edit: Ooh! I just realized I have the True Hydaleon Guard and that gets my Mystea to 100% Dark resistance! Wohoo! So yeah, share your Barbie, please!

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
She's up and good luck!

edit, be careful on dispelga use because it will get rid of the skin softened debuff on the big malboro

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
How do you guys do "kill with magic" when your best mages are Emperor and Sakura who both don't cap with traditional magic? Don't have TT or Barb or anything like that with good chaining magic. I have like a what's he called the earth magic chainer from the Cloud banner, but it's not like there are a lot of other one's of him out on friends lists to chain with him.

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
How do you guys do "kill with magic" when your best mages are Emperor and Sakura who both don't cap with traditional magic? Don't have TT or Barb or anything like that with good chaining magic. I have like a what's he called the earth magic chainer from the Cloud banner, but it's not like there are a lot of other one's of him out on friends lists to chain with him.
Whittle down and use Fina dualcasting Holy.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Personally with those finish with magic mission, I just use LM Fina's double Ultima on the killing turn, give me plenty of time to finish my chains.
I guess Holy works too, before that I used Ramza's Ultima, haha.

crimilde

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 26, 2017
I have Arc Arcana on my healer and use that to cast magic the instant the enemy gets at 0%. As long as that's the last attack that hits, it will count.

Celegus

Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't necessarily have to be the thing that kills it, just has to hit either in the chain that kills it or as long as it was queued up and the number pops up as overkill after it's at 0%. Like for this rat guy, I didn't take a mage just used Alterna on evade WoL on last turn

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Man I never seem to have any luck with just randomly casting the magic in the middle of the killing combo. I usually to the whittle then finish with the last spell, but it's so hard to get inside a low HP window for a non-mage to do it. I guess I'll try again with dual-Holy and Arc Arcana on Sakura and see if I can get lucky.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
There should be an E3 livestream same as last year where they show anniversary stuff, we're getting into exciting times for sure.

Xion

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, I've finally caught up with all th bosses in the game with all rewards. In the last few days I did Ramuh, Bahamu-rat, latest Chamber of Arms and Scorn of the Demon Chimera. That felt good :D. I just need to catch up with the latest story content and I'm all up to date. Glad we didn't have a King Mog event right now so I can play around with units and gear to get those out of the way.

I wish we could somehow sort our Units the way we want just so I don't get lost by all the "trash" between the useful units.

Some favourites folder, were we can mark our units by their roles and sort them that way.

Sorting by 6* descending isn't really helpful once you've amassed quite a collection.

I've said something similar in regards to Abilities before. I have some really nice Abilities that I like to make use of and always have to filter through the useless ones to get to them. I even forget about some of the ones I have until I come across them when looking for something else :/. Would be nice to have a favourites or a "star" flag to sort by.

I'm a bit torn about this current banner...I'm trying to recover from the Sephiroth banner and saving up again, but I'd love Wilhelm or Basch. Whenever I see an Evade Basch on my friends list, I always make use of him as it's crazy useful. I do love my Warrior of Light though :). I currently have 111 Rare Summon Tickets and 30 4* Guarenteed. I might blow some Rare Tickets today...hmmm.

robot

Oct 27, 2017
I still haven't done Elnath yet. What's the best team setup to bring?

You're going to want a set of physical and magic chainers to handle the different phases and at least a physical cover tank for phase 1. I'd recommend killing his 3rd phase in one turn to avoid some nastiness. If you have Barb, I used her for support and she was perfect for this fight. She can heal, recover mp, and increase resistance to the boss' two main elements, and tornado chain at the end all at the same time.

Xion

Oct 27, 2017
Decided to use up 50 tickets...

Ticket 1: Luna
Ticket 2: RAINBOW...Wilhelm :o
Ticket 3: RAINBOW...wtf!...Mercenary Ramza

That's two new units, how lucky! Not sure how much I will use Merc Ramza, but I'm going to see how I can use Wilhelm with my other units to take on future bosses.

I decided to carry on until I use up the 50 tickets and got another rainbow, Gladiolus! My 50th ticket ended with a rainbow, second Gladiolus.

Well I didn't get Basch who I was initially after, but did get 5 Rainbows in 50 Rare Summon Tickets, all new characters too.

Zippedpinhead

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
Need some tips for the the new demon chimera. I'm using Barbie as my damage dealer, but keep getting absolutely destroyed after the 35% threshold. I can get it down past the 60% and get one more good turn. With armor eraser I can get it down to 26% but then the pain train happens and it kills everyone...

Using Basch as cover tank and the armor eraser, ayaka as healer. Going for the 4 person team

robot

Oct 27, 2017
Need some tips for the the new demon chimera. I'm using Barbie as my damage dealer, but keep getting absolutely destroyed after the 35% threshold. I can get it down past the 60% and get one more good turn. With armor eraser I can get it down to 26% but then the pain train happens and it kills everyone...

Using Basch as cover tank and the armor eraser, ayaka as healer. Going for the 4 person team

You could try dualcasting Tornado then a stacked Aeroja. I haven't tried it but I think Barb can finished her own chains that way.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
2 days without moogles in the raid summon, makes me want to finish my Cloud/Elfreeda with all% moogles already.

EDIT : screw this I did it, put them at 99.X%, going to macro the rest in the next hour.

Last edited:

Dyno

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Personally I stick two ring of Lucii on BSS. 50% evade and alterna to use as a magic finisher for missions.

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
She's up and good luck!

edit, be careful on dispelga use because it will get rid of the skin softened debuff on the big malboro
I appreciate your assistance, buddy! I couldn't do it though. This fight doesn't come off as challenging to me as much as it's random and unfair. A really tough enemy that's consistent and forces you to implement and properly execute a strong strategy with a little adaptability is fair and an enjoyable challenge but when there are wildly different results in a new attempt while you're executing the same strategy, nope, that's just bullshit.

My first attempt I unknowingly was screwing up what round I killed the adds on and so Devour was hitting me. I was able to deal with it without understanding fully what was going on but I forgot to keep reraise on Mystea so my largest take away from the loss was to ensure reraise was always on my tanks.

The second match, I figured out the hard way that I was killing the adds a round too soon to avoid devour. I was able to rebound however and ensure it didn't happen again. I was able to cross the 50% health threshold and then instantly, all hell broke loose. I didn't notice anything in the guide that mentioned this but I thought ok, on my next attempt I'll just make sure to have all my buffs up and units guarding when I cross that threshold, no biggie. I also realized that I took forever to get the health down because I was using bushido freedom which was stripping the softened skin, too bad I didn't see your last comment to me in time haha So I thought ok, the third attempt will go even quicker and I made sure a couple units had the ability to cast dispel rather than dispelga.

This third attempt is why I think the encounter is garbage. At this point, I'm well versed with the fight at least up to the 50% health mark and figured out how devour works, how to properly dispel the adds so I can go ham on the greater Mal for two rounds, etc. but it was like a whole different encounter. All Malboro's attacks were going right through both my tank's defenses and killing my other units early on. It made no damn sense, I was doing the same crap that worked the first two attempts. I had WoL provoking and Mytea doing her AoE magic cover skill but unlike the first two attempts, they didn't do squat. As a result, I couldn't kill the adds in time because my damage dealers were constantly killed and so I suffered devour and the fight went downhill quickly. My third attempt went worse than my first despite all the knowledge and tweaks for improvement I had learned.

So yeah, this fight is inconsistent garbage and it feels far more luck based than skill based to me. Kudos to those that beat this stupid plant but it doesn't seem to be in the cards for me. If it didn't cost NRG I'd probably stubbornly keep trying since I'm not typically a quitter but the NRG cost is outrageous and I can't help but feel I'm wasting it when I'd get more from TM farming than I would the rewards from this fight. I can stick to the plan of curb stomping it in the 7* era and honestly, as I mentioned, this plant doesn't offer very good rewards anyway though my Barbie would have enjoyed to of them. I would, however, be interested in trying out the other trials I haven't done yet.

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
Squall ASF You didn't dispel his buff when he crossed the 50% threshold.

Crazy Mad: Increase ATK/MAG (50%) for 99 turns to caster

The fight may be difficult, and it may not be well-designed; but it's definitely not inconsistent.

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
Squall ASF You didn't dispel his buff when he crossed the 50% threshold.

Crazy Mad: Increase ATK/MAG (50%) for 99 turns to caster

The fight may be difficult, and it may not be well-designed; but it's definitely not inconsistent.
That part didn't upset me, read my third encounter as to why I feel it's inconsistent. Why did my two tanks easily handle everything he threw at me pre- 50% the first two attempts and then completely go through my defenses in my third attempt pretty much immediately when I was performing the same exact defensive measures? It didn't make a lick of sense. I was steadily figuring out what I was doing wrong and improving via my first two experiences which I enjoyed but then the third round, it was a whole different fight right off the bat. So I stand by my comment.

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
That part didn't upset me, read my third encounter as to why I feel it's inconsistent. Why did my two tanks easily handle everything he threw at me pre- 50% the first two attempts and then completely go through my defenses in my third attempt pretty much immediately when I was performing the same exact defensive measures? It didn't make a lick of sense. I was steadily figuring out what I was doing wrong and improving via my first two experiences which I enjoyed but then the third round, it was a whole different fight right off the bat. So I stand by my comment.
Each enemy action is tied to the particular turn of the battle. You likely got hit with Tentacle Rampage — which does indeed hurt.

Fortunately, if you kill him quickly enough, like by Turn 16, he'll never use it.

I completely agree that the fight should cost 0 or 1 energy.

But you can actually beat Malboro with only a provoke tank and no healer. You don't need a magic tank. (I cleared him with Willy, Lunera, Roy, Marie, Grim Lord Sakura and friend GLS.)

LowParry

Oct 26, 2017
Hmm. I need some minor feedback with party arrangements.

So currently this is what I'm using for my team:

Ace
WoL
Orlandeau
Ayaka
Fryevia

The thing that comes off about this is that most units on my list are chainers. I think perhaps I'm just missing out on a finisher unit. I was thinking of swapping out Orl/Frey for Flame using Fixed Dice. Is Flame good on the finishing move or are there other units to better compliment what I have?

Edit: Also, is it of the opinion that Magic characters are better in the long run than Attack characters?

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
Each enemy action is tied to the particular turn of the battle. You likely got hit with Tentacle Rampage — which does indeed hurt.

Fortunately, if you kill him quickly enough, like by Turn 16, he'll never use it.

I completely agree that the fight should cost 0 or 1 energy.

But you can actually beat Marlboro with only a provoke tank and no healer. You don't need a magic tank. (I cleared him with Willy, Lunera, Roy, Marie, Grim Lord Sakura and friend GLS.)
No, sorry if I didn't make this clear but I'm talking about at the start of the fight. It wasn't Tentacle Rampage, that skill is why I had problems when I passed the 50% mark on the second attempt I think, it wasn't an issue of dispelling because he just wrecked me on that turn and that's why I was going to make sure all buffs were up and guard on the third attempt but it turns out it wouldn't have likely been an issue because doing single dispels would have avoided taking soft skin off and I would have crossed the threshold earlier.

The third attempt, right at the start of the fight he was getting attacks completely through my tanks' defenses. It was as if I didn't provoke or use Mystea's skill but I absolutely was. This all transpired within the first few turns, it was completely unlike the first two attempts and that's why I say it's bullshit. If it was something like you were thinking where I took too many turns and that caused a new skill to be triggered, I'd be cool with that, that's just difficulty, not random nonsense. The first two attempts my two tanks took a lot of damage but were able to survive while the rest of my team didn't get touched, it felt like how things were supposed to go with my setup and what I read from the guide in the early turns of the fight. I completely bemused as to why it went differently in the third encounter.

Celegus

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm. I need some minor feedback with party arrangements.

So currently this is what I'm using for my team:

Ace
WoL
Orlandeau
Ayaka
Fryevia

The thing that comes off about this is that most units on my list are chainers. I think perhaps I'm just missing out on a finisher unit. I was thinking of swapping out Orl/Frey for Flame using Fixed Dice. Is Flame good on the finishing move or are there other units to better compliment what I have?

Edit: Also, is it of the opinion that Magic characters are better in the long run than Attack characters?
There's no such thing as a regular team, any decently challenging fight will require a unique setup and story missions you can use whatever because they're so easy

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
And done, I'm ready for the TDH meta.

vdfgzu9lh5q1t.jpg

Highest ATK went from 1210 with OK to this (no pots), would be nice to get 1 Prishe now.

Xion

Oct 27, 2017
Compare that to my 92 tickets and only 1 rainbow, yes you got lucky!

Ah, think I had it that bad (maybe worse as I don't remember a Rainbow) during the first Cloud banner. But yeah, I'll consider myself lucky. I just need to get used to using Wilhelm and how to best use him with the rest of my team.

Did this fight only couple of days back actually, did you manage to beat him with all rewards in the end?

Highest ATK went from 1210 with OK to this (no pots), would be nice to get 1 Prishe now.

I'm 2% TM away from that build! (Only recently got Fohlen and the Rider's Helm is currently at 98%).

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017

Broseybrose

Oct 25, 2017

vdfgzu9lh5q1t.jpg

Sigh... I have one Elfreeda and 35K Lapis.

You guys think I should do the step up and get a Cloud or 2nd Elfreeda (Or possibly both!)?

I've been throwing extra tickets at the banner and doing dailies but no luck.

I also already have Revolving Saw and plenty of Setzers to farm.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Well, that was easy

1fsxnjnl90sl0.jpg

Missed the finish with esper though, Mystea died a lot but with re-raise it's pretty safe.
Of course I used my trusty 100% evade WoL.
Next 10-man one is an hammer, easily skippable I guess, I'm more interested in the following one, 130 ATK Katana with Dual Wield included.
Sigh... I have one Elfreeda and 35K Lapis.

You guys think I should do the step up and get a Cloud or 2nd Elfreeda (Or possibly both!)?

I've been throwing extra tickets at the banner and doing dailies but no luck.

I also already have Revolving Saw and plenty of Setzers to farm.
I'd say do it personally since it pretty much the best TDH banner but I'd wait for wiser advice.
Also depends if you need a tank/healer/buffer/etc

Zippedpinhead

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
Did this fight only couple of days back actually, did you manage to beat him with all rewards in the end?

I'm 2% TM away from that build! (Only recently got Fohlen and the Rider's Helm is currently at 98%).

I stopped trying after my post because kids woke from nap time. Going to try again tonight most likely.

I'm 75% of a Marshall glove away (substituting prishe's TM for Fohlen's, I'm 100% away from Fohlen's TM...)

c-murph

Oct 26, 2017
Did a second pull on the step up and got my guaranteed Yellow Wizard guy and an Elfreeda... Do I pull three more times for a chance at a second (or a third cloud)?

Broseybrose

Oct 25, 2017
Well, that was easy

1fsxnjnl90sl0.jpg

Missed the finish with esper though, Mystea died a lot but with re-raise it's pretty safe.
Of course I used my trusty 100% evade WoL.
Next 10-man one is an hammer, easily skippable I guess, I'm more interested in the following one, 130 ATK Katana with Dual Wield included.

I'd say do it personally since it pretty much the best TDH banner but I'd wait for wiser advice.
Also depends if you need a tank/healer/buffer/etc
Nice job. I still have to do that trial myself.

No I have Basch, 2 Wilhelm, Ayaka, Lunera and Ramza, Rikku and Yan, so I'm pretty much covered in the Tank/Healer/Support department.

I also have BSS, Dragonlord, Tidus, 2 Fryevia, 2 Orlandu, 2 Aileen, and 2 Noctis.

I think I'm gonna go for it. But not at this very moment. I'll wait for some others to chime in their opinions.

EDIT - BTW I just caught this awesome video on how to get free AOE Reraise using reflect and Xon. Very cool trick.

Last edited:

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
If you only have Elfreeda then worst case you get a second Marshal Glove or a Buster Style. Best case you get both.

I say go for it.

greyshark

Oct 27, 2017
St. Louis
Did a second pull on the step up and got my guaranteed Yellow Wizard guy and an Elfreeda... Do I pull three more times for a chance at a second (or a third cloud)?

If you've done two steps already you've got to do a third - a guaranteed rainbow is too valuable to pass up. Up to you after that if the extra 10k lapis is worth a Cloud/Elfreeda.

norn

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah but if I do I'm left with only 10K Lapis and I'm F2P.

I prefer to keep at least 25K, but I'm thinking it may be worth it to future proof my account.
Work through the schedule. If you prefer to keep 25k, I assume it's for a 25k step-up. The next one should be FF8, which is functionally zero value for a F2P player unless Gumi buffs them in an unprecedented fashion. After that is Tifa/Vincent; really not a big deal at all. Then Jecht/Auron, which is a big deal and also like 8 months away. You'd want TDH for them anyway...

There's the GLEX possibility (as we're seeing right now) and also collabs. Of existing units, nothing would be as attractive as this current TDH step-up. GLEX units are unknown but relatively unlikely to be as 'future-proof' as a complete TDH set. Collabs are simply not reliable at all - we'll surely get some but we have no idea when or what changes will come. Hoarding for them seems questionable to me unless you have very heavy fav factor playing in.

Only thing I would say is that it probably depends on if you plan to pull for Hyoh when he drops in a few months. Your 7* chainer candidates aren't really TDH powerhouses (Aileen works, I guess) so there's little immediate need.

I think TDH still remains the best option for the security/knowledge that you can play on the big kid's rides eventually, though.

edit: also never forget that this game is a joke and you don't need to min/max it to this degree to clear all the content etc etc