• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Well it finally happened, 10+1 10+1 tickets.

er0a6eolxruzg.jpg

Dyno

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
10+1 sucked. Got 2 dupe holds plus trash. Oh well I'm at 94% on my Marshall glove at least and almost enough to shoot for a second Elfreeda. Happy holidays!

miscer

Nov 7, 2017
Merry Christmas everyone!

Free 10+1 ticket pull:
Rainbow - Elfreeda
Gold - William
Blue - all trash

Ninja Kn1ght

Oct 25, 2017
Decided to do one last Christmas pull on the Cloud banner with the Lapis from the gold bundle.

I saw the glorious rainbow descend and with great anticipation I revealed my prize...

4th Elfreed! FML!

Wallach

Oct 26, 2017
My Xmas 10+1 went pretty damn well - Christine, Gilgamesh and my first Soleil.

Now I just need to find a decent imperil for Christine...

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
Merry Christmas everyone! Gratz to everyone's pulls that nabbed some Rainbows!

10 +1 was tm stuff and no Rainbow but I did a couple 4* tickets and pulled a second Elfreeda! I have two Clouds and two of her so my Cloud is prepared for the long run. I also picked up the bundles which put my Elfreeda very close to her tm.

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
Eternal Winter - Story 4 will unlock very soon

C'mon folks, spend that 25 NRG on Ice Cave ELT please. Make my Christmas.

Celegus

Oct 25, 2017
Got my second every daily rainbow... sadly not Ice Bear, got Kryla. Pretty awesome for a daily though and an awesome way to start the day before even getting out of bed!

10+1 got me a rainbow as well - third Tidus! Still the only 5* I have more than one of, now I really need a 4th!

Last edited:

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
Reminder to take your units that double Gil gain (e.g. Paul, Pirate Jake, etc.) when Story 4 unlocks. There are no fights but you still get gil. I got 20k gil from Story 3.

psynergyadept

Shinra Employee
Oct 26, 2017
just completed March of the Beasts on my first go! two onions knights made it very manageable.

Edit: got absolute shit from my 10+1 pull....

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
Eternal Winter - Story 4 is unlocked.

1500 Candy Cane cost.

x500 Lapis reward
30k Gil (with Paul in my party)

LucaMac

Oct 29, 2017
[JP] Dissapointed there was no Basch in the new 7* update...trying to decide whether to use my unit of choice tickets on on Wilhelm and something else or two Basch...the wait is killing me. I've King Leo (and Tidus as a rough around the edges evaision tank) but reckon one of those will be the top end. Considering a Noctis even if just for RotL...

Will have 7* CG Fina joining the ranks soon so healer and magic/physical DPS are sorted with 7* Dark Veritas, Tidus, Trance Terra and Luneth (not used yet) so tank and buffer and I'm sorted across the board I think...have enhanced Roy and Lunera so could throw a ticket at 7*ing either or two for CG Nichols when the time comes. So my current (almost) 3 UoC tickets can go for 7* Tank of choice and 7* one of my Bards or 7* Wilhelm and double CG Nichol if he stays the top tier support with 7*...or I could impatiently wait and wait.

Choosing free 5* bases...who knew it would be tormentful...

Meanwhile in global...tediously gathering candy canes repeatedly...

Dyno

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The 500 lapis was enough to get one last multi on the Cloud banner. It's Christmas so surely between my free 10+1 and this I'll get something right? All I need is that second Elfreeda...

But I got the exact results of my 10+1 with 2 dupe golds and trash again. The holiday luck is not with me.

Dandte

Oct 26, 2017
Tried the wicked Moon Trial with

WoL
Mystair
Rikku
Ayaka
TT
Friend TT

I accidentally nuked the Moon into Oblivion and had a white and dark Apostel left at 33% health. Next round my TTs got kidnapped and my WoL was Offscreen from earlier so i quitted the fight. Guess i need to better monitore my damage.

psynergyadept

Shinra Employee
Oct 26, 2017
pretty productive day for me! completed:

Rebirth of the Intangir
Surging Menace
Attack of Antenolla
Attack if the 2-Headed Dragon
Parade of the Possesed
Gilgamesh's Offensive

those goodies really buffed up my team!

tried to get another Elfreeda...not a bad haul.

will two clouds tmr work?

Last edited:

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks everyone. Also good to see some solid pulls on the last pages.

Regarding my last Rainbow pull - i think this was the first time since playing FFBE that i wasnt wishing for any specific unit when i saw the Rainbow pop up. Its weird, in the past i also had a unit in my mind that should appear...but as of right now i seem to be happy with my lineup.

After some time i came to the conclusion that the only unit that could really change things up for me would be Roy (at least until Ramza/Lunera enhancements) and Ace (because he is great in general) But otherwise i dont know ..well maybe Wilhelm too but otherwise im good.
Merry Christmas to me!

Hah - grats im a Onion Bro now too.

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
Had enough lapis for a 10+1 on Cloud's banner, trying for my 2nd Elfreeda.

No joy. However I did get my second Werei and Crowe, so not too bad.

Menchi

Oct 28, 2017
UK
So decided to use up my tickets on FFVII banner, as two Elfreeda would of been nice; After 45 tickets, 5k Lapis, I came out with;

Freyvia
Olive
Duke
Bunch of decent golds too

All 5* were new, but I think Freyvia is the only one worth investing in? Does she need two of her own TMR to be worth or is Enhancer good enough?

Also, I got Freyvia & Olive as back to back Rainbow in the first 15 tickets, then Duke in a 5K pull afterwards. I probably should have stopped there as the 30 tickets afterwards didn't get anything ha

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
After going through the story i got 5000 Lapis and decided to try for Elfreeda again. I didn't get her or any 5* but I DID get Mystea, very excited about that

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
Gumi really being as trolling as possible by putting Gilbert on a second consecutive banner.

Why are they trying to shove this guy down our throats?

CrazyIvan

Oct 26, 2017
Vermont
So I did the daily and pulled Christine. Pretty psyched as she will go great with my Fry. Feeling emboldened, I did one full lapis pull on the Cloud banner in a last ditch effort to land a Cloud.

Came up straight rainbow. Could this be it??? Aaaaaaaaaargh!!!! My 4th Elfreeda. Son of a motherless goat!

Still, I guess the Year of Ivan is still going strong. Back to back rainbows. Here's hoping the ticket on the 28th drops with a unit I want!

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
So, what has everyone done to pass the time in FFBE for the holidays?

I've just done runs for crysts and that's it. This whole thing has been a total bust for me and Gumi actually turned me off a bit with their greed, although I've seen some others reward them for it.

Could have given half NRG events for farming. Could have given some Lapis or tickets that weren't really from Fan Festa and had nothing to do with Christmas.

Instead for Christmas they add bundles so you can give to THEM for Christmas.

Not a good look and honestly I find it to be a bad move. They missed the point of Christmas entirely.

It's also these drop rates for Candy Canes. The rewards are expensive and terrible. To top it off the give us Gilbert to dilute a banner again. :(

But hey, at least I got Tinkerer Carrie. Now if I torture myself and farm Candy Canes I can get her a whopping 15% TM.

Sorry to be so glum for the FFBE holidays, but it's just boring right now. Wish we at least got 1/2 off NRG for quests or something this week.

Last edited:

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
Gumi finally explained how the event works on FB:

1. Collect as many candy canes as you can by playing the Eternal Winter battle dungeon. This will add to the total number of candy canes collected by all players that is shown on the raid bar of the Eternal Winter story mode! There's no need to replay any story level more than once.

2. Once everyone has collected enough candy canes to unlock Eternal Winter - Story 5, this will trigger Phase 2 of the event. From this point, you can gain access to Snow Village where you will challenge the new boss "Giant Gingerbread Man" and get up 50% more candy canes drop.

3. Do note, however, that a separate version of the Giant Gingerbread Man will also be available as a trial boss from December 29th to January 4th. This trial will get you different rewards (not candy canes!), so make sure not to confuse the two.

4. And lastly, there are actually up to 7 levels of story to uncover! So keep collecting your candy canes to see how this Eternal Winter finally ends!

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati

TM farming and farming the Final Fantasy 7 MK event. Bought everything except the Crysts and expensive 6* mats but still sitting on 400k currency. Trying to get to 600k before it ends. As for TM farming should finish 3 Patriotic Recalls, 1 Thirst for Survival and Gladioslkasjfle Shield tomorrow. Wilhelm gonna be happy.

Celegus

Oct 25, 2017
Personally I don't care if the event is garbage (currently? they did say something about better drop rates soon) because busy with family and other stuff so it's been TM'ing away. Totally fine by me!

Also did you miss the 12 days of Christmas giveaway thing? Another 10+1 is awesome!

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
Personally I don't care if the event is garbage (currently? they did say something about better drop rates soon) because busy with family and other stuff so it's been TM'ing away. Totally fine by me!

Also did you miss the 12 days of Christmas giveaway thing? Another 10+1 is awesome!

10+1 is not until more than a week from now.

Yes I know the 5* ticket is coming in 2 days too.

The main issue is that the event is trash, rewards are trash, it's not fun at all and the only thing they have for Christmas itself is opportunity to give money to Gumi.

A normal MK event is infinitely more rewardable than the Christmas event.

Maybe the New Years event will be better? I guess we will see.

norn

Oct 26, 2017

I've just done runs for crysts and that's it. This whole thing has been a total bust for me and Gumi actually turned me off a bit with their greed, although I've seen some others reward them for it.

Could have given half NRG events for farming. Could have given some Lapis or tickets that weren't really from Fan Festa and had nothing to do with Christmas.

Instead for Christmas they add bundles so you can give to THEM for Christmas.

Not a good look and honestly I find it to be a bad move. They missed the point of Christmas entirely.
It's no different than what they did last year (Yuletide Chest) but for one crucial difference: these bundles are all shit and that one wasn't. As Syntsui has said a couple times in the Discord, it's a marketing issue. They want your money, which is why they released the bundles around Christmastime to hoover up errant gift cards... but they fucked up the value. Oh well, better luck next time, Gumi.

As for 'the point of Christmas' (the point of Christmas in these modern times is unrelenting, slavering consumerism, so they're actually spot on) they're giving us 1900 Lapis, another 10+1 ticket, a full set of King Pots and some other stuff, no buy-in required. I'm fine with it.

The holiday event sucks but oh well. Earth Shrine is always open. I've been farming the FFVII event, myself.

Oct 27, 2017

I'm down from 16 million to 12 million Gil due to the recent batch of enhancements and I'm not even done yet. Need to enhance my second Landu and WOL as well. I Finished up Demon Rain for the uber counters. I've been grinding the hell out of chamber of gems for more crysts. Running 2 Xon's with Pods and a Pirate Jake and the heavy and giant crysts has been pouring in.

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
Guys, I know my posts make me sound ungrateful as though I wanted more freebies. I like the freebies.

I really wanted something to make logging in worthwhile and the complete crap event with rewards worse than the FFVII MK that came before it, along with a blatant Christmas money grab just turns me off big time with Gumi and by extension FFBE.

Still hurting from Ramza troll too. Gilbert... :(

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
I'm down from 16 million to 12 million Gil due to the recent batch of enhancements and I'm not even done yet. Need to enhance my second Landu and WOL as well. I Finished up Demon Rain for the uber counters. I've been grinding the hell out of chamber of gems for more crysts. Running 2 Xon's with Pods and a Pirate Jake and the heavy and giant crysts has been pouring in.

Enhancements left me broke entirely. Went from 9m Gil to 800k. Farming same stuff though to hopefully set up when Ramza arrives for Easter.

Going to skip bad events and farm, oh nvm, they think we want Chamber of Crystals. Ugh...

I have so many already that Bahamut and Fenrir were max leveled on Magicites alone. Haven't used a Megacite in months.

Oct 27, 2017
Enhancements left me broke entirely. Went from 9m Gil to 800k. Farming same stuff though to hopefully set up when Ramza arrives for Easter.

Going to skip bad events and farm, oh nvm, they think we want Chamber of Crystals. Ugh...

I have so many already that Bahamut and Fenrir were max leveled on Magicites alone. Haven't used a Megacite in months.

The raid coins as of late haven't been selling for much either so we're not getting as much gil as before. Between enhancements and expeditions it's easy to go broke. Now that I have Adv 5 I just do expeditions for the 140 coins for the moogle.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
If I don't pull an Ayaka trying for WKN on Friday, I think I am going to have to finally enhance Luka. She is the only healer I have worth a shit since I am not going to farm a dualcast at this point for Refia. Just give me a damn Ayaka Gumi. :/

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
Just reading up on the explanation for the event. After story level 5 we will be able to earn 50% more candy canes?

Ugh, that's still not enough to get the rewards from Mog Minister lol, especially when these hard to come by candy canes are also required to see story events.

Lol.

If I want the dress, ticket and 25% of Moogles for Carrie I will need to farm 100k candy canes. What kind of sick joke is this?

I hope something changes and quick. Now that I have Carrie I feel obligated to farm now.

Thank me later everyone. :)

Last edited:

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
I spent all my resources, including some Christmas money (I know), chasing a second Elfreeda.

Ended up with a second Elfreeda, a fourth Cloud, a dupe Roy, Daddiolus (why), and a third Luneth. Plus the 10+1 ticket for Christmas netted me a fourth Olive and Nyx.

Anyway, with TDH in hand and several dupes in the barracks waiting for 7* merges, I'm down to a couple tickets and 1200 lapis on my phone, so I'm going back into hoarding: time to channel my inner Kouriozan.