• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Been busy the last two days so i forgot to login lol....was scared for a second that missed out on the 5* ticket. Gladly i still got it.

I just used it....and as you know i just pulled OK on my multi at the beginning of the week. Well here is what i pulled from the 5* ticket.

ok3tro3.jpg

Thats...good ? lol
Awesome for chaining but i wonder if have to get his TM again after i just maxed the first one.

Also now im wondering ...can 2xOK outdamage DV/Oldmandu ? Ive been using DV/Oldman for a while now and havent really felt the need to change things up. Wonder if its worth to change to OK.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Got Noctis. With Assault Vest, Quick Assault, Elven Gloves, Ring of the Lucii, and Tidus, is that enough for full evade? And is that useful on anything anymore?

Xion

Oct 27, 2017
Holidays were busier than I expected tbh! I'm really close (85%-95%) to grabbing 5 TMs for Wilhelm and GLS so the majority of my NRG has been going to those. That said, I'm getting close to finishing season 1 on the story and am enjoying the lapis coming in. As for trials ... I got cocky going into the beasts so I could grab large sword mastery for Cloud and got wiped 2x in a row (recall it's the reward for no KOs, right?) and I just kinda noped out of those for a bit.

I figure once I have GLS, Wilhelm, and Cloud decked out, I can then level up Loren and give her my leftover best stuff and see if I finally have the horses to clear the rest of these trials. Not especially into cheesing anything. Were you able to get any of the trials done? I know you mentioned trying to do that this week.

That's sounds good, at least you have a plan in place. Yes I did, in fact I did way better than I expected with catching up on content...here is my list with only one task left!

(All rewards)
Realm of the Dragon King [x]
Destroy the Reactor [x]
Wicked Moon [x]
The Fallen Ice Bird [x]
Catch up with latest story content [x]
Obtain Fenrir [x]
Chamber of Arms [x]
The Rumble of Malboro [ ]

Yes!!!! I beat Marlboro Elt.

Congrats! I gave the Trial a go yesterday for practice and I think I have an idea of how it plays out. I was going with Tilith, Warrior of Light, Rikku, Onion Knight, Soleil and friend Onion Knight. Relying on both Onion Knights doing their LB with AoE. I don't have GLS or Trance Terra. I was thinking of trying with swapping out Soleil with a second Rikku to see how that plays out. Also, I was wondering if I should wait a little while as my Onion Knight is at 90% TM, that Onion Sword along with Aigaion Arm might help a bit more. Just need a 10% Moogle...

Beat Wicked Moon ELT with all challenges cleared.

Now only Sheratan remains.

Congrats to you too, I loved the Wicked Moon fight. I found Sheratan a lot easier than Wicked Moon personally as well.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
Did 4 multi pulls 1 of which was the 10+1 they gave us the other day. 4 rainbows. 3rd Roy, 2nd Lunera, 2nd Christine!!! and a WKN! After 2 resource draining pull sessions the last two banners it was nice to get what I wanted pretty quick.

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like a fool for taking nearly 30 turns to beat Gingerbread Man with people having so much ease in here.

I should have checked all my Demon Killer gear and Diabolos was equipped.

Dyno

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Omg!!!!

I spent 300+ pulls going for 2 Elfreeda and a Cloud but my luck only permitted me 2 Cloud and 1 Elf.

Well with today's tickets I got my last 4-5 pulls and on that last one which is a 4* it drops a rainbow.

It couldn't possibly be right? My very last possible pull on this banner... it HAS to be an off banner.

I GOT MY SECOND ELF!

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
Omg!!!!

I spent 300+ pulls going for 2 Elfreeda and a Cloud but my luck only permitted me 2 Cloud and 1 Elf.

Well with today's tickets I got my last 4-5 pulls and on that last one which is a 4* it drops a rainbow.

It couldn't possibly be right? My very last possible pull on this banner... it HAS to be an off banner.

I GOT MY SECOND ELF!

Congrats!

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Congrats! I gave the Trial a go yesterday for practice and I think I have an idea of how it plays out. I was going with Tilith, Warrior of Light, Rikku, Onion Knight, Soleil and friend Onion Knight. Relying on both Onion Knights doing their LB with AoE. I don't have GLS or Trance Terra. I was thinking of trying with swapping out Soleil with a second Rikku to see how that plays out. Also, I was wondering if I should wait a little while as my Onion Knight is at 90% TM, that Onion Sword along with Aigaion Arm might help a bit more. Just need a 10% Moogle...

Thanks.

How did your onion knights do at killing the mini marlboros? Strategy will probably vary depending on whether or not you can wipe out the adds in time with the devour. If I recall there were quite a few double Rikku strats

Did 4 multi pulls 1 of which was the 10+1 they gave us the other day. 4 rainbows. 3rd Roy, 2nd Lunera, 2nd Christine!!! and a WKN! After 2 resource draining pull sessions the last two banners it was nice to get what I wanted pretty quick.

Omg!!!!

I GOT MY SECOND ELF!

Congrats, awesome pulls!

Dandte

Oct 26, 2017
Bought the 8500 lapis deal twice and did another multi hoping for Christine....Fohlen...Dupe...Since Clouds arrival i pulled 10 Rainbows with Cloud being the only one Onbanner....this sucks.

But i guess it's time for a Rainbow update. The last update was from (10-12-2017, 12:18 AM) so roughly 2 1/2 months.

Luneth x2
Randi
Greg
D. Fina
Marie
Aileen x2
Tidus
Ramza
Fryevia
Old Man
Dark Veritas
Prishe (probably the most useless for me atm)

I wish i would finally pull Noctis or Willhelm.

My most wanted units atm are

Ayaka -> Noctis -> Willhelm -> Onion Knight -> Trance Terra -> Emperor

Considering that i got Ayaka, Noctis, Onion Knight and TT in the last Month i guess i could call my lucky.

Update on Old Units

Luneth x3
Randi
Greg
D. Fina x2
Marie x2
Aileen x3
Tidus
Ramza x2
Fryevia
Old Man x2
Dark Veritas
Prishe
------------------------------------
6 more Dupes.

New Rainbows

Trance Terra
Onion Knight
Ayaka
Noctis
Cloud
Elfreeda
Fohlen x2
Merc. Ramza
Knight Delita

-----------------------------------
10 new Rainbow

Total 21 out of 41 permanent Rainbows. 22 out of 54 pernanent and limited Rainbows.

God i hate how i can't get limited Units. They elude me every single time.

Also it feels like that my dupe rate is through the roof.

Zippedpinhead

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
That 4* ticket turned Rainbow!!!!!

Pulled a Kryla!!! I'm hyped, but I guess now I actually need to care about this event for those Moogles?

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
Tickets got me a bunch of old as dirt units outside of William #6 and Tinkerer Carrie #2.

I'm happy with that because I really want that bow someday for Lunera.

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
idk, I feel like they're not worth it at 15k for the 5* unit specific moogles if you TM farm.

Even if the highest level gave us 700 canes each time it would take 21.4(22) runs to hit that; that's 550 energy for a 5% moogle. If I remember, ES is 10% chance to get .1; so 550 energy would be roughly 5.5% to 5 people.

So it seems like it loses out at even advancing just Kryla's tm %; much less accounting for the other 4 people.

norn

Oct 26, 2017
Unless I'm mistaken, Doublehand isn't supposed to stack with Buster Style but maybe that's meaning a second Doublehand only?
You are mistaken, yeah. Doublehand and Buster Style are two separate sources of Equipment ATK+. Doublehand only applies if you're using a 1-handed weapon, but Buster Style applies on 1-handed and 2-handed alike. No bug.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
My 5* ticket ended up being a dupe Fohlen. I guess not too bad in the long run since he's one of the first 7*?

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Got Noctis. With Assault Vest, Quick Assault, Elven Gloves, Ring of the Lucii, and Tidus, is that enough for full evade? And is that useful on anything anymore?

Offhand I don't think that's enough to hit 100%.
Tidus: 30%
Ring: 25%
Quick Assault: 10%
Assault Vest + Elven Gloves: ?? but I'm pretty sure it's not 35%

100% evade is still pretty useful every now and again.

Is Kryla any good? I spent 25k Lapis chasing Christine but got 2 Kryla instead

Not sure, she seems kinda neat; almost like an affliction warlock from WoW or something.

I think the wiki has her rated around a 13. Her hex is pretty interesting, I'm not sure if it's a decent source of damage; she seems like a fairly solid support, wide ranging elemental debuffs and 50% single target breaks, with a unique fixed damage mechanic.

Oct 27, 2017
3 turned Ginger Bread Man, only because TT/Christine take a turn to setup. Didn't have a chance to summon the esper lol. Have to do it again.

PepsimanVsJoe

Oct 26, 2017
I still can't get over how damn ridiculous some of these battles are.
Fought Behemoth at the Roaring Volcano. On the first turn, I do about 80% damage. On his turn, he does a rampage attack that wipes almost everyone in the party. Thanks to her evasion ability, Fryevia was able to finish him off.

Everything goes from 0 to 100 in an instant and it's just...yeesh.

Maybe I'm just getting old.

Last edited:

psynergyadept

Shinra Employee
Oct 26, 2017
that Gingerbread man was n absolute pain in the ass for me...took like 30 turns for me...evey time a got him around ~20%-30% he consumed himself back to half health, hell one time he used a double consume in one turn and nearly brought him back to full health....

however thanks to the 5% moggle a now have 100% for a TMR!! who should I use it on:

Onion Knight
Cloud
Elfreeda
Noctis

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
Gingerbread Man wiped out quickly and all rewards obtained.

Now need 7% more to get a 100% Moogle.

Also any word on New Years events or possible 5* guaranteed banners?

Today is last day for Cloud Banner and I'm contemplating spending 5k of the 7k Lapis I have left to give Elfreeda #2 or Cloud #1 a shot.

c-murph

Oct 26, 2017
Got Cloud on a Daily! Wooooo! Now I'm debating on throwing out my tickets for that 4* with the shin gloves.

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
Gingerbread Man wiped out quickly and all rewards obtained.

Now need 7% more to get a 100% Moogle.

Also any word on New Years events or possible 5* guaranteed banners?

Today is last day for Cloud Banner and I'm contemplating spending 5k of the 7k Lapis I have left to give Elfreeda #2 or Cloud #1 a shot.

I wouldn't count on any guaranteed banners, they haven't said anything about them so it's safe to say they aren't coming. All leaks said something about a 5 star, and we got a 5 star ticket so that's more than likely it.

I still can't get over how damn ridiculous some of these battles are.
Fought Behemoth at the Roaring Volcano. On the first turn, I do about 80% damage. On his turn, he does a rampage attack that wipes almost everyone in the party. Thanks to her evasion ability, Fryevia was able to finish him off.

Everything goes from 0 to 100 in an instant and it's just...yeesh.

Maybe I'm just getting old.

Having a group cover will help out in that fight a lot, happen to have Veritas of Earth / Charlotte / Warrior of Light? It will most likely kill them but will help you fight back, and if you have someone with reraise you can largely just keep sacrificing them.

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
that Gingerbread man was n absolute pain in the ass for me...took like 30 turns for me...evey time a got him around ~20%-30% he consumed himself back to half health, hell one time he used a double consume in one turn and nearly brought him back to full health....

however thanks to the 5% moggle a now have 100% for a TMR!! who should I use it on:

Onion Knight
Cloud
Elfreeda
Noctis

Depends on the units you have, but Noctis TM is god tier.

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
So we likely won't get a special banner, but does anyone know who is likely to come next?

Not even sure why I'm bothering either. I know my 11-pull won't have a rainbow and include old as dirt trash units.

PepsimanVsJoe

Oct 26, 2017
Having a group cover will help out in that fight a lot, happen to have Veritas of Earth / Charlotte / Warrior of Light? It will most likely kill them but will help you fight back, and if you have someone with reraise you can largely just keep sacrificing them.
Interestingly enough, I have all three. I mistakenly snubbed WoL for the Behemoth fight.

psynergyadept

Shinra Employee
Oct 26, 2017
Depends on the units you have, but Noctis TM is god tier.

posted all my units earlier in this thread(not much has changed since then, might have to click the quote beneath to see the images)

I would also like BraveERA's opinion on a ideal squad for me: i've just been debuff, brute force. and healing....a good deal of pics incoming....my go to team is: Loren. Onion Knight, Noctis, Cloud, Ayaka.

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG!!!!

I got Cloud on my 5k pull!

Don't have a image hosting account so can't show, but I did it ERA! Cloud and a Elf now. If I ever Elf #2 I'm golden!

Also got 2 more of Conrad so his TM is complete too!

greyshark

Oct 27, 2017
St. Louis
idk, I feel like they're not worth it at 15k for the 5* unit specific moogles if you TM farm.

Even if the highest level gave us 700 canes each time it would take 21.4(22) runs to hit that; that's 550 energy for a 5% moogle. If I remember, ES is 10% chance to get .1; so 550 energy would be roughly 5.5% to 5 people.

So it seems like it loses out at even advancing just Kryla's tm %; much less accounting for the other 4 people.

The moogles are worth it to me because I still don't macro TM farm - it's much faster to farm the moogle than to manually run ES.

CrazyIvan

Oct 26, 2017
Vermont
Okay.... so I've pretty much bankrupted myself twice... maybe even three times over in chasing Cloud. Got 5 frickin' Elfreedas in the meantime and enough Conrads to get his TM for free. I mean, I got some great rainbows in that chase, so I can't really complain. But still... it was frustrating as hell.

I used all of the tickets this morning and got absolute trash. It was my last ditch effort to get him before the banner goes away. Oh well. I resigned myself to getting him at some point on a random pull next year. But then I remembered the 4* ticket in the Xmas event. Total waste of Canes and NRG, but I had somehow put together 24k of the canes after the gift of 5k in the mail this morning and I just had a good feeling about it. Figured what the hell and used up all my NRG farming the event. Ran out of NRG with one run short of getting 30k. Waited two hours, ran the event, and got the 4* ticket.

This was it. My literal last opportunity to get Cloud.

Came down straight rainbow.
Waited a few minutes to crack it, just knowing that it was going to troll me with my 6th Elfreeda.
Cracked it.

BOOM!!! MOTHEREFFIN' CLOUD!!!

Holy crap!

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
Okay.... so I've pretty much bankrupted myself twice... maybe even three times over in chasing Cloud. Got 5 frickin' Elfreedas in the meantime and enough Conrads to get his TM for free. I mean, I got some great rainbows in that chase, so I can't really complain. But still... it was frustrating as hell.

I used all of the tickets this morning and got absolute trash. It was my last ditch effort to get him before the banner goes away. Oh well. I resigned myself to getting him at some point on a random pull next year. But then I remembered the 4* ticket in the Xmas event. Total waste of Canes and NRG, but I had somehow put together 24k of the canes after the gift of 5k in the mail this morning and I just had a good feeling about it. Figured what the hell and used up all my NRG farming the event. Ran out of NRG with one run short of getting 30k. Waited two hours, ran the event, and got the 4* ticket.

Waited a few minutes to crack it, just knowing that it was going to troll me with my 6th Elfreeda.
Cracked it.

Holy crap!

BOOM! High-five!

Congrats fellow new Cloud owner.

Oct 27, 2017

Cracked it.

Holy crap!

The desire sensor couldn't be more real. Congrats Ivan!

psynergyadept

Shinra Employee
Oct 26, 2017
with all this newfound luck I though I'd take my chance with a 5k pull for that 2nd Elfreeda...two rainbows in the mist!!!!

...a Nyx and a 2nd Veritas of the Flame....

Damn it Euphoria and CraztIvan!!! you used up all the ffbe ERA luck!!!

congrats though!

CrazyIvan

Oct 26, 2017
Vermont
Thanks everyone!
Still super psyched.

I have 233% trust moogles saved up, so I can get both of Elfreeda's gloves right away. I already have Conrad's TM. So the only thing I'm missing is Cloud's. But I'm also going to get his LB leveled up to 20 before awakening him, so I have plenty of time to really work on him. I'm finally ahead of the meta curve for once!

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
Now to take my morning of joy and turn it into a morning of disappointment.

Cloud w/ Revolving Saw. His TM increases damage, but normal Double Hand does nothing?

Oct 27, 2017
Ok I give up guys. Triple fucking rainbows on a single multi pull, NOT ONE ON BANNER UNIT?!?!?!?! I am no longer dolphin but f2p. Fuck this. Fuck Gumi. Fuck their rates, this is madness.

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
Ok I give up guys. Triple fucking rainbows on a single multi pull, NOT ONE ON BANNER UNIT?!?!?!?! I am no longer dolphin but f2p. Fuck this. Fuck Gumi. Fuck their rates, this is madness.

Were the rainbows good TMs at least?

I would love a triple rainbow pull.

As for banner rates, I've made my opinion on them well know yesterday. I'm still shocked I got Cloud after all the disappointment I went through over the last two weeks.

norn

Oct 26, 2017
Now to take my morning kid joy and turn it into a morning of disappointment.

Cloud w/ Revolving Saw. His TM increases damage, but normal Double Hand does nothing?
Doublehand (Bartz's TM) works on 1-handed weapons.
Buster Style (Cloud's TM) works on 1-handed weapons and 2-handed weapons.

Revolving Saw is a 2-handed weapon. Cloud's TM will be active, Bartz's TM will not. If you equip him with a 1-handed weapon, both will be active.