• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Oh Gumi, so they decided to give back the wrong compensations to all players after all, why all this pain and suffering then.
They should have did that literally the same week it happened, when it was obvious they could not rollback.

Also there's a livestream coming up with new BF unit so they'd want more people to play, haha.

Last edited:

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
New Xenogears event in JP, Hikari will be happy about this https://redd.it/17y1ukw

I am very happy! But I have to admit getting Maria as the NV+ unit is kind of weird. She did get a recent play arts figurine a few months ago though but I would have honestly expected a new Xenogears NV villain over this. Here's hoping there is a part 2 to this event in JPN as it is a vision world event.

Im super glad Grahf is getting upgraded and a new NV Bart is pretty cool too. He wouldn't have been my first choice for a new unit but still. I really hope Elly is going to get upgraded. She needs it.

Im very excited but I wish we got Myyah as a new unit. Will be looking at their kits to see what they can do and I hope Bart's Brigandier is good and Maria's Seibzehn!

I believe it is TIME TO SAVE. Might even have to skip NV + Dark Fina now. Anything for Xenogears.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Crazy we're getting a new story event, it's when Hyoh joined the Order and also probably the very last one to be translated because comes January everything will be Engish only.
Anyway I got one Hyoh in 10 tickets and will wait to see if he's really worth it to pull more.

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
Spammed tix and got both units and threw them in the frag dungeon. Doubt I'll get them to EX1 let alone EX2 for a long time but I'm fine waiting given it was simply tickets.

Would normally be tempted to go do the 28k VC banner for one copy of the VC but the 30k banner that guarantees random NVs every step gives fragment tokens for some pretty recent units and the Unit of choice ticket it grants at the end can be used for 50x Hyoh or Frost Lord fragments.

However.....Gumi didn't deploy the 20k lapis re-compensation they mugged from me after shoving it into my hands. So the saving continues, especially since I'm somewhat interested in Locke and Ramza/Agrias.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Next new Xenogears units in JP are NV+ Fei and Emeralda.
Here we get FF V / VI banner with the IV event (and the actual IV NVA skipped). Anyway this week we gotta get the compensation as iirc next one will be the last for the Anniversary Replica Lapis shop (Reminder if you still got some)

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Next new Xenogears units in JP are NV+ Fei and Emeralda.
Here we get FF V / VI banner with the IV event (and the actual IV NVA skipped). Anyway this week we gotta get the compensation as iirc next one will be the last for the Anniversary Replica Lapis shop (Reminder if you still got some)

Can't believe I missed friggin Grahf lol Do we know what the next banner characters are?

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Oh my god wow is that Adult Emeralda as a unit from the Xenogears ending? I can't believe they remembered she existed and is canon. For those that don't know, you can make Emeralda an adult by doing her sidequest but regardless if you do it or not she still appears as an adult in the ending. I am so incredibly excited about this part 2! Elly and Citan NV crowns coming as well. Knowing gumi though they will be skipped on global in favour of more glex garbage.

NV+ Fei… also yep time to save. I only have 10k lapis at the moment but with the compensation we are all getting, that will surely increase. I'm 100% skipping premium Dark Fina NV+ though because of the rates are as bad as I heard, I surely will only have enough lapis for one of these….

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Can't believe I missed friggin Grahf lol Do we know what the next banner characters are?
Grahf will come back in Global in around 6 months when we do get the Xenogears event, for upcoming units you can look at the update schedule there : https://exvius.fandom.com/wiki/Update_Schedule#Season_4

We are around June 12th of the Japanese schedule right now, so you can go up from there and see what's coming on (Sans GL exclusives), next regular one should be the Rydia / Setzer then Tactics.

Oct 25, 2017
Grahf will come back in Global in around 6 months when we do get the Xenogears event, for upcoming units you can look at the update schedule there : https://exvius.fandom.com/wiki/Update_Schedule#Season_4

We are around June 12th of the Japanese schedule right now, so you can go up from there and see what's coming on (Sans GL exclusives), next regular one should be the Rydia / Setzer then Tactics.

I see.

I'm still gonna seek out and max Exdeath and the Emperor btw, even if they are a outdated messes lmao

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't worry yet, they're already cutting budget with the removal of additional translations so it got time left, they probably want some whaling for the upcoming NV+ era and Anniversary, DFFOO was stuck on the same power curve for 2 years with no signs of more powercreep to come and the GL version was carrying the lack of the JP one revenue there.

EDIT : You have 2 days to use the first replica lapis shop, there's also the other "players choice" replica lapis shop that close next week.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
FF Tactics this week and we finally get the compensation during maintenance, this sure took a while.
Video summon was also supposed to be limited but we get one more month of it, I'm sure this brings Gumi some good money.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I'm pretty excited about what I hear about the new Xenogears units in JPN. NV+ Fei seems like a new level of powercreep which makes me happy and Elly's upgrades are huge. Citan got the shaft on his crowns. I'm saving lapis until it hits in global if we even make it before EoS that is. I wasn't expecting such a huge upgrade after NV Bart turned out just okay according to reviews I watched so it's a nice surprise.

I did manage to get Frostlord via 3* tickets. He should almost be ex 1 soon. I'm shoving him in the dungeon.

Edit: global might skip Elly's crowns though I imagine…. Ugh just like they did for Id. Her crowns are really good cause her LB now buffs a multitude of elements and not just wind by 50% which means she's relevant again and she got some actual damage.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
It's over, they stopped the translation of the news, big F.
I wonder if they'll keep the game this way, meaning news stuff is English only while menu and old content is translated, or they'll force everyone to have only English next app update.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I think it's fair to assume EoS is really not that far off anymore tbh. They're winding down on costs and I'd guess it's because the game is headed towards no longer being profitable. They've had a dwindling playerbase for a long time but their chain of recent fuck ups hasn't helped at all.

Given the lack of translations is only going to hasten the process I'll be very surprised if the servers are up this time next year

MMBosstones86

Oct 25, 2017
I stopped playing this game a while ago, but still following the thread. Will be a real shame if/when this one folds. It amazes me that an IP as big as Final Fantasy won't have a mobile game after Mobius, Record Keeper, Dissidia, and this one have all folded.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
That new Yuna in JPN has a terrible sprite. It's literally the same as the old one but she's holding her staff upwards… wow she's not even NV+ either so I can't even get excited. CGI Jecht is whatever too.

Also, wow I watched Deus gaming (he's a diehard Xenogears fan like me) and after 80k + lapis he only got the one copy pity of the NV+ Fei. That's really disgustingly bad rates. NV+ really is going to send this to EoS at this point. I just hope it lives long enough that I can have fun one last time with the new Xenogears units. I'll be saving until that day and quitting if I don't get the units.

Unrelated but I pulled two premium Lightning today (one off the video summon and then one off the 40 video summon green nv tickets) she's extremely close to ex 3 now.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
More and more on iOS I get those new ads that freeze at the end so you can't close them, you can't even click "get" so they're missing precious installs, you have to reboot the whole game, it still count but it's a major waste of time. I'm starting to get really pissed about it.
Oh and I have a 2022 iPad with latest iOS, I'm sure older devices/firmware doesn't have this issue.
Other notable mention, those damn Genshin Impact ads where the video completely freeze at 8 sec left and there you don't get the reward, and it's always Genshin Impact that does it.

Last edited:

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
Ive had some ads where the x to close is like invisible for two taps or some crap. Best ads I was getting was some 15 second "TV commercial" kind of ad a out some charity organization. But that was awhile ago.

Really hope an Xmas unit of some kind is upon us. Hoping beyond hope it's Behemy in a Santa hat or at least a Lucas NVA.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
New app update released.
Feature/adjustment :
Removal of Spanish, Korean, French, German.

Wow thanks Gumi, nice feature there lmao.
Unsure if I'll keep playing for long anymore, this will all depend on what Gumi will offer and do short term I guess.

Edit : game still got the translated menu, I guess any new install or update to an element of it would be English only now.
Example
KUBMb4m.png

Last edited:

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, that's pretty rough. Least they didn't do the equivalent of pulling out the copper wire while nuking their translations that are already in there.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Now that the boring end of year + 3 weeks long FF XV event is over (why they felt the need to drag it another week) it's time for the new CoW.
And Clash of Whales for sure it is, after the new features they're adding to it, with the new ability type and focus gems.

Gumi should be careful to not drive whales away with stuff like this, NV+ is coming pretty soon after all.

Edit : after today's update, the game is now full English only, I'm very very close to just uninstalling it, maybe I'll do it at the same time as DFFOO ending, next month.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
There was an issue with today CoW so they kept it closed.
So now we have a full week of absolutely nothing new to do? This is a running gag at this point haha.
Happy Chinese New Year I guess, remember when we had the explorations or just any events.

EDIT : they added it after a day, kinda a miracle we didn't have to wait a full week haha

Last edited:

Whales

Oct 25, 2017
This thread getting bumped bring back memories. havent played in a long time . every time I launch the game all the nee systems and NV are too confusing and I just close it again.

Really regret whaling in this tbh lol

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
This thread getting bumped bring back memories. havent played in a long time . every time I launch the game all the nee systems and NV are too confusing and I just close it again.

Really regret whaling in this tbh lol
This game won't last long anymore, they are focusing on Clash of Whales while the more casual have nothing else to do, they removed multiple translations, giving us multiple break/weird weeks like spliting a banner in 2 but the second week you got no event to go with it and doing a lot of skip from the Japanese schedule, either units or events or both.
Also the community (here/Reddit/etc) even more dead than DFFOO and that one is shutting down in 2 weeks.

Bad decisions all around, and Square Enix wonder why their mobile games bring back awful financial results.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like I won the game, I guess paid Lapis cap should be higher.

3kjtTr0.jpeg

Still waiting on NV+, and I hope Alim will have something interesting on the JP version for me to look forward.
I think last time I used Lapis to pull was Black Flame Knight Raegen ? Otherwise Panthera Hyoh and Maduin Taivas was tickets.
Also, claiming daily quests still work, thankfully.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, speaking of NV+, we are getting its first story event this week, which means NV+ are coming next week since we also get a special livestream just before as well.
It also means FMA probably get skipped, too, suck for those who waited for it.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
So now that NV + is here….. kinda

My hoard for Xenogears NV + is currently 110K+ lapis, 300 summon tickets, and a bunch of ex tickets. It's been awhile since I posted here but yup I'm still hoarding!

Gumi cruely changed the 5* animation too so I thought I got 10+ NV on this weekly… lmao it looks super much like the NV crystals now.

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
Yea the red is super close to the NV crystals lol. Have to look for the Mountain Dew gamer fuel lightning around the crystals now.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
FF16_Slides_03-22-24_Collabs_002.jpg
FFXVI collab just announced on the FFXVI Rising Tide stream. Somehow this game gets to live longer, lol. I'll only care if there are more units than just Clive though.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
About time I would say, haha.
Noctis came on Global the month of the game's release, I remember because that was the first and last time I bought lapis for him.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Finally a banner I'm interested in, Chaos Bismarck *look at news*
Where the fuck he is, don't tell me Gumi is a that banner again, damn the state of this game feels like a very slow and painful death.
This mean will we get yet another dead week with barely anything to do…

You can feel the big drop in content since they fired the localization teams late last year, December was the last good month since then we kept getting split banner and content that drag on starting with FF XV in January so they surely fired more than just the people who were translating the game.
If you need more proof, someone on Reddit did list all the weekly drop to compare.

Last edited:

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Here's hoping I can get a copy of Dark Fina Esper of Destruction by video summons like I got NV+ Lasswell and NV+ Zyrus already. I really want her but I don't want to risk pulling anything before Xenogears or using my tickets. I'll be buying her shards though.

And yeah where is chaos Bismarck? He's supposed to be the best breaker and dark support and he's weirdly missing. Maybe next week?

My current Xenogears hoard is 130000+ lapis and near 400 tickets.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
And yeah where is chaos Bismarck? He's supposed to be the best breaker and dark support and he's weirdly missing. Maybe next week?
Most likely.
I'm trying to build a Dark NV+ team just like I did with Dioxus and Black Flame Raegen, even though Bismarck is not NV+
I've read the most important part is getting that +1000% of one element Leader Skill anyway.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
How long until we see Xenogears in global? I know everyone is saying to save for the new Rebirth Cloud and Tifa but honestly... still gonna splurge on Xenogears because it might be the last time I can have fun with the game. I have 140k lapis now or so.

Also what's with the ridiculous 350k point requirement for the new event? 150k was a lot... but now I think they are trying to kill the game. I wonder if global even survives until the FFXVI collab at this rate..... but yes i'm still waiting patiently for XG.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
About 6/8 weeks till Xenogears I would say, so early June would be a safe bet. Game surely won't shutdown before the end of Anniversary at worst.
And yeah 350k pts is insane, this is pretty much the only grinding event for the whole month, too, haha.

Edit : this week is a dead one as expected and still no Chaos Bismarck, but a WotV unit you get through crest and no associated event.

Last edited:

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Xenogears got confirmed for April 25th. That's earlier than I expected. I'm worried upgrades will be skipped. The game seems to be rushing and skipping everything to get to NV+ Cloud for one last money grab. Well, I'll be excited for Xenogears… at least I know it's coming. I hope I can get minimum EX2 of all 3 units lol.

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
Xenogears got confirmed for April 25th. That's earlier than I expected. I'm worried upgrades will be skipped. The game seems to be rushing and skipping everything to get to NV+ Cloud for one last money grab. Well, I'll be excited for Xenogears… at least I know it's coming. I hope I can get minimum EX2 of all 3 units lol.
Good Luck! It's even more brutal rates for NV+, right? I took a break for a while but came back to catch up on story which I still enjoy, and did the latest CoW. Xenogears a GOAT.

So Cloud is going to be a broken meta shifter then? Or is it just because it's Cloud? If he is, any other insane units everyone is saving for? Last I paid attention, it was about building up NV+ teams by the element and I remember Fei being a nice piece for dark element I think it was. Don't think we have many NV+ units yet, right? Noticed the latest banner wasn't one.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Looked for new Cloud and wow he's so far away, but Global will bring Clive this summer so yeah there might be some rushed banner for the anniversary.
And yeah basically early NV+ is pick up a +1000% element Leader Skill and build a team around them, popular choice is Water or Dark iirc.

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit another new banner week but no event to go with it, it's been happening a lot lately isn't it 💀
Worse is that it is a collab week... My prediction of Square Enix pulling the plug right after the anniversary seems stronger by the days.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Holy shit another new banner week but no event to go with it, it's been happening a lot lately isn't it 💀
Worse is that it is a collab week... My prediction of Square Enix pulling the plug right after the anniversary seems stronger by the days.

It's looking extremely likely that I will quit in the next few weeks. The news with no Xenogears content … not even the raid or vision world only proves that this game is dying and at the end. I'll wait it out a bit to see if we get them next week or two but yeah I'm just gonna spend my lapis…. enjoy the units for a bit and then quit if that's what they want.

Bart getting an upgrade is nice but it's pointless when there is nothing to use him on… lolllll can't wait to see how bad they do Emeralda and Fei next week since those are the stronger ones. No crown upgrades for Elly and Citan also kills my interest so much. Elly with her crowns was amazing in JPN…..