demondance

Oct 27, 2017
yeah, true...man, how hard is it.
See saga remakes.
See the PSP remakes.
See Dragon Quest 3 HD-2D remake
See Mana Collection
See Trials of Mana remake

all of them, better then what they are doing with FF, the biggest series of them all. Just...how...

It's incredibly weird. Especially considering how much their new games will reference back to these old games in one way or another. Even FFVII, the one game in the series they regularly go back to for new games in the setting, got a really careless new port. No new script, tons of problems pasting the prerendered backgrounds in...

Screenshots from trailer
OP
OP
Wrexis

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
I was able to screenshot some of the games from the 4K trailer. Best I can do for now.

m29uq7u.jpg

AtjwNvp.jpg

zGbps2v.jpg

lia45YH.jpg

Deleted member 12867

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There is not a chance that we get free upgrades if we already bought these games right. I'm in for 1 and 2 on Steam. Don't think I'm going to buy the rest again. I'm so sick of buying them.

Belthazar90

Banned
Jun 3, 2019
It's incredibly weird. Especially considering how much their new games will reference back to these old games in one way or another. Even FFVII, the one game in the series they regularly go back to for new games in the setting, got a really careless new port. No new script, tons of problems pasting the prerendered backgrounds in...

Yeah, the way they treat their biggest franchise's legacy is kinda baffling to me.

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim
I'm excited to see what FF3 is. I'm still mad 20 years later that I bought a Wonderswan Color and never was able to get FF3 (we got FF4 instead, because of course FF4 came out for Wonderswan)
You can see an Onion Knight sprite in some of the screens. Just have to know if they're localizing or not. They probably are, but you never know.

Zaiven

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 12, 2019
Looking at those sprites for Locke and Terra in the trailer, they are definitely less-detailed than the sprites of the original game. WHY???? Just use what you already have that looks great!!!!!
FF6 is probably being downgraded to match the styles of the other 5. And everything's being downgraded from the PSP graphics.

GlacialTruffle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
There is not a chance that we get free upgrades if we already bought these games right. I'm in for 1 and 2 on Steam. Don't think I'm going to buy the rest again. I'm so sick of buying them.
I think there's a decent chance, with the exception of 3 and 4. 3 and 4 got renamed to "3D Remake" or something, but the 2D games didn't change titles. Chrono Trigger got ugraded to that awful HD version. FF Tactics got updated in general.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017

IMO wouldn't be the weirdest thing in the world if they did it for FFV and VI steam/mobile. there will be virtually no reason to own or play those versions anymore

still not counting on it, but seems like the existence of these remasters is an acknowledgement they f'd up

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
My bare minimum expectation was that the games would come to consoles, however basic of an upgrade they ended up getting... I would've thought that'd be their main reason for doing this, but what do I know apparently.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Are they SERIOUSLY unifying everything to FFIV SNES levels!? And not to the PSP FF1/2/4 levels!? SERIOUSLY?

Euphoria

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Earth
Being Steam/Mobile makes me wonder if they will just replace my existing FFVI I bought on iOS.

I hope so.

Also happy that this is on mobile. It's actually sad how quickly threads go downhill because of the mention of "Mobile". Absolutely nothing wrong with gaming on a phone or tablet.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Are they SERIOUSLY unifying everything to FFIV SNES levels!? And not to the PSP FF1/2/4 levels!? SERIOUSLY?

I'm actually okay with this, myself. If this is an attempt to create a baseline/definitive remaster, that's a good spot to place them at.

The real question is what art are they using for FF5 and FF6. You can't see them in the trailer.

CrunchyFrog

Oct 28, 2017
"Pixel Remaster" aka "We're sorry we're sorry we know we're garbage fuck we'll get it right THIS time we promise okay"

Khrol

Oct 28, 2017
Hope this gets announced for Switch on Tuesday. I'll buy all of them on Steam without hesitation but I really need these on my Switch.