Oct 25, 2017
Dr Mog's HA is legitimately bad and I'm saying this while having found a use for everything from Ignis HA to Rikku HA1 lmao

Yeah, it really does look bad. I'm glad I can skip it no worries. 106 HA's made, I have a few regrets, no need to add to another for essentially a dead end character. Maybe magic water but I'm way too stacked there for him to make the team.

Love this influx of motes in advance of the lab update with new nodes to unlock.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
In retrospect, I think Core DK is actually easier than Core DB.

I know this was said about VII DK (VII DK is still less obnoxious than VII DB), but I think it more applies to Core, LOL. Core DB was the last one added and it was actually one of the harder ones: Tankiest of the DBs, obnoxious statuses and countered the realm's main strengths (i.e. anti-mage). Core DK is the last and has either the lowest damage reduction or second lowest (only DK other than II where HC can break King's Rage), doesn't counter the realm's strong mages and, of course, doesn't use Sphere Ray since the last 5 DKs stopped using that awful move.

Oh, and yes: Dr. Mog HA is terrible. Avoid.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
X DK is a simpler fight than X DB definitely. BUt the difficulty of those fights is is much more tech dependent than average, so even if I agree than X DK is easier than X DB, the degree is very slight.

X DB falls over if you can a) avoid water and b) avoid physical. X DK doesn't have an easy mode path to victory. Though yes, if you have to use physical water, it's the worst DB definitely.

X DK doesn't have the bullshit status ailments than X DB does. It penalises water, but not physical on the whole. On the other hand, X DK, even without DEF buffs, is obnoxiously tanky in phase 2 and phase 3, among the worst of the DKs (X phase 2 is second worst behind the all-time awful leader XI, in fact), and has a ridiculous 7 attack requirement to break King's Rage. At least it "only" has 5 million HP, but it's still deceptively hard.

Last edited:

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Core bahamut was easier than Shadowsmith.

Well, was easier than Shadowsmith at release at least.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
I'm about to break my phone over this stupid fucking xi DK. Dena can fuck right off for this thing.

Worlds only realm without last stand on the healer? CHECK. Black hole? CHECK No one in realm that can boost magic or crit? CHECK A realm healer that just fucking sucks ass all around? CHECK!

Oct 25, 2017
Heh. Indeed. No zeid sync in the dream list so I have all syncs and aasbs except for aphmaus sync. Guess I'll be throwing tickets at the refresh, if shans dyad is in the mix that would be helpful as well as a few other newer pieces.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Think I'm going to have to revise my DK rankings. Core is probably the easiest of them all.

I sub-30'd Core DK with alt earlier, now it's main's turn. This is my most poverty sub-30 yet.

AAUal-AAC3Xe.jpg

Core D650 Dragonking mastered in 29.60

Mog (QC LMR+LM2):
R5 HA, R5 Passion Salsa / DMT / AASB1, AASB2 x2
Dr. Mog (LM2+Trance LMR): R5 Luna Leviathan, R5 Chain Waterja / Water DMG+ / USB, Sync, AOSB4 (Bug Hunter)
Elarra (LM2+LMR): R5 Holyja, R5 ACM / MM / Glint+, USB1, Sync 1
Enna Kros (DC LMR+LM2): R5 HA, R5 Chain Stoneja / Earth DMG+ / Glint+, USB, Dyad
Wedge (LM1+LM2): R5 HA, R5 Chain Tornado / Scholar's Boon / USB, Sync, LBO

RW: HIstoria Chain 2
L120 HC

Rough plan:

Mog: AASB2, Passion Salsa, HA spam until phase 2, AASB1, Passion Salsa, HA spam until phase 3, AASB2, PAssion Salsa, HA spam

Dr. Mog: Chain Waterja spam until 2 gauges, USB, Chain Waterja until phase 2, HC, Sync, SCMD1 spam, AOSB when available, SCMD1

Elarra: Glint+, HC, ACM, Holyja x2 -> ACM until phase 2, USB1, Holyja, Sync, SCMD2, SCMD1 spam, USB1 in phase 3, SCMD2, SCMD1 spam

Enna: RW, Glint+, Chain Stoneja spam until phase 2, Dyad, USB, HA spam, Dyad finisher when available

Wedge: HA, Chaine Tornado until 2 gauges, USB, HA / Chain Tornado until phase 2, RW, Sync, SCMD1 spam until phase 3, LBO after 25 seconds, SCMD1

I initially thought I was one proper DPS short for this fight, but when I faced it on alt, it felt really easy. Mainly because the damage reduction is so low. So after sub-3oing it on alt, I felt I had a real chance on main even though my Dr. Mog isn't great and my Enna only has Dyad. I lensed her USB (I got her DC LMR eons ago from somewhere, likely the daily) and decided to save her Dyad -> USB for phase 2, and used Wedge USB and Dr. Mog AASB1 to push phase 1. The worked - I got to phase 2 around 15 seconds. Good timing for a sub-30!

However, I made mistakes and phase 3 took long. I still won, but my chain ran out and I had to start another one. I broke King's Rage right before Megaflare and carried on to the end without issue, finishing in around 37.10.

I knew I could do better if I tightened up my phase 2 turns. Plus, the DK nodes and DK armour would help. I had to go out, and after dinner, set up the run back.

This time, though I decided to try and use Dr. Mog USB in phase 1 instead of his AASB, and I was thinking about maybe using Sync + AASB and using Lunar Leviathan as a rage breaker. As it is, I got to phase 2 in 14 seconds, which was not enough time for Dr. Mog to have enough gauge for Sync + AASB after using his USB in phase 1, so I just went with Sync. It was good enough. Got to phase 3 in 23.50. A dualcast of Dr. Mog SCMD1, Wedge LBO (which capped), Enna Dyad finisher (which did not, but still did 17K x20+99999), and a timely HC follow-up to break King's Rage. Chain ran out at 29 seconds with 0.7% HP left, but MOg's turn had a Fevered Rhapsody, which was enough to make Dr. Mog SCMD1 finish the job.

More proof that Dr. Mog USB is better than his AASB, LOL.

So, uh, I guess I don't have to pull on the Core banner any more, nor toss tickets at Core post-refresh. Sorry Biggs and Wedge, maybe some other time.

That's 16/18 DKs sub-30. Still stuck on III (33 seconds currently; I either lens Ingus AASB and go full physical or go with super RNG, neither of which is appealing) and XI (currently over 40 seconds; could likely get this down to sub40, but what's the point?).

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Re Alexander lab
Mag should be a romp
Ultimecia daasb dark sync aasb1/2 and using both wcast lmrs
Cod csb sync aasb1/2
Kefka dyad sync aasb1/2

Thinking cod with ace striker is the way to go with her hero ability.

Phys
Seifer dyad csb aasb
Zeid dyad aasb
Seph sync aasb?
Ardyn sync aasb lbo?
Gaff sync aasb?

Lots of combos there not sure what the best will be

Oct 25, 2017
Hey Devotion 2500!
OMG 2 new Discos, one a mog ball, an actual good draw?1?
Alphinaud wind sync new
Gaffgarion usb new

Wait, Alphinaud has 2 wind syncs? I think I got the lesser-Child of the Dawn. Oh well, free is free.

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
it's very mysterious that i got FF1 sub30 right after dream selects and i'm currently doing research into how this weird coincidence could have happened

also FF11 sub30 right after ticket refresh, so DKs are 100% done lol

so bizzare!

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Did ten pulls on refreshed XI realm banner looking for Zeid tech. Didn't get his Sync, but I got Prishe Sync. That, plus finally using MOg SYnc properly, got me sub-30 on the most awful of DKs:

AAUal-AAC4aK.jpg

XI D650 Dragonking mastered in 27.15

Mog (QC LMR+LM2):
R5 HA, R5 Passion Salsa / MM / Sync, AASb2x2
Aphmau (LM1+AoE Heal LMR): R5 Holya, R5 Curada / DMT / Glint+, USB1
Shantotto (Mag Up LMR+LM1): R5 HA, R5 Chain Thundaja / Lightning DMG+ / Dyad, Sync, AASB
Prishe (LM1+LM2): R5 HA, R3 Meteor Crush / Fist DMG+ / Sync, AASB
Lion (LM1+LM2): R5 HA, R5 Aqua Weakness / Scholar's Boon / Sync, AASB

RW: Historia Chain 2
L120 HC

Rough plan:

Mog: AASB2, Passion Salsa, HA spam until phase 2, HA to cover healing, SYnc, C1 x2, AASB2 on phase 3 transition, C1, HA spam

Aphmau: Glint+, HC, Holyja USB1 after Blackhole, Holyja spam until phase 2, RW, USB1, Holyja spam, USB1 when available

Shantotto: RW, Chain Thundaja until 2 gauges, AASB, HA spam until phase 3, Dyad, Sync, HA spam until AASB wears off, SCMD1 spam

Prishe: HA, Meteor Crush, HA spam until around 12 seconds, Meteor Crush, HA spam, HC to push phase 2, AASB, Sync, HA spam

Lion: HA x2, Aqua Weakness spam until 2 gauges, AASB, HA spam until phase 2, Sync, SCMD2, HA spam until AASb wears off, SCMD1 spam

So I severely underestimated Prishe. At first I was underwhelmed by the fact that her SYnc only boosted her own critical chance, and only for 3 turns (though C2 would give +2 more turns). Her Sync also boosts party critical damage, which I found to be useless in a realm that has no critfix (Ayame can critfix herself partially at least, but still). BUt I figured I'd give it a try, and damn did she perform! Once I got AASB -> Sync up, she never not hit 2999 per hit on HA. Her Prismatic chase also broke rage, which was nice. She went from extremely underwhelming in my original clear, only hitting 13K on critical hits from phase 2 onwards, otherwise only managing 8K (though I do believe that clear was done before I got Prishe HE).

But Shantotto was arguably even more impressive, thanks to me finally using Mog Sync properly. I dropped Mog SYnc in phase 2, and did C1 spam so 'Totto could do as much damage as possible to get out of phase 2 faster. With Dyad -> Sync up, and AASB still in effect, + 70% boost from Mog and 30% boost from Prishe, 'Totto was hitting 33K per hit on HA. She and Prishe blew up DK phase 2 in 3 turns.

Previously, phase 2 was utterly maddening to deal with because only Lion was doing damage reliably at that point (and she was still reliable here) - now with all 3 DPS firing on all cylinders, the fight became academic. They took out King's Rage in one turn, and wiped out his HP in maybe 3 turns total. Absolutely satisfying after the 7.5 hour stretch of hell I had when I cleared the first time.

THat's 17/18 DK sub-30s, with all the awful ones out of the way. Just III left, which is currently at 33 seconds. Dunno if I wanna try to RNG it out or toss (more) tickets at III realm. I'll see...

Last edited:

Full Nines

Apr 10, 2018
Can't believe I managed to actually beat a Labyrinth boss (Kraken). On my dry run, too! Is he considered one of the easier ones? I would think my fire team arguably has more firepower, but Snow Giant seemed a lot tougher.

And Salamander? What the fuck. Took me several tries just to claw my way to 70% and then wiped at 39.9%. F that, time to wait for 10th Anniversary powercreep! Seriously, though, water might be my weakest element at the moment.

Least I got the mythril/tickets and can just go back to Argent Odin/DBs now.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Can't believe I managed to actually beat a Labyrinth boss (Kraken). On my dry run, too! Is he considered one of the easier ones? I would think my fire team arguably has more firepower, but Snow Giant seemed a lot tougher.

And Salamander? What the fuck. Took me several tries just to claw my way to 70% and then wiped at 39.9%. F that, time to wait for 10th Anniversary powercreep! Seriously, though, water might be my weakest element at the moment.

Least I got the mythril/tickets and can just go back to Argent Odin/DBs now.

Kraken wasn't too bad for me.

Physical salamander has an unreal amount of defense where my peeps barely claw above 9999 with boosts and a max chain.

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
I'm about to break my phone over this stupid fucking xi DK. Dena can fuck right off for this thing.

Worlds only realm without last stand on the healer? CHECK. Black hole? CHECK No one in realm that can boost magic or crit? CHECK A realm healer that just fucking sucks ass all around? CHECK!

www.youtube.com

[FFRK EN] "FFXI Edition" Wait Mode Dragonking sub30 cookie-cutter strat

Full Playlist/End of Service thoughts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHim6AighbU&list=PLrUTnCWBLN4RnxHeTbKESmZwI9droZBLa&index=1While there still IS a gear...

in case it helps

Aphmau timings-
AASB after Black Hole (save ATB for it)
USB after Challenging Roar, since AASB chases + offrealm should be able to keep people up, along with chain refresh DR
USB again for P3 IC

Mog will have a far easier time than Orran here if going Shantotto, since Orran scrapes by with a 3k stock per turn and then falls off in the second part of the fight healingwise. In fact using Mog instead would make it comfy for no Aphmau relics at all outside of USB since they really don't offer much

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Falk:

Aphmau AASB after Black Hole? I thought the best use of Aphmau AASB was to use it before Black Hole so the Shield could block it entirely.

Full Nines:

Kraken is the easiest Labyrinth boss to date.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
re: Dark lab banner 1

0 dupes and I have some level of tech for these characters. Physical needs the upgrade more than magic.

2/11 - Cloud AASb2, D.Cecil SYnc 2
1/11 - Seifer AASB2
1/11 - Cloud AASB2 (dupe, Rank 3)
2/11 - Seifer ASSB2 (dupe, Rank 3), Seifer DAASB

Lousy quantity. Only 4 new relics after 4 pulls. But at least three of them were good ones. Was only planning to do 3 pulls, but did one more since I didn't spend on Core banner.

Seifer is my physical gen 2 dark chain and I haven't had anything especially good for him since getting his chain on release back in June Fest 2018, so now he has real staying power. I can finally use him again, after swapping him out for Garland Unique/CSB in the last three physical dark fights (Omegas and AOdin).

I had D.Cecil AASB. Can lens his USBm and with his Sync he's ready to rock. Not stupidly OP with DAASB but this will do.

Scar

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Title Town
Was trying to get Golbez' DASB to go with his Sync and ended up with D.Cecil's DAASB. I had nothing for this man, so I gets I'll grab some things from the lens lab to beef him up. I think he will replace Riku in my Dark party once he is geared and Magia farmed enough.

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
Aphmau AASB after Black Hole? I thought the best use of Aphmau AASB was to use it before Black Hole so the Shield could block it entirely.

I thought of that but figured it could end up with a very awkward spot where the attack after black hole -> p2 -> judgment could potentially kill Orran off because Aphmau really, REALLY sucks as a healer. Better to eat the Black Hole, have AASB top up + reapply haste (instantly, if ATB is saved) then the Shield blocks the next attack and P2 starts at full HP

not to mention that for whatever it's worth AASB lasting a turn longer into p2 might help in some small way (lol)

(this issue largely doesn't exist using Mog instead of Orran)

Oct 25, 2017
Alex mag 650 29.36

Kefka dyad sync aasb2 aasb1
Mog
Cait
Ultimecia daasb sync aasb (aasb2)
CoD csb sync (aasb1/2

What a whopping.
Ulti with both wcast lmrs and her daasb and sync just wrecked him

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
This physical Alexander is absolutely bonkers. His damage is through the roof, and even with Orran using g+ damage still drops to well below breaking cap at the start of phase 2.

Physical team is constantly on the verge of death, and if I do make it to final phase the damage gets even more nuts and I die.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
re: Alexander

I managed to clear physical Alex in 43.85 the night it debuted, but it was not fun. Way way too much incoming damage. D.Cecil USB bubble popped in two hits, cause nearly every fucking attack does 7000-8000 damage. And while I've bruteforced Aegis in almost all the physical fights, this one gave me the most trouble. Only D.Cecil could break rage with his HA while it was up. Neither Seph nor Seifer could. So that was 4 seconds of little progress, which slowed me down, which made me eat even more damage. And I got slammed by Labyrinth Judgement for upwards of 17,000 damage in phase 3. Elarra had to spam USB1 (under Sync effect, so 18,000 heals) nearly every turn in phase 3 to survive. Took me over 3 hours to get the win.

Team was:

Seph USb1/USb2/Sync1/AASB1
Quina BSSB2/Sync/AASB
Elarra Glint+/USB1/USB2/AASB
Seifer CSB/DAASB/AASB2
D.Cecil USB/Sync 2/AASB

I can probably beat the magic version with what I have, and definitely if I were to lens Kuja AASB, but since this has mission involved, I think I''ll wait for that. Might save myself some L4 lenses too, which got drained from spending for magic Snow Giant and Salamander.

Oct 25, 2017
Phys Alex killed at about 45. Much harder than mag, but don't have that level of tech. Glad to not need a pull here.

The unlocked record boards seem pretty underwhelming? 0-5 based on infused characters. So basically have to use a limit glint to get the max. Doesn't seem like a great use of 75 motes.

Seph sync1 aasb1usb lbo-not used
Quina
Ardyn sync aasb USB lbo
Seifer csb dyad aasb USB
Elarra

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
It has been done.

All dks downed, with XI finally happening today. Thank God that's over, until I try to drop the 2.5 seconds to get sub 30.

Edit: still no clue how I'll ever beat Abductor. Need a stacked healer, someone spreading drbs, someone else spreading hp bubbles and probably someone else spreading Shields just for a chance. And you gotta go insanely fast because he starts to countdown at like 16 seconds.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
It has been done.

All dks downed, with XI finally happening today. Thank God that's over, until I try to drop the 2.5 seconds to get sub 30.

Edit: still no clue how I'll ever beat Abductor. Need a stacked healer, someone spreading drbs, someone else spreading hp bubbles and probably someone else spreading Shields just for a chance. And you gotta go insanely fast because he starts to countdown at like 16 seconds.

Good work. Yeah abductor is really tough. I scratched out both victories but not fun.

I.feel.like the drops this lab have improved. Most 12 rounds average more than a drop per round. Record markers are falling from the sky. Last 12 rounder tsunami I netted 5 record markers. Now have 32 and burn all stam and pots and they are only increasing.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Finally dropped Abductor physical. Snow actually hits like a truck, spreads drbs, had his limit glint to prevent any slowing in final phase as well.

I just don't see how I can beat physical Alexander though. Multitude of sync aasb dark users, but my chain holder is Gabranth who just isn't very good with an aasb that doesn't double cast, and this cat has a crap ton of hp

Oct 25, 2017
Well, all lab bosses killed and officially caught up on content other than needing to sub 30 the lab bosses and XI. XI I'm chucking every ticket until I get Zeid's sync unless I nab Ayame's dyad or Prishe's sync which may be enough. I thought Shan's dyad added to my team would be enough but a couple tries flopped, but now I have time to try more I guess.

Oct 25, 2017
Finally dropped Abductor physical. Snow actually hits like a truck, spreads drbs, had his limit glint to prevent any slowing in final phase as well.

I just don't see how I can beat physical Alexander though. Multitude of sync aasb dark users, but my chain holder is Gabranth who just isn't very good with an aasb that doesn't double cast, and this cat has a crap ton of hp

I use Seifer and looking at Gabranth's aasb description, I see what you mean there. what a stinker.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Finally got around to knocking this one off:

AAUal-AAC61y.jpg

III Dragonking mastered in 29.55 (with Wait Mode 2)

Mog (QC LMR+LM2):
R5 HA, R5 Passion Salsa / MM / USB1, AASB x2
CoD (DC LMR+LM2): R5 HA1, R5 Touched by Darkness / DMT / Glint+, USB1, AASB1
Aria (DC LMR+LM2): R5 Holyja, R5 ACM / Gathering Storm / Glint+, USB2
OK (Rod DMG LMR+ DC BLK LM2): R5 HA1, R5 Wrath / Wind DMG+ / Switchdraw Glint, AASB1, AASB2
Luneth (DC LMR + LM2): R5 HA, R5 Wrath / Swd DMG+ / Advance, AASb1, AASb2, LBO

RW: Historia Chain 2
L120 HC

Full HE on CoD/Aria. OK had a Wind+++ rod because III has no damn rod artifacts. WHY.

Rough plan:

Mog: AASB2, Passion Salsa, HA spam until phase 2, HA to keep up heals, USB1 after Aria USB2, HA, wait for phase 3 -> AASB2, Passion Salsa, HA spam

CoD: Glint+, AASB, HA spam until close to phase 2, TBD to not push phase 2 too fast to allow OK to build more gauge, USB1 after phase 2 change, TBD, HA spam until phase 3, HA, AOSB, HA

Aria: Glint+, HC, Holyja spam until phase 2, ACM, RW as close to 16.00 as possible, USB2, ACM, Holyja, USB2 after phase change, ACM, USB2, Holya

OK: Wrath x2, Glint, HA spam until phase 2, AASB2, AASB1, HA spam

Luneth: Wrath, RW, Wrath, Advance, HA spam until 4 gauges, HC to help push phase 2, AASB1, AASB2, HA spam, LBO after Aria USB2

Finally had some time to work on this. My previous best attempt was 33 seconds, using Luneth AASB1 to push phase 1 bolstered by OK AASB2, saving CoD AASB1, OK AASB1, and Luneth AASB2 for phase 2. I tried for several hours and couldn't go any faster. Always kept getting to phase 2 around 16~17 seconds, which was just too slow.

This time I used a different tack, using CoD AASB to push phase 1 faster, and saving Luneth AASb1+AASb2 for phase 2 onwards. I would also drop OK AASB2 right before AASB1 instead of using AASb2 early on, since that would give OK BDL2. Betwen Luneth BDL2, OK BDL2, and CoD overstrike HA, I figured that should have allowed me to break King's Rage and hopefully win faster.

That worked a bit better, though I kept winning around 31.60 seconds. I thought maybe CoD AASB1's Radiant Shield was chewing up too many ticks on Wait Mode 2, so I turned it off. Didn't help - my time was 31.57 with Active Mode 1. Foo.

So then I tried something that I had only seen speedrunners use for this level of content: Dr. Mog's Teachings on a DPS. Specifically, CoD. She was using a damage RM before, but she was capping with her HA1 fairly easily, so I thought I'd give DMT a try to get her AASb out faster and push phase 1 faster so I could have more time at the end. I put Gathering Storm on Aria since she never used any SBs until phase 2 anyway, as Mog solo heals phase 1.

Initial results were promising, at least as far as my goal of reaching phase 2 faster. I was now hitting phase 1 in around 13.50 instead of between 15+. Unfortunately, this mad gauge management harder. Aria, OK, and Luneth all didn't have quite enough gauge to navigate phase 2 quickly initially, which slowed me down ultimately and made me exit phase 2 more slowly. I rectified this by using Wrath twice on both OK and Luneth early on instead of just once, plus I spammed nothing but Holyja on Aria instead of rotating ACM -> Holyja in phase 1.

That did the trick. I made it to phase 2 quickly, while Luneth had 4 gauges before even reaching phase 2 and could use HC to push phase 2. OK had 4 gauges after Challenging Roar, so they both were able to get out AASBs in a timely manner. Aria also had more gauge, being able to USB2 in phase 1 and had enough to USB2 twice in phase 3, which was absolutely necessary for the sub-30. Healing was tight in phase 3, with Mog and Aria having no visible HP after Phase 2 Dragonking Clawswipe, but thankfully were not Sapped, and I was able to heal up enough and push phase 3 before things could go sideways.

In phase 3, I actually broke King's Rage in one turn: CoD HA, OK AASB1 overstrike chase, and a triple cast from Luneth did it. Those were all done with IC. Another round of attacks, then Aria did another USb2, and another round of instant attacks got me the sub-30 with 0.45 seconds to spare. I used Luneth LBO at 0.7% HP left - completely unnecessary, but felt good.

So that's all 18/18 DKs sub-30. Finally done with this content (on main).

In terms of oustanding content, I just have mage Abductor (my ice mage team is a one BDL short of what I'm comfortable tackling that fight with) and mage Alexander (I could do that fight now if I lensed Kuja's AASB, and probably could do it even if I didn't, but I figure I might as well wait for lab missions first since there's no incentive to fight it now; maybe I'll get some tech in the future to make it simpler). And I should be good with fights for the rest of Season 3, so I can wait things out.

Of course, I only have one lab sub-30 (mage Striker w/ OD) on the current ones I've beaten, but I'll let powercreep handle that.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
After many days and after trying just about every combo of physical dark units I have, phys Alexander downed.

Seph aasb, usb2?, LBO, aosb
Garland sync, aasb, csb
Shadow g+, sync, aasb, aosb

Orran everything, honed aasb.

Elarra honed aasb, usb1,2, g+

Quina just wasn't working. In fact I haven't found quina to be too extremely useful just because labs are basically requiring a healer and sub healer now and quina isnt very good at that.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
I've done all the physical labs by having Quina entrust to Elarra. But Quina + Orran, while powerful, is extremely difficult to use and is beyond my capability, so I wouldn't even attempt it.

Full Nines

Apr 10, 2018
I was just coming here to rant about having trouble with this Quina/Orran combo I keep reading out for physical Argent Odin, haha. I'm seeing that magic Odin was the easy route now.

I was going with:

Thancred - SASB, AASB, G+
Galuf - SASB, AASB, CSB
Orran - SASB, AASB, G+
Quina - AASB, G, G+
Gladiolus - SASB, CSB, AOSB

I think part of the problem for me is that my earth team, while pretty strong, takes a while to actually get going damage-wise and my crit chance options are kinda clunky (Galuf's CMD2 after two turns of CMD1). The teams I'm seeing use Quina/Orran seem to be pretty fast and self-critting.

It keeps weirdly lining up that by the time I need to use Orran's G+, I also need to badly heal. I think I might just try putting Tyro in place of Quina to use his G+ wall and USB4, then just bring Fabula Priestess instead. Or just an actual healer instead and try to ignore the stupid Aegis.

It's so dumb that all the buffs needed for physical are awkwardly scattered across various characters (and needing multiple SBs), while magic just has everything in one place with Cait Sith (or Mog). What the hell, DeNA?

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
I was just coming here to rant about having trouble with this Quina/Orran combo I keep reading out for physical Argent Odin, haha. I'm seeing that magic Odin was the easy route now.

I was going with:

Thancred - SASB, AASB, G+
Galuf - SASB, AASB, CSB
Orran - SASB, AASB, G+
Quina - AASB, G, G+
Gladiolus - SASB, CSB, AOSB

I think part of the problem for me is that my earth team, while pretty strong, takes a while to actually get going damage-wise and my crit chance options are kinda clunky (Galuf's CMD2 after two turns of CMD1). The teams I'm seeing use Quina/Orran seem to be pretty fast and self-critting.

It keeps weirdly lining up that by the time I need to use Orran's G+, I also need to badly heal. I think I might just try putting Tyro in place of Quina to use his G+ wall and USB4, then just bring Fabula Priestess instead. Or just an actual healer instead and try to ignore the stupid Aegis.

It's so dumb that all the buffs needed for physical are awkwardly scattered across various characters (and needing multiple SBs), while magic just has everything in one place with Cait Sith (or Mog). What the hell, DeNA?

Yeah. Every lab is basically a cake walk for my magic teams but an utter nightmare for my physical ones.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I have decked out quina and orran but have a wide spread of successful teams, none sub 30 most are sub 40:
Moglarra snow giant
Mog relm kraken, anima
Quinlarra Alex
Quina vanille salamander
Orran vanille abductor, sandworm
Orran kstriker
Mog porom 4 lab boss

Lab mag? All Cait and mog other than anima which was Cait and vanille.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Full Nines:

Note that if you don't have Quina Sync, you don't run Quina. At all.

Orran + Quina works because Quina covers proper critfix with Sync and not ghetto Ode to Victory plus entrust support to get DPS up and running faster, while Orran handles heals, critical DMG+, adds another layer of physical QC, and has Aegis counter.

Scar

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Title Town
So, I'm looking through the Crush Cardia banner and Mog's Dance as One AASB, and Sync is available. Also, I am seeing Orran's Sync is also available. If I have nothing for either champ, which one is the best to grab?

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
Mog

Edit: To be more clear, Orran is great but is harder to use and is mainly for physical teams. Mog can work for both physical and magic and is easier to use overall.

Oct 25, 2017
This game is in pure maintenance mode now I guess, at least for me. The record markers are piling up, I went from 0-50+ after lab 3 dropped. My green supply is dropping now as I only burn stam in the lab not crystal runs. Still have 3m, so no biggie. Already at 5m lab points.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Pulled Onion Wind Sync today with a ticket, sub 30d 3 DK finally.

That just leaves 11,15 and Tactics. I can probably get tactics, MAYBE 15. I dunno about 11 and I'm not anxious to go try it.

Also rph, if you're in maintenance mode, can always chuck a pull and pray if you'd use Ravus.

Im thinking about swinging for the fences and trying for Gladdy Daddy Dual

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Huh.

AAUal-AAC8Xi.jpg

Mage D650 Abductor mastered in 37.34

Lulu (LM1+LM2):
R5 HA, R5 Voltech / Scholar's Boon / Sync , AASb1, AASB2
Cait Sith (QC LMR+LM2): R5 HA, R5 Passion Salsa / DMT / Glint+, USB2, AASB1
Mog (QC LMR+LM2): R5 HA, R5 ACM / MM / AASB1, AASB2, Sync
Serah (DC LMR+LM1): R5 HA, R5 Chain Blizzaja / Rod DMG+ / 500 gauge Glint+, CSB, Sync, AOSB
Ysayle (IMperil LMR+DC LMR): R5 HA, R5 Dark Shiva / Ice DMG+ / LBG, USB, Sync, AOSB

RW: Wall
Magicites: AOdin (Blade/Spell Ward), Shiva (Empower/HP), Valefor (HP/Heal), Madeen (Fast Act/Mag Boon), Madeen (HP/Healing)

Super rough plan:

Lulu: RW, Voltech spam until 2 gauges, Sync, SCMD2, SCMD1 spam until 40%, AASB1, AASb2, HA spam

Mog: AASB1, Passion Salsa, HA spam until phase 2, AASB2, Passion Salsa if near full HP, otherwise HA spam until phase 4, Sync, SCMD1 x3

Cait: ACM, wait for Slowga -> AASB, HA, (ACM, HA x3) until phase 2, Glint+ to counter Aegis and snag first green painting, ACM, USB2 to snag second green painting, Odin, ACM, otherwise wait for Phase 4 Ultimate Slowga -> AASB, ACM, HAx3, repeat

Serah: Glint+, Odin, HA, Chain Blizzaja until 4 gauges, CSB, Sync, SCMD2, SCMD1x2, SCMD2, SCMD1x2, CSB at 40%, SCMD2, SCMD1 x2, AOSB (under Mog SCMD1), HA spam

Ysayle: HA, Dark Shiva, HA, Dark Shiva, Sync, SCMDx3, SCMD1 x3 (phase 4), LBG, USB, HA, AOSB (under Mog SCMD1), HA spam

I always thought I was one BDL short for this fight. Having two characters with only SYncs for these kind of fights makes me very wary. I didn't think one BDL on two characters plus a loaded Lulu would be sufficient. But I was convinced that Ysayle Sync helps tear up phase 2/3 like no one's business, so I gave it a try.

And yeah, it went as described. Lulu, Ysayle and Serah blazed through phase 2/3. I think I reached 40% in around 23 seconds. Refreshed chain, and then unleashed my new secret weapon: Mog Sync. With 3 turns of 70% magic boost, Serah/YSayle's AOSBs capped, and Lulu went from 7K per hit on HA to 20K+. Was able to finish Abductor off with 2 left on the countdown.

Side note: I got to use Ysayle's Limit Break Glint in this fight. I used it right after diffusion in phase 4, so no one got hit by Ultimate Slowga. However, it really wasn't necessary, since I had Cait at full ATB ready to drop AASB for the second time. Oh well.

Finally lensed Serah's chain for this fight, along with DC LMR and AOSB for YSayle. All worth it.

That's 16/17 lab bosses down. Literally the only fight I have unbeaten currently is mage D650 Alexander. I was planning to leave that for when lab missions arrived, since I believe I'm one BDL short for that fight as well (but I have a lensable option that would make it a fait accompli), BUT if I could swing one strong DPS + 1 xBDL for Abductor, who is considered a much harder fight than Alex, maybe I should just give it a try as is. It would allow me to finally be caught up on content since before Dreambreakers arrived 20 months ago. We'll see...

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Well I didn't swing for the fences on the XV banner but I did 100g Ardyn summon. My first one of those things.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
There we go:

AAUal-AAC8a9.jpg

Magic D650 Alexander mastered in 39.86

CoD (DC LMR+LM2):
R5 HA / Dark DMG+ / Glint+, CSB, AASB [AOSB]
Cait Sith (QC LMR+LM2): R5 HA, R5 Passion Salsa / DMT / Glint+, USB2, AASB1
Mog (QC LMR+LM2): R5 HA, R5 ACM / MM / AASB1, AASB2, Sync
Kuja (DC LMR+En-Dark LMR): R5 Necro Countdown, R5 Touched by Darkness / Rod DMG+ / BSSB1, CSB, Sync, AOSB
Ultimecia (LM1+LM2): R5 HA / Scholar's Boon / Dyad, Sync 2, AASb1, AASB2

RW: Wall
Magicites: AOdin (Blade/Spell Ward), Diabilos (Empower/HP), Alexander (HP/Heal), Madeen (Fast Act/Mag Boon), Madeen (Mag/Mag)

Rough plan:

CoD: Glint+, HA, Odin, HA spam until 2 gauges, CSB, HA spam until phase 2, AASB, HA spam until phase 3, HA, AOSB under Mog Sync C1

Mog: AASB1, Glint+, Passion Salsa, HA spam until DPS is ready to go online, AASB2, HA spam until phase 3, dropping Passion Salsa only if HP was near full, AASB2 for more QC, Sync, C1 x3

Cait: RW, HA, ACM, USB2 after Ultimate Radiant Sacrament, AASB, HA, ACM, HA, Glint+ at start of phase 2, ACm -> HAx3 until phase 3, USB2 if anyone has lost Last Stand, otherwise refresh AASB and use USB2 after Phase 3 Turn 2 Ultimate Radiant Sacrament to clear Sap, HA, ACM, HA spam

Kuja: Touched by Darkness spam until 4 gauges, BSSB, Sync, C1 spam until phase 3, BSSB during Lab Guard, C1 if still have time, otherwise AOSB under Mog Sync C1

Ultimecia: HA spam until 3 gauges, Dyad, Sync, C1 x2, AASB2 in phase 2, HA spam until phase 3, AASB1, HA spam until3 gauges, Dyad finisher under Mog Sync C1

I was planning to lens Kuja AASB for this fight since it would give me another character with 2x BDL. However, after my earlier success with magic Abductor, I decided to try this as is. It took a while, but I got it.

But man. As with physical Alex, this was not easy. Too. Much. Damage. I had to retreat and remove Forbidden Cross from Kuja (moved it to CoD initially, then removed it entirely) because there was no way to use it without it getting him killed. Stuck with Ye Old NEcro Countdown (I haven't made Kuja HA because it's terrible with his kit, but I actually contemplated making his HA because I was tired of Forbidden Cross' drawbacks) and TBD spam instead, which helped. Took me several tries to past Chain Diaja in phase 1 bause my HP was too low. Just kept getting slammed over and over. Really frustrating fight.

Overall, Alexander has given me far more trouble than the vaunted Abductor.

Eventually I got a winning run. Everything played out well, except MOg doesn't get t use more than 1~2 C2s before he get Petrified.By that time it's enough for Kuja and Ultimecia to finish the fight at least. Ulti's Dyad finisher hit 33Kx20+99999 under Mog Sync C1, damn, though that was massive overkill since Alex had maybe 6% HP left at that point.

My initial clear was a bit over 40 seconds. Remembered that Empower 18s are farmable so i decided to get a second Empower while the fight was fresh. It took me another 90 minutes to get a second clear, which is shown above. Still too much goddamn damage. At least it's sub-40. NOw I don't have to worry about this fight until lab missions, hopefully by which time I'll have some better dark tools. Cause screw this fight.

That's 17/17 Lab bosses down, which means I'm back to have beaten everything in FFRK, which hasn't been the case since before Dreambreakers were released 20 months ago. Still not bleeding edge since I still only have mage Striker as sub-30, but I'll let powercreep handle that. The fights are too stressful as is.

Oct 25, 2017
That's 17/17 Lab bosses down, which means I'm back to have beaten everything in FFRK, which hasn't been the case since before Dreambreakers were released 20 months ago. Still not bleeding edge since I still only have mage Striker as sub-30, but I'll let powercreep handle that. The fights are too stressful as is.

Congrats! It does feel strange to be up to date on content. I think DK1 ended my run.

Unless I get really bored, I'm waiting on wait mode 2 plus power creep to take them below 30seconds. With 112 HA created and 1 more immediately available, the missing 1.5 HA in lenses is not meaningful.

Oct 25, 2017
Well I didn't swing for the fences on the XV banner but I did 100g Ardyn summon. My first one of those things.

I have 2 Eiko and Yuna and have never used either!

Since I 100gemmed Ravus' DAASB I did go ahead and blow 50 on a pull to see I could get him something else. I could not, 1/11 and Gladiolous' DAASB. Don't have his dyad but with his sync and aasb and now this he is just a maniac.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
I have 2 Eiko and Yuna and have never used either!

Since I 100gemmed Ravus' DAASB I did go ahead and blow 50 on a pull to see I could get him something else. I could not, 1/11 and Gladiolous' DAASB. Don't have his dyad but with his sync and aasb and now this he is just a maniac.

I still need to sub 30 the xv DK, thinking about Ardyn summon eating the full break and bringing quina.

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
Finally beat my first Dragon King, did Core for the extra mission bonuses. It wasn't as rough as I had feared, but Core seems to be one of the easier realms.