• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
One of the few mobile games that actually managed to hold my attention for an extended amount of time.

RIP.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
i'm sorry your luck is terrible, but this is patently false. there's no real reason for me to argue this though so let's just leave it at that lol

I would say it's just my horrible luck, BUT too many people on Discord and Gfaqs have been saying the same thing. Far far too many 1/11s. 9/15 1/11s on just this fest alone, including my last 5 pulls. I'm pretty sure the barrage of low-hanging fruit is specifically to entice you after the endless 1/11s don't get you anything useful.

(If my 1/11s were at least top prizes I wouldn't feel so bad, but 15 pulls/750 mythril for 2 UASBs, 1 Dual, 3 LBCs (one not useful) and a whole mess of dupe Glint++s and LMR++s has made 8A the worst fest in terms of ROI I've ever had in FFRK, across three accounts).

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
I am also a member of the 1/11 bottom half of the banner squad.

There's too many people reporting the same to not be inclined to think there's different pull logic in play.

So I'll say congrats on your good luck.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
That's just confirmation bias. Just to say, 10~20 pulls/people pulling once is nowhere near enough to draw a statistical conclusion. Most people won't post when they get a decent 2/11 or 3/11 with just one good relic among those. But people are fast to compain about their 1/11 LMR, this is why you see a lot more of those.

If you watch any whale who posts their pulls on youtube, you can see what 10+ pulls in a row in a single banner, across multiple banners, looks like, and it just follows the probabilities shown.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Well it was people posting all their pulls, not just reporting the 1/11s.

In my 4 months on Japan side, it's about 80% 1/11s. Statistical anomaly after 4 months, maybe? But a lot of people reporting the same, and not only the shit 1/11s are being reported.

When everyone who shifted over notices the same...

I'm now at 13 1/11s in a row. Let's go!!! It's just bad luck across the board!

Edit: 3 more 1/11s in a row. Just a bad luck streak, pulling algorithm is exactly the same!

Last edited:

Falk

Oct 26, 2017

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QLlQVinIFc

carried by a 90gem pull nabbing red aasb2 lmao

cait clutch USB2 at the end is chef'skiss

(also country music because i'm an idiot and was routing incorrectly, so i picked the worst youtube library stuff i could find and now it's the best FFRK video on my channel because of the awful music)

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
inconsequential bump that after 7 months I'm actually finally endgame, lol

all BahaZ elements cleared

cfTv9W4.png

i probably could have sneaked by a bio kill with less because it's squishy (as expected) but was also on cruise control/low-effort hiatus while waiting for enough rat tails for realm content. incidentally which i also finally hit a couple days ago - all HCs 120 so it's time to game

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wys6poNBOxw

bio BahaZ featuring a hilariously stacked Edgar

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Sometimes I really want to go back and restart. But the reality is, I really shouldn't lol

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
Sometimes I really want to go back and restart. But the reality is, I really shouldn't lol

honestly i think that ship has sailed; while everything is a sliding scale rather than an on-off switch, starting now rather than 6 months ago is 3 fests worth of freebies less to catch up on, which if we gave JP, say, a generous 2 years lifespan, is 20% of the game gone, lol

edit: i'm now working on safer sephiroth, and while my team is stacked it's also bruteforcing w/o synergy so i'm still feeling that weird v10-strapped-on-a-go-kart feel, lol

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
honestly i think that ship has sailed; while everything is a sliding scale rather than an on-off switch, starting now rather than 6 months ago is 3 fests worth of freebies less to catch up on, which if we gave JP, say, a generous 2 years lifespan, is 20% of the game gone, lol

edit: i'm now working on safer sephiroth, and while my team is stacked it's also bruteforcing w/o synergy so i'm still feeling that weird v10-strapped-on-a-go-kart feel, lol
amazing progress though, well played bud ^^b

This game was developed by DeNA, why did I never release on switch?
I would have paid $60 for a single player offline iteration of FFRK. Best Pixel ATB system, especially since the ability honing essentially brought back the Vancian system and it's a wonderful marriage of mechanics.

Falk

Oct 26, 2017

20shwww.png

red XIII taxing himself here :(

this would be potentially sub30 territory if i had Zack stuff because how just how much crit damage benefits both Seph/Cloud

in comparison red XIII literally has to bring his own buff then suffer earth tax with the additional bar-earths on this fight while also not having consistent QC

edit: i'd argue this is still the hardest boss in the game- the latest Crystal Dungeons finally bumped themselves to D730 vs the D700 of VIII/VII/VI etc but sephiroth is still the tankiest with the most absurd spacetime sitting at 14M

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
20shwww.png

red XIII taxing himself here :(

this would be potentially sub30 territory if i had Zack stuff because how just how much crit damage benefits both Seph/Cloud

in comparison red XIII literally has to bring his own buff then suffer earth tax with the additional bar-earths on this fight while also not having consistent QC

edit: i'd argue this is still the hardest boss in the game- the latest Crystal Dungeons finally bumped themselves to D730 vs the D700 of VIII/VII/VI etc but sephiroth is still the tankiest with the most absurd spacetime sitting at 14M
Yea, even the lower difficulty that doesn't feature the spacetime gimmick was giving me problems even in Wait mode when Global shutdown. Very small window of opportunity for me. Gave the impression they felt they had to tune it for the VII superfans who woulda had everyone in that realm roster kitted tf out.

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
i'm not convinced this fight is even doable without a honed Barret AA (which i have lmao rip me)

May 9, 2022
Florida
It's really too bad they never took this idea and released an offline version. I started the game at launch and didn't roll on a banner for many many months. The early game was incredibly balanced and welcoming. Everything could be cleared with a little ingenuity.

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
who knew i'd still be posting almost a year after end of service was announced lmao

some milestones:

1) all labs up through the latest (FFIII, couple days ago) sub30

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oyEv0wHXEc

2) all Bahamut ZEROs down (i.e. both phys and mag, as opposed to just elemental coverage as previously) - holy phys was the last one, and incidentally the first sub30 as i was experimenting on bringing over the lab template.
Eih7E6S.png

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=df4qK2tshS8

at this stage Tyro FINALLY feels like he's being left behind, because as good as he is to fill for all teams, he lags behind trying to push for sub30s as he takes almost lit 15 seconds to get up and running

3) Sephiroth DED
o1bR08q.png

still remains one of the hardest fights in the game

the last element of D730 Eden (Holy) comes out very soon, so my next targets are:
- doing all the Edens I can clear
- finally making some headway into other realm D700/730s (i have FF8 down, but who doesn't lol)
- taking a look at the job crystal dungeons which up to this point have not interested me in the least

some soapbox stuff:

a year ago I was lamenting not being able to kill final boss Kefka on Global which was my goal when the game started service in 2015. this actually persisted as my goal when rerolling a JP account, and that seems within very very practical striking distance now, barely 8 months into this account (and it's an account that pushed all content rather than tunnelling one single realm like old school Mike lol)

i'm actually not sure if i want to continue after that singular goal. the game does feel in a stale state where virtually every new boss follows the exact same template - phase 2 at 80%, phase 3 at 50%, giant mitigation at 50% (fullbreak in realm, aegis in elemental content) followed by some conditional burn phase ~7-10sec after phase 3 starts which is basically a check of how many BDLs you have left in the tank at that point. it's equivalent to, say, if every single fight in the game was WOdin but with different teams, for the past year+

i guess it does remain a pretty low-investment side-game as it is, though. i don't foresee any hours-long tedium trying to RNG a close run like the game commonly had in its heyday- things are so template'd you can look at your team and the boss' numbers and have a very practical assessment if it can be cleared or wait for pulls. in fact, many of the Labs and BZeros were straight up one-shots because it was already very clear what the exact turn order and SB usage would be, and wait mode helped make execution less twitchy

i think i'm going to keep at it simply because lord knows the game isn't going to last much longer

we'll see if it actually has XVI content next month, lol- if it doesn't that's a surefire sign it's beyond life support

edit: for reference i've spent approx $360 on the JP version of the game over 8 months

It's really too bad they never took this idea and released an offline version. I started the game at launch and didn't roll on a banner for many many months. The early game was incredibly balanced and welcoming. Everything could be cleared with a little ingenuity.

honestly as far as ideas go i'd rather take a hypothetical "FF7-9 Pixel Remaster" rather than another crossover nostalgia bait neither-here-nor-there product

Last edited:

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
just realized we're over a year since global shut down lol

been on a few month hiatus from JP due to work, finally started catching up again on endgame and holy hell Tyro is beyond broken now to just straight up auto-win

View: https://youtu.be/bbtaXFvqh1U?t=513

boss enters p3 mitigation levels and procs full break, Tyro is all "don't care, have more 69,999s"

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
why is tyro's follow up dealing 200k damage in one hit

whats going on with the damage cap

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
I still miss the game and do my JP dailies, but I have no idea what's going on anymore. That's some power creep though. lol

JG_Lionheart

Dec 3, 2018
Man I'll be honest, I miss going DAASB into Sync with Squall and Cloud. How many SB tiers have they released since? Man just the idea of starting without Quina's AASBs and Sync or Mog and Caith....oooff, I can't imagine trying to attempt endgame without those guys.

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
Man I'll be honest, I miss going DAASB into Sync with Squall and Cloud. How many SB tiers have they released since? Man just the idea of starting without Quina's AASBs and Sync or Mog and Caith....oooff, I can't imagine trying to attempt endgame without those guys.

getting up and running from a resource perspective isn't a problem especially if you start around fest - you can p much blast through mythril mines (record dungeons) and dump 15 pulls into the fest banners then select support stuff and hit the ground running. thankfully outside of Sazh UA for 100% crit it really hasn't changed much- mog/cait with their AASBs/Syncs are still what magic team runs if they aren't doing 1 support 3 dps, and people still run quina solo for physical if they aren't now doubling quina+sazh for some bumrush tactic

rolling on fest would give you enough of a spread of stuff to make headway through magicites/cardia then get started on labs which are a massive heap of elem/series tickets

on the flipside, getting up and running is a very, very large timesink problem lol

regarding SB tiers, just also as a refresher of where GL left off:

main damage
SSB - the 'upgraded' stuff that did more than e.g. one 9999 hit (lol Braver)
BSB - added commands
USB - added buffs, started cloud BDL and double cast era
(brave USBs)
AASB - double cast + BDL1, obviously meant to bait for magicite rage levels
(brave AASBs)
SASB/syncs - BDL1 + commands, 3infuse as magicite6 bait, infuse is still a core mechanic of elemental fights nowadays
DASB - triplecast + BDL1, started with garbage shifts but some of them are very core nowadays in modern DAs
GL ENDS HERE
UASB - BDL1 (+1 more after 3 casts), triple infusion, astra, some HP. Most importantly stacks with everything, i.e. DA + UA = 3 additional attacks without specific char shenanigans
CASB - the new one, grants ignore def/res 30%, BDL1, and burst-on-demand via commands that grant an additional BDL and ignore def/res 70% (so you can ignore aegis). Similar to UAs, stacks with everything, but is only 1 infuse

burst
OSB - lol the whammy of banners
AOSB - 3 hit, some still see use today for e.g. support to dump additional hits
dyad - technically it does more but i think it fits best here
LBO - uses limit chain instead, 4-5 hit
GL ENDS HERE
OZSB - 7 hit conditional BDL + 3 hit, roughly 1.5-2.5x AOSB damage depending on condition

supplementary
still p much LMR and glints, there are LMR++ and glint++ at this point. glint++ usually is IATB1 so they are essentially free shit that don't take up a turn. the best LMRs confer stuff like quick cast or SB gauge gain from battle start now
LBGuardian which no one really uses lmao

chain
99 chain
150 chain + buff
99 v2 chain + buff + instacast
limit chain - single use, free, IATB1 at max hone IIRC. the ones with a blue icon, bigger aura and 150 max cap, most often on DPS/main characters
GL ENDS HERE
LBLC - adds 25 to existing chain's cap if matches, does something special at XYZ chain count- this is free damage if you have it since it costs 1 limit bar and is IATB after. used alone, is actually pretty crap lol. the majority of characters have LBLCs, some have multiple

the tyro thing above is his DA and dyad (we had this in Global) + UA + CA hence the three attacks since they all stack. i think the reason he's still hitting like a truck is that his stuff mainly plays off weakness boost and he has like 50% all stat buff from SB and 30% from LMR, so a stat nerf from full break doesn't really dunk him that far under softcap compared to other characters

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
so after finally "beating Kefka" and the VII RCD (i.e. global's final boss) i said i wasn't really sure if i was gonna continue- turns out i'd set myself another goal- XV's RCD, which is the tankiest POS known to mankind- it makes VII look like pudding

i thought I was prepared for this with a tricked-out Noctis. I wasn't

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsGY6uhTRCo

the entire team going from machinegunning 49999s in spacetime to literally not being able to break rages in P3 sure is something. The entire last 40% was a slugging match, which... i guess is actually accurate to source material, lol

i'm not even sure what else I could do to boost things more - only things that are missing are some crit damage boosts, and possibly weakness boost, and whatever bonus for bringing a full XV team, meaning Ignis in over Sazh. unfortunately my Ignis isn't going to cut it for this fight, with only AA/AA, and losing Sazh's phys30 is a big deal. had literally everything else - max imperil, full break counter, def crush, phys boost, crit100%, *literally clearing 100% spacetime for 10 pain*, even an LBLC thrown in and people were barely able to break 10k

i don't understand the sub30 videos with 30k hits

had to dream select up Aranea DA for this. no regrets there though, her UA/DA potential is absurd

Aranea: Glint+/LBLC/Dyad/DA/UA/AA
Prompto: Glint+/Glint++/Dyad/DA/SA/AA/LBO
Noctis: Glint++/OZSB/Dyad/DA/UA/AA
Iris: Glint+/USB(QC)/AA/SA
Sazh: AA1*/AA2*/UA/Glint+

i used literally every one listed there, including both 2nd casts of Sazh's AAs

jesus

i think a 'safer' way to have done this would have been to use w/e SBs first in p1/p2, then set up UA/DA/buffs/chain just before spacetime for a massive push, but i'm not going back to redo this, not without enough powercreep to safely guarantee sub30 lol. glad that's over with

why is tyro's follow up dealing 200k damage in one hit

whats going on with the damage cap

missed this; some overflow attacks now have a "mega BDL"

i'm not even sure what the point is vs making it a 2-hit overflow attack (like AOSBs) unless there's going to be 'do 100k damage' to break rages in future, which, lol please no

Last edited:

Scar

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Title Town
Any game I can DL on my phone that has the same feel as this game? I don't really want to play the JPN version of this game and start from scratch.

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
fwiw in my honest opinion Opera Omnia honestly hits some of the same beats

i wouldn't put much stake in Square Enix mobile offerings in general these days though

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
fwiw in my honest opinion Opera Omnia honestly hits some of the same beats

i wouldn't put much stake in Square Enix mobile offerings in general these days though

oops lol

speaking of OO, the EOS announcement had me getting off my bum for RK - if/when that goes too, i want to actually be at the forefront, which is pretty great for a 18-month account and a fair bit of dream selects/matsu bags

knocked out all physical Edens, all sub30 physical Bahamut Zeros, working on the remaining Edens, also after bashing headfirst into FFXV/FFXIII RCDs (which are apparently the worst of the bunch by far) i've gone back and 1-shot FFX/FFIV RCDs (eventually IV to sub30), with more to come. combination of powercreep, knowing exactly how to cookie-cutter them and finally having more rat tails than i know what to do with (i.e. all max Historias, uncap domino aside) makes them very very manageable

edit:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW50mrPr-Hc

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNp9Zb8AARc

targeting Crusaders, the rest of the Mag Edens, then VI (sub30), VII (sub30), IX, XII, T0 RCDs and then finally looking at the Job Crystal Dungeons lol

Last edited:

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
probably my last bump*

i finally sub30'd Kefka

kBnfTjd.png

that's basically Done(tm) with a checkmark for my original FFRK intention of killing Kefka in... 2015

was a painful process; about 6 months since i first killed; didn't have the correct juice/tech to push the sub30 till getting new Kefka tech (lmao the irony) off this fest banner, getting much closer, then throwing my last myth and getting another Kefka tech (the new ASBs - 1 gauge, 1BDL/large rank boost, instacast/IATB) and then hyper-optimizing the lineup

considering people start buffering each other due to the number of attacks (Terra was doing 5, Edgar 4-7 (lmao), Kefka 6, two of them having ATB shenanigans) i probably would have had an easier time setting the game to speed 1 off wait mode and actually playing better, but eh, it's over. done. game beaten for me as far as i'm concerned, even if i've also previously beaten genuinely harder bosses like XIII/XV crystal dungeons

what a ride

im not gonna say it but it was somewhat a pyrrhic victory lmao

*not quitting just yet but i don't feel anything else is bump-worthy since the game's endgame has been pretty much the exact same except bigger numbers for... honestly two years now, all the way back to Cardia Bahamuts being full break and WOdin being Aegis and infuse

probably still cruise along but i really, REALLY can't see this game getting any kind of shakeup or new major system like Labyrinths before it calls it a day. Squeenix has announced EoS for no less than 5 other gacha they've got their hands in in Q1 alone

edit: vid

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LRYCltRGmc

Last edited: