Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
finalweapon.net

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete Coming to US Theaters in February

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete is heading to US Theaters this February. Alongside the movie, a short film will also air.

Placeholder listings have officially gone live for Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete in the US. This includes websites like Fandango, AMC, Regal, and Atom Tickets. The film will air in the United States on February 21 in English (Dub) and February 22 in Japanese (Sub). An official announcement has yet to come from Square Enix. However, these listings confirm that we will see the film return to theaters in the West.

Think I'll go just to hear "The Promised Land" in a full theater set-up.

View: https://youtu.be/vUflrkbmUp8

Deleted member 14089

Oct 27, 2017
Ahh I wish it was aired in some cinemas in EU too. Tried to search for it, but no :(.

I was too young (e.g. not born or kid) to see the whole hype and reveal around FF7, but now I can experience the whole FF7 series similar to how it was back in the day (although gaming in general has become more competitive so I guess it's not really that similar).

Eitherway~ It's pretty cool that SE is doing this :D.

Last edited:

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ahh I wish it was aired in some cinemas in EU too. Tried to search for it, but no :(.

I was too young (e.g. not born or baby) to see the whole hype and reveal around FF7, but now I can experience the whole FF7 series similar to how it was back in the day (although gaming in general has become more competitive so I guess it's not really that similar).

Eitherway~ It's pretty cool that SE is doing this :D.
Some time after Advent Children was where I stepped off the FF7 train.

But being on it again (and re-watching my DVD copy after beating Remake)...sure, may as well if it comes here.

Mikch85

May 12, 2018
No way the EU is getting that treatment. Maybe taking it country by country, considering how insultingly weeb France is it could definitely work.

Deleted member 14089

Oct 27, 2017
Some time after Advent Children was where I stepped off the FF7 train.

Started with the PSP & crisis core, then I played the FF7 original and it started from there 😎 .
(Should've said kid instead of baby also lol, wasn't that young)

But being on it again (and re-watching my DVD copy after beating Remake)...sure, may as well if it comes here.

Wonder how filled the cinema will be heh :p.

DarthKamen

Keeper of the White Materia
Jun 22, 2023
God I'd love to see this in theaters.

One day I'd also love to hear this film with the Remake cast (provided they keep the old dub still available).

Het_Nkik

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
However, these listings confirm that we will see the film return to theaters in the West.
I wasn't aware this movie was ever in theaters in the west. I known it originally released straight to DVD. Have they done the limited time engagent theater release outside of Japan before?

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
The Movie That Inspired MARVEL'S "The Marvels".

Put that on the poster😉

Lockheartilly9799

Corrupted by Vengeance
Nov 23, 2017
Yup. I'll be there. Going to play Crisis Core and Remake again over the next couple months and then see this movie in theaters before Rebirth? Absoooolutely. I don't got time to dilly dally.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
Have they remastered/re-rendered the upscaled scenes this time? That was really jarring on the bluray.

hikarutilmitt

"This guy are sick"
Dec 16, 2017
So are they remastering it and fixing the gap in visual quality between the AC and ACC parts?

Edit: hey great minds.

Dogui

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
The way SE really wants fans to refresh their memories about Advent Children makes me worry for wtf will happen in Rebirth lol

Ryuman

Nov 1, 2017

Surakian

Shinra Employee
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
"I will...never be a memory."

Cuts to new scene of Sephiroth respawning and traveling back in time via the lifestream which creates the Whispers.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
Frankly would have preferred seeing Spirits Within on the big screen again over this. I watched this so many times since it released that I'm struggling to get excited for it coming back to theaters. Hope others enjoy of course.

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
My friends are interested in seeing this but they won't get back to me on what day so I can reserve us tickets, aaaaaaaaah.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
The way SE really wants fans to refresh their memories about Advent Children makes me worry for wtf will happen in Rebirth lol
It was already referenced in Remake, it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone when Rebirth takes it a step further and makes the connections even more clear.

AwakenedCloud

Oct 27, 2017
Please come to the UK with subtitles.

The 4K was an upscale. The damage was done years ago, they clearly don't have anything to re-render.
Yeah. It's crazy to me that it ever got released like it did. Even as someone who wasn't super into the tech side of things, it was incredibly jarring seeing the unreleased scenes in full 4K versus the upscaled ones from the original. Major "we stapled our group project together" energy.

Yeah, I expect it to just be the upscale.
Best case scenario is they do an AI upscale like they did with Crisis Core's CG.
Don't expect anything more than the current 4K quality that made it onto disc in 2021. If there was anything new about the master, they would have mentioned it already for the Japanese PR.

It is what it is at this point with most of the movie being rendered out at 480p.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Never saw Advent Children. This should be fun.

Celestial Descend

Corrupted by Vengeance
Aug 15, 2022
The way SE just can't let any FF7 project slide and have to canonize all of them is actually pretty impressive. Imagine what the entire FF7 story looks like after this is all done.

The Quentulated Mox

Corrupted by Vengeance
Jun 10, 2022
i don't know that i can stomach watching a version of Advent Children that isn't a crusty as hell 480p .mp4 file ripped from a pirate site like i remember from my youth

Zalapski

May 30, 2022
The way SE just can't let any FF7 project slide and have to canonize all of them is actually pretty impressive. Imagine what the entire FF7 story looks like after this is all done.
Right? It would have been so easy for them to just pick and choose parts of the compilation to acknowledge and just ignore the rest with Remake, and very few would fault them for it. But they said nope, we made all of this stuff -- good, bad and bizarre -- and we're going to own all of it. Even the mobile game that only a tiny fraction of our audience ever got to play.

CelestialAtom

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 26, 2017
I wish they would use the original music from Advent Children, as the music for the Cloud vs. Yazoo/Loz motorcycle fight and The Forgotten City battle versions in Complete just sounded awful.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

DjDeathCool

Oct 28, 2017
Bismarck, ND
Rewatched Advent Children a couple of months ago on my home theater setup. It was a lot of dumb fun. It basically has no structure and is pretty much nonsense. But it looks pretty and it is fun to see the world you fell in love with in the original game realized with such fidelity.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Very Random but I wish they would've included "The Last Order" as a bonus thing with this. Feels weird how such an awesome anime has just been kind of left on the wayside even if it's "non-canon" now.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=337v5tWg0q4

Best depiction of Sephiroth outside the original game.

While I'm not sure I'd go out of my way to rewatch AC in a theater, I do legitimately worry about the possibility of some assholes shouting Rebirth spoilers in the theater, should said spoilers leak early.

KeyBladerXIII

Dec 5, 2017
Advent Children was the first piece of FF7 media I ever experienced because I recognized Cloud and Sephiroth from Kingdom Hearts.

That was a weird intro to this franchise.