• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AerialAir

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
I'm actually most excited for Chocobo's Dungeon: Every Buddy, as it's the only case where I completely missed the original. I also just barely remember most of Crystal Chronicles so that should be a fun trip too.
SE went completely silent on Every Buddy though, and IIRC, that was a Winter 2018 game, and well... 2018 is coming to an end.

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
Has there been any indicators when either X or XII are getting Switch releases?

Any further word on IX too while I'm asking? :)
No specific date. It's likely that Switch gets XII before it gets the others, though, as it got its own separate preview feature in the Direct before all the others were announced.

SE went completely silent on Every Buddy though, and IIRC, that was a Winter 2018 game, and well... 2018 is coming to an end.
Yeah, looks like it got delayed a bit...and really, I'm personally more than fine with that. The game will be more polished, and it'll be coming out in a better time of year. I have a feeling that game would've just gotten lost in the tide of the holiday season had it met its original date.

Ayirek

Oct 27, 2017
Do we know if this version of X has fast-forward? I'm just past Macalania on PS4, but would restart on Switch if that version has the same perks the Steam version has.

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I could definitely go for some portable FF12 right now, but I don't see Square releasing any of these ports until a bit after KH3 is out of the way. End of February at the earliest is my bet for when these games start releasing.

Coríu

Feb 27, 2018
Asturies
Have you guys heard anything about a physical release for FFXII in Europe? Seems like it's only been confirmed for North America so far.

Coríu

Feb 27, 2018
Asturies
Oh, this would be really nice. Can't wait to see the boxart.

final-fantasy-xii-zodiac-age-boxart-656x1112.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
ESRB also rated the Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remasters for Switch: http://www.esrb.org/ratings/Synopsis.aspx?Certificate=35918&Title=FINAL+FANTASY+X/X2+HD+Remaster

The Xbox One version of X/X-2 and XII got incorporated into the PS4/Windows versions of the ratings. There's also a Xbox One rating for Final Fantasy VII (included with the Windows version).

Despite that twitter saying its a recent rating, it's not in the past month according to the search engine. Of course, the ESRB doesn't have a rating for World of FF Maxima for Switch when it does for Xbox One.

hussien-11

Oct 27, 2017
Jordan
I just can't wait to get FFXII and FFX on Switch and play them on a portable for the first time (I didn't buy Vita version of FFX).
Switch is finally the device that will get all main jrpg games (DQ - FF - Persona - SMT - Tales - Pokemon - FE - Xenoblade) so I can play all of them without switching between many systems like I usually do.

portable FFXII is gonna be Awesome!

Mark H

Oct 27, 2017
I really hope that FF12 gets announced in Jan direct as "available today".
More portable JRPGs the better.

What-ok

Dec 13, 2017
PDX OR
I just can't wait to get FFXII and FFX on Switch and play them on a portable for the first time (I didn't buy Vita version of FFX).
Switch is finally the device that will get all main jrpg games (DQ - FF - Persona - SMT - Tales - Pokemon - FE - Xenoblade) so I can play all of them without switching between many systems like I usually do.

portable FFXII is gonna be Awesome!
Feel the same. Any word on FFXII release date or just the sometime in 2019 announcement?

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
So some of you folks are saying these games will be physical only in certain countries?
This seems to be the Square Enix / Capcom modus operandi.
Physical release in Japan. Everyone else should be happy to bloat their memory cards with their beefy games.

I'll be importing World of Final Fantasy Maxima in February and suspect I will need to do the same for X, X-2 and XII.

AgeEighty

Oct 25, 2017
Physical releases of VII and IX would be amazing. Especially for the irony of having FFVII on a cartridge.

Nov 23, 2017
Physical release in Japan. Everyone else should be happy to bloat their memory cards with their beefy games.

I'll be importing World of Final Fantasy Maxima in February and suspect I will need to do the same for X, X-2 and XII.

What about VII and IX? Will these Japanese releases have English voice acting and text?

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand

Is that actually happening? They're going to release a physical version months after the digital one? I hope so, I really want it physically (like I do for all of these games)!

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
Hell, they still probably won't even give enough of a shit to avoid the music bug in the Switch port of 7 (it's still in the PS4 version, three years after release)--much less get around to releasing 8. Though I'm praying for both.
T
Did they ever fix FF9s controls on PS4? I remember buying it the moment it went live, starting it up realising the controls were 8 way input only and turned it off before the stage show. It felt awful.

Oct 27, 2017

Unfortunately, they did not release a physical version World of Final Fantasy Maxima in Europe. So, I had to import from the US.
The lack of releasing physical copies by SquareEnix lately is kinda annoying me.

I really hope they will release physical editions of at least FFX & X-2 and FFXII on Xbox One in Europe.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Is that actually happening? They're going to release a physical version months after the digital one? I hope so, I really want it physically (like I do for all of these games)!
They are indeed. You can head to this link for all the details.

https:///wp-content/uploads/2018/12/wolrd-of-final-fantasy-maxima-boxart-sea-dec22018.jpg

Given that Southeast Asia release, you can probably expect Japanese text on the spine or at least one that's non-standard.

If you want a North American-style cover for it once the import releases, I can recommend Naytendo on Etsy.
I nabbed an Okami cover from them for my import Switch cart and they delivered in a timely fashion.

Here is what their World of Final Fantasy cover looks like...

il_fullxfull.1666742628_ptw5.jpg

Suspect I'll be doing the same routine for FFX, FFX-2 and FFXII. Haven't given much thought to VII and IX as I plan to go the digital route with those due to their small size.

Last edited:

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
They are indeed. You can head to this link for all the details.

https:///wp-content/uploads/2018/12/wolrd-of-final-fantasy-maxima-boxart-sea-dec22018.jpg

Given that Southeast Asia release, you can probably expect Japanese text on the spine or at least one that's non-standard.

If you want a North American-style cover for it once the import releases, I can recommend Naytendo on Etsy.
I nabbed an Okami cover from them for my import Switch cart and they delivered in a timely fashion.

Excellent! Glad I held out now, was thinking of getting the Xbox ver physically for my X or just getting digital Switch one day but now I'll try and pick it up on Switch physically!

Cool info on the Etsy link too, if I get a World of Final Fantasy one I can finally get an English cover for my Asian I am Setsuna too! I've had the file to print for ages but could never get it looking/sized right lol.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
I hope Zodiac Age comes soon. I'm so excited about playing it again even though I did one playthrough with the PC release already. Having it on the go is going to be crazy. Not to mention many more people will have a chance to play it

Is the box art really going to go back to just the logo ?

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Glad I decided to get a 400GB card for Black Friday and go digital on Switch, since knowing Square the west won't get physical versions.

Wish we were getting release dates announced by now though. I've borrowed/emulated both FF7 and FF9 and loved them so I'll be happy to buy them and replay them on my Switch. I never beat X back when it came out either so I'll do the whole thing proper here.

Cooking

Oct 27, 2017
Glad I decided to get a 400GB card for Black Friday and go digital on Switch, since knowing Square the west won't get physical versions.

Wish we were getting release dates announced by now though. I've borrowed/emulated both FF7 and FF9 and loved them so I'll be happy to buy them and replay them on my Switch. I never beat X back when it came out either so I'll do the whole thing proper here.

There are preorders up on amazon for physical copies of X/X-2 and XII