• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
I know but even from where this game starts to the furthest they've shown (Cosmo Canyon) is an enormous amount of game.
Think the furthest it shows is actually a cave inside Mount Nibel, with a raw materia crystal in the background.

It will go beyond that as well I'm sure, I mean if it goes that far it means Vincent is in it too. They're holding him back and Cait Sith for another trailer I guess

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
I think turning a 150+ GB game into a positive with "2 discs" marketing was pretty impressive lol

Everyone bought it hook line sinker 😂

Makoto Yuki

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious how much of that world is a like a fully open world in the modern sense, and if it is more like a series of Gran Pulse locales which link places together, and if it gets more linear later on.

To be clear, I kind of hope that is the approach here. I think it would suit the pacing and sense of adventure better than a super open and meandering game. I think that's what they're going to go for, and maybe they go for something much more expansive for the final part to accomodate some type of Highwind control.

Im A Hero Too mentioned its gonna be Zones. So probably not gonna pilot Highwind. Maybe in part 3, who knows.

Makoto Yuki

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
FyISd79WcAEhidm

yeah-baby-evil-dead.gif

I love that nobody cared that FFVII Remakes was two disks on PS4, but two disks on PS5 and everyone goes nuts lol.

Makoto Yuki

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I'd love if Rebirth used zones, and Part 3 connected those zones with actual world detail - but you could only see it from above in the Highwind, so it wouldn't need to be especially hi-res.

I think that would be an amazing way to tie it all together, controlling Highwind to revisit other parts of the previous two games. Hopefully something like this will happen.

Rickyrozay2o9

Dec 11, 2017
I'd love if Rebirth used zones, and Part 3 connected those zones with actual world detail - but you could only see it from above in the Highwind, so it wouldn't need to be especially hi-res.
Right most likely zones connected by points of interests, optional caves hopefully for loot ect. After watching max stream last night the chat pointed out that on the directional compas one of the destinations were 11k meters away(I believe that's the measurement) and that's pretty huge considering the distance you'd see in remake.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
Think the furthest it shows is actually a cave inside Mount Nibel, with a raw materia crystal in the background.

It will go beyond that as well I'm sure, I mean if it goes that far it means Vincent is in it too. They're holding him back and Cait Sith for another trailer I guess
You see the Whirlwind maze in the trailer when the Jenova Reunion takes place, that seems like the farthest, but it also looks like a vision. I hope they get to that part, or it might be anti-climatic, considering the second act builds up to it and follows the trail of the cloaked men.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
I remember thinking it was great timing. You had to physically change the disc after such a rough event.
Those Final Fantasy games all did that. They did disc changes at really dramatic points. I loved that at the time because it felt like moving on to the next chapter. Metal Gear Solid changes disc when you just walk down a warehouse stairway, pretty anticlimactic.

Apr 5, 2022
Hold on a moment, why are people saying everybody is dead in the first few seconds of the FF7 Rebirth trailer? I dont recall people being put on stretchers if they're dead so I'm sure they're just out of action/injured but I could see why people used it as "meme material" though even if they aren't actually dead XD;

Makoto Yuki

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Those Final Fantasy games all did that. They did disc changes at really dramatic points. I loved that at the time because it felt like moving on to the next chapter. Metal Gear Solid just changes disc when you just walk down a warehouse stairway, pretty anticlimactic.

True, but the pay off in MGS4 joking about the use of Bluray killing the disc change was a great pay off when you go through that same warehouse.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
FFVIIR kinda played like that except with some hybrid weird ass active turns thingie.

I probably never really understood it.
How do you have a Bayonetta avatar and actually think that lol?

VIIR plays very little like DMC/Bayo outside of both being action games in the most general sense.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
None of the Final Fantasy games are like DMC lol

Both FF games are about building up a pressure gauge on largely static enemies, not leveraging the movement properties and enemy reactions from attacks to weave together combos

Both are good, but very different. FF does not really support combo building the way character action does

Juryvicious

Oct 28, 2017
Just watched the trailer again and I'm even more hyped. It's a good mix of familiar and new feeling stuff.

The colors, the field of view, the draw distance, the variety of characters and races, everything looks fucking great!

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I want to play as Sephiroth so bad. And I don't mean Nibelheim flashback.

tapedeck

Oct 28, 2017
The 2 disc reactions lol, it was a good call for them to say it with their chest out.

So what's y'all's over/under on final file size?? PS5 discs are 100GB each right.. Im thinking well over 200GB with some downloaded content.

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
The 2 disc reactions lol, it was a good call for them to say it with their chest out.

So what's y'all's over/under on final file size?? PS5 discs are 100GB each right.. Im thinking well over 200GB with some downloaded content.

There is absolutely no reason to think this. I'm not sure if it's even true that all PS5 discs are 100GB, I know UHD Blu-ray discs also come in a 66GB format. For all we know, it could be like 120GB and come on 2 of them.

tapedeck

Oct 28, 2017
There is absolutely no reason to think this. I'm not sure if it's even true that all PS5 discs are 100GB, I know UHD Blu-ray discs also come in a 66GB format. For all we know, it could be like 120GB and come on 2 of them.
Uhhh what.

Why would they not use the 100GB discs if they need two to fit the whole game?? That makes zero sense. Please don't say 'just for the marketing'.

curtismyhero

Aug 29, 2018
I've really been thinking this morning what a Collectors Edition of Rebirth can look like. We already got Cloud and the Hardy Daytona for Pt. 1. Perhaps a Sephiroth and Jenova figure similar to how the Ifrit/Phoenix statue is from FF16? I'd absolutely LOVE to see, somehow, a Cid and Airship figure. It wouldn't make much sense, but it'd be bad ass none the less. Either way, I'm expecting to easily see an eye watering 450+ price tag on whatever it is they drop.

Makoto Yuki

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Actully each disc is a different protagonist. One disc to play as Cloud, the other to play as Zack.