• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
Yeah this really invites unfavorable comparisons with XVI for me, in that it builds off of VII's already excellent combat system with that Chrono Trigger style combo mechanic. Even if this whole thing feels a bit overlong in its story and pacing, it's really one of the best ARPG systems I've seen. Great that it's kinda taking an iterative approach here, where that would be a complaint with other games it's something that is worth building upon IMO cause there's a lot of potential still

Saturday

One Winged Slayer - Shinra Employee
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
jesus, the very beginning of the trailer is weird timeline plot shit

Yata

Feb 1, 2019
Spain
This trailer just goes to show how interesting remakes are when they drastically differ from the original. Completely lost on what the fuck was happening here and I am actually intrigued!

oty

Feb 28, 2023
Honestly I don't understand what more people want, so sick of the whining. The game looks incredible.
literally, and comparing it to other games like xvi. like fucking hell, this is the best time ever for a FF fan, people should stop trying to pitch these games as rivals

Oct 27, 2017
Yes Red playable, that was honestly my biggest worry after end of Remake.

Team up attacks look nice and the world looks real good. How far is this installation going to go?

AwShucks

Oct 27, 2017
Looks great but glad I accepted FF7R as being its own thing because man does this seem to setup some crazy story stuff. Also, trailer really reminding me why I chose Japanese for the VO in FF7R.

TheExtra

May 14, 2020
My only fear is that the anime grunts might be back.

Not sure I can deal with them again in an FF after I play FFXVI given how good the voice direction is over there (Koji be praised).

GarudaSmiles

Dec 14, 2018
It showed as far as the Northern Crater which is where a lot of people assumed the second game would end.

Tathanen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Lawd youtube compression is REALLY doing a number on this one, clean trailer please.

adz2ka

Nov 1, 2017
Dual techs niccceeeeee
Yuffie on the back of Red XIII was awesome.

Also, unless it's just for trailer purposes, looks like there's a major stats shrink

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
2 discs. Thank fucking god.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
In Japanese, Sephiroth specifically says he killed Tifa so its definitely him fucking with Cloud's head.

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
FFXVI is not a looker to be absolutely frank.

FF7R back in 2020 on PS4 was far more impressive compared to Rebirth as a 2024 release on PS5 only, maybe it will look better but dunno.
I gotta be honest, the characters kinda look goofy walkin' down the hill in the part where the deer run past them. Maybe they'll fix that before release, but that doesn't look good.

Yurei

Feb 28, 2023
Will Vincent or Cid be playable?

Will the game be full RPG length due to it being far more open than FF7 Remake?

There's so much I want to know. Easily my most anticipated 2024 game.

Message from Tetsuya Nomura

LaytonWright

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
FyIOPkxaUAkf8qu

Yata

Feb 1, 2019
Spain
I've seen some people pointing out that Tifa's name is directly stated in Sephiroth's final lines in the JP trailer. Might not be misdirection, you all. They might be really doing this.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I cannot believe how good it looks, I have to fucking play this on my TV.

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
In Japanese, Sephiroth specifically says he killed Tifa so its definitely him fucking with Cloud's head.
Fits with the first trailer where Tifa asks someone (probably Cloud) if he thinks she's some kind of imposter.

Tifa pushing back against Cloud's Nibelheim memory is a very interesting difference.

Chilikar

Dec 15, 2018
The discs themselves are larger and the PS5 is better at streaming assets, with PS4 versions of games often being larger then PS5. I believe the PS5 version of VII Remake also only came on one disc.

Basically, the game is going to be huuuuge.
Wow I didn't know they were larger.

Also a really good point about the ps5 streaming capabilities, I forgot all about the whole SSD and kraken compression stuff they talked about during launch.

Gonna be cool to see just how expansive this game is

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
I doubt it'll happen but considering VIIR had a level 50 cap and this starts almost immediately I wonder if we'll start at "level 50" and go up to 99

Stoof

Oct 25, 2017
literally, and comparing it to other games like xvi. like fucking hell, this is the best time ever for a FF fan, people should stop trying to pitch these games as rivals
The threads about these two games are going to be extremely tiring very quickly but fuck it, can't dampen my hype