AEF1907

Fallen Guardian Corrupted by Vengeance
Dec 18, 2021
This music video fan arrangement of the original is clearly for you, my friend -- specifically this part at 1:10 :

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iq6K1rIR8MQ&t=70s

2351bc65b2b5d75cef146b7edddf805b.gif

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
Well while I'm still annoyed they decided fo change the story up** I'm glad they are doing FFVII justice by making the remake a really good game and not just phoning it in.

**I personally wanted a remake mostly for graphics but also gameplay but didn't really want the story touched other then some modernization. Put it this way, I loved what they had done with the story until the twist ending.

OmniStrife

Dec 11, 2017
Watch FFVII-R3 get 96 and it officially becoming the GOAT trilogy in gaming! Let's fucking MOSEYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
Hard mode locked from the start again huh?
Hard mode is poorly named. It's really an NG+ difficulty. It's balanced around endgame stats and abilities. If they unlocked that mode from the start, it would probably be literally impossible.

There is a dynamic difficulty setting now which uses level scaling to keep enemies on par with the player. We don't know how much harder it will be but it may be worth checking out for a more challenging first playthrough.

crimmy88

Aug 7, 2023
Can we finally say that Square is back with its AAA production? Remake, XVI, and Rebirth have been well-received.

Toth

Oct 26, 2017
I really wish we could stop making this about dunking on or praising FFXVI.

There's value in discussing what CBU3 could learn from Rebirth, for sure, but just shitting on them or getting defensive over them does not lead to fun or interesting or useful conversations.

You're right. Though they aren't working on FFXVII so whatever team is, they should definitely see that more extra side content is worthwhile, especially from a critical component.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
As someone who finished FF7 Remake last night, and had that be my only time playing through a version of FF7, I absolutely loved it and can't fucking wait for this. Especially knowing that Rebirth will likely solve most of my biggest issues with Remake, namely the same-y brown and gray environments, and it being a 40 hour game on corridors. I'm playing through Intermission this weekend, and then can't wait to get into some more open, varied environments.

Happy to read you enjoyed it (with caveats). I keep reading some OG fans continue to claim that people wouldn't be able to enjoy Remake Trilogy with no knowledge of the original, so always pleased to see this not be the case for some.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, why even play it at this point? This just sounds miserable lol
Well I can still be wrong. And I love the characters and this is the best they've ever been. Except Sephiroth. He's wack but he has been for years. Dude was better off just being Jaws with beautiful hair.

My love for the characters and crush on Saeko is a big reason why I was ok with how ___mid___ Y8's story was. 😂
Only in chapter 5 right now but so far same except it's Chitose. But probably back to Saeko later on. And also the combat is fun enough and the music slaps. Honestly I'll be more than happy if Rebirth's story is so much as mid.

plow

Oct 28, 2017
Y'all remember when people said there is no way to make the FF7 world open World and make it interesting?

chocolate

Feb 28, 2018
Publishers, for better or for worse, have become very focused on MC scores. Congrats to the team for seemingly cracking 90 and I hope this grants them a lot of respect and trust from Square going forward.

It definitely matters.

Not just for publishers, but for gamers as well.

Some like to say metacritic scores don't matter but...

If a game they like scores highly, oh it matters all right because they're on the winning side.

If a game they like doesn't score highly, then review scores don't matter.

Publishers care about review scores because for gamers, It's basically sport at this point. They care because gamers care.

Nayenezgani

Jan 16, 2021
I mean I literally had a panic attack and ragequit the demo last night after the Terror from the Deep boss killed me four times before I could do any meaningful damage to it. This is the problem I have with the game - enemies are just way too aggressive and way too agile, and do WAY too much damage, whereas recovering from the damage they do is sluggish and difficult and enemies love to punish you in the middle of animations, taking away all of your resources and giving you even more damage you now have to recover from.

Not to sound glib, but can't you just turn the combat difficulty down? I mean it sounds like you have personal reasons to not enjoy the design, which isn't precisely an issue with the system as much as how you and the game mesh on the standard difficulty.

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
Y'all remember when people said there is no way to make the FF7 world open World and make it interesting?
I don't remember hearing that? I think a lot of people (myself included) doubted that Square Enix specifically could make an open world interesting hahaha.

Plus, Remake was so linear that I think it was just kind of expected to be that with maybe a bit bigger areas.

Happy to read you enjoyed it (with caveats). I keep reading some OG fans continue to claim that people wouldn't be able to enjoy Remake Trilogy with no knowledge of the original, so always pleased to see this not be the case for some.
I would always recommend that people play the original, but it's absolutely possible to enjoy Remake without it. Hell, I'm followed two streamers who played Remake as their first FF game ever and they *adored* it.

HououinKyouma

The Wise Ones
Oct 27, 2017
Looking for a spoiler-free answer if possible (yes/no) - do you need to play the side content in order to get a certain ending? Or is just one static ending?

Please respond with spoiler tag in case people don't want to know!

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
how big of a spoiler it is? Thank you though
I assume this is what that poster was referencing:

"Your decisions also impact a very specific and highly anticipated event found later in the game, but thankfully, once you complete the game, you can easily jump back to chapters and replay them in hopes of seeing a different outcome."
I didn't really interpret it as a spoiler (I assume it's just referring to the date sequence at the Gold Saucer from the original game) but who knows

nonoriri

Apr 30, 2020
If you get the preorder that comes with Intergrade, can you play Intergrade right away?

I realized I never played it so it would be cool to knock it out before Rebirth.

Fright Zone

Dec 17, 2017
London
Holy moly. I wasn't going to get this day one as I'm still doing my Hard playthrough of Remake but damn, I need to get on this now.

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know if a hard mode playthrough is required for the platinum trophy?

Saito Hikari

Jul 3, 2021
It definitely matters.

Not just for publishers, but for gamers as well.

Some like to say metacritic scores don't matter but...

If a game they like scores highly, oh it matters all right because they're on the winning side.

If a game they like doesn't score highly, then review scores don't matter.

Publishers care about review scores because for gamers, It's basically sport at this point. They care because gamers care.
There's also publishers that have spent enough time in the industry to have sales data corresponding to review scores by now. They've likely seen enough to assume that 90+ is a magical number that switches on interest among people that would otherwise give this a pass, with 95+ being a free ticket into 10+ million sales mainstream status.