Bro what they got Barret wearing!?!!!?
Barrets Iconic Sailor Outfit.
FAji5ARXoAAK8i0.jpg

Lunatic

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm it seems that Kinda Funny mentioned there's not enough enemy variety and specifically
mentioned a very particular enemy nor apearing, I'm talking about the Triceratops
which is bummer for sure if true..

That's a shame but i'm hoping the Devil Rides appear somehow, those are just as silly.

Atom

Jul 25, 2021
Just woke up

Holy fuck they broke the 90 curse. Didn't think it would actually happen

Why is this game a week away...

Final Fantasy is back I guess.

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
She's a writer though, not sure she really wants to take a shot at being a director. Especially given what happened to Matsuno.
Definitely, and she should only do it if she wants to. But we see transitions like that in the FF series all the time. Maehiro was primarily a writer, Toriyama was primarily a writer I think (could be wrong there), hell, Nomura was a character designer to start and started writing with FFVII.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Anyway im still in the middle of my first OG FF7 playthrough (made it to Golden Saucer), wonder how Ill approach playing this, whether to finish all of FF7 first or just the Rebirth matching portion lol.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018

I'd love to see him directing FF XVII (or, well, XVIII...).

And, as much as I think new blood is sorely needed and as much as I hate a lot of the stuff they come up with, I'd be excited to see what Nomura and Nojima could cook with a brand new FF. No ties to anything, full freedom, fresh world and cast.

I wonder what's next for Nomura after Part 3. Beyond KH and random games he's the producer and/or the character designer of, I mean.

Gibson

Oct 29, 2017
Personally I don't care if they don't nail the ending here, because the story doesn't end until the end of part 3. That's where it will truly count.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
As a fan of minigames in RPGs and as a die-hard fan specifically of card games in RPGs miss you xenocard

I am pleased.

Rutger

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope they are focusing on their own up and FFXIV though as XVI clearly slowed their output.

I don't think FFXVI hurt FFXIV as much as many like to think.

Endwalker had a lot being worked on for itself during that time. The graphics update, trusts and dungeon reworks, and the Xbox version, those are all more likely to be the cause in the dip in content than FFXVI was imo.

They can handle another FF alongside FFXIV, especially if they build off of what they already created. Hell, if they are already working on something then Dawntrail's packed content already proves they can pull both off.

ozumas

Born to be Wise and Corrupted by Vengeance
Dec 15, 2020
Definitely, and she should only do it if she wants to. But we see transitions like that in the FF series all the time. Maehiro was primarily a writer, Toriyama was primarily a writer I think (could be wrong there), hell, Nomura was a character designer to start and started writing with FFVII.

We really need a girl directing a Final Fanasy, we've already have a Final Fantasy written by her and turn out to be one of the best Final Fantasy experience ever created so.... yeah.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
do they still got barret talking like a team mr t?

Yuuber

Oct 28, 2017
I was expecting around 90, this is great. I can't wait to play and then be disgusted by the changes to the story :D

RoboitoAM

Oct 25, 2017
Cannot wait for the PC release, really hope they add DLSS/FSR and more than 1 graphics option this time

Mocha Joe

Jun 2, 2021
Did any reviewers comment if the dogwater and mid side quests return in Rebirth?

One of my biggest complaints in Remake

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
Anyway im still in the middle of my first OG FF7 playthrough (made it to Golden Saucer), wonder how Ill approach playing this, whether to finish all of FF7 first or just the Rebirth matching portion lol.
Have you played Remake?

I always recommend finishing the OG first because the Remake Trilogy is definitely designed to stand alongside it, not replace it. But you can definitely enjoy the Remake games without having played it!

We really need a girl directing a Final Fanasy, we've already have a Final Fantasy written by her and turn out to be one of the best Final Fantasy experience ever created so.... yeah.
One of the things that really makes me lean toward CBU3 doing XVII is simply the fact that I can't see how they would pass up on having Ishikawa at least write a new mainline FF game after Shadowbringers and Endwalker's stories were so well received.

And with Ishikawa stepping away from active writing and into a more supervisory role on XIV (getting some leadership experience, maybe?), she's almost gotta be cooking up *something*, even if its not FFXVII.

ozumas

Born to be Wise and Corrupted by Vengeance
Dec 15, 2020
Have you played Remake?

I always recommend finishing the OG first because the Remake Trilogy is definitely designed to stand alongside it, not replace it. But you can definitely enjoy the Remake games without having played it!

One of the things that really makes me lean toward CBU3 doing XVII is simply the fact that I can't see how they would pass up on having Ishikawa at least write a new mainline FF game after Shadowbringers and Endwalker's stories were so well received.

And with Ishikawa stepping away from active writing and into a more supervisory role on XIV (getting some leadership experience, maybe?), she's almost gotta be cooking up *something*, even if its not FFXVII.

I know we are eating with FF16 and now 7 rebirth but Final Fantasy future is surely in good hands, I am so hyped

Mocha Joe

Jun 2, 2021
Also wait, is this now Square Enix's highest rated modern title ever?

Comparing to the older games on metacritic isn't fair cuz they have like 10 reviews vs 100+

nDesh

The Three Eyed Raven
Oct 27, 2017

Reveiews have never particularly cared about technical jank in performance mode. Elden Ring was proof of that. It's a complaint reserved largely for enthusiast forums like this.

yeah performance mode still needs to be fixed, full stop.

But usually they won't knock a game for this unless it has a slew of other issues. The game on its own is strong enough if you disregard perf mode, and I'm glad to know that, but the devs still need to address this as soon as possible.
I'm not saying it in that way.

It's more of a question, to know if the performance mode was fixed or if the quality mode is perfectly playable.

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Hmm it seems that Kinda Funny mentioned there's not enough enemy variety and specifically
mentioned a very particular enemy nor apearing, I'm talking about the Triceratops
which is bummer for sure if true..
I have heard it's a hidden boss now, which does fit, they've made a lot of the larger iconic enemies bosses

KodiakGTS

Jun 4, 2018
Seems like a definite improvement on FF7R. I am checking my hype a bit though, seems like every reviewer that gave it an 8-8.5 is echoing my issues with the first game (overly bloated, doesn't respect your time) so I suspect I'll feel similar about this one.

Great first few months of the year for RPG fans with this and Yakuza.

pyxl_8

Oct 27, 2017
I was skimming the Eurogamer review and saw the screenshot of Red XIII in the Shinra soldier's uniform (spoiler for the original FF7) and I wish I hadn't just for the shock value in game.

AvianAviator

▲ Legend ▲
Jun 23, 2021

Are you me? Literally just got to gold saucer last night on my first playthrough!

I think we'll get a better full picture if we finish the original first. (Though I have considered picking up that ever crisis game too...)

Brodo Baggins

Oct 27, 2017
Damnn 93 hell yes, seems like 90+ is locked in even if it drifts down a bit. SE really cooked with this one!

Really stark universal acclaim compared to the lukewarm attitude many had in the demo and review predictions thread.

I always had faith!

double_heist

Nov 19, 2019
Also wait, is this now Square Enix's highest rated modern title ever?

Comparing to the older games on metacritic isn't fair cuz they have like 10 reviews vs 100+

If you mean Square Enix titles, then yup. It's one of the very few to reach 90+, the 90+ ones are (initial releases, not including rerelease ++ editions):

- Final Fantasy XII - 92
- Final Fantasy XIV Endwalker - 92
- Final Fantasy XIV Shadowbringer - 90
- Final Fantasy VII Rebirth - 93

TheWildCard

Jun 6, 2020
Big scores! Reading through some reviews it sounds like it still has similar strengths and weaknesses as Remake, but the highs are even better, so if you're down with Remakes vibes you'll be very happy with this.

Interesting some of reviews saying it's almost too faithful to the original at times, while going really out there at the end as expected.