Akabeko

Oct 27, 2017
I'm glad they are taking the time they need. I'm waiting until next-gen to play Cyberpunk, so personally I'm ok with those two dates being so close, but I do think it sucks for people that were planning on playing both.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's not about bias.
Cyberpunk will eat pretty much all early games buzz and saleswise it will do way, way better than FF7R.
Do you want to bet? )

Releasing FF7R so close to Cyberpunk 2077 is not the smartest idea on the planet, but it's Square Enix lol
Yeah it's not the smartest idea for Cyberpunk, They would benefit from moving out of the way because FF7R will do way better than it.

Quinton

Staff Writer at TheGamer / Reviewer at RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar, With Love
I just hope folks don't expect additional content past what we know from datamines. A five-week delay almost always means last-second bug-squashing needs 2-3 extra weeks to reach an adequate state prior to the game going gold.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
If the game is over 40 hours it may have to wait until after Cyberpunk. I juggle a bunch of games, just not big 'main course' RPGs that I haven't played before.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Fuck. Well if it comes down to it this will always take precedence over Cyberpunk for me.

MickZan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's not about bias.
Cyberpunk will eat pretty much all early games buzz and saleswise it will do way, way better than FF7R.
Do you want to bet? )

Releasing FF7R so close to Cyberpunk 2077 is not the smartest idea on the planet, but it's Square Enix lol

I don't think FF7 will lose any noticable sales. It will be a behemoth, just like Cyberpunk will. FF7 will sell on nostalgia alone.

Big G

Oct 27, 2017
Damn. I was initially thinking "yay, now I can play Ori on day 1!" but this further complicates matters.

March 11 - Ori and the Will of the Wisps
March 13 - Nioh 2
March 20 - Doom Eternal
April 3 - Resident Evil 3
April 10 - Final Fantasy VII
April 16 - Cyberpunk 2077

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm kinda hoping Cyberpunk gets delayed. Forgive me.

Miang

Oct 28, 2017
Sigh, can't move my weeks annual leave as ours has to be booked way ahead. And it's bang in the school Easter holidays anyway so I'll be entertaining the kids in the day on my days off. I'll be counting down the minutes until bedtime lmao

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Maaaaaan, Cyberpunk is in trouble :p

Cyberpunk is very anticipated as well, but you gotta assume that at least some people who were planning on buying Cyberpunk on Day 1 will just get FF7R instead and wait for a sale and vice versa. FF7R will probably be hurt less than Cyberpunk, but it's not good for either game.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
A delay like this is weird to me, but maybe I only notice it cause it's a game I care about.

When a delay comes out of nowhere but is this super short thing it makes me think that they must have a lot of tech debt on this project. But I know nothing really about how game dev works.

Everything we've seen has been super polished and refined, so I wonder. I definitely don't subscribe to the idea that this is good news though, like you can just delay games forever and ever and they will get more good the more delayed they are.

Anyway who knows what's going on. Now I'm actually kind of curious about that demo.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Animal Crossing got them shook, so they figured they have a better chance against Cyberpunk.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Just when I booked my days off for March.

It releases Good Friday so I might not get the game if the delivery company decides not to work on that day.

Good News is I don't have to take any time off since my work closes Good Friday and Easter Monday.

Villein

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
was going to be day 1 for me in march but with it now being so close to Cyberpunk..its sadly going to have to wait

Oct 30, 2017
Nope, I think it's hilarous that people are thinking cyberpunk is going to blow away FF7R.

Lol, okay... I love FF7R, but cyberpunk will easily outsell it.

Part 1 of a game (a great game!)... or full 60 to 100 hour first person RPG from the people that made the witcher? Hmmmm, what do you think people are going to choose with their money if they can only buy one.

Snowfruit

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 8, 2018
United States
Man, FF7R and Cyberpunk are my two most anticipated games. The release dates seemed perfect because I would have enough time in between them.
Now I'll probably have to wait on one of them.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
A delay like this is weird to me, but maybe I only notice it cause it's a game I care about.

When a delay comes out of nowhere but is this super short thing it makes me think that they must have a lot of tech debt on this project. But I know nothing really about how game dev works.

Everything we've seen has been super polished and refined, so I wonder. I definitely don't subscribe to the idea that this is good news though, like you can just delay games forever and ever and they will get more good the more delayed they are.

Anyway who knows what's going on. Now I'm actually kind of curious about that demo.

Strategically, it's a horrible move so I'm assuming that parts of the game are a buggy mess and they're hoping that they can get everything fixed with another month. I think there's a very high chance that there will be a second delay closer to launch.