• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ULTROS!

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

• The watchmen of fate (the black mist in the trailer) are mysterious beings that appear before the party wherever they go. I hope that even those who have played the original game will enjoy the new elements.
  • There are quite a bit of dialogue options. We are making it so the dialogue changes depending on your response, so the sheer volume of dialogue has increased.
  • The Honey Bee Inn cross-dressing event is still in. We've made it more modern. If we made the facility like we did in the original game, the physical unease would be staggering, so that was no good…
  • There are quite a few additions to the scenario. While the main story itself hasn't changed, there are a countless number of new events. Otherwise we wouldn't have two Blu-ray discs. (Laughs.)
  • Aerith and Tifa are double heroines. One has a western-style look and the other an eastern-style look.
  • We wanted Tifa to have abs, so she has an athletic body type. The ethics department at Square Enix also told us that we had to tighten her chest as not to get unnatural during all the intense action. From there we got the black underwear and fitted tank top.
  • With an emphasis on immersion and exhilaration, you can fight without stress through the use of shortcuts. When you open the command menu, time slows and you can fight like a command battle.
  • Each playable character has different enemy affinities.
  • An item is required for MP recovery.
  • For the sake of level design, we're preparing a few new enemies where necessary.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
  • There are quite a few additions to the scenario. While the main story itself hasn't changed, there are a countless number of new events. Otherwise we wouldn't have two Blu-ray discs. (Laughs.)
That's troll for bloat.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Very interested in seeing how the Honey Bee Inn event will go now in the modernized version.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
"watchmen of fate"? Fuck they're going to let you save Aerith aren't they? Jesus fuck.

Dernhelm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
As long as they make the playground fully interactive. Cloud needs a slide to take his mind off shit sometimes.

whiteninja

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I thought Honeybee Inn and the crossdressing part were two different parts although I may be misremembering it, its been years since I played.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
What did you do to recover MP before? I don't remember
Ethers (MP recovery items), elixirs, inns or tents at save points.
I thought Honeybee Inn and the crossdressing part were two different parts although I may be misremembering it, its been years since I played.
You needed to go there to get one of the clothing items for it.
"watchmen of fate"? Fuck they're going to let you save Aerith aren't they? Jesus fuck.
Not the impression I'm getting from that, especially if they still want Advent Children to count (with the use of tracks from it during the last conference for this, I would think it's still on their minds).

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
We wanted Tifa to have abs, so she has an athletic body type. The ethics department at Square Enix also told us that we had to tighten her chest as not to get unnatural during all the intense action. From there we got the black underwear and fitted tank top.

Thank god for this, now if only they gave her some muscle definition in her arms and made them slightly bigger. And no I'm not saying make her jacked so don't even start with me.

Nov 2, 2017
Shibuya
Man I hope they let you diverge hard in some sequences. The great thing about FFVII is that it exists and nothing will change that, but I'd love to explore other possibilities and this version could offer that! The possibility of new stuff thrills me tbh, haha.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe the Honey Bee and Don Corneo will now be changed to a Bobby Kotick type or sneaking into some greedy tech publisher.

Isayas

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Ethers (MP recovery items), elixirs, inns or tents at save points.

You needed to go there to get one of the clothing items for it.

Not the impression I'm getting from that, especially if they still want Advent Children to count (with the use of tracks from it during the last conference for this, I would think it's still on their minds).

It has nothing to do with Advent Children. It was cut from the original game.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand how you got to this conclusion
Their first appearance is trying to grab Aerith and her grabbing Cloud and asking for his help. They are called watchmen of fate so basically Death which we all know has a lot to do with Aerith. It might end up just being some added foreshadowing on their part but it could also mean something you can do to save Aerith (which I think hurts the story to some extent as that is such an iconic moment but whatever).

Slime

Oct 25, 2017
If the "watchmen of fate" are those dweebs from the shitty movie I'll be pissed

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
We wanted Tifa to have abs, so she has an athletic body type. The ethics department at Square Enix also told us that we had to tighten her chest as not to get unnatural during all the intense action. From there we got the black underwear and fitted tank top
Really? There's so much to unpack in this one bullet point. An ethics department. Tifa apparently has abs. 🤔

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Aerith is still totally getting shanked. That's important for the finale and Advent Children.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
It has nothing to do with Advent Children. It was cut from the original game.
I meant the idea of giving the option to save her, which would contradict the events of AC. Not sure if you meant that the watchers of fate were cut from the original or plans for the chance to save Aerith, but I definitely remember the latter never being a thing.
If the "watchmen of fate" are those dweebs from the shitty movie I'll be pissed
Those three were considered manifestations of Sephiroth's will and apparently were referred to as "Remnants". This is something different.

Isayas

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
I meant the idea of giving the option to save her, which would contradict the events of AC. Not sure if you meant that the watchers of fate were cut from the original or plans for the chance to save Aerith, but I definitely remember the latter never being a thing.

The main layout will remain the same. You have nothing to worry about.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
They can come up with loads of ways to save Aeris like with Tidus, but I can't see how that would make the story and themes better, other than shock value and to pander to people who missed the point and got excited about cheats on how to bring her back.

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
While I don't think you can save her, I don't think Advent Children matters. I was under the impression from the E3 interviews that SE is looking at this remake as an "alternate" version of FF7, not a replacement. That's why they made a point of saying Steve Burton and the other OG voices will return in any non-remake titles (ie, sequels or spinoffs)