Should this thread contain open spoilers?

• Yes

Votes: 1,406 73.4%
  • No

Votes: 510 26.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CelestialAtom

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 26, 2017
The most creative of which is.....

ENsjPCaXYAM0ysT

This is my favorite on there. XD

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have never seen in my life people asking so much for a demo.

Can't say they are wrong though.

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
I have never seen in my life people asking so much for a demo.

Can't say they are wrong though.
I've said for a while that I think releasing a demo is smart for this game. There's a lot of justified cynicism around it but almost everyone who's played it have given glowing impressions.

Plus, I really think the demo can help demonstrate the new combat system to people who didn't really dig FFXV's combat and may be wary of action combat because of it.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What was the deadline again for when Square's store will charge your card for the SOLDIER 1st Class Edition?

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Wednesday 22nd January but will get a reminder email on the Monday the 20th.

Thank you.

I've been tempted several times to make a thread to try and talk me out of paying so much for it, but...if there was ever ONE expensive limited edition release of a highly anticipated dream game, this would be the one.

So as it stands I'm keeping the pre-order....but you can still try to talk me out of it.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you.

I've been tempted several times to make a thread to try and talk me out of paying so much for it, but...if there was ever ONE expensive limited edition release of a highly anticipated dream game, this would be the one.

So as it stands I'm keeping the pre-order....but you can still try to talk me out of it.

I already paid it to prevent me getting cold feet. I reserved my copy before the E3 conference had ended. Lol

I think the same thing. If there is collectors edition worth spending a bit extra on it would be this. Hell I am putting money away for the part 2 collectors edition already.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I already paid it to prevent me getting cold feet. I reserved my copy before the E3 conference had ended. Lol

I think the same thing. If there is collectors edition worth spending a bit extra on it would be this. Hell I am putting money away for the part 2 collectors edition already.

More than anything I'm hoping the Cloud+Bike combo is good quality.

Wasn't the Noctis figure from the FFXV ultimate edition prone to having its arms and legs break off?

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Dmc5 demo thirst was real.

People played the shit out of it too
I played it an embarrasing amount of times (the RE2 I would have too, but the whole one-shot nature of it made it bothersome).

This one is, I feel, on a slightly different level tbh. Especially since it is so long. I was honestly expecting 15 minutes at maximum, but here we are, 40 or so minutes.

It would have been really cool to have this shadow drop on the anniversary. What a bummer.

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
Demo wouldn't be announced by Square so you're searching at the wrong place. It's going to be announced by Sony as was evident in their major highlight of FFVII yesterday at their press conference treating it like a first party game. People here don't realize just how deeply Sony is involved with this. FFVII is very important to them as it defines the PS's iconic history and vice versa for FFVII.

hKnNAnH.png

Sony's been wanting the remake to happen since the PS3 tech demo so you have to think of what events that could possibly happen. The most obvious one is State of Play and that needs to happen soon considering they need to announce the PS5 meeting for next month + Patapon 2\FFVII:R Demo. I imagine it's this month so just be patient. Might even see a teaser for part 2 at the PS5 meeting.

Last edited:

Noctis0Stella

Mar 17, 2019
Demo wouldn't be announced by Square so you're searching at the wrong place. It's going to be announced by Sony as was evident in their major highlight of FFVII yesterday at their press conference treating it like a first party game. People here don't realize just how deeply Sony is involved with this. FFVII is very important to them as it defines the PS's iconic history and vice versa for FFVII.

hKnNAnH.png

Sony's been wanting the remake to happen since the PS3 tech demo so you have to think of what events that could possibly happen. The most obvious one is State of Play and that needs to happen soon considering they need to announce the PS5 meeting for next month. I imagine it's this month so just be patient. Might even see a teaser for part 2 at the PS5 meeting.
Don't do this to me, please

demu

AVALANCHE
Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I'd be so pissed if I won't be able to play FFVII Remake because of WWIII. Release the fucking demo for God's sake.

Oct 25, 2017
Makes sense since people will be wondering what happens after Part 1. Can't think of a better way to tease it then at the PS5 meeting and reveal it's not for PS4 but PS5. It's either that or it'll be at Sony's E3 this year.

I don't think they'll tease part 2 at all before part 1 is even released. We MIGHT get something at E3 as the game will have been out by then, but even still you're risking showing it way too early.

The Last One

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, definitely not seeing Part 2 being teased before Part 1 even comes out. They could tease FF XVI though.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
After they were silent on Part 1 for so long and didn't give it a proper reveal until it was less than a year out from release I'm hoping that we won't get another super early announcement for future Parts.

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
Yeah, definitely not seeing Part 2 being teased before Part 1 even comes out. They could tease FF XVI though.

They can tease the second part while not being related to the first part being out or not. First part is out a month later. Marketing is marketing. And if the game is showcasing the PS5 they are absolutely going to show it off. FFXVI is likely however. It's been in development for awhile now and they revealed FFXV\KH3 similarly.

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
I don't think they'll tease part 2 at all before part 1 is even released. We MIGHT get something at E3 as the game will have been out by then, but even still you're risking showing it way too early.

Ehhh, if they've hit the ground running on it due to part 1's foundation and have a bunch done by E3, I could see them doing something very limited just to reassure people that it's really happening. There's still a lot of pessimists out there who think part 2 will take another 5 years.

Oct 25, 2017
Ehhh, if they've hit the ground running on it due to part 1's foundation and have a bunch done by E3, I could see them doing something very limited just to reassure people that it's really happening. There's still a lot of pessimists out there who think part 2 will take another 5 years.

I mean it might take a while. Sure they have the foundation set up, but games still take a long time to make. Don't get your hopes up about part 2 showing up at E3. I'm just not expecting it.

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
If we see a tease for Part 2 it'll be a post credit movie. The next place we'd hear anything would be E3 at the earliest but I doubt it. We'll maybe get FFXVI reveal this year, it'll come out in 2021. 2022 we'll see part 2 but may not release till 2023. Like i'm sure square would be happy to have a new FF game every other year and the off years for other properties like NieR and KH.

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
about next month, square will be there 99% likely, they are always there with a new game trailer or a tech demo

TheJollyCorner

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
They can tease the second part while not being related to the first part being out or not. First part is out a month later. Marketing is marketing. And if the game is showcasing the PS5 they are absolutely going to show it off. FFXVI is likely however. It's been in development for awhile now and they revealed FFXV\KH3 similarly.

Show FFVII's beautiful, expansive green fields of the overworld that will be in FFVIIR-2: with the POWA of PS5!!
System selling tease right there. 😉

Tetsujin

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Post-credits scene, probably. Secret ending, I doubt.

Really no point in making you work to unlock a teaser for the next part to a 23-year old story.

Watch it be OG Versus XIII Noctis waking up in Midgar or some shit

The Last One

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
At the PS4 meeting Square was only there to announce that they would show the next mainline Final Fantasy at E3. No trailers at all.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
I will say we will get FFXVI announcment this year at E3 or PS5 reveal and released next year. Then part 2 in early 2022

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
I mean it might take a while. Sure they have the foundation set up, but games still take a long time to make. Don't get your hopes up about part 2 showing up at E3. I'm just not expecting it.

Neither am I, I'm just not quite ruling it out yet. The only way I can ever see it happening is if they're REALLY desperate to reassure petiole, and they shouldn't be - part 2 will sell gangbusters no matter what.

Something I want to know, though, is whether the one-year timed PlayStation exclusivity will also be on the following games (just, of course, on the PS5 next time).

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I will say we will get FFXVI announcment this year at E3 or PS5 reveal and released next year. Then part 2 in early 2022

No way in hell Square has their shit together that well. It'll be XVI in 2022 and part 2 in 2023. Or vice versa. Expecting them to be adequately prepared for a generation transition is a recipe for disappointment.

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
No way in hell Square has their shit together that well. It'll be XVI in 2022 and part 2 in 2023. Or vice versa. Expecting them to be adequately prepared for a generation transition is a recipe for disappointment.

Ehhh, this generational transition IS supposed to be by far the smoothest and easiest ever for multiple reasons. I still agree with Part 2 in 2023 though.

Status
Not open for further replies.