Should this thread contain open spoilers?

• Yes

Votes: 1,406 73.4%
  • No

Votes: 510 26.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Do you think playing through the original will detract from or enhance my experience with the remake? I already know about the major spoilers that have been out there for years. It seems that this remake is designed with people who have already played the original in mind, so I'm guessing there will still be plenty of new stuff and nods to old fans?

Play the original.

If you already know the major surprises, then you have nothing to lose.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
Cool that they're giving away a Free Theme. Already got the Demo downloaded so looking forward to that theme as well.

Really want that Tifa theme, but looking at the Butterfinger thread.......eff that lol

flyover

Oct 26, 2017
Do you think playing through the original will detract from or enhance my experience with the remake? I already know about the major spoilers that have been out there for years. It seems that this remake is designed with people who have already played the original in mind, so I'm guessing there will still be plenty of new stuff and nods to old fans?
I think it may enhance the experience--especially since you're already spoiled on some big stuff. I think of the new one as more of an adaptation than a remake, so it's sort of like reading a book and then having a chance to see the TV show based on the book. And I bet there will indeed be plenty of nods to the old fans.

PARAdoja

Oct 27, 2017
I hope someone will sell the seph theme code for cheap somewhere else (also the butterfinger one)

I'd love to have all the characters.

Estarossa

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow, they actually put effort in to those PS4 themes. Is the collab theme with FFXIV dynamic as well or is it just two static mages fading in and out when switching between main and sub menu bar?

Malkier

Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow, they actually put effort in to those PS4 themes. Is the collab theme with FFXIV dynamic as well or is it just two static mages fading in and out when switching between main and sub menu bar?
Appears it just rotates screen shots and slowly and slightly pans in or out, only noticed 4 screens. 2 characters faces and 2 city images.

Knightsoftheround

Alt Account
Banned
Mar 7, 2020
Do we think there is any chance this is getting delayed due to Corona? It's ramping up quickly which may stop the physical distribution of the game I suppose?

Do you think they will still do a digital only release if required?

Randroid

Oct 28, 2017
Noticed the first theme has the overworld music playing. First time I've heard it for the remake, I think? And also why is the song there when the remake stops at the part where the overworld begins aaaah. That's gonna be one hell of a tease, if they start playing it and then 'to be continued'...

Malkier

Oct 25, 2017
What are they hidding behind that black box? Unless it was a dev kit feature they didn't want to show I'm not sure I seen a theme presented like that though.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
I realise that but if the virus stops the physical disribution of the game (which is a big possibilty) then SE may not want a digital only release as it would affect numbers.

I believe the first delay was for disc production when the virus first hit China slowing production. Even with the virus there hasn't been much disruption in distribution of goods.

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
I'm someone who has only dabbled a little bit with the original FFVII. Should I take this time to play it or should I play through Crisis Core instead?
I'd say, play the original FIRST, then wait until the Remake is released and play that one NEXT, THEN after both have settled in your mind, go into the FFVII Compilation (if you really want to, that is).

The thing is, the FFVII Compilation CAN'T exist without FFVII, BUT FFVII can exist perfectly fine without the Compilation.

Last edited:

Wireframe

Oct 28, 2017
UK
I emailed SE a second time as DPD won't be delivering in the UK on the 10th and got this reply.

Dear "Wireframe",

We understand your concerns.
Please know, however, our team is doing everything in its power to deliver your parcel on release day.

While we cannot share further details, please know, you are currently set to be delivered on release day.
Should any changes be made, you will receive an email informing you of such changes.

Thank you for all your time and understanding.

Best,
Camille

The Square Enix EU Store Team

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
Midgar theme looks great but I don't really want to here that music when just scrolling through the menu.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
I emailed SE a second time as DPD won't be delivering in the UK on the 10th and got this reply.

Dear "Wireframe",

We understand your concerns.
Please know, however, our team is doing everything in its power to deliver your parcel on release day.

While we cannot share further details, please know, you are currently set to be delivered on release day.
Should any changes be made, you will receive an email informing you of such changes.

Thank you for all your time and understanding.

Best,
Camille

The Square Enix EU Store Team

Hopefully SE will be smart and get the game out early. They were certainly eager to take the money quickly.

DPD Ireland say the 10th is a normal delivery day but still nervous they won't deliver and it will be Tuesday before they will deliver again.

Neoraxis

Nov 27, 2017
I care about the turks more than avalanche tbh, i hope the characters from BC are in.

latest

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
I just watched Advent Children complete edition for the first time on blu ray. Am I crazy or does the remake look better? Not just in the art design but the actual visuals?

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
I just watched Advent Children complete edition for the first time on blu ray. Am I crazy or does the remake look better? Not just in the art design but the actual visuals?
You ain't crazy. AC's CG visuals are outdated by modern sense. Even Kingsglaive looked better in that sense. FFVII Remake's CG kicks AC's CG's ass, IMO. Also, I'll always prefer something with color over something that's, well, GREY. When I think of AC, I think muted colors and GREY. FFVII Remake is colorful has hell, just like the original game.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
You ain't crazy. AC's CG visuals are outdated by modern sense. Even Kingsglaive looked better in that sense. FFVII Remake's CG kicks AC's CG's ass, IMO. Also, I'll always prefer something with color over something that's, well, GREY. When I think of AC, I think muted colors and GREY. FFVII Remake is colorful has hell, just like the original game.

I kinda thought the CG of the movie would look better than in game at least but it doesn't appear to. And yeah, the color palette is so drab. The character designs are awful, especially Barrett. The only thing they did better was Tifa's outfit which I hope we get as an optional outfit or something.

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
I'm definitely expecting more Turks. Maybe just not in this one.
Well, the compilation canon is they all went into hiding following the defeat of Zirconiade but they all returned to help evacuate Midgar. I suspect you'll run into hiding Turks throughout the world like Cissnei lounging on the beach at Costa Del Sol or something, and then they'll probably show them returning to save Midgar during meteorfall.

Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Well, the compilation canon is they all went into hiding following the defeat of Zirconiade but they all returned to help evacuate Midgar. I suspect you'll run into hiding Turks throughout the world like Cissnei lounging on the beach at Costa Del Sol or something, and then they'll probably show them returning to save Midgar during meteorfall.

Sure, maybe. I'm thinking more like Roche.

ultima786

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Believe it or not, but Advent Children COMPLETE has a fuller color palette than the OG Advent Children. There are some very beautiful scenes they added to the COMPLETE version that look really beautiful.

AdventChildrencompleteChange.jpg

41GFczhhNQL.jpeg

EbDnbCL.png

source.gif

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
I gotta give credit for AC complete on improving the story a lot. Having watched the original cut a couple times, a lot of stuff didn't make sense. The complete cut is much better done. And the visuals do look pretty good still, even if I don't like some of the art direction, but I'm just shocked that remake looks even better.

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
I kinda thought the CG of the movie would look better than in game at least but it doesn't appear to. And yeah, the color palette is so drab. The character designs are awful, especially Barrett. The only thing they did better was Tifa's outfit which I hope we get as an optional outfit or something.
Only personal gripe I have with the FFVII Remake designs is that they kept Barret's tattoo as being that strange Jack Skellington skull with half its side head on fire, when the original was just a pretty sweet looking skull spitting flames from its mouth.

latest
latest

Never a fan of that redesign and it was done within Nomura's "bad years" (mid-00s) where he was trying to make everything look edgy and shit. That's the same time he was making Vincent's DoC's transformations into "living tribal tattoos". For the most part, Nomura has gotten past that phase and I will always think of it in the same vein of an edgy teen drawin edgy shit on their folder in high school, then years later finding that folder in a box in their parents garage and thinkin' how lame that shit was.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Random thought. I think it's a safe guess that Yuffie and Vincent will be mandatory characters, so what point in the story do you think they should introduce Yuffie?

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Random thought. I think it's a safe guess that Yuffie and Vincent will be mandatory characters, so what point in the story do you think they should introduce Yuffie?

There's really a whole lot of nothing between Kalm and junon. I don't expect much out of Fort Condor so all we got is Mythril Caves. they could do something early on with her there

After crossing the sea, it isnt that much until you get to Cait Sith.

Vincent is obvious unless they push him back into another/new event

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia

I heard that a big reason why the Remake looks better than AC is that while AC has the pre-rendered image quality and ray-tracing your expect of a CG film, it lacks the physically-based rendering that's become common across games.

Frunkle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
way. TE="Gold Arsene, post: 29899842, member: 11672"]
[/QUOTE]
Yuffie might get introduced this game since they're mentioning Wutai a lot. We may at least see her in some way. If they're positioning for a war against Wutai then they'll probably hint at the most important character in Wutai.

OP
OP
ArkhamFantasy

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
It's possible, but from a game development standpoint i think it might be too much work to make such a high workload character model when they didn't even have enough time to finish Red XIII's combat.

Frunkle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Am I having a fever dream or did they announce that some of the 1st class editions were eligible to win one of those Watches that they made?

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I heard that a big reason why the Remake looks better than AC is that while AC has the pre-rendered image quality and ray-tracing your expect of a CG film, it lacks the physically-based rendering that's become common across games.
That would make a lot of sense. PBR is one of my favorite things that became standardized this generation, alongside real-time cinematic.

Status
Not open for further replies.