Votes: 518 34.0%
  • Barret

Votes: 257 16.9%
  • Aerith

Votes: 471 30.9%

• Total voters

napk1ns

Nov 29, 2017
Hey all - when does this unlock on PSN? I thought the game was out on the 10th but it looks like it might be available sooner? (Not talking about all you people that got it early!)

FLCL

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm not sure if I should keep going on hard or wait for friday to see if there is an update. But the more I play the more I fall in love with the game (though I did enjoy it tons from the beginning) and just want to keep playing. Wish SE would say something about there being a day 1 patch or not.

Credits rolling. What a fucking achievement this game is. First FF7 media outside of the original game to make me care more, not less. Honestly blown away.
Same! I am way more excited for the rest of the remake now than I was before I played it. And to note... FFVII is THE Nr.1 game of all time for me. And the remake is just so good.

CortexVortex

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
First boss on hard was actually fun.
But I'm not sure if I wanna keep going through the game on hard or rather pick up some other side stuff in later chapters... both are fun

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
First VR mission
Shiva
is kicking my ass. I guess I should wait to have another companion atleast lol

Oct 27, 2017
For those playing/ who have played when do I get access to the DLC summons? When the summoning mechanic is first introduced? Currently playing through Chapter 3.

Meia

Oct 26, 2017
So I'm supposed to pick this up at Best Buy tomorrow, and it seems that Best Buy has gone from "curbside pickup only" like they did when I got Persona 5 to "totally fucking closed kthx" now.

I wonder how this even works? Does the order just get cancelled, does it stay in limbo until the store is somehow able to open again? And why oh why couldn't someone not be a dick and just release it early to avoid this. :p

Chaserjoey

Keeper of the White Materia
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly I feel like the game is pretty challenging, atleast the bosses, the normal dudes not so much. Compared to the average FF atleast.
I played on Normal and most of the time was fine except for a few instances, like you point out the bosses were tough. But in chapter 17 there's a part with Tifa and Aerith that I had to drop to easy because I was being swarmed with 7 fast moving enemies doing 1300 HP hits... I'm dreading that on hard >:(

Rox

Dec 13, 2017
So I just got to
the slums and what's up with the apartment doors? Did someone miss the textures there??

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
Got the shipping confirmation on Monday and expect it to arrive tomorrow. Really looking forward to since I haven't played the original game beyond the first hour or so. I'm usually not a JRPG fan and dislike many of the genre's tropes but the demo was pretty amazing.

Baalzebup

Oct 25, 2017
For those playing/ who have played when do I get access to the DLC summons? When the summoning mechanic is first introduced? Currently playing through Chapter 3.
You get the DLC summon materia from the menu. System --> DLC. You can slot it pretty much as soon as you can access the menu and there is at least one fight you can use it before you get to the slums for the first time.

Oct 27, 2017
You get the DLC summon materia from the menu. System --> DLC. You can slot it pretty much as soon as you can access the menu and there is at least one fight you can use it before you get to the slums for the first time.
Thanks - will have a look now and add them in! EDIT: Hmm its really odd when I go into the menu there is no option available for DLC? I've gone through each section and there is nothing there but I thought I saw it before as well - has anyone else had this problem?

Last edited:

Baalzebup

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks - will have a look now and add them in! EDIT: Hmm its really odd when I go into the menu there is no option available for DLC? I've gone through each section and there is nothing there but I thought I saw it before as well - has anyone else had this problem?
Now I have to ask have you actually entered the DLC codes and/or downloaded the DLC from the store.

Glassboy

Oct 27, 2017
I am 30 hrs in and have not wiped once. There have been several close calls though. I'm a little surprised by that.

Kawngi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Screen_Shot_2017-11-10_at_10.36.15_AM.jpg

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
The trophies haven't been fully unlocked on PSN so they show on your profile yet right? I still can't get them to sync so I'm guessing so.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
Hey, can anyone give me some (non-spoiler) pointers on the battle system? I'm only a few hours in but I feel like I'm not doing things properly - most of the enemies I've faced, I've beaten by just brute strength without really engaging with the stagger system. I think I just don't really understand how the pressure/stagger system works to be honest.

Should I be using normal attacks to increase the stagger bar or abilities/magic? It seems like most of the time the bar doesn't fill until the enemy is practically dead anyway so what's the point?

Monsterqken

Dec 26, 2019
Hey, can anyone give me some (non-spoiler) pointers on the battle system? I'm only a few hours in but I feel like I'm not doing things properly - most of the enemies I've faced, I've beaten by just brute strength without really engaging with the stagger system. I think I just don't really understand how the pressure/stagger system works to be honest.

Should I be using normal attacks to increase the stagger bar or abilities/magic? It seems like most of the time the bar doesn't fill until the enemy is practically dead anyway so what's the point?
Weak points/magic/abilities for stagger.

Oct 25, 2017

Attacking the enemy's weakness will put them in a Pressured state, in that state, they take more stagger damage. There are abilities that are focused on building stagger more quickly, use those when the enemies are Pressured, and you'll quickly stagger them. Then you can go crazy on the damage.

Normal attacks are to build ATB, and with ATB you'll build both stagger and damage.

Don't forget that getting the last hit that triggers stagger gives that character 1/3 of their Limit meter. Make sure to time your last hit properly to make the most of it.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
You know, IMO the problem of the side quests it's not that they are more or less MMO-ish, it's the absolute lack of banter in between them. Every game has some banter, even if basic as fuck, while you go to your quest objective and such but here... silence.

I beat her alone without issues. Are you playing the right way?

Probably not.

Oct 27, 2017
That's weird. Usually I have to reboot a game to see the DLC options but FFVIIR automatically was like "hey you have this DLC access it now" without rebooting.
Yeah, if this doesn't work I may have to send a message off to support and check if it's an issue they are aware of; it's a little disappointing not to get use of these summons especially after paying for the First Class Edition. Image below is what my system menu looks like.
imgur.com

imgur.com

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
Attacking the enemy's weakness will put them in a Pressured state, in that state, they take more stagger damage. There are abilities that are focused on building stagger more quickly, use those when the enemies are Pressured, and you'll quickly stagger them. Then you can go crazy on the damage.

Normal attacks are to build ATB, and with ATB you'll build both stagger and damage.

Don't forget that getting the last hit that triggers stagger gives that character 1/3 of their Limit meter. Make sure to time your last hit properly to make the most of it.

This is really helpful, thanks!

Athrum

Oct 18, 2019
The game does something that really pisses me off (and this happens quite a lot in other square games).
The subtitles are for the english localization of the game, so if you have other voices (japanese version in my case) what they're saying is not what is written.
Gaaaaahhh!!!

soundtrack

Oct 28, 2017
The game does something that really pisses me off (and this happens quite a lot in other square games).
The subtitles are for the english localization of the game, so if you have other voices (japanese version in my case) what they're saying is not what is written.
Gaaaaahhh!!!
I was afraid that this would be the case. I'll probably just play in English and do Japanese for a second playthrough