Ravage

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Am I the only one who doesn't want gambits? The game wants you to character switch and play with everyone. I don't want to watch my players play the game themselves

I get that, and I'm actually one of those people who switch character control every 15 sec. While a full blown Gambit system isn't going to fit, I think the game would benefit from a 'hold position' command to keep your vulnerable backline away from danger. Oh and a 'ceasefire' command too, using Enfeeblement Rings to prevent my party members from killing enemies before I can successfully Steal isn't exactly ideal >.<

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Am I the only one who doesn't want gambits? The game wants you to character switch and play with everyone. I don't want to watch my players play the game themselves

There's a ton of room from "my players play the game themselves" to "my players can't do anything that is needed".
There's no need for FFXII-like gambits, but at least general AI commands (Attack the leaders enemy/Defend/Heal ecc.) would make this way more practical.

plow

Oct 28, 2017
I'm playing the original right now. So while the Remake might have some parts that are unrealistic, the original Had some huuuuuuzge plot holes.

Like in Gold Saucer you Just take Cait Sith with you, for No reason at all. As soon as you reach gongaga ( the very next city ), you'll see that someone snitched on you, since the turks know where to go. Cloud then goes "someone in our team snitched, but i can't believe that since i trust all of them". Dude know Cait Sith for a few minutes and has literally no reason to trust him AT ALL lmao.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
I am assuming when people talk about "gambit-like" system, they don't actually mean the exact gambit system from FFXII, but rather an option for AI behavior.
I certainly think FFXII's gambit system as it is wouldn't work in FFVIIR battle system so I don't want that. However I do think a minimal level of AI setting would be nice.

But personally this is way down the list of something I want to improve in the future game. Things like Camera control, air combat, materia load out options, some leniency on interruption during spells/moves are way bigger priority for me.

ultima786

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I am assuming when people talk about "gambit-like" system, they don't actually mean the exact gambit system from FFXII, but rather an option for AI behavior.
I certainly think FFXII's gambit system as it is wouldn't work in FFVIIR battle system so I don't want that. However I do think a minimal level of AI setting would be nice.

But personally this is way down the list of something I want to improve in the future game. Things like Camera control, air combat, materia load out options, some leniency on interruption during spells/moves are way bigger priority for me.
I think a simple gambit system could be handled through materia. I'd rather it be that way instead of inventing a new system

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The compilation implies heavily that Sephiroth needs Cloud to survive. He is the one person alive who has his memories of him, and this allows him to manifest and stay undissolved in the lifestream. Cloud is being used by Jenova and Sephiroth like a parasite, in more ways than one

Cloud is basically Sephiroth's Fayth

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
She has no reason to hide the fact that Sephiroth killed everybody she knew and destroyed her town.

Tifa's interactions (and lack thereof) with Sephiroth are by far the biggest flaw with this game's writing.
People love throwing excuses at it but Tifa just feels really underdeveloped in this game. Of the four mains she easily got the shortest end of the stick.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
I don't need a gambit system I just want the most basic control over my AI.

I want to tell Aerith to not run into melee range the second I stop controlling her

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
Not having the enemies AI always locked on to whichever character I'm currently playing as would be nice lol. And also not having to go into the menu again everytime I want to use the other characters spells/ abilities

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Not having the enemies AI always locked on to whichever character I'm currently playing as would be nice lol. And also not having to go into the menu again everytime I want to use the other characters spells/ abilities

Since L1 is shortcuts

Holding L1+L2/R2 should bring up the shortcut menu of the other characters

Alternatively L1+L2/R2 is another 2 sets of shortcuts giving you 12 total shortcut slots for a character

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
Since L1 is shortcuts

Holding L1+L2/R2 should bring up the shortcut menu of the other characters
That would also be nice to have, anyway I'm talking more about how you can only issue 1 command everytime you use the menu and then it'll exit the menu. You should be able to issue multiple commands if you have 2 ATB bar for instance, or have two characters execute multiple commands, like maybe hold L1 (the one we use to multicast cure/potion)

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
That would also be nice to have, anyway I'm talking more about how you can only issue 1 command everytime you use the menu and then it'll exit the menu. You should be able to issue multiple commands if you have 2 ATB bar for instance, or have two characters execute multiple commands, like maybe hold L1 (the one we use to multicast cure/potion)

Yep definitely should be a thing as well.

tjlee2

Oct 27, 2017

It depends on what else they expand for combat. If it's mostly as is, then it's honestly not useful to spend time to develop in that area.

If it's expanded so that more characters are involved in combat, either by active swap or increase active characters to 4 or something, then it would start to make sense. Since you would then need to adjust enemy side to properly scale difficulty (that likely means more damage to most abilities, more enemies equating more actions at any given moment, etc), it's more than likely that buffs such as various barriers, haste, and various debuffs might be more mandatory than before. If it proceeds down that path, then gambit for various upkeep, much like in XII, would make more sense for automating monotone tasks. That being said, it would still need more restrictions when compared to XII due to the differences in combat systems and how ATB in remake would be valued differently when compared to XII's approach.

Grzi

Oct 26, 2017
I mean, if the AI controlled characters attacked normally, you basically wouldn't need to switch characters, ever, you could only give them commands from the menu and that's it.

I like the system the way it is, it forces you to switch, and it is the way it should be. If it wasn't it would feel almost like a Tales game. This way you feel like you are playing a hybrid between an action and a turn-based RPG, which is why it is so unique. And tbh, the only way to properly enjoy the battle system is to approach it that way.

tjlee2

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, if the AI controlled characters attacked normally, you basically wouldn't need to switch characters, ever, you could only give them commands from the menu and that's it.

I like the system the way it is, it forces you to switch, and it is the way it should be. If it wasn't it would feel almost like a Tales game. This way you feel like you are playing a hybrid between an action and a turn-based RPG, which is why it is so unique. And tbh, the only way to properly enjoy the battle system is to approach it that way.

Gambit doesn't inherently mean that they attack normally. That's a byproduct of the combat system of XII's default attack being , well, a basic auto attack. The gambit system, to be meaningful in remake combat system, would have its primary function be tied to atb usage on skills that's not associated with damage output or atb building. Due to the action nature of the combat system, maximizing damage is completely different, and ability based 'combos' are never going to be automated through gambit (even focus moves are not worth automating since who you want to use to cap out pressure will differ from case to case drastically). Not to mention that holding onto ATB charge is a very common occurrence, especially on a first playthrough and you are still figuring out the enemy abilities.

Offensive spell casting could be more easily automated, but in most instances I would argue that it's still not the best choice to not do it yourself, due to nature of spell also having various additional properties: fire/blizzard needing LoS and aero/blizzard having a delay in an action oriented combat system mean that best time to cast is not always asap. The only thing you can safely spam is thunder but outside of midgar that is not going to be as frequently the best spell to use.

Your concern is that the non-player control character can build atb more efficiently. That would be possible without gambit, as it's tied to the level of aggression that would be programmed to the AI. There is another discussion that could be had on that aspect of the combat system, but it is mostly mutually exclusive of gambit in my opinion.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Plot question: In Chapter 4 on the upper plate, who was it that attacked the guards at the entrance of the Sector 7-6 Annex?

TZssIzG.png

2ZeOvRO.png

6W1inIP.png

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
People love throwing excuses at it but Tifa just feels really underdeveloped in this game. Of the four mains she easily got the shortest end of the stick.

Really weird opinion considering her major character arc is over the course of the entirety of FF7 so why would they throw everything on the table in Midgar? You get plenty of insight into the type of character she is in Midgar. The only weird thing was the very end with the lack of reaction to Sephiroth. Don't twist it to make it seem like her character had issues outside of that.

Plot question: In Chapter 4 on the upper plate, who was it that attacked the guards at the entrance of the Sector 7-6 Annex?

That's the only thing that bothered me in that chapter. It couldn't have been Jessie considering their reaction so I'd have to assume Avalanche was already there or it was Whisper shenanigans off-screen.

Oct 25, 2017
Silicon Valley
That's the only thing that bothered me in that chapter. It couldn't have been Jessie considering their reaction so I'd have to assume Avalanche was already there or it was Whisper shenanigans off-screen.
I'm not convinced it was either of those, but that's just because I have been forming a dumb theory based on a bunch of small stuff, like how Biggs got out of sector 7, the three-wheel truck wasn't anywhere to be found, and random audio bits. It's probably nothing, like the calendar in Wall Market, but... who knows!

sonicmj1

Oct 25, 2017
That 'We' will fuel up Sephiroth is friend theory. Ew...

Also to me, with this translation he seems more cowardly and honest.
There's no "we" in the Japanese (「終末の七秒前、だがまだ間に合う」), because Japanese omits the subject a lot. It's an inference by the translator.

Considering that the official English localization team had access to the actual writers, I would assume they know what they're doing when they make those decisions.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
There's no "we" in the Japanese (「終末の七秒前、だがまだ間に合う」), because Japanese omits the subject a lot. It's an inference by the translator.

Considering that the official English localization team had access to the actual writers, I would assume they know what they're doing when they make those decisions.

The official translation takes a lot of liberties at the same time though.

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
OK so I just beat the game and have a ton of questions. I read the OP and my understanding of the ending pretty much aligned with what was written there. That was my interpration.

My buddy is now telling me REMAKE is actually a SEQUEL to FF7 OG? And then Sephiroth is fucking with the timelines? Huh?? Is this some fan theory stuff or is there actual evidence to back this up? Where was any of that implied in game?

Oct 25, 2017
Silicon Valley
OK so I just beat the game and have a ton of questions. I read the OP and my understanding of the ending pretty much aligned with what was written there. That was my interpration.

My buddy is now telling me REMAKE is actually a SEQUEL to FF7 OG? And then Sephiroth is fucking with the timelines? Huh?? Is this some fan theory stuff or is there actual evidence to back this up? Where was any of that implied in game?
Knowledge of the future in one way or another is confirmed by the FF7 Remake Ultimania, but what the game gives us is largely the following:
  • Stamp the Dog is different in the scene with Zack, giving us the knowledge that he is potentially in another timeline
  • The three special whispers you fight specify that they are from a future timeline
  • The whispers themselves were attempting to prevent changes to "destiny" but Sephiroth (and Aerith) decided to fight against that
The whispers, which are souls from the lifestream of the planet, also transcend time and space which is why they knew what the original events of FF7 were supposed to be, and were going crazy trying to keep them from changing.

As far as being a sequel, that is one way to look at it, but more specifically this is the fifth game in the FF7 Compilation.

There is a lot more we can go into, as well as several excellent videos, but I don't know how much you know about the OG game, Crisis Core, Advent Children, let along how much you WANT to know or not. Much of it is speculative other than that, but there is LOADS of stuff in the game that supports several theories.

Peacemillian

Oct 25, 2017

Its just fan theory nonsense, there's a lot of that going around and likely will be until the next game is out

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
All these fan theories are exactly why Square did this in the first place. What better way to keep the community engaged until the next part comes out. I'm not a big fan of the execution but it seems to have worked in stirring up the fervor.

Oct 25, 2017
Silicon Valley
All these fan theories are exactly why Square did this in the first place. What better way to keep the community engaged until the next part comes out. I'm not a big fan of the execution but it seems to have worked in stirring up the fervor.
Absolutely.

From playing the demo, I lnew there were references to the other games which I treated as easter eggs, so when the game came out I started compiling them.

It wasn't until a few chapters in that I started to notice some very specific things and by the end of the game I essentially had a collection of screenshots and video that were basicslly evidence of several potential things.

Most of it can fall under fan theory, sure, but there is also a lot of pieces that are factual changes that can be compared to the original and supporting games. Simple stuff like the game starting three hours earlier than the original.

ekka4shiki

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017

Huh, that fan translation claiming to be closer to japanese true meaning, i guess it's still not close enough.

So "Seven seconds till the end, but there's still time to make it" is more accurate then?

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Just finished it (left it on Rufus last Sunday, but I had a pretty busy week).

Let me preface this by saying that I feel that this a genuinely great game and that it really nails the original in many, many ways. Hell, even surpasses it in some, if we talk about the Midgar portion of the OG (like the characters feeling more alive and the city being properly explored).

But man, I'm bummed out. The game is not without some flaws (the areas are distractingly linear -I'm talking about the visual design-, the side content mediocre and some sections really padded), but I feel that the new plot element of the Whispers and Sephiroth really, really bring this down. And it's a big shame, because they honestly nailed the core of this game so damn much.

Firstly, it makes scenes needlesly long and badly paced (namely, the pillar one, which should be anything but slow). Also, awkward in execution and repetitive.

Same with Sephiroth. I understand what they're trying to do, but I sure as hell think that Jaws can still be pretty scary even if you have already watched it. Even if they were to bring this future sight or whatever plot, they could have done a much better job. Instead, it's Sephiroth showing up every few scenes, spouting some "deep", cryptic nonsense to just dissapear. Like with the Whisper scenes, I was constantly wondering how new players would be reacting to this and, once more, why they should care. It makes a really straightfoward plot (the Midgar portion) needlesly convoluted.

The bike chase was good. Sure, it's not the most fun, complex thing, but it is visually great and a nice setpiece (wish the song had been more like the original version though). The way they deal with Motorball was cool as well, instead of it being a conventional battle.

The rest, though... I know it's a boring argument, but I really get why people compare this to KH: it really felt like a final boss in that series, down to the music. It was fun and spectacular, don't get me wrong, but totally diminishes the threat that Sephiroth is and his mystery. How am I supposed to be scared of him? Even if he was playing with me, I already beat him and saw his moves. All subtletly is lost.

Don't get me started on the Zack thing (great character model though, like all the others in the game).

Thing is, the Ultimania interview made it seem like they won't really stray that much from the main beats and locations of the main game, which I'm very glad about (since I was advertised a remake and since every big new thing in this game I've disliked for the most part). But, then, I don't get this: why diminish Zack's existence? Whatever they do to reveal the actual flashback isn't going to be nearly as effective and surprising (to new players, because there is a shitton of them) now that we have seen his last stand along with Cloud and with the Buster Sword.

A recent GameInformer interview with Kitase has him refusing to answer a question about the ending, talking about theories and all, so they clearly want this, but this reminds me of the "lots of speculation" from ME3's ending.

They were, imo of course, so close to a slam dunk. All they had to do was keep the game as it is and erase the Whispers, making the ending a huge fight against, say, Jenova. Hell, have Biggs survive if you really want to and bring some other changes and new characters.

But the clumsy and tedious execution of the Whispers plot makes me quite sad, honestly, especially with what it means to the rest of the plot of the original game (which is the fun part), both regarding the possibilities of new/erased plot beats and the diminishing of the effectiveness of certain elements. What a shame.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I just finished watching Sleepezi's analysis videos and damn I really got chills towards the end there.

The way I understood it is as such:

So it seems the endgame they are building up to is that with the cycle of destruction perpetuated by both Shinra and the Cetra for the sake of the planet finally being broken by the party (due to Sephiroth's influence) at the end of Remake, they have become an enemy of the planet itself.
Minerva is going to use the weapons against them and is using Genesis to find the proto materia to use against Jenova, who is not a complete being and may actually be the goddess with the wings of black and white that put all of these events into motion and started the cycle, with everything in the compilation before this still happening and being canon as all the memories are stored in the lifestream past and future.
This means Minerva could be a massive villain going forwards and could potentially be involved in Jenova becoming a complete being again and the final boss being the fight against a full Jenova for the sake of ending the cycle once and for all.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
New interview by Kitase and Hagamuchi.

Most interesting portion:

Final Fantasy VII Remake expands on the Midgar story arc significantly. When developing the game, how did you decide on the parts that you wanted to expand?

Kitase:
I personally envisioned quite a dramatic change overall, but our director; Tetsuya Nomura and co-director; Naoki Hamaguchi, wanted to keep the beloved aspects in the original as much as possible. Eventually the development team decided to focus on respecting the original while adding in new elements, ensuring a delicate balance between the two.

Kitase imagined dramatic changes and Nomura + Hagamuchi wanted to keep as close to the original as much as possible although Hagamuchi was also the one that lobbied hard for a Sephiroth battle at the end of Midgar.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Question...

Right now I'm playing Hard Mode and Chadley opened up all these extra VR challenges. I haven't beaten Hard Mode yet so I'm wondering, should I finish these challenges and beat the secret final boss before continuing on and beating Hard Mode or should I beat Hard Mode and then do chapter select and come back here?

tjlee2

Oct 27, 2017
Question...

Right now I'm playing Hard Mode and Chadley opened up all these extra VR challenges. I haven't beaten Hard Mode yet so I'm wondering, should I finish these challenges and beat the secret final boss before continuing on and beating Hard Mode or should I beat Hard Mode and then do chapter select and come back here?

Either way is fine since they are pretty different. Story stuff is easier in a vacuum but you have to manage your MP through the chapter (really only a ch.17 issue. ch.18 was a cake walk imo). The challenges are easy till the last one, which requires some planning, but you get 50% mp recovery every match, so you can go hard on your best spells. I did all the VR stuff then moved on to do the last 2 chapters.

Araujo

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
Question...

There is a VERY good Reward for beaten the VR missions fully, but make no mistake. They are HARD to beat.

IF you need any help. just remember that Elemental + Fire/Ice/Thunder on Armor (while mastered) is your friend.

Aexact

Oct 30, 2017
Either way is fine since they are pretty different. Story stuff is easier in a vacuum but you have to manage your MP through the chapter (really only a ch.17 issue. ch.18 was a cake walk imo). The challenges are easy till the last one, which requires some planning, but you get 50% mp recovery every match, so you can go hard on your best spells. I did all the VR stuff then moved on to do the last 2 chapters.
That's what I intended to do but I'm trying to figure out how to get manuscripts to get to Weapon level 6 because man, I'm not good enough at this game to beat the VR hard modes through skill. And you mostly get those extra manuscripts for beating hard mode chapters/challenges.

tjlee2

Oct 27, 2017
That's what I intended to do but I'm trying to figure out how to get manuscripts to get to Weapon level 6 because man, I'm not good enough at this game to beat the VR hard modes through skill. And you mostly get those extra manuscripts for beating hard mode chapters/challenges.

You should just hard mode till you can't move forward then. You should be able to get lvl6 weapon way before you get stuck somewhere.

Aexact

Oct 30, 2017
But man, I'm bummed out. The game is not without some flaws (the areas are distractingly linear -I'm talking about the visual design-, the side content mediocre and some sections really padded), but I feel that the new plot element of the Whispers and Sephiroth really, really bring this down. And it's a big shame, because they honestly nailed the core of this game so damn much.

Firstly, it makes scenes needlesly long and badly paced (namely, the pillar one, which should be anything but slow). Also, awkward in execution and repetitive.

Same with Sephiroth. I understand what they're trying to do, but I sure as hell think that Jaws can still be pretty scary even if you have already watched it. Even if they were to bring this future sight or whatever plot, they could have done a much better job. Instead, it's Sephiroth showing up every few scenes, spouting some "deep", cryptic nonsense to just dissapear. Like with the Whisper scenes, I was constantly wondering how new players would be reacting to this and, once more, why they should care. It makes a really straightfoward plot (the Midgar portion) needlesly convoluted.

The bike chase was good. Sure, it's not the most fun, complex thing, but it is visually great and a nice setpiece (wish the song had been more like the original version though). The way they deal with Motorball was cool as well, instead of it being a conventional battle.

The rest, though... I know it's a boring argument, but I really get why people compare this to KH: it really felt like a final boss in that series, down to the music. It was fun and spectacular, don't get me wrong, but totally diminishes the threat that Sephiroth is and his mystery. How am I supposed to be scared of him? Even if he was playing with me, I already beat him and saw his moves. All subtletly is lost.
Yeah, I really enjoyed the experience.
Except for basically everything about the Whispers. The lore surrounding them feels has the "we speak as if we're trying to avoid explaining things clearly" and that's a bummer. The characters are more introspective and joke about observations of each other's characters and that's super fun but it makes it more jarring that they just see Cloud doing a Remake flashback headache and at most go "huh, that's weird". Wish those scenes were more elegantly done, just feels like clumsily inserting new content into the old in a way the other remake material doesn't.
You should just hard mode till you can't move forward then. You should be able to get lvl6 weapon way before you get stuck somewhere.
But I want that limit break accessory! I just wanna overprepare before committing but it's really put my playthrough on pause. I've done Chapter 1 but it was a lot more intense than I was ready for.

tjlee2

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I really enjoyed the experience.
Except for basically everything about the Whispers. The lore surrounding them feels has the "we speak as if we're trying to avoid explaining things clearly" and that's a bummer. The characters are more introspective and joke about observations of each other's characters and that's super fun but it makes it more jarring that they just see Cloud doing a Remake flashback headache and at most go "huh, that's weird". Wish those scenes were more elegantly done, just feels like clumsily inserting new content into the old in a way the other remake material doesn't.

But I want that limit break accessory! I just wanna overprepare before committing but it's really put my playthrough on pause. I've done Chapter 1 but it was a lot more intense than I was ready for.

Well if you want the accessory then there isn't really an alternative choice here. You can learn the game while doing the challenges too. It's strictly just what your priorities are.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
I'm almost done, stopped at the portal in chapter 18 and there's no way Wedge is dead.

His scene was not only anticlimatic but we didn't even see him fall. I fully expect him to return in part 2.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
It really feels like that. Especially with the big amount of headache moments we get.

Or the whole thing with Tifa and her non-reaction to seeing Sephiroth. Really weird, especially when we outright see a tiny part of her in the flashblack with her dead father.

I appreciate the meta effort, but I feel that it's incredibly clumsy and brings nothing but negatives to an overall great experience.

I'm back at my most pessimistic regarding Part 2 after the Ultimania interviews eased my worries quite a bit: none of the new parts that are important are well done imo. It worries me because, for as much as they say things are going to be like the original, the games are clearly going to be tainted by these new plots.

I mean, Part 1 was mostly a very faithful recreation and expansion that only goes crazy at the end and I still feel that the new plot element brings much of the full game down.

Like, the Whisper scenes throughout the game are, at best, unnecesary and, at worst (imo most of them), outright bad and poorly executed.

What the hell is with Wedge's "death", for example? That shit was stupid when it should be a heartbreaking event. Clumsily placed, not acknowledged and laughingly badly executed. Or the fucking Hojo scene, my god.

Last edited:

Aexact

Oct 30, 2017
Well if you want the accessory then there isn't really an alternative choice here. You can learn the game while doing the challenges too. It's strictly just what your priorities are.
Yeah. Trying to use YouTube to beat chapter 17 combat sim challenges for manuscripts before diving into a straight shot hard playthrough.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
So there is a major differences between English and Japanese versions of Red's line at the end.

English Red: "A vision of the future, should we fail here today".

Japanese Red: "A glimpse of the future being discarded by our efforts" / "A glimpse of the future we're about to discard"

the former is more negative as if the OG was a bad ending

GFP_RYU

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just finished the game. Just to be clear, Zack is alive on this remake?
And is this connected to Advent Children?

ekka4shiki

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
Just finished the game. Just to be clear, Zack is alive on this remake?
And is this connected to Advent Children?

Zack is alive in a universe that had different Stamp design (the dog mascot) compared to the one we see throughout FFVIIR. That's what we know for sure. What could that actually means is still up to intepretation. The popular take on that is that he's alive on alternate/branching timeline created as a result of Cloud's party action in defeating Whispers of fate. But, there's also (less popular) theory that believe he's alive in FFVIIR timeline because Cloud's party action changes the history retroactively (thus changing Stamp design anyway). We don't know for sure how this will affect FFVIIR going forward until the next game is released.

It is connected in Advent Children (AC) in someway. The form you see Sephiroth with one black wing is his AC-form. He also appears to be have knowledge of future (including AC things like his connection to Cloud). But the actual nature of this Sephiroth (the one you see as last boss) is still unknown to us.