• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So it seems the Reunion mod's main thread has had some pretty negative activity going on. There was a lot of back on forth with someone claiming GPL violations and further arguments after that. The mod's been temporarily removed, and the thread is locked.

[FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods and Modding Framework-The Reunion [R06f]

[FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods and Modding Framework-The Reunion [R06f]
Well that's funny.

I had initially thought it might be due to the patch for NT before this since I didn't have any crashes happening until after the 5/3 update but I think it's inherent in 7th Heaven. It seems to be the same problem mentioned here. Memory allocation bug. Sounds like it might be resolved when 2.1. In the meantime I've turned off high-res spell effects and high res-battle textures since all of the crashes have happened after on the victory summary screen post battle. Just finished up a three hour session with no issues so fingers crossed.

May want to stick it out to the end of the mythril mines. A new gameplay system gets introduced there that lets you even the odds a bit.
Ah, well at least you know there's a fix on the way!

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
No. It's in the same gameplay package as regular new threat that you already have downloaded. You just go in the settings menu of the package and switch it there.

In 7th Heaven? The only thing that lets me do is change battle costumes.

May want to stick it out to the end of the mythril mines. A new gameplay system gets introduced there that lets you even the odds a bit.
Hmm ok, I might check this out and then make a decision.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
In 7th Heaven? The only thing that lets me do is change battle costumes.
From the Gameplay package:

CnmtG6g.jpg

EDIT:
oh shit, I understand. Your New Threat is the standalone IRO. I see it. In that case, download the Gameplay package from the Catalog, set it to the Vanilla Combat New Threat, and deactivate the standalone New Threat. You don't need to uninstall it; just deactivate it.

However, keep in mind that the New Threat from the gameplay package is of a previous version of the one you are using. There might be the potential for bugs with your savefile. My instincts tell me you'd probably be fine... but I'm letting you know still.

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
From the Gameplay package:

CnmtG6g.jpg

EDIT:
oh shit, I understand. Your New Threat is the standalone IRO. I see it. In that case, download the Gameplay package from the Catalog, set it to the Vanilla Combat New Threat, and deactivate the standalone New Threat. You don't need to uninstall it; just deactivate it.

However, keep in mind that the New Threat from the gameplay package is of a previous version of the one you are using. There might be the potential for bugs with your savefile. My instincts tell me you'd probably be fine... but I'm letting you know still.
Ohhhhhh. I currently have both the Gameplay and standalone IRO installed. I was using the gameplay one for just being able to save anywhere (a god send) and the occasional invincibility. So if I deactivate the NT IRO but don't uninstall it it'll still have the translation?

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
Ohhhhhh. I currently have both the Gameplay and standalone IRO installed. I was using the gameplay one for just being able to save anywhere (a god send) and the occasional invincibility. So if I deactivate the NT IRO but don't uninstall it it'll still have the translation?

If you aren't interested in the gameplay improvements of A New Threat and just want a new translation why not play with the Reunion mod instead?

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Correct. Just click on the slider-button on the right side of the window to deactivate a mod. You can activate and deactivate them at will. Just make sure you don't have two incompatible mods activated at the same time (such as two different versions of New Threat).

If you want to use the New Threat standalone IRO as well as the gameplay tweaks from the Gameplay package, have both packages/mods activated, but make sure that the "difficulty" mod from the Gameplay package is set to "No Change".

Also, make sure your mods are sorted.

Last edited:

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
Because I want everything else that 7th Heaven has with regards to the upscaled backgrounds and character models.

You can get that with Reunion no problem. Satsuki's upscaled background installer has an option for Reunion built in.

Reunion also comes with the new, non-Chibi, models, 60 fps battles, and some interface improvements, etc. It's a great package for anyone that wants vanilla gameplay with an overhauled translation and new coat of paint.

I played several hours that way without issue but ultimately I changed over to 7th Heaven with New Threat because I really wanted the gameplay changes that A New Threat brings to the table.

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just bought the PC version with the recent 'stay at home' sales on Steam.

I already did it on Switch in January, but I want to tackle it with mods now, fuck fidelity at this point, I did the game entirely countless times.

Oct 27, 2017
ATL
Not sure if anyone else has ran into this issue with Reunion, but their is a known cutscene bug after Temple of the Ancients
where Cait Sith is turning the temple into the Black Materia, and the temple is rumbling
in which the screen will just shake forever and the cutscene won't progress. If you run into the issue, you'll need to disable Reunion then redo that part in order to progress. Not sure if it was because Tifa was in my party or not, but just fyi. You'll be able to reenable reunion after you safe.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
AnansiThePersona How's the playthrough going? Are you going straight for the last boss or will you attempt the optional endgame content?

Just bought the PC version with the recent 'stay at home' sales on Steam.

I already did it on Switch in January, but I want to tackle it with mods now, fuck fidelity at this point, I did the game entirely countless times.
Sweet! There's so many mods available to you. I suggest you check the rest of the thread for some of my posts where I gave advice and suggestions. You can also ask me stuff and I'll try my best to help you.

Pachinko

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Any ya'll modding folks have luck getting a controller to work ? Thanks to 7th heaven 2.0 it was easy to enough to add all the visual stuff I wanted to try out and also fairly simple to make my current "clean" steam version saves load up just fine but I can't seem to get my xbox one pad to work.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Any ya'll modding folks have luck getting a controller to work ? Thanks to 7th heaven 2.0 it was easy to enough to add all the visual stuff I wanted to try out and also fairly simple to make my current "clean" steam version saves load up just fine but I can't seem to get my xbox one pad to work.
As of right now, if you want the D-Pad to work, you need to use a program called AntiMicro. Check my posts from earlier in the thread where I helped someone set it up.

7th Heaven 2.1 will supposedly fix this issue. And eventually when the graphics driver is changed to FFNx, any potential issue on the controller front will be quashed since the mods will finally be using the executable of the Steam release of the game.

OP
OP
AnansiThePersona

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
AnansiThePersona How's the playthrough going? Are you going straight for the last boss or will you attempt the optional endgame content?

Sweet! There's so many mods available to you. I suggest you check the rest of the thread for some of my posts where I gave advice and suggestions. You can also ask me stuff and I'll try my best to help you.
Thanks for asking. The playthrough is nearing it's end. Doing all the bonus stuff too. Right now I've beaten the Ancient Forest and three of the Materia Caves. Only one left is the Shinryu/Omega one O_O... it's tough as nails. After getting KotR, doing everyone's side-missions for their limit breaks should be easy. After that, it's off to finish the Enemy Skill list and beat the super bosses. Then I'll finish. Definitely the best way to replay the game if you've beaten it before. I'm joining you in the FF8 NT mod hype train

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Seik Have you started playing with some mods?

AdvancedWind Have you decided to go with 7th Heaven in the end?

Akasaki Have you succeeded in making 7th heaven work?

Ahti Rajang Are you guys playing with New Threat? Which mods have you installed?

ScorchedBacon How's New Threat so far? Have you run into further issues?

Thanks for asking. The playthrough is nearing it's end. Doing all the bonus stuff too. Right now I've beaten the Ancient Forest and three of the Materia Caves. Only one left is the Shinryu/Omega one O_O... it's tough as nails. After getting KotR, doing everyone's side-missions for their limit breaks should be easy. After that, it's off to finish the Enemy Skill list and beat the super bosses. Then I'll finish. Definitely the best way to replay the game if you've beaten it before. I'm joining you in the FF8 NT mod hype train
I'm legit super happy to see that you've had such a great time. And yeah, I am super on board the hype train for FF8 New Threat. I haven't played FF8 in about 12 years now. It's a game that I hold near my heart despite it being very unbalanced and unchallenging. Needless to say, the thought of experiencing it again with what will surely be fantastic gameplay is very exciting to me.

Deleted member 3010

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Ahti Rajang Are you guys playing with New Threat? Which mods have you installed?

I'm legit super happy to see that you've had such a great time. And yeah, I am super on board the hype train for FF8 New Threat. I haven't played FF8 in about 12 years now. It's a game that I hold near my heart despite it being very unbalanced and unchallenging. Needless to say, the thought of experiencing it again with what will surely be fantastic gameplay is very exciting to me.
Not yet, I've been playing Wonderful 101 since I got the Steam code!

However I'd sure like to hear your best advice as to what I need as per what I'm looking for. Basically

-AI upscaled pre-rendered backgrounds. (Perhaps Videos too?)
-Those field/battle models that look like their OG artworks. Same for NPCs, enemies, bosses, everything, the big treatment.
-Perhaps, if optional, a harder difficulty.

I did the game countless times since 97, so now I'm just looking for a refreshed experience as much as possible, to hell with fidelity, I know the game by heart. 😁

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
Not yet, I've been playing Wonderful 101 since I got the Steam code!

However I'd sure like to hear your best advice as to what I need as per what I'm looking for. Basically

-AI upscaled pre-rendered backgrounds. (Perhaps Videos too?)
-Those field/battle models that look like their OG artworks. Same for NPCs, enemies, bosses, everything, the big treatment.
-Perhaps, if optional, a harder difficulty.

I did the game countless times since 97, so now I'm just looking for a refreshed experience as much as possible, to hell with fidelity, I know the game by heart. 😁

You want A New Threat- it's a fantastic overhaul that is more challenging than base game but not overly hard or frustrating.

Get the QHIMM Community Packages in 7th Heaven for Field Models, World Models, etc, Media (ie movies), etc They will all be listed in the catalog that comes with 7th Heaven.

Enable the modules then double click for options. You can toggle everything you want from there.

For visuals I would recommend "SYK" (Sasuki) upscales everywhere they are offered.

For character models go with Ninostyle when offered (this will give you he ones that look like Nomura's concept art) and Kaldarasha otherwise. That will give you the "realistically proportioned" models.

Another alternative is downloading Ninostyle's chibi field models (IRO version) from the Nexus and then import the IRO file into 7th heaven. These chibi models are insanely good and their proportions work better with the environmental art in the field. However only about 20% of them are complete so far and he still hasn't done chibi-style models for some key characters like Cid, Vince, and Elena. I started off going with the "realistic models" but have now settled on Ninostyle Chibi (where available) and vanilla models otherwise. It's a good balance.

It's all very easy to toggle on and off with 7th heaven so just download the modules and then you can can change things around to your heart's content until you hit your personal sweetspot.

Deleted member 3010

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You want A New Threat- it's a fantastic overhaul that is more challenging than base game but not overly hard or frustrating.

Get the QHIMM Community Packages in 7th Heaven for Field Models, World Models, etc, Media (ie movies), etc They will all be listed in the catalog that comes with 7th Heaven.

Enable the modules then double click for options. You can toggle everything you want from there.

For visuals I would recommend "SYK" (Sasuki) upscales everywhere they are offered.

For character models go with Ninostyle when offered (this will give you he ones that look like Nomura's concept art) and Kaldarasha otherwise. That will give you the "realistically proportioned" models.

Another alternative is downloading Ninostyle's chibi field models (IRO version) from the Nexus and then import the IRO file into 7th heaven. These chibi models are insanely good and their proportions work better with the environmental art in the field. However only about 20% of them are complete so far and he still hasn't done chibi-style models for some key characters like Cid, Vince, and Elena. I started off going with the "realistic models" but have now settled on Ninostyle Chibi (where available) and vanilla models otherwise. It's a good balance.

It's all very easy to toggle on and off with 7th heaven so just download the modules and then you can can change things around to your heart's content until you hit your personal sweetspot.
Thanks, just installed 7th Heaven and following the mods list order to download, starting with Miscellaneous.

As for the Ninostyle, I think it looks good but since it's incomplete I'll go with the other, for consistency's sake. I'll make sure to check it out once done though!

EDIT: Is this normal that the 7th Heaven app warns me that the Animation mod could potentially harm my computer?? Not sure how to feel about that. :lol

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks, just installed 7th Heaven and following the mods list order to download, starting with Miscellaneous.

As for the Ninostyle, I think it looks good but since it's incomplete I'll go with the other, for consistency's sake. I'll make sure to check it out once done though!

EDIT: Is this normal that the 7th Heaven app warns me that the Animation mod could potentially harm my computer?? Not sure how to feel about that. :lol
Yes, the warning is normal. Don't mind it, it's not going to harm your computer in anyway.

Crichton is right, so head his advice. Download every package from the author "Quimm community"; everything you need is there. The only one you can forgo is Miscellaneous, it contains a couple of incomplete mods. Project Edge is cool, but only like 20% complete, and the textures are so big that they cause memory issues for a lot of computers, so don't activate it.

Basically, downlaod every Quimm Community package and customize them to your liking. New Threat is in the Gameplay package, but it's an older version. You should get the IRO from the thread on Quimm (I linked to it earlier in the thread).

Make sure you auto-sort the mods after having them all installed, and always run 7th Heaven in administrator mode. Always. You should turn on the setting permanently for the program by going into the exe's compatibility menu.

Deleted member 3010

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, the warning is normal. Don't mind it, it's not going to harm your computer in anyway.

Crichton is right, so head his advice. Download every package from the author "Quimm community"; everything you need is there. The only one you can forgo is Miscellaneous, it contains a couple of incomplete mods. Project Edge is cool, but only like 20% complete, and the textures are so big that they cause memory issues for a lot of computers, so don't activate it.

Basically, downlaod every Quimm Community package and customize them to your liking. New Threat is in the Gameplay package, but it's an older version. You should get the IRO from the thread on Quimm (I linked to it earlier in the thread).

Make sure you auto-sort the mods after having them all installed, and always run 7th Heaven in administrator mode. Always. You should turn on the setting permanently for the program by going into the exe's compatibility menu.
Thanks, just did all that!

Still downloading everything, I'm at the Media mod now, it all makes the game quite heavier!

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017

Just to be 100% clear- you still do want Ninostyle when selecting field and battle mods inside Seventh Heaven. He's the one who made the character models look like Nomura concept art. The chibi thing is another, separate mod he is working on.

But you will want to use Kaldashara for anything that doesn't have Ninostyle available so that you get the realistic proportions across the board.

Deleted member 3010

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just to be 100% clear- you still do want Ninostyle when selecting field and battle mods inside Seventh Heaven. He's the one who made the character models look like Nomura concept art. The chibi thing is another, separate mod he is working on.

But you will want to use Kaldashara for anything that doesn't have Ninostyle available so that you get the realistic proportions across the board.
Gotcha, thanks.

Have a problem now, the Field Texture mod always blocks at some point via the 7th Heaven app...I tried to restart the program but it always end up getting stuck at around 20% of the download, all the others had no issues.

Can I download it separately elsewhere and just add it to a folder?

Terandle

Oct 27, 2017
Dunno if you have a DS4 but I used DS4Windows to remap the d-pad to the analog stick

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
Gotcha, thanks.

Have a problem now, the Field Texture mod always blocks at some point via the 7th Heaven app...I tried to restart the program but it always end up getting stuck at around 20% of the download, all the others had no issues.

Maybe try downloading here and then use the installer to make an IRO file. Once you have the IRO just import it to 7th Heaven. I believe you need to use the PNG option in the installer because FFNx isn't supported in 7th Heaven yet.

If your pad isn't working at all, go into "Set up USB Game Controllers" in Windows, select the Xbox controller, click "Advanced" and make sure it is selected as your preferred controller. Happened to me with FF7 too.

Last edited:

Blade30

Oct 26, 2017
Gotcha, thanks.

Downloading via the mod manager can be really slow and also just stop occasionally too. You can download the mods also from here http://7thheaven.rocks which has a couple mirrors and torrent links.

Akasaki

Oct 27, 2017

I didn't have a problem with 7th Heaven, it was the field textures mods that weren't working except for remako. That's what I've been using.

Jun 11, 2019
@ScorchedBacon How's New Threat so far? Have you run into further issues?
Dunno why I never got the notification for this, lol

Uh, unfortunately, I'm probably gonna have to put it on hold until I either get a new computer or figure out the issue with getting the game to start up properly, it seems switching to Satsuki didn't fully fix the issue and now I'm having trouble getting the game to start even without the field texture mods.

At this point, I'm pretty sure it's an issue with my system tbh.