• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
51417990511_2e43fccb9d_k.jpg

Relive the excitement from the worlds of Final Fantasy in some of the franchise's most iconic adventures. Starting next week, we'll be adding a chapter of this beloved RPG series to PlayStation Now each month, beginning with Final Fantasy VII (the original game!) on September 7. Every month until January 2022, we'll add another chapter of the Final Fantasy series to PlayStation Now, so you can download or stream these titles on your PS4 or PS5 console, or stream on PC. Take a look at the full lineup below.

Final Fantasy VII | September 7

Final Fantasy VIII Remastered | October 5

Final Fantasy IX | November 2

Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster | December 7

Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age | January 4, 2022

blog.playstation.com

5 Final Fantasy games coming to PlayStation Now starting this month

Relive some of the most iconic adventures in RPG history.

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
That's actually pretty nice. Never played FFIX. Was already considering re-subbing, this might do it.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
That sounds pretty random.

Possibly a marketing ramp up for Final Fantasy XVI? Especially considering Sony's showcase next week

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018

Possibly a marketing ramp up for Final Fantasy XVI? Especially considering Sony's showcase next week
Not really random, it's just a nice get. Microsoft pretty much had/have the same deal on Game pass, though 7/9 are now gone but 13 is also included.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
PsNow has definitely improved dramatically the past year. They just need to do better with recent indie games to make it more appealing to me. I don't even necessarily need day one AAA stuff like GP does since the service is like half price and I usually get a year on sale for $30 too.

My GP sub ends this December, I rode that Alienware promo almost the whole way lol.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
XVI is coming in the first half of next year then and we'll see it next week.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
Why don't you finish putting them on Game Pass before you hop on another contract, Square Enix?

Oct 27, 2017
Ah so THIS is why they have been slowly leaving game pass. Since we know Sony has a deal to keep RE8 off game pass, I wouldn't be surprised if they are striking deals with Japanese pubs to move games from GP to Now.

hoping they revamped Now to have more new indies and new releases from smaller teams like game pass. They don't have to put day 1 Sony games on there but smaller stuff would be great

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Hopefully those won't count as one of the 3 games minimum they release each month.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Probably will, I've noticed some months we get 5-6 games others we get 3. I'm hoping it's a six game month.
It's usually 3, 2 "big" games and 1 indie. Every now and then we have months with 5-9 games. I will be pissed if they end up counting these FF as one of the 3 minimum games for 5 months. I think it won't be the case though, when they added a bunch of Sonic games at once we still got other games (more than 3 btw).

Geode

Oct 27, 2017
Cool, I guess. I feel like if you own a PS and are a FF fan you probably already own these games lol.

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Oct 28, 2017
I guess we won't know if these are permanent additions or not until next week?

Edit: Should actually be sooner I'm guessing if the drop is next week...

iksenpets

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas, TX

Putting franchises' legacy titles on subscription services as marketing for new releases seems smart. Especially for long-running series like FF or Resident Evil, I would think the smart thing would be to make sure that you always have at least one or two older titles rotating through the subscription services.

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Nice! After playing FFVIIR and loving it, I'll play the original one for the first time.
I can play VIII and IX with my subscription too, but don't know if they're suitable for my taste or not.

Toth

Oct 26, 2017
Then again, this version doesnt have any remaster-like features, right?

Nesther

Oct 27, 2017
Switzerland
Heh I was going to get X/X-2 for another playthrough since release after the EZA hall of fame. Guess I'm waiting a bit now!