• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
3ywVlrh.jpg

www.nexusmods.com

Mods :: Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age

Browse 221 mods for Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age at Nexus Mods

VBF Browser:
Browse, extract, and replace game files with this tool.​
3SsSn6d.jpg
www.nexusmods.com

VBF Browser

Browse, extract, and replace game files with this tool.
RESPEC (Job Reset, Full License Board Refund):
Just in case people want a easy way to access this and find a CT file with respec and job reset tables in it.​
Refund License Points and Reset Jobs CT File found in this post.​
Cheat engine can be obtained here.​
  1. When installed, make sure the game is running with the save file you want loaded.
  2. Double click the CT file, then click the computer button at the upper left side (it has a multi colored box surrounding it).
  3. Pick the Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age process, and now click boxes you want to activate for the game.
[Warning!]​
When you click the boxes under the character's tree it's activated instantly, there's no confirm, so be careful it's something you want, and you have already made a back up save just in case.​
hQBe5Rh.jpg

Zodiac Planner:
Create your own license boards or edit existing ones and use them in the game.​
YU8lJj3.jpg
www.nexusmods.com

Zodiac Planner - Custom License Boards

Create your own license boards or edit existing ones and use them in the game.

Party Gambits and Party Available Everywhere: (Currently Causes Crashes)
"You can have your party in towns its not RP friendly but it works and is an example of what can be done with almost no effort."
BJNCX64.jpg
www.nexusmods.com

party gambits and party available everywhere

you can have your party in towns its not RP friendly but it works and is an example of what can be done with almost no effort.

FF XII Zodiac Age PC Master Save Files:
This is a collection of saves from several key points early in the game. These saves will allow you to select your job boards and experiment with various combinations and start with great stats.​
www.nexusmods.com

FF XII Zodiac Age PC Master Save Files

This is a collection of saves from several key points early in the game. These saves will allow you to select your job boards and experiment with various combinations and start with great stats.

No Overhead HP Bars for Allies:
Hides the team's blue healthbar.​
g794wyB.png
www.nexusmods.com

No overhead HP bar for allies

Hides the team's blue healthbar.

Play as Reks Fully:
You can now Fully Play as Reks throughout the Whole Game!​
BqT1zA1.png
www.nexusmods.com

Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age - Play as Reks Fully

You can now Fully Play as Reks throughout the Whole Game!
Improved Decoy
A very simple modification to Decoy that makes it never miss and increases the base duration from 20 to 60 seconds.​
2oKyTCX.jpg
www.nexusmods.com

Improved Decoy

A very simple modification to Decoy that makes it never miss and increases the base duration from 20 to 60 seconds.

Last edited:

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
There's only two mods I want: a texture mod to give Vaan a shirt, and a mod that allows for the use of four party members at all times instead of having to wait for a guest to show up.

lorddarkflare

Oct 25, 2017
There's only two mods I want: a texture mod to give Vaan a shirt, and a mod that allows for the use of four party members at all times instead of having to wait for a guest to show up.

Good idea on both mods.

Double points if adding a guest forces the player to reorg the party so as to not have 5 members.

Triple points if Vaan also get gloves and looks like this:

latest

OP
OP
Ploid 6.0

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
It would be awesome if people can add 3d modeling to the characters to give Vaan that shirt look. Also class gears, I hope the mod scene really blows up for this game. I want a gameplay difficulty and rebalance mod of sorts.

Lat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
does this game have in-game cheats? I just want unlimited health so I can just go through the story

Fou-Lu

Oct 25, 2017
I really don't know why people love the shirt look so much, I think it is awful and much worse than his original design.

Parfait

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Im also hopin there can be an in-town Vaan replacement so i can finally play as Penelo, though i guess that Party in Town mod might work well for it.

Jaysc

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't even think about how the modding community would work with FF12. These are really interesting stuff.

My only wish is for a way to move my ps4 save to PC (was possible with FF10 on the ps3)

Brinksman

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, that's fascinating. I hope for the ability to mod the scenario/narrative down the line, maybe bring about the alternate universe where Basch is the leading man!

Kvik

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Downunder.
Is replacing textures possible right now? The game looks mostly wonderful, but some textures (especially ground textures like grass and dirt) are still painfully low-res.

We are now able to dump the textures by using SpecialK's mod tools menu. In theory we should be able to reinject the modded texture back into the game by using SpecialK as well.

39616851144_a4a5c3f40c_o.jpg

Parsnip

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
I haven't looked into it at all, but being Phyre, I'm wondering if compatible tools for textures and maybe even models might already exist. Maybe the official tools have leaked at some point.

Poking around a bit, looks like all the fmv's are webm's with vp8 and vorbis combo. libVorbis version 1.3.4 2014-01-22 (Turpakäräjiin).
In case anyone was curious.

It's also pretty fascinating to me how the game seems to use data from both what looks like a ps2 data dump and new data.

Also looks like you can turn Yebis off.

BriGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
does this game have in-game cheats? I just want unlimited health so I can just go through the story
Aside from the already mentioned stuff, there's also a trainer out there that gives you infinite HP and MP.

You would think that would make you invincible, but I still managed to eat a game over in the ludicrous trial mode. You'll still die if something hits you for more HP than your total amount and from instant death attacks which higher level boss monsters just love. That said, with enough planning I would have been alright. I ran out of phoenix downs and made the mistake of having all three of my party members who could cast raise get wiped out at the same time. I don't know how the hell someone is supposed to beat that mode legitimately.

Andres

Oct 25, 2017
If costume mods ever become a thing, I hope one day this ends up in the game.

KO9HSz1.jpg

When I first saw this, I thought maybe we'd see the characters getting job class costumes in Zodiac Age.

lake

Oct 27, 2017
I'm happy to see a scene beginning. I really want a difficulty / rebalancing mod to make the game more challenging again. Apparently it's tuned very differently now, much easier overall.

Meta

Oct 29, 2017
The custom license board mod is tempting me to double dip for the remaster. Now, if someone went all out and modded in a proper Weapon Skill / Skillchain system using custom-made Tecknicks that consume Mist Charges...

Exentryk

Oct 25, 2017
Someone please make a mod to replace Xbox controller icons with PS icons.

Overall, it's great to see this game getting more mod support.

PepsimanVsJoe

Oct 26, 2017
Sigh...I wish my PC didn't suck.

It'd be nice (if ridiculously overpowered) to have a permanent four-member party.

Exentryk

Oct 25, 2017
If you turn off PS4 Configuration Support within the Big Picture Mode Controller Configuration and exit out of DS4Windows, you should be able to see the DS4 icons without any need for mods.

I want to play wirelessly, and that only works with Inputmapper. Don't have Sony's bluetooth dongle.

OP
OP
Ploid 6.0

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Edit: It's just a one grid for all License Board edit. Not an sphere grid.

OOOoooooh Snap! The uploaded picture of the sphere is very small so I can't tell if this person laid out the nodes very well, but it's a start and I know someone asked for this. FFX like sphere grid. If someone makes it as complex as Path of Exile things will be very interesting.

Zodiac Sphere: https://www.nexusmods.com/finalfantasy12/mods/7

This FFX style Sphere Grid replaces the existing license boards... The license board includes all licenses. The job you select determines your starting location on the license board.

VBF Browser is required!

https://www.nexusmods.com/finalfantasy12/mods/3

Load VBF Browser and inject the 12 license boards to /ps2data/image/ff12/test_battle/in/binaryfile into the FFXII_TZA.vbf file found within the main route directory of Final Fantasy XII Zodiac Age

Last edited:

Parsnip

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
OOOoooooh Snap! The uploaded picture of the sphere is very small so I can't tell if this person laid out the nodes very well, but it's a start and I know someone asked for this. FFX like sphere grid. If someone makes it as complex as Path of Exile things will be very interesting.

Zodiac Sphere: https://www.nexusmods.com/finalfantasy12/mods/7
ZCZ9J6G.jpg

This FFX style Sphere Grid replaces the existing license boards... The license board includes all licenses. The job you select determines your starting location on the license board.

VBF Browser is required!

https://www.nexusmods.com/finalfantasy12/mods/3

Load VBF Browser and inject the 12 license boards to /ps2data/image/ff12/test_battle/in/binaryfile into the FFXII_TZA.vbf file found within the main route directory of Final Fantasy XII Zodiac Age
That's a cool idea.

OP
OP
Ploid 6.0

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I'm tempted to try it just to get a picture of the grid. Heck I'll do it for science, I doubt my saves will get messed up.