signal

Oct 28, 2017
Lodestone

Lots of stuff. New gear new cpose new trials new tomestone new venture items new housing stuff new etc.

kpux0G8.jpg

FcOyl7b.jpg

G4cLWfp.jpg

New 'classic' theme kind of nasty

OR3JyIU.png

oiMsIkA.png

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Even as someone who's caught up these patch lists always throw me off and make me feel like I'm missing half the content in the game, haha

I need to find the Bozjan front NPC for one thing to figure out what that even is, and finish up the Eden fights. And maybe start gathering/crafting?

also I like that the classic blue theme is coming but god does it not match the rest of the game (to be fair I think that UI aesthetic has looked bad in every game post-FFVII)

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Even as someone who's caught up these patch lists always throw me off and make me feel like I'm missing half the content in the game, haha

I need to find the Bozjan front NPC for one thing to figure out what that even is, and finish up the Eden fights. And maybe start gathering/crafting?

also I like that the classic blue theme is coming but god does it not match the rest of the game (to be fair I think that UI aesthetic has looked bad in every game post-FFVII)
Bozja is a better working Eureka with a more boring looking map.

Chirotera

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Oof, just reminds me I left off near the start of Heavensward, but after 150 hours of ARR, I burned out a bit. Such a great game, I really need to dive back in and catch up.

Loving the classic theme too!

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder if I got enough time to finish Bozja and get the tank set. I stopped due to other games around the 3rd area of it.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
Think I'll get back into this and try and finish Stormblood over the holidays so I can get into Shadowbringers. Amazing game.

Deleted member 85982

user requested account closure
Banned
Nov 17, 2020
I've put maybe ten hours into XIV but that classic menu just did a number on me. If/when I go back, that bastard is getting turned on forever.

All FF menus should be in the classic blue. I cannot be convinced otherwise. A lack of classic menu option was straight up my biggest grievance with FFVIII on my most recent playthrough.

I know my priorities are dumb, but that color matters, dammit. I even painted my Regalia in XV the classic menu blue with white trim. I'm beyond saving.

Megawarrior

Oct 25, 2017
Only if you finished Castrum once iirc. And a lot of people just stopped doing it, which is kind of a problem for those late to the party.
I was waiting for this patch to finally come back for the first time since like May after finally catching up on everything. I hope that's not true.

Apollo

Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Classic theme looks obnoxious as hell, and I am absolutely going to be using it. Still waiting on detailed monk changes though, so I can figure out if I'm switching back to the OG main.

OberstKrueger

Jan 7, 2018
One of my favorite things with the game is that there's so much content for different types of players. Completionists have a lot to do, but if there's anything you don't find as fun, it's easy to ignore (unless it's the main questline!) and just focus on other things. It makes the patch notes long as hell, but there's a good chunk of it I just ignore because it's in areas that I don't enjoy (I'll never complete a relic weapon, too much grinding for my tastes)

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
Yo
Rings that could be purchased in exchange for Allagan tomestones of poetics, Allied Seals, and Centurio Seals are no longer classified as unique.

You'll be able to wear x2 Augmented Ironworks/Shire/Scaevan rings now.

Eden and MSQ are gonna be awesome, but I'm actually maybe most curious from a lore perspective what's up with the new Warring Triad and ShB role quests, considering
Unukalhai and Cyella are both from the 13th/World of Darkness.
Need to know what they're setting up here.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
One of my favorite things with the game is that there's so much content for different types of players. Completionists have a lot to do, but if there's anything you don't find as fun, it's easy to ignore (unless it's the main questline!) and just focus on other things. It makes the patch notes long as hell, but there's a good chunk of it I just ignore because it's in areas that I don't enjoy (I'll never complete a relic weapon, too much grinding for my tastes)

Yeah I like that a lot, though more and more raids seem to be getting tied into the main characters + plotline so they've become a bit more mandatory. Still, they're not too difficult even though I feel pressured to read up on them beforehand.

I do wish there was a character in each major hub that you could talk to for a run-down of where to find stuff with a brief description of what it entails. When I finally caught up with ShB I was just standing there after finishing the main quest line with choice paralysis.

Einherjer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I was waiting for this patch to finally come back for the first time since like May after finally catching up on everything. I hope that's not true.

Yeah Castrum is unfortunately completely dead since the coin drop hotfix and anyone still on the quest is fucked, no clue what they where thinking tbh i'm stuck myself and can't progress anymore i hope they fix this soon.

MoonToon

Banned
Nov 9, 2018
Yeah Castrum is unfortunately completely dead since the coin drop hotfix and anyone still on the quest is fucked, no clue what they where thinking tbh i'm stuck myself and can't progress anymore i hope they fix this soon.

At the very least it'll pick back up when the next step gets close for 5.45.
The point of the hotfix was that people didn't like how much of a grind it was to get the gear AND the upgrades to it ... but apparently they forgot that CLL legit has SHIT drop rates for the augmentation upgrades and offers nothing else outside of coins and frags. So yeah, everyone stopped doing it even though it's the fastest way to get coins when it's up. All they would have to do is flat out increase the drop rate of the augmentation mats to a decent degree to get people to run it again.

But yeah ... I've got close to 900 coins and a few upgraded parts from CLL drops and I'm just gonna sit on em until we find out if you need the augmented sets later to get what I assume will be the glow role sets down the line. Haste is such a ... nothing buff that I fear they're gonna use the augmented sets as the path towards upgrading them with actual buffs for final part.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, I'm excited as fuck for the Safekeeping quest.

I didn't expect them to actually expand on story with a new quest, doubly so since it's likely something only a fraction of players will have unlocked.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just resubbed 2 days ago in atencipation for this patch. Really curious about in what direction the story will take from now on.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Nice, this will be a great patch and I will check out the new theme aswell.

Abaddonn

Dec 4, 2018

Castrum really is quite easy, I think the biggest issue might be to get enough people for it I guess? though you don't even need a full team for it to clear it.

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
New gear looks cool! I like the tome, raid, and crafted gear this tier. Last tier I only really liked the crafted set so I'm pleased.

Interested in seeing the job changes too. I want to see the number changes on MNK and DRG, but at least it's only a few days away.

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
This is the first time I've been caught on FF14 at the time of a new patch. I'm mostly just excited to see where the story is going!

Nali

Oct 25, 2017
dad5b2d268285417991981d7dbbb2caf90acfc6c_49.png

I need them

Some really nice QoL changes in this patch, and apparently I've really got to go finish the Warring Triad questline now.

Kyrona

Jul 9, 2020
Pretty useless patch notes without the job changes
They don't post the job changes until the Monday maintenance, it has been that way all expac. I wouldn't expect them before that point.

On a side note: I'm so ready for this next raid tier. I'm going to be streaming as we go for a week 1 clear all week next week if anyone is interested.