Super

Studied the Buster Sword
Jan 29, 2022
4zihGL6.jpg
I know this content is old news to a lot of you but I finally crossed DRS off my bucket list last night! Found a planned run on another data center where the people running it absolutely melted everything - I'll admit, we were carried by absolute pros. Think it was my fifth attempt overall. Though I'd like to clear it a few more times before DT in order to get some of those juicy judge glamour pieces. Kinda want some of the Casting set as glamour for Picto, but I'll hold off on turning in any of the gear tokens until I can see how the two dye channels affects all the sets. Anyways, this was also important to me because I want to make sure I have every Voidsent mount and minion they release.

Gods, I'm so excited for the BA/DRS of Dawntrail. I fully intend to learn and prog the content while it's new this time around. Seriously some of the coolest group content in the game.

🤜🤛
Right there with you.
Though I've embraced Reaper as my main outlet for unleashing havoc, I'll always come home to DRK. I'll be donning my Greatsword to experience the DT story for sure.

Congratulations, DRS is some of the most engaging content in the game. I absolutely love it. It can take a few hours to do on a discord call but feels great to clear.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Congratulations, DRS is some of the most engaging content in the game. I absolutely love it. It can take a few hours to do on a discord call but feels great to clear.
Thank you!! Yeah, depending on how many newbies are in the run as a variable it can really go either way. I think I saw maybe 12 or so first timer achievements fire off at the very end so I think there were a lot of vets in this run, thankfully. Either way the organization required is a really fun part of it.

I'm not sure if I like BA or DRS more when all is said and done. I think DRS is more interesting as a whole, but I remember liking the split encounters at the start of BA more than Golems/Slimes which are sort of simplistic. Ozma is slightly more challenging than The Queen, I think. My favorite fight between both raids is Queen's Guard, though - such a cool fight.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Does this return campaign mean my only recently lapsed sub qualifies or do you have to have not played within X months? My group is about to run raid trials but I hadn't planned on resubbing until right before launch so this worked out perfectly if I can play

Temperance

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
[NO 2FA]
Does this return campaign mean my only recently lapsed sub qualifies or do you have to have not played within X months? My group is about to run raid trials but I hadn't planned on resubbing until right before launch so this worked out perfectly if I can play
30 days or longer since your last subscription, 96 hours start when you first login and doesn't stop counting down.

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
Actually screw that, my first hour in Dawntrail will be spent in the Glamour Dresser trying to color coordinate my glam with dual channel dyes. Wuk Lamat can wait.

Thank you!! Yeah, depending on how many newbies are in the run as a variable it can really go either way. I think I saw maybe 12 or so first timer achievements fire off at the very end so I think there were a lot of vets in this run, thankfully. Either way the organization required is a really fun part of it.

I'm not sure if I like BA or DRS more when all is said and done. I think DRS is more interesting as a whole, but I remember liking the split encounters at the start of BA more than Golems/Slimes which are sort of simplistic. Ozma is slightly more challenging than The Queen, I think. My favorite fight between both raids is Queen's Guard, though - such a cool fight.

I think DRS is a better raid in FFXIV terms while BA is a more interesting... experience? Like by the end of the day DRS is very similar to Alliance Raids with a bit more stuff between bosses, while BA, while not difficult, is very different from anything else in XIV in terms of raids. You still have to do a lot outside of fighting bosses, and you even need the help of people in Hydatos for Support Desk (idk how it's called in NA). It's pretty unique.

Apoptomon

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
For the Americans (i.e. US only):
Beginning June 25, 2024, all customer transactions on the FINAL FANTASY XIV Online Store and Mog Station, including game subscriptions, will be subject to any state or local sales tax, where applicable. Any purchases made following the introduction of these changes will be adjusted to include estimated sales tax based on the address registered on the Square Enix account from which the purchase is made.

...ALL OTHER REGIONS: continue to GST/VAT/tax-evade as you please.

regional currencies other than EUR/GBP/JPY/USD when, SE?

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
I didn't want to fill the page with quotes but i want to thank everyone that replied.

I sat my son down and really went over the SMN mechanics and stuff for a couple of hours and it's starting to really click he still wants to level alt jobs which as someone who has every wow character maxed out and most FF jobs maxed i get it. Side note i started Blue Mage since it's a job that has eluded me for years but having wrapped the yokai event and not having much to do till the expansion i figured it would take up a good chunk of time collecting all powers and stuff and good lord is it a fun job to play it makes me even more excited for Beastmaster. Don't worry i won't be ruining your fates like some inconsiderate blue mages

NoalleGospell

Dec 3, 2018
Puerto Rico
I'm still waiting for a tank that fully clicks for me. Been playing since ARR and always have everything at max level by the time a new expansion comes out but healers and tanks were mainly doing the leveling process and not really using them much after. It wasn't until Sage that I really started to click with a healer and am having allot more fun using all healers now.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Fall guys event is still unplayable garbage. I only force myself through it for the rare dyes in the shop

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I think DRS is a better raid in FFXIV terms while BA is a more interesting... experience? Like by the end of the day DRS is very similar to Alliance Raids with a bit more stuff between bosses, while BA, while not difficult, is very different from anything else in XIV in terms of raids. You still have to do a lot outside of fighting bosses, and you even need the help of people in Hydatos for Support Desk (idk how it's called in NA). It's pretty unique.
That's the more apt way to look at it. Without Lost Actions DRS would just be an Alliance Raid on a higher tier of difficulty. The inclusion of Lost Actions as a necessity to clear DRS compensates for the downgrade in raid complexity from BA->DRS. I'm really curious what balance the next Field Operation content will strike, and what sort of secondary gameplay system they'll tack on that's different enough from Lost Actions and the Magia Board to set it apart.

Perfect Chaos

Oct 25, 2017
Charlottesville, VA, USA
I missed the Fall Guys event on the first go-around, so I finally got to jump in this week and snag the cosmetics, mounts, etc.

It's really neat, but man, hit reg is so extremely fucked - and I don't know if it's just that the collision requirements are too much for the XIV engine to handle, or if it's east coast NA latency.

Like, if that crystal delivery stage comes up, I might as well AFK or leave.

pezzie

Oct 27, 2017
I missed the Fall Guys event on the first go-around, so I finally got to jump in this week and snag the cosmetics, mounts, etc.

It's really neat, but man, hit reg is so extremely fucked - and I don't know if it's just that the collision requirements are too much for the XIV engine to handle, or if it's east coast NA latency.

Like, if that crystal delivery stage comes up, I might as well AFK or leave.
If it's anything like the last event, just wait a couple of weeks then travel to a quiet datacenter or queue in the middle of the night and chances are you can get some solo runs in.

Persephone

Oct 25, 2017
Pulling to the wall is exhilarating actually. It turns out tanking (dungeons at least) is fine, I just hate Paladin!!

Raxious

Oct 27, 2017
was really hoping to get all my battle jobs to lvl 90 before Dawntrail, but don't think that will happen. Still got a crap ton to lvl and there just isn't a decent way other than daily rolo's for one job.

tabris

Oct 27, 2017
was really hoping to get all my battle jobs to lvl 90 before Dawntrail, but don't think that will happen. Still got a crap ton to lvl and there just isn't a decent way other than daily rolo's for one job.

Beast tribes is easiest way. Once 80 with a job, do the hippo beast tribe every day. Takes no time.

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
I wanted to do a tank for queues in DT but neither of the ones I play (DRK and WAR) changed that much it seems. I'll probably do BRD or NIN or something instead.

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
As far as we could tell from the job action trailer no tank really changed so enjoy 2+ more years but your finisher get 1 more follow up it seems.
Of course purely based on the job action trailer but also what I've seen people talk around for tanks about it.
--------
Bozja scales in percentages so it is the best way to grind level outside spamming dungeons. That said it needs you to unlock all zones.
Something I've come to understand not everyone will care to do before they reap the rewards.

Dougieflesh

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Milky Way Ghetto
As far as we could tell from the job action trailer no tank really changed so enjoy 2+ more years but your finisher get 1 more follow up it seems.
Of course purely based on the job action trailer but also what I've seen people talk around for tanks about it.
--------
Bozja scales in percentages so it is the best way to grind level outside spamming dungeons. That said it needs you to unlock all zones.
Something I've come to understand not everyone will care to do before they reap the rewards.
What tank changes were you hoping for?

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
What tank changes were you hoping for?
None I'm not maining tank. But I think gunbreakers were hoping for a clear sign of the issues being fixed that 3rd cartridge introduced. Don't remember the exact solutions they were proposing.
From the outside it seems pretty fair though seeing people pointing out that all the tanks seemed mostly to get +1 on their finisher and square called it a day.

Dougieflesh

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Milky Way Ghetto
None I'm not maining tank. But I think gunbreakers were hoping for a clear sign of the issues being fixed that 3rd cartridge introduced. Don't remember the exact solutions they were proposing.
From the outside it seems pretty fair though seeing people pointing out that all the tanks seemed mostly to get +1 on their finisher and square called it a day.
Yeah the Gunbreaker ammo issues are extremely annoying. I honestly don't know how they fix it.

I think they've cornered themselves with PLD and WAR. There really isn't much "wrong" with those jobs, so unfortunately they might end up getting boring +1's.

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
I've been doing Bozja to level jobs past 70 but that's in addition to me wanting to get my Resistance Honors up and also just genuinely really enjoying running CLL, DR, and Dalriada even if they aren't the most exp/time efficient.

TiredGamer

Oct 27, 2017
Don't forget daily hunts. They provide a decent amount of exp and can be done alongside FATEs while you're in queued.

Nista

Oct 26, 2017
Was gone on vacation for 2 weeks with no laptop, time to get on that event grind now before it's too late. 😆

Also need to get my inventory cleaned out and gear ready for Dawntrail, I feel so behind now!

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
3 years after starting the game, I finally got my Amaro today. I never need to visit Lydha Lran again! I hope the reward for getting all jobs to 100 is better than the shitty feather for 90.

Dunan

Jun 11, 2018

I paid for two months' worth of Crysta in anticipation of playing the first month of Dawntrail and then a second month maybe in the autumn. Happy to get the purchase in before all the processing shenanigans affecting people who are playing outside the country where they originally made their PSN/SE accounts.

I was charged $12.99 for the Crysta; does this mean they will (if my state sales tax is 6%) charge 1.06 x 1299 Crysta the day I reactivate the account, or is the sales tax taken when the Crysta is bought? If the latter, that's pretty sneaky, as I'm sure many people buy the exact amount of Crysta required to play for a specific period. I don't think they allow you to buy Crysta under a certain limit (1000?), so people who bought exactly 1299 in such a situation will get stuck. Surely they're not doing it that way.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I assume PVP Warrior is balanced for CC bc I keep getting wrecked in FL lol

I'm pretty sure most PvP balancing in general is for CC with FL as the second priority, yeah.

It's at least slightly more reasonable than when it was balanced around the Feast, since CC is much more active than that, but…

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
GOb1Bk6XcAEXPpP

GOb2GWLWQAASjHs

Today was world lala day. All DC's lala communities met up on OCE for a parade!

So many potatoes that the game couldn't even load everyone lol.

Was fun auto translating to Japanese players too.

Fireye

Oct 26, 2017
The Amaro mount was way cooler, but it broke the normal "get all classes to XX level" achievement rewards we had gotten before. We had the Paragon's Crown, Warlord's Crown, Dynasty Crown, and then the Amaro Horn. I think there should be some midpoint between questionable headpieces and an amazing mount that they can shoot for though...

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
Heating Max Payne saying "...that old familiar feeling" in my head upon my first time back in that nightmare final round of Fall Guys. Gonna go ahead and do my blood pressure a solid and avoid doing more of this lol

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
After almost taking up cigarettes again from doing the entire yokai event in a few days i am ready to burn some more time farming stuff what is the best way to go about solo farming the moogle treasure event? I'm not huge on doing raids or big group content.

I've also found myself going back and finally trying to level up my grand company some more but i seem to still be stuck i assume i stopped at the squadron stuff because i couldn't figure out how to get a group that match up the stats.