Altair

Jan 11, 2018
Gonna be honest, I expected 7.0 to be a bigger deviation from the classic XIV formula. Looks like a very safe expansion so far

That's how these devs have always operated which is both a good and bad thing for this game. It doesn't need safe right now. It needs new blood and they're not giving it any.

Persephone

Oct 25, 2017
How are they going to handle button bloat I wonder. I still want a PVP style thing where combos are on the same button.

steejee

Oct 28, 2017
Just watched trailer (finally), song was meh but enjoyed the trailer for what it was. Does at least having the Scions being less grim for a change, at least to start...

OP
OP
Helix

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
it looks alright, I was not expecting anything massive but this is pretty decent

Deleted member 3038

Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't expecting FF16 levels of graphics or anything but hopefully those hair textures are further improved, on Lalafell you can still see the aliasing on it.

It'll probably look much better in game tho with the improved lighting and shadows

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
h0yGOiy.png

When you're hiding a lalafell potato in your left cheek

TalonJH

Oct 27, 2017
Louisville, KY
I'm going to guess that the spirit hint is Green Mage. YoshiP like XII so maybe. For the melee, I think the WoL in the trailer was that job. It looked like they only had one sword and no shield. I didn't feel like the sword looked like the Western idea of what a pirate sword looks like but I think it's going to be some kind of pirate-like job. When he reveals himself in the trailer, I thought he looked kind of like Edward from Assassin's Creed Black Flag.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
Materials improvements and better shadows will go the longest way in improving the overall look.
Should result in some great looking environments and armor interaction

Rod

Oct 25, 2017
Lalas look the same, gotta be honest, lol

But lalas are evil, anyways. So no candy for them.

Kenai

Oct 26, 2017
I'm going to guess that the spirit hint is Green Mage. YoshiP like XII so maybe. For the melee, I think the WoL in the trailer was that job. It looked like they only had one sword and no shield. I didn't feel like the sword looked like the Western idea of what a pirate sword looks like but I think it's going to be some kind of pirate-like job. When he reveals himself in the trailer, I thought he looked kind of like Edward from Assassin's Creed Black Flag.

I would not be surprised if it was a cutlass type job with a flintlock or something for finishers

Wyze

Nov 15, 2018
The graphics update looks more focused on the environments than the character models.