• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monstress

Sep 9, 2019
Early 5.2 spoilers

So, the Exarch and his Nu Mou partner basically created a phylactery, am I right? Though I'm sure there won't be any lich in Shadowbringers, it was still funny.

And when Y'shtola states that our ennemies seemingly can't stay dead, I was like... Yeah, you tell me, buddy.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
They're finally doing it aren't they

Ardbert is totally gathering the public so they worship him and he can take the form of a primal for the 5.3 boss. That idea has been speculated so much in terms of our WoL that this feels like the perfect opportunity for it to happen.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Damn so the guy that updates ACT is apparently on vacation and won't be able to update ACT till next week. I guess that's fine anyways.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
Anyone having controller issues on PC? It might be a driver issue on my side or something but it's only occurring with FFXIV. My DS4 stops working sometimes

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Gonna take a break and eat. Talked myself into doing Ruby EX first cause I want that weapon before going into Savage.

Xion_Stellar

Oct 25, 2017
Somehow I managed to remain in the top 100 in Aether despite the fact that I only played like 2 days in the last 4 weeks.

My first ever feast mount!

PYCMKei.png
How many hours would you say you gave each day for Feast? And what was your Win/Loss Ratio like? If with only two days of involvement you can somehow land at the top 100 than I may give the Feast a try during the next Feast season.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't say the MSQ has any "earth-shattering revelations", but it does set up 5.3 nicely to be pretty darn cool.
I liked the solo instance a lot. That was a nice change of pace from the norm.

Yeah, it's fake. It's just a MP3 off this album here.
Oh well. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Rei was my favorite as a kid, but Minako's soared up to a two-way tie with Ami now upon revisiting the series, lol.

Interesting, as a kid I always disliked Rei since she seemed like a scary older sister, I wonder how I would feel about them now 20 years later. I guess I have to rewatch it sometimes.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I don't like E7N. Is there any way to tell
which of the red and blue portals will go off first?

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Ran E5N blind since I wanted to see what it's like to run a raid on Day 1. What a disaster lol. It's been a while since I felt that useless in group content.

To clarify, the group as a whole did well (only wiped once), but I think I died the most of everyone, so I was just an awful healer. I couldn't really figure out the mechanics on the fly so just felt like random lightning was killing me every 10 seconds.

Looks like a really cool raid (music was really awesome) and it seems like it'll probably be pretty easy to get carried through the rest of these if I just wanted the clear. But I think these will be a lot more fun for me personally if I didn't feel so lost and useless in the group. I'll do the rest of these once some sort of guide comes out, which is how I've always done raids before.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
Yes I was about to post this, wtf is this one about. Just did it 5 mins ago. Somehow my blind healing ass pulled through only cause I followed a tank around.

Anyway, coffee biscuits.

Ran E5N blind since I wanted to see what it's like to run a raid on Day 1. What a disaster lol. It's been a while since I felt that useless in group content.

To clarify, the group as a whole did well (only wiped once), but I think I died the most of everyone, so I was just an awful healer. I couldn't really figure out the mechanics on the fly so just felt like random lightning was killing me every 10 seconds.

Looks like a really cool raid (music was really awesome) and it seems like it'll probably be pretty easy to get carried through the rest of these if I just wanted the clear. But I think these will be a lot more fun for me personally if I didn't feel so lost and useless in the group. I'll do the rest of these once some sort of guide comes out, which is how I've always done raids before.

E5N is a lot like OG Ramuh I think. But it's really hard blind healing cause you don't know the pace of the fight and when to pay attention.

E5 is my favourite so far anyway.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Gaia's face looks so good. It's striking. It's not just the lips. Finally a character that doesn't look like she could be any other NPC.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
WOW just finished the MSQ for the patch and like always the story of this game always gets me incredibly interested. The Solo duty and Dungeon were really interesting but Urianger died in my trust party so I wiped lol. Immortal Thancred also couldn't survive long

So we have Ardbert who is actually possessed by Elidibus as was easy to guess. Then we have Elidibus totally gathering an army of "good guys" by spreading false lies that he is actually a warrior of light. We learn of a "Venat" who wanted to summon our fair Hydaelyn etc.... Y'shtola surmises that Elidibus was killed and the Elidibus we have now is a successor of some sort. Also, the starshower was Elidibus's doing but what of the dream that the white robed Figure shows Zenos at the end? The White robed figure can't be Elidibus right? At the end of 5.1 we had the White robed figure say that Zenos seeks Zodiark if I remember correctly.

Well, time to try Eden and Ruby weapon.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
WOW just finished the MSQ for the patch and like always the story of this game always gets me incredibly interested. The Solo duty and Dungeon were really interesting but Urianger died in my trust party so I wiped lol. Immortal Thancred also couldn't survive long

So we have Ardbert who is actually possessed by Elidibus as was easy to guess. Then we have Elidibus totally gathering an army of "good guys" by spreading false lies that he is actually a warrior of light. We learn of a "Venat" who wanted to summon our fair Hydaelyn etc.... Y'shtola surmises that Elidibus was killed and the Elidibus we have now is a successor of some sort. Also, the starshower was Elidibus's doing but what of the dream that the white robed Figure shows Zenos at the end? The White robed figure can't be Elidibus right? At the end of 5.1 we had the White robed figure say that Zenos seeks Zodiark if I remember correctly.

Well, time to try Eden and Ruby weapon.
The original Elidibus is gone. Completely sacrificed to Zodiark. The robed guy's identity has actually been datamined. You might also tell who it is by paying attention to his dialogue and his voice.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
E5N is a lot like OG Ramuh I think. But it's really hard blind healing cause you don't know the pace of the fight and when to pay attention.

E5 is my favourite so far anyway.

Yeah I don't really remember the original fight to be honest, outside the orbs seemed vaguely familiar, but couldn't remember much beyond that.

This is the first time I tried a raid completely blind, so just wanted to see what it's like (especially since it's rare that I'm off from work on a patch day). I think I see some of the appeal of it, and it was cool to be surprised by the boss's appearance. But it's just not the experience for me, and I think I'll have a lot more fun with these raids when I (kind of) know what I'm doing.

Hystzen

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester UK
The original Elidibus is gone. Completely sacrificed to Zodiark. The robed guy's identity has actually been datamined. You might also tell who it is by paying attention to his dialogue and his voice.

it ain't Asashi they probably using place holders and re using the voice actor. He was a joke character who was essential for Doma not over all picture.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Great patch MSQ. I can't wait for 5.3 because everything they're setting up for 5.3 and beyond is fascinating.

Everytime I doubt the writers they manage to deliver. I was weary of Elidibus being important going forward since they haven't been too interesting before now but their stuff during this patch was great. Serves as a nice contrast to Emet and his VA was a good choice.

The Echo reveal is interesting and I'm excited to see how that manifests in 5.3. Something bad is going to happen with anyone that gained the echo during the fake star shower.

White Robed Guy is totally one of the Emet/Solus clones, taught by Emet himself for whatever reason hence his second hand knowledge. Some of his quirks of their voice and also the paleness of their face totally seems the same.

Also I was internally screaming for most of the MSQ because THE SHOEBILL IS BACK. I love how confident the writers are that they'll tuck away such a small detail on one step of a quest, in a area that requires flying. And then even less people will know the significance which is that the shoebill represents Emet and he showed up in the background during the main story and spied on the player. So either Emet is coming back somehow or they're just messing with people, which they don't usually do like this.

Looking forward to doing the trial and raids later in the week. And trying out the fishing boat.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Finished the Ruby Weapon questline. The first half of the fight is way harder than the second, I spent the first half dead most of the time lmao.

That transformation sequence caught me off guard. Also hilarious how the future pilots are color coded. You can see Emerald/Sapphire and possibly Diamond. Since they explicitly called out Sapphire next I'm actually expecting it to be dual Sapphire/Emerald.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
Can we bring Lyna to the source and replace her with someone... Like... have her swap with like Lyse or someone.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
I was alluding to this in FC chat earlier. Seriously, what the fuck is this shit? I tried looking for if it's the same every time but got too caught up in not dying to actually check. Maybe I'll find out next week.

Even if it is consistent, having zero indication is incredibly bad design. This mechanic and the fact that the other main mechanics are a) this same thing but with a way to tell when something's going to go off, b) just a) but with color matching, c) the teleport thing which is more an exercise in fighting the controls more than anything make me hate E7N. Worst raid of the tier by far. Sucks that it's the only original one too, I liked the 50/50 split of new and old in the first tier

Oct 25, 2017
E7S is the most fucking confused I have been in the first two minutes of a fight in a long, long, long time.

ahahahha the fucking portals hahahahahaha

we sort of figured it out maybe

but Jesus

and then the next mechanic has limit-cut-esque memories

erd

Self-Requested Temporary Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
About the E7 mechanics thing, I'm pretty sure they work like this:
I was really confused when I did it too, but after looking at a bunch of streamers doing savage the blue/red portals mechanic seems logical enough once you realize that the damage comes from the birds warping through the portals.

If I understood it correctly, when the portals initially spawn, there will always be a blue/red pair at south, followed by the two sets of bird dashes that will first hit one color and then the other. The color that gets hit first will then go off first on the other side.

It works the same way when the portals repeat with the white/black birds - the birds of a specific color will fire off from the same portal they entered.

Idk, it's kind of confusing when written in text and there's no good videos out there yet, but this one kind of shows it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nSX_38_OUY&feature=youtu.be&t=169 (at around 2:50) - the first set of birds hits the red portal so that's the one that goes off first.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
I was really confused when I did it too, but after looking at a bunch of streamers doing savage the blue/red portals mechanic seems logical enough once you realize that the damage comes from the birds warping through the portals.

If I understood it correctly, when the portals initially spawn, there will always be a blue/red pair at south, followed by the two sets of bird dashes that will first hit one color and then the other. The color that gets hit first will then go off first on the other side.

It works the same way when the portals repeat with the white/black birds - the birds of a specific color will fire off from the same portal they entered.

Idk, it's kind of confusing when written in text and there's no good videos out there yet, but this one kind of shows it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nSX_38_OUY&feature=youtu.be&t=169 (at around 2:50) - the first set of birds hits the red portal so that's the one that goes off first.
This makes sense, thanks. I still think E7 is pretty bad, as I don't think "being in the correct lane" or whatever you want to call this type of mechanics is interesting enough to hold up a fight on it's own. Having the two biggest mechanics of E7 be variations of this is pretty boring, IMO. The teleport thing is pretty bad too, because I feel I'm fighting the controls more than I am the actual game during that mechanic. I like the "lane" thing when it's one mechanic among others, like its use in E5

scy

Oct 25, 2017

Sort of.

The color part is the "easy" part of it since yeah that still works like Normal mode. The confusing side of it in Savage was more figuring out why some patterns didn't follow the scheme (e.g., red and blue portals lined up in the same row). Which when spelled out is pretty easy (figure out which portals fire and which receive) but it was a lot of "???" as unsafe patterns were actually safe.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Forget the portals in E7N.
There's some kind of sigil that appears on one of the colors. That's the one the attack will come from first.
I wanna know how the hell you control the switcharoo thing. It's like super sensitive or something.

scy

Oct 25, 2017
Just in case:

Obey the debuff for the direction? Other than that not much else to it.

Last edited:

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Just in case:

Obey the debuff for the direction? Other than that not much else to it.
Oh I didn't think to read the debuff. So it tells you a direction to face or something? Speaking of, is there an easier way to read debuff and buff effects on PS4 besides using the touch pad to scroll to them?

Euphony

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Oh I didn't think to read the debuff. So it tells you a direction to face or something? Speaking of, is there an easier way to read debuff and buff effects on PS4 besides using the touch pad to scroll to them?
You get aspected to astral, white, or umbral, purple, and you have to match the opposite. So if you are astral aspected you need to stand in the way of a purple beam or bird flock. When you get hit by it your aspect then changes to the other one.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
You get aspected to astral, white, or umbral, purple, and you have to match the opposite. So if you are astral aspected you need to stand in the way of a purple beam or bird flock. When you get hit by it your aspect then changes to the other one.
Oh I got that one. I meant
the one where you're teleported to a different position. It felt super sensitive to control where I'll be teleported. I accidentally teleported off the platform once.

Euphony

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
the one where you're teleported to a different position. It felt super sensitive to control where I'll be teleported. I accidentally teleported off the platform once.
Oh I know which one you're talking about. Yea the teleporting one I also found very finicky. It seemed like I always teleported behind me. I have the setting that turns you toward enemies when attacking so in the end I had to just stop casting once the teleport was close to starting.

I'd have to run the fight some more to see if it does always teleport you behind from where you character is facing.

Avis

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
My actual reaction to Ruby Weapon
cover3.jpg
sorta
Also Eden's verse normal was fucking awesome and I'm extremely excited to see what savage has to offer.

Oct 25, 2017
The debuff itself should have arrows on it indicating forward, backward, left, right, etc. It's basically the same as the mindjack in Halicarnassus, but you teleport instead of walking to your destination.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
The debuff itself should have arrows on it indicating forward, backward, left, right, etc. It's basically the same as the mindjack in Halicarnassus, but you teleport instead of walking to your destination.
Oh that's pretty simple then. I'm about to do E8N. I hope the music is as good as people are hyping it up to be.

Azuran

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How many hours would you say you gave each day for Feast? And what was your Win/Loss Ratio like? If with only two days of involvement you can somehow land at the top 100 than I may give the Feast a try during the next Feast season.

Oh no, I meant I only play a a couple of days on the latter half of the season. Most of the games you're gonna do happen in the first half when queues are faster and everyone is trying to climb. I usuallyed play every evening for the first two weeks trying to get as many points as a could to get away from the pack and hopefully have a nice and safe buffer for later in the season so I didn't have to play as much. It cut it a bit too close this time but rank 97 is the same as 20 so I don't really care lol

Anyways, the amount of games you'll do depends on your job and your skill level. A good healer will climb way faster than a ranged dps because they have the fastest queues. My W/L ratio this season was around 48% so it's not like you need to win a lot. You can lose a lot of times because what determines your rank is your peak rating so a 50% win rate does the trick because you gain more points than you lose with wins assuming you go 1:1 the entire way.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.