• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
I just saw Signal's FF menu UI thread, and was reminded of 14's UI theme switcher, and how I thought when it was announced it would be neat to have a "classic" blue version alongside the dark / light options.
There's this mod and this mod, but they are, well, mods and I was thinking more along the lines of "officially supported".
POTD's interface uses that theme, so I wouldn't be surprised to see it expanded to the rest of the game at some point - probably just a question of resource allocation.

Speaking of mods, I've been thinking about installing some texture mods but I'm not sure if my machine can handle them (i5 4670k, GTX 1070, 8GB RAM). I'm already using a reshade filter but I haven't done any real digging to see which ones I like best.

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
IT IS DONE

EjhrLFnVoAIdU-e

Ejhr8i2U8AExzCm

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
POTD's interface uses that theme, so I wouldn't be surprised to see it expanded to the rest of the game at some point - probably just a question of resource allocation.

Speaking of mods, I've been thinking about installing some texture mods but I'm not sure if my machine can handle them (i5 4670k, GTX 1070, 8GB RAM). I'm already using a reshade filter but I haven't done any real digging to see which ones I like best.
The only mod I use other than Reshade is HD Icons. Someone just took all the low-rez icons and ran them through an AI upscaler and the difference is huge.

Einherjer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany

You will not have any issues i have about 4 gb of texture and model mods installed atm and it barely makes any difference since the game uses so very little vram to begin with. I recommend at least the top 3 "defined" mods here: https://www.nexusmods.com/finalfantasy14/mods/top/ since they make such a massive difference and maybe a good body mod (there are sfw versions of the top body mods).

Plax

Nov 23, 2019
Have had an extended break from this game. I think I'm a patch or two behind. The last thing I completed was the Eden Raids 5-8.

How is the latest patch? Loved the storyline in the latest ex pac, so excited to get back into it. May resub in another month or so.

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
The only mod I use other than Reshade is HD Icons. Someone just took all the low-rez icons and ran them through an AI upscaler and the difference is huge.
You will not have any issues i have about 4 gb of texture and model mods installed atm and it barely makes any difference since the game uses so very little vram to begin with. I recommend at least the top 3 "defined" mods here: https://www.nexusmods.com/finalfantasy14/mods/top/ since they make such a massive difference and maybe a good body mod (there are sfw versions of the top body mods).
What reshade presets do y'all use? I can't remember where I got mine and I'm not unhappy with it, but I'm looking around to see if one catches my eye. Ideally looking for one that's suited for gameplay, I'm not a big GPose/screenshot user so something that doesn't absolutely tank my FPS would be good.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
What reshade presets do y'all use? I can't remember where I got mine and I'm not unhappy with it, but I'm looking around to see if one catches my eye. Ideally looking for one that's suited for gameplay, I'm not a big GPose/screenshot user so something that doesn't absolutely tank my FPS would be good.

For gameplay-purposes use Witch's Moon.

Einherjer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany

I'm using my own preset based on gshade which is a specialized open source version of reshade for ffxiv and some other mmos with a lot of cool features (https://gposers.com/gshade/) here is a link to it if you want to try it: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/544732395371364362/762603832731238400/naturalGameplay.ini
The preset itself is pretty subtle and very performance friendly since it uses some of the most advanced smart shaders available atm. Here is a comparison: https://imgur.com/a/7gGOAVF

Last edited:

plastic love

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Sep 19, 2019
I'm really hoping for an update during the next LL about the EU fanfest, whether it be cancelled or not. I'd like to organise travel/hotels in advance but right now everything is still very much up in the air.

The safety and health of everyone involved is absolutely paramount and if it gets cancelled then that's totally fine, it's just getting closer and closer without news.

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Animas are supereasy to obtain nowadays. Even the feared light grind can be done in... 2 hours now if A9s is in bonus?
I just finished the Ivalice raid series in anticipation of getting the ShB relic. I've only barely started ShB though so I have a long way to go. I'm hoping once I'm all caught up on patches I can start on some of the grindy stuff.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Animas are supereasy to obtain nowadays. Even the feared light grind can be done in... 2 hours now if A9s is in bonus?
30m on bonus, 1 hour not. Or even less.

I finished my 4th to last anima last week and our farm party took 45 minutes with no bonus. We had some people that finished early and were nice enough to equip their level 80 weapons to get it done even faster.

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017

I got it done in less than an hour without the bonus - luckily I found a party of 8 on party finder immediately who were all doing the same thing. Now that I have a crafter I can see the worst step (crystal sands) being alot less of an issue, but for my first experience it was a bit of a headache to get all 75 or so. Everything else is just a matter of playing alot and dumping your poetics on the items needed.

I started the Zeta quest and oh boy. This looks way grindier. The Zeta PLD weapon looks amazing but I'm not sure if I'm down for this grind.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
I got it done in less than an hour without the bonus - luckily I found a party of 8 on party finder immediately who were all doing the same thing. Now that I have a crafter I can see the worst step (crystal sands) being alot less of an issue, but for my first experience it was a bit of a headache to get all 75 or so. Everything else is just a matter of playing alot and dumping your poetics on the items needed.

I started the Zeta quest and oh boy. This looks way grindier. The Zeta PLD weapon looks amazing but I'm not sure if I'm down for this grind.
If it wasn't for books, Zodiacs would be the easiest relics to make by far.

But books are so bad they singlehandedly make Zodiacs the worst. Once you get past books, which is a very early step, the Zeta is pretty much done.

I haven't done one recently, but I'm sure flying in ARR makes it less of a hassle to get to all the FATEs and random world mobs you have to find.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently 5.4 will be adding a QoL update to materia melding, much like Quick Desynthesis, they're giving a checkbox for materia melding to automatically continuously attempt to meld a piece of materia into a slot until it fits or you run out of materia.

So, 1 button pentamelding for the next raid tier.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
Finally got to Shadowbringers. I'm excited after absolutely despising Stormblood.

Also are there still more spots in the Era FC? I might switch servers to be a part of a good FC.

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
Is there any way to get more glamor plates?

Finally got to Shadowbringers. I'm excited after absolutely despising Stormblood.

Also are there still more spots in the Era FC? I might switch servers to be a part of a good FC.
Enjoy! I thought Stormblood was wack but Shadowbringers beats almost all of the FF catalogue for me.

Last edited:

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any way to get more glamor plates?
Buy more chocobo carriage mounts so Yoshi-P can afford more devs and better servers :P

I just finished the Ivalice raid series in anticipation of getting the ShB relic. I've only barely started ShB though so I have a long way to go. I'm hoping once I'm all caught up on patches I can start on some of the grindy stuff.
Enjoy ShB! You'll have plenty of time to catch up on the relic so don't sweat that, we're probably still a year away from the next expansion.

You have no idea.

Plax

Nov 23, 2019

What does this mean exactly? I've been stuck on the Dragoon Anima weapon for months. I rarely use it to be honest, but I'm at the part where I need to use to gather light and fill some runes. I've basically given up, but if there's a quick fire way to do it - I'll get on it.

Ashrak

What does this mean exactly? I've been stuck on the Dragoon Anima weapon for months. I rarely use it to be honest, but I'm at the part where I need to use to gather light and fill some runes. I've basically given up, but if there's a quick fire way to do it - I'll get on it.

Spamming the first fight of the final Alexander Raid on Savage (that's what we mean when we talk about A9S) is finishing the Light Grind very, very fast.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Using the other healers always reminds me how strong and brain dead WHM is. Healing with SCH feels like so much work even at level 74 right now.

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
Crafting is so much fun, all I do now is just log in and craft and sell my Velveteen stuff, its been going good.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I agree. However I do really enjoy playing as Scholar. It feels a lot more involved. Shame it's fairly boring to attack with.
I think the breaking point for me was during the last big pull in Dohn Mheg. I had used Dissipation at the end of the last pull and I was good to go with essentially 6 Aetherflows and a full fairy gauge. But either me, the tank, or both failed the pull and we died. We tried it again but it was futile because it too way too long for the fairy to come back after I used Dissipation at the very beginning of the pull. Maybe it was possible and I messed up, but it still made me think "I could've probably done that shit easy with WHM with zero preparation." I'm still enjoying it but it's definitely not a healer I'd main.

Plax

Nov 23, 2019
I think the breaking point for me was during the last big pull in Dohn Mheg. I had used Dissipation at the end of the last pull and I was good to go with essentially 6 Aetherflows and a full fairy gauge. But either me, the tank, or both failed the pull and we died. We tried it again but it was futile because it too way too long for the fairy to come back after I used Dissipation at the very beginning of the pull. Maybe it was possible and I messed up, but it still made me think "I could've probably done that shit easy with WHM with zero preparation." I'm still enjoying it but it's definitely not a healer I'd main.

I get that. I honestly felt the class was tough to use from about level 50 through until the 70s. I only truly felt comfortable once I was level 80 and geared appropriately. By comparison, I have much less experience with WHM so I'm not sure how they compare these days. But I think SCH is pretty well balanced. I've yet to run into any content I couldn't run confidently (though, I don't run any Savage tier content).

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
Picked up Machinist because I couldn't stand leveling a Summoner from level 1. It's not bad so far, and actually feels like it has somewhat of an actual rotation at 40.

sackboy97

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Talking about Scholar, do you have any tips for when to use Dissipation? I don't think I have used it yet, and I'm not sure when I should have. It could help with big pulls maybe?

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Talking about Scholar, do you have any tips for when to use Dissipation? I don't think I have used it yet, and I'm not sure when I should have. It could help with big pulls maybe?
I used this video as a guide.

He says to use it at the end of a pull so that you have 6 aetherflows stacks to work with for the next pull and so your fairy returns by the time you reach the next pull.

Deleted member 18021

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The fun part of the Zodiac weapon is remembering that, on-content, the Atma drop rates were abysmal, and then you got your cool glowy effect taken away, only to then be dumped into the Books step.

Nov 1, 2017
FL, United States
I just started a few weeks ago and I am so hooked. Grinded to level 30 on my first weekend and now I'm coasting through all the backed up plot missions.
What I'm really surpsised about is the community. Everyone has been incredibly helpful and understanding. I dabbled in vanilla WoW when the demos first started rolling out but otherwise this is my first traditional MMO.

My initial class is tank/crowd control. I already finished the training missions and I understand the basics, but is there a generally definitive guide out there for recommended armor sets, weapons, combos, etc. for tanks?

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
If anyone on Ultros is looking for housing, Shirogane W21 P33 is up for sale, there's no one currently at the plot

luca

Oct 25, 2017
So on the Mog Station it says my Account Type is Standard (Steam). And that I own the Steam and PS4 Collectors Editions. So what do I do at this page if I wanna play the PS4 version. Do I just pay for standard type as I usually do and I can use both the PC and PS4 versions?

Last edited:

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
So on the Mog Station it says my Account Type is Standard (Steam). And that I own the Steam and PS4 Collectors Editions. So what do I do at this page if I wanna play the PS4 version. Do I just pay for standard type as I usually do and I can use both the PC and PS4 versions?
The subscription covers both version. But you don't seem to have Shb yet on PC. So any character that has move into Shb content won't be accessible on PC.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Your subscription covers both PS4 and Steam. The only thing that "Standard (Steam)" means is that you have to buy expansions through Steam. Feel free to save a few bucks with the Entry sub if it fits your needs.

And new houses in a week! If you want to get up that early to get one.
How early is "early", in Eastern time? I seem to recall 6 A.M. but I'm not sure. Still not sure if I want to try to upgrade. None of the large houses really catch my eye. I still really like my current house/location.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
The subscription covers both version. But you don't seem to have Shb yet on PC. So any character that has move into Shb content won't be accessible on PC.
Your subscribtion covers both PS4 and Steam. The only thing that "Standard (Steam)" means is that you have to buy expansions through Steam. Feel free to save a few bucks with the Entry sub if it fits your needs.

How early is "early", in Eastern time? I seem to recall 6 A.M. but I'm not sure
Thanks a bunch, I'm just gonna subscribe like I usually do!

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
How early is "early", in Eastern time? I seem to recall 6 A.M. but I'm not sure. Still not sure if I want to try to upgrade. None of the large houses really catch my eye. I still really like my current house/location.

If you get a large, you'll have room for more pools.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Strange, I've tried paying with my credit card 4 times now and it just gives me an error.

Status
Not open for further replies.