Status
Not open for further replies.

tabris

Oct 27, 2017
Man it's such a shame that the best looking gear tends to be the job-specific gear but when you got multiple jobs all at 70/80/soon 90 for that category (tank, healer, etc) you can only take advantage for one job glamouring and the rest can't be glamoured anything else.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Man it's such a shame that the best looking gear tends to be the job-specific gear but when you got multiple jobs all at 70/80/soon 90 for that category (tank, healer, etc) you can only take advantage for one job glamouring and the rest can't be glamoured anything else.
What do you mean? You can link equipment sets to specific glamour plates. So even though something like SAM and MNK share gear, you can set it up so that your SAM's glamour is the job specific gear and the MNK's is something else entirely.

Grahf

Oct 27, 2017
How does everyone feel about the exploration content like Bozja/Eureka? Just in general
I've been doing Eureka Anemos for the past 3 days, and it's basically everything I hate ^^
- it's a SLOG
- you have no choice but to depend on other players and their mood (ie : someone pulls a NM while a dedicated group tries to make Pazu spawn, despite clear calls to wait for all)
- playing solo or out of peak times is useless. Place is almost dead after midnight

But I still tolerate it for now, and the SAM relic you make on the very first zone is absolutely stunning (katana alternating between yellow and red aura).

Few questions about levels : I'm at the very beginning of Shadowbringers and I have a 72 SAM, a 72 DRG and a 75 MCH. The exp gains are absolutely enormous so far (each quest gives between 900k and 1M exp).
- Shall I rush to have a first character to 80 or level all 3 evenly ?
- Do you think I'll max them all 3 before the end of MSQ (in which case I need to level yet another class to not waste this xp) ?

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
What do you mean? You can link equipment sets to specific glamour plates. So even though something like SAM and MNK share gear, you can set it up so that your SAM's glamour is the job specific gear and the MNK's is something else entirely.

Unless you are out of the city and the glam doesn't apply when switching jobs :(

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Does the crafting white scrip collectible that the appraiser asks for ever change? I want to grind scrips, but I don't want to gather a bunch of materials just to have it switch to something else.

Xion_Stellar

Oct 25, 2017

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
There's only one more week to farm Moogle Tomestones. Endwalker maintenance will start early next Thursday morning.

Azem

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just glad I'm not the only one to occasionally whisper to myself "Grim Fandaniel"...

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Why didn't anyone tell me BLU has a fucking super saiyan button (Basic Instinct)?

This has made soloing trials so much more manageable....

Stryda

Aug 20, 2018
I wasn't expecting as many responses! I do agree with the general sentiment of having great ideas but the execution is a bit messy for both. If they could achieve something like Eureka zone design with Bozja's CEs/Raids there could be something really special there. Having 3 alliance-like raids for Bozja is really cool too.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Someone in the game told me that diadem fishing is one of the best way to earn scrips and make money selling the stuff you get. Does anyone know how I would go about doing it? I read something about a gobbie mask but it confuses me.

penguindrum

Feb 10, 2019
Someone in the game told me that diadem fishing is one of the best way to earn scrips and make money selling the stuff you get. Does anyone know how I would go about doing it? I read something about a gobbie mask but it confuses me.

There used to be a spreadsheet but it seems all the information is now updated and compiled in this guide. Little Thalaos is what you probably want to be catching for scrip efficiency. Just follow guide with setting fishing and mooch macros that count seconds passed if you haven't yet, then get the right bait from the diadem npc right where you load in, eat some food if you need higher stats or more GP, have some hi cordials, and get to fishing!

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't expecting as many responses! I do agree with the general sentiment of having great ideas but the execution is a bit messy for both. If they could achieve something like Eureka zone design with Bozja's CEs/Raids there could be something really special there. Having 3 alliance-like raids for Bozja is really cool too.

I feel like it's very hard to strike a balance between these two really, cause it almost feel like their direction is the complete opposite of each other and not necessarily good or bad. Eureka asks people to communicate, while you can solo Bozja almost entirely. Some people don't like the dangerous exploration in Eureka because exploration is a one and done thing, while some don't like Bozja's exclusively combat content. Even their high end raid is very different, Baldesion Arsenal require people to communicate inside the instance (so most likely you have to communicate with someone you don't know) while most of the preparation of Delubrum Reginae Savage is done outside the instance (higher chance you're forming a party with someone you know). I have a feeling that being in the middle will only make both types of people don't like it.

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ivalice haters aren't worthy. Honestly I don't even understand the complaints about the sluggish pacing of the story, which are absolutely true, when you only go through it once while still doing the raids themselves countless times after that divorced from the story. Getting wine for the thespians is total bullshit and feels like a waste of time, but is ultimately immaterial to the overall quality of the raid series itself unless you're the kind of person who only does instanced group content once each, and even then, Ivalice still has the best story of the Alliance Raids even with its issues.

Also, this alone makes Return to Ivalice the best:

Plus, Thunder God Cid is the best Alliance Raid boss without question. A true highlight of FFXIV as a whole.

Now that I think of it, do any of the other Alliance Raids have ANY voiced acted material in them, or is it just Ivalice?

I mean it is the best story in perspect if you look at it for what it is

CT is ok

Barely anyone can tell you much about Mach/Void Ark series outside of sky pirates and Diabolos that one time he ate a woman

and Yoko Taro doesnt give a shit if you do not understand the story because you didnt play all his games AND understand those. Though it being inconsequential to FFXIV plot its a boon on top of being a detriment because if you dont understand because you cant just ride out the insanity and enjoy the raids unless you're a caster

But it doesnt dismiss Ivalice's story having way too much exposition and pacing issues. Fact is it turned a LOT of people off and that's that. Could of been executed better. But as a story its still the most thought out and everything imo. That said a lot of people still prefer other raids because it failed to make them care after all of it.

As for battle content, thats up to preference more so than anything. Only thing against Ivalice battle stuff is that it still takes so long due to HP pools (or i only get bad dps lol)

As for voiced content? Dont think any raids do, 24 or 8 man. Eden has some here and there. None of the other 24 mans got it. I understand nier because they probably didnt want to bring in the nier VAs? Dunno.

The raids need an actual VA budget imo.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Nier raid series doesn't make sense even if you play and understand all of Nier. It's all complete nonsense. It's more interested in just making references than telling a story.

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Nier raid series doesn't make sense even if you play and understand all of Nier. It's all complete nonsense. It's more interested in just making references than telling a story.
you need to play Drakengard too to understand whats going on, But you can understand it even if the end result has no consequences

A Seed of Destruction (white orb) is from Drakengard. They travel and appear in worlds on the verge of doom. Things that enter are copied entirely, from form down to memories. And can be replicated to help destroy.

One appears in Nier's world at some point and the machine network (red girls) use it and copy themselves, or at least all their data, to go inside to travel to another place, even to just destroy it. 2B and 9S catch wind of it and toss their data in too in hopes their copies will stop them.

The seed ends up in the first, likely due to it was close to being destroyed, and releases the machines and the machines use the seed to replicate all kinds of things. 2B and 9S end up out as well but since their data was in, the machines could replicate their forms and abilities, even structures.

In the end they were gonna use the seed to open a gate which would bring in more/open a way to others on the other side where the seed came from. You stop it from closing the gate on both sides.

None of this matters at all though to FFXIV and only if you understand lore going all the way back to Drakengard 1

But hey at least they didnt bring in the giant evil babies to fight

Last edited:

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
you need to play Drakengard too to understand whats going on, But you can understand it even if the end result has no consequences

A Seed of Destruction (white orb) is from Drakengard. They travel and appear in worlds on the verge of doom. Things that enter are copied entirely, from form down to memories. And can be replicated to help destroy.

One appears in Nier's world at some point and the machine network (red girls) use it and copy themselves, or at least all their data, to go inside to travel to another place, even to just destroy it. 2B and 9S catch wind of it and toss their data in too in hopes their copies will stop them.

The seed ends up in the first, likely due to it was close to being destroyed, and releases the machines and the machines use the seed to replicate all kinds of things. 2B and 9S end up out as well but since their data was in, the machines could replicate their forms and abilities, even structures.

In the end they were gonna use the seed to open a gate which would bring in more/open a way to others on the other side where the seed came from. You stop it from closing the gate on both sides.

None of this matters at all though to FFXIV and only if you understand lore going all the way back to Drakengard 1

But hey at least they didnt bring in the giant evil babies to fight
I guess that explains why it's meaningless to me. It's more of a Nier side story than a FFXIV one. An inconsequential one at that. I love Nier but I would've preferred if the story impacted FFXIV's world.

Stryda

Aug 20, 2018
I feel like it's very hard to strike a balance between these two really, cause it almost feel like their direction is the complete opposite of each other and not necessarily good or bad. Eureka asks people to communicate, while you can solo Bozja almost entirely. Some people don't like the dangerous exploration in Eureka because exploration is a one and done thing, while some don't like Bozja's exclusively combat content. Even their high end raid is very different, Baldesion Arsenal require people to communicate inside the instance (so most likely you have to communicate with someone you don't know) while most of the preparation of Delubrum Reginae Savage is done outside the instance (higher chance you're forming a party with someone you know). I have a feeling that being in the middle will only make both types of people don't like it.
I see, this makes sense. I guess they could try a completely new take with whatever they're planning for EW. Though something closer to Bozja is likely the much healthier option all things considered

Ultron

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Got Paladin to 80. Did I do this because I wanna drop increasingly large swords in Endwalker? 100%.

2021-11-24_13-05-04-521_Neneko_Alice.png

I was lucky enough to have books/random drops sitting around to get a lot of the Savage gear immediately and get decently geared. We're doing roll swap night tonight for our Static since we've gotten enough E12 clears to get mostly everyone the stuff they wanted. So this is gonna be my first time tanking Savage stuff after being a healer main.

I think I enjoy it more than Gunbreaker, my other 80 tank at the moment. I'll admit that sub level 68 it feels extremely vanilla, but once you finally unlock Requiescat and then start rotating between melee and magic phases the rotation becomes pretty fun to go through. I enjoy figuring out the best place in a fight to go into magic phase if there's a spot that it'd be helpful for uptime, and trying to keep up the cycle of Fight or Flight -> Requiescat -> Unbuffed while keeping Goring Blade up and rotating among those to keep everything from drifting is generally pretty fun. I also enjoy having a more interesting toolkit with some unique stuff like Cover, Clemency and Intervention to use for random weird situations. I also enjoy how Shelltron forces you to be pretty on the nose about when to use it to block stuff (though less so when it gets upgraded).

Not having a gap closer till 74 was PAIN.

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I guess that explains why it's meaningless to me. It's more of a Nier side story than a FFXIV one. An inconsequential one at that. I love Nier but I would've preferred if the story impacted FFXIV's world.
Most of the crossovers were inconsequential. In order for it to matter it takes them weaving everything as part of FFXIV lore. FFXIV already had a lot of FF12 references to stapling Ivalice itself in worked enough. FF3 too even moreso. No way they could actually put Nier lore to work properly in FFXIV in the small amount they had could do. Thats why most crossovers, even FF ones, are usually fleeting small events. The raids themselves were fun but the plot just wasnt gonna work for a 24man series.

I mean it CAN be done but it needs to be fully adapted with reasonable previous conceptions. Nier and by extension Drakengard it just too different where it would take a lot of additions and explaining to make it work narratively. Thats why its in its own vaccum. I love nier too but they hinged on being a lot of overlap betwen Drakengard/Nier fans. And even then majority of people only played Automata and wouldnt get the deeper hits. And I say this as a shill for these raids because of my Nier bias

Thankfully they are doing more original raids in EW. I am all for crossover stuff but it needs to be more adapted like the WEAPONs were or explained through tomfoolery like Omega. Needing a huge amount of exposition, like to explain all the tactics stuff, or hinging on people caring about the source material to understand just weren't the best ideas.

Well atleast majority like the raid bosses and visuals themselves, whether they understand what they are doing or not

Jinfash

Oct 27, 2017
Trying to get into crafting and man this shit literally is a pyramid scheme. To make money I need to buy recipe books, and to buy recipe books I need to farm scrips, and to farm scrips I need to craft some hard to craft items, and to craft these items I need to buy extremely expensive MB gear... Rinse and repeat until I hit 90.

All of this doesn't take into account the overpriced items you need to purchase to even craft or level up.

No wonder omni-crafters make money, they gatekeep everyone out.
This sounds like a terrible, F2P MTX-fested, scammy mobile. Eww.

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've only leveled 2 doh jobs and all the dol jobs to 80, but I didn't find that to be too bad. I guess if you're trying to do all of them at once it might be a nightmare, but with beast tribes and custom deliveries I found leveling them to be far easier than any other mmo I've tried crafting in.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
It's nowhere near that bad, lol.

If you're relying on other people to gather stuff or craft intermediary materials, it's going to cost you. That should be expected? That's how they're making money, just like how you want to. Last I checked aesthete gear was not that expensive either, but maybe it's gone up in price lately, I dunno.

What actually confuses me about that post though is it was just not that hard for me to get scrips. Even aside from custom deliveries and the one-time Mean deliveries, one of the easiest to make yellow scrip turnins is a CUL one (rarefied espresso con panna) that uses the same ingredients as coffee biscuits. I've had the ingredients for them sitting in my inventory forever now despite not making the biscuits for the leve (or even needing scrips at this point) due to that. Even before I could gather those ingredients myself (wasn't in ShB yet) it was pretty easy to buy them, and I would expect that the growing popularity of the biscuit leves has limited how expensive those ingredients can sell for now.

(…I also think "I need to buy the mastery books to make money" is misguided. That's not what's been a reliable money maker in my opinion. It can be good for getting a million or 2 at once but those purchases can take a while to happen and can easily be denied by someone pricecutting, and if the materials are extreme drops their cost is high enough that the actual profit at that point may only be a few hundred thousand to begin with.)

Jul 24, 2018
Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker |OT| Sail Me to the Moon
Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker |OT| To Boldly Go Where No Lalafel has gone before
Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker |OT| I see the bad moon a-rising

Truno

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 16, 2020
The DQ crossovers hurt the most. It all boils down to a fate that lasts 5 seconds and a focus on a gag that is likely to give the wrong idea about the franchise to the uninitiated. At least give us some of the glams from the Heroes

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The DQ crossovers hurt the most. It all boils down to a fate that lasts 5 seconds and a focus on a gag that is likely to give the wrong idea about the franchise to the uninitiated. At least give us some of the glams from the Heroes
its one of the original crossover events from ARR. And pretty sure they can only put in what they are allowed. Its probably the worst crossover event in the game by far though

XI got two events and got more in each.

XIII got a lot of stuff with it

but all of them revolved around doing fates tho

Truno

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 16, 2020
I don't mind fates as long as they're handled well. The DQ event boils down to:

'Hey, there are weird rock monsters, kill em for me I want rock'

*Does fate that takes seconds since there are literally no interesting mechanics*

'Oh you killed em? Here, have literally every single event reward. Oh, and go over here to get tits rubbed all over you'

-Thanks for doing the event! I hope you play Dragon Quest!!!!!

Ultron

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Love the glam! I also roll Au'Ra and Yanxian headgear looks so awesome as a second set of horns

Thanks! Yeah, the multiple horns look is really fun. I definitely use these or the Ultima Horns fairly often and try and dye them to match the colors of the Xaela horns. I forget what purple it is, but there's one that matches very well.

Tetsujin

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
The puff-puff joke made me think of Dragon Ball...is it a thing in Dragon Quest as well? I guess Akira Toriyama is the link here lol

filkry

Oct 25, 2017
Got Paladin to 80. Did I do this because I wanna drop increasingly large swords in Endwalker? 100%.

2021-11-24_13-05-04-521_Neneko_Alice.png

I was lucky enough to have books/random drops sitting around to get a lot of the Savage gear immediately and get decently geared. We're doing roll swap night tonight for our Static since we've gotten enough E12 clears to get mostly everyone the stuff they wanted. So this is gonna be my first time tanking Savage stuff after being a healer main.

I think I enjoy it more than Gunbreaker, my other 80 tank at the moment. I'll admit that sub level 68 it feels extremely vanilla, but once you finally unlock Requiescat and then start rotating between melee and magic phases the rotation becomes pretty fun to go through. I enjoy figuring out the best place in a fight to go into magic phase if there's a spot that it'd be helpful for uptime, and trying to keep up the cycle of Fight or Flight -> Requiescat -> Unbuffed while keeping Goring Blade up and rotating among those to keep everything from drifting is generally pretty fun. I also enjoy having a more interesting toolkit with some unique stuff like Cover, Clemency and Intervention to use for random weird situations. I also enjoy how Shelltron forces you to be pretty on the nose about when to use it to block stuff (though less so when it gets upgraded).

Not having a gap closer till 74 was PAIN.
I like your glam.

Irikan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Bruh I'm so stupid, I thought singing clusters were the only thing that was needed poetics wise for the anima relics, so I got like 250 of them over time... Little did I know lol

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
The puff-puff joke made me think of Dragon Ball...is it a thing in Dragon Quest as well? I guess Akira Toriyama is the link here lol

I think it's mainly a DQ thing, I don't really remember it in Dragon Ball at all... but I guess maybe I blanked out the random fanservice bits.

Bruh I'm so stupid, I thought singing clusters were the only thing that was needed poetics wise for the anima relics, so I got like 250 of them over time... Little did I know lol

Oof... and those are really the easiest one of those items to get too, since you can get a ton of them over time just by remembering to keep the daily/weekly quests in Idyllshire active, since those quests are just doing roulettes.

I don't even know if I'll make another anytime soon but I've been building up a stockpile just due to that. Same goes for dumping scrips into crystal sand, though I now regret it because I'm now almost out of hi-cordials due to finally trying to finish up the gathering relics yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.