• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HyperFerret

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks that's useful, Stormblood (including Heavensward) is currently on sale on EU PSN (£16?) so wanted to take advantage of that if it's going to make much of a difference to the early game.
The only tangible difference is being able to play an Au Ra from the get-go, and being able to unlock Red Mage and Samurai once you hit level 50 even without entering the expansions, but you'll still be locked out of the HW jobs and any content that requires you to actually be at the expansions MSQ-wise.

Guswz

Apr 28, 2018
Is this game enjoyable on the joystick? I never experienced a mmo out the pc plataform i'am looking to the ps4

HyperFerret

Oct 25, 2017
Is this game enjoyable on the joystick? I never experienced a mmo out the pc plataform i'am looking to the ps4
I only play with a controller and it's perfectly fine. I haven't played every job though. The only thing awkward about it is targeting, but if you hold down L1 or R1 while scrolling left or right on the d-pad it will cycle through enemies only and ignore your party, and pressing up and down on the d-pad will cycle through your party while ignoring enemies if you are playing a healer. Once you master that (and/or tweak your settings to fit your needs) the game feels perfectly natural on a controller.

I still have a mouse and keyboard plugged in if I can't get to something on the HUD fast enough and to chat with people of course.

Guswz

Apr 28, 2018
I only play with a controller and it's perfectly fine. I haven't played every job though. The only thing awkward about it is targeting, but if you hold down L1 or R1 while scrolling left or right on the d-pad it will cycle through enemies only and ignore your party, and pressing up and down on the d-pad will cycle through your party while ignoring enemies if you are playing a healer. Once you master that (and/or tweak your settings to fit your needs) the game feels perfectly natural on a controller.

I still have a mouse and keyboard plugged in if I can't get to something on the HUD fast enough and to chat with people of course.

Thanks probably i will try it.

Dec 18, 2017
As a 1.0 player, some things I really wish they would bring back:

- More detailed character animations
I remember even just eating things looked better in 1.0
- Bring back and repurpose some of the vastly huge maps from 1.0, somehow
I want to visit the old, vast Shroud again, with all the winding areas, I like to explore and that's something I still miss
- I'm still unsatisfied with the fact they removed Final Fantasy XI like things, instead of building on them. I like subclasses/jobs. And the 1.0 idea of making character levels and job levels separate was a great idea. It felt like building on XI. Honestly, I think this would be a better crutch for people who like using multiple jobs, than having everyone go through Palace of the Dead.
- The end of the Realm/Fall of Dalumud was one of the coolest and neatest pieces of content in the game's history, people ought to have a way to relive it somehow, there is the echo so that could be an excuse. Perhaps Rifts to all reflections of the world or something?
- Bring back city raids and world events like Dalamud, so few people got to experience how awesome that was
- I'm probably in the minority on this, but I wish they would bring back the Bazaar in addition to the Market Board
Not having a Market Board made it hard to find things. But in addition to two retainers for the market board, having two extra free retainers for a Bazaar would be nice, it was laggy back then, but I thought it was fun to be able to window shop that way
- You could repair other people's armor in 1.0, this would be really useful
- Old Coerthas
- I miss old Thaumaturge and old Conjurer
- Can we bring back sleeping nightmares, please?

Probably a bunch of things I'm forgetting. A Real Reborn is definitely a better game. But there are some things from 1.0 I miss.
More than anything, I just feel like 1.0 had a sense of wonder and felt rewarding to explore in a way that modern XIV doesn't.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
So at what level does Eureka get better at cause it's definitely a struggle early level.

If you're not having fun killing FATE bosses at level 5 you're probably not going to like killing them at level 20 because that's all you do in Eureka.

I eventually stopped because I realized it was no fun at all and I probably won't play the next version either because it's likely going to be the same thing.

Fieran

Oct 29, 2017
Edinburgh, Scotland
Finally nearly got every combat class to 30+. Trying to decide to start getting them all to 50 next, or to work on getting all crafting and gathering classes to 30 next instead (lowest is 17). I am way too addicted to this game.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If you're not having fun killing FATE bosses at level 5 you're probably not going to like killing them at level 20 because that's all you do in Eureka.

I eventually stopped because I realized it was no fun at all and I probably won't play the next version either because it's likely going to be the same thing.
When I'm actually at the level of the FATE bosses and able to collect things other then XP and generally don't have to worry about dying then it will be cool for me.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I finally finished going back and doing the ARR and HW raids. I really enjoyed the Void Ark storyline. It has some nice gear too. I managed to get the Diabolic robe thing for my WHM. It looks a little too evil for her though.

Jaaake

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I wish the old alliance raids weren't so easy when level sync'd. Takes the fun out of them

Dun Scaith feels okay I suppose. But VA and especially the level 50 ones are just zzzzzzzz. You can literally get through Void Ark without any of the healers casting a single heal throughout any of the bosses

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Finally nearly got every combat class to 30+. Trying to decide to start getting them all to 50 next, or to work on getting all crafting and gathering classes to 30 next instead (lowest is 17). I am way too addicted to this game.

Leveling gets alot faster with the armory bonus from level 50/60/70. So it might be in your best interest to pick one and get it as high as you can so the others can benefit.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
The way to make Books somewhat bearable is to do one per session, starting with the FATEs first because that's the only part you have no control over. Then do the monster hunting while sitting in queue.

Or just convince yourself that you are fine with the Relic you already have, lol.

For books I would always.

Teleport to zones to check for FATEs first. If FATE there > Beat it and move on.

Go to Mor Dhona > Kill Monsters (Start with monsters at Castrium Side then move to anything on the other side) > Do Levequest there.

Check Zones for FATEs.

Go to Northern Than > Kill Monsters > Do Levequest

Check Zones for FATEs.

Start killing monsters. Every two zones check for FATES.

The only time this does not apply is for the FATE in Upper La Noscea "Surprise" because that shit fails in 40 seconds is no one defends the convoy.

TBH each book took me around 2 hours(+/- depending on luck). I also logged into the wife's compy and carried my lv50 alt's ass through the dungeons. FYI you also have to hit the boss to get credit apparently. You can't just sit at the entrance.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I finally finished going back and doing the ARR and HW raids. I really enjoyed the Void Ark storyline. It has some nice gear too. I managed to get the Diabolic robe thing for my WHM. It looks a little too evil for her though.

If you like the Void Ark gear, the 4.2 crafted gear is dyable versions of the Void Ark gear.

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
I wish the old alliance raids weren't so easy when level sync'd. Takes the fun out of them

Dun Scaith feels okay I suppose. But VA and especially the level 50 ones are just zzzzzzzz. You can literally get through Void Ark without any of the healers casting a single heal throughout any of the bosses
Couldn't disagree more about old raids' difficulty. The fact that the raid roulette is the best daily source of experience makes me glad that I don't have to spend 40+ minutes per day in them.

Jaaake

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Couldn't disagree more about old raids' difficulty. The fact that the raid roulette is the best daily source of experience makes me glad that I don't have to spend 40+ minutes per day in them.
That's true, and I certainly don't wanna spend an hour doing 2 year old content either. But at the same time I still feel like they could be slightly adjusted so you have to at least pretend to do mechanics. Maybe xD

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
That's true, and I certainly don't wanna spend an hour doing 2 year old content either. But at the same time I still feel like they could be slightly adjusted so you have to at least pretend to do mechanics. Maybe xD

I particularly enjoy only having to do two mechanics during the entirety of Syrcus Tower.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I got a group in World of Darkness a few weeks ago that took four tries to kill the last boss.

Oct 25, 2017
My latest crackpot wish is that they finish off the Ultimate raids in Stormblood with a Labyrinth of the Ancients (Ultimate) that serves as sort of a boss rush of LotA highlights. UCoB gave us a dash through some Coil high points, Ultima Ultimate will give us a lot of the ARR primal stuff, so getting the 24-mans out there to sort of complete the "stuff you missed, but not nerfed to oblivion" set would be neat.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
I got a group in World of Darkness a few weeks ago that took four tries to kill the last boss.

That makes me want to throw up. Especially knowing one of those was caused by the 9x meteors that no one went to.

My latest crackpot wish is that they finish off the Ultimate raids in Stormblood with a Labyrinth of the Ancients (Ultimate) that serves as sort of a boss rush of LotA highlights. UCoB gave us a dash through some Coil high points, Ultima Ultimate will give us a lot of the ARR primal stuff, so getting the 24-mans out there to sort of complete the "stuff you missed, but not nerfed to oblivion" set would be neat.

I kinda hope so to. Back before 2.1 the 24 man raids were supposed to be savage level encounters but towards the end they were reworked because we didn't have any real post game mid tier content so they added that as a catch up raid.

Also to add in playing through an alt that intro to the final boss of Labyrinth is pretty fucking legit.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Dun Scaith was pretty challenging to me. I had no idea what I was doing. As awesome as it was, I'd rather not ever run into it in dailies. I've got no time for wipes.

Fieran

Oct 29, 2017
Edinburgh, Scotland
Leveling gets alot faster with the armory bonus from level 50/60/70. So it might be in your best interest to pick one and get it as high as you can so the others can benefit.

Oh no, you misunderstand. I've played since launch, I have three level 70 classes. I'm just working on getting everything up now.

Aside from just wanting my character able to do everything, its nice to be able to dump low level gear clogging my inventory.

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
Oh no, you misunderstand. I've played since launch, I have three level 70 classes. I'm just working on getting everything up now.

Aside from just wanting my character able to do everything, its nice to be able to dump low level gear clogging my inventory.
Personally I found it a lot better to just pick them 1 by 1 and rush them to cap, rather than try to do all of them at the same time. If you do them in parallel, you end up constantly replaying the same dungeons even more than usual. Plus I liked getting into one specific class, learning the rotation as more stuff added to it, until the end and the "final" SB rotation. For the more "annoying" classes I think it'd be harder to do them bit by bit. Matter of taste though.

aceface

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Whether you like Eureka or not at least it's really fast compared to other relic grinds. You can do it with friends too. I've been going in once a week with my wife. We should get our relics this week.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Whether you like Eureka or not at least it's really fast compared to other relic grinds. You can do it with friends too. I've been going in once a week with my wife. We should get our relics this week.
Exactly I gave up on the anima grind in 3.0 cause I had took a big break then and couldn't catch up. Plus there's a lot of rng involved. Here it's just pure grinding which is honestly more doable.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
So fun fact about the way SB scales tank gear is that their Defense values scale WAY THE FUCK UP from the HW gear. It so bad that when I leveled up PLD I upgraded to the lv68 crafted gear from the augmented shire (+ Alex Savage) that I felt like I had a full time cooldown in Doma Castle.

So check your tank when you go into the dungeons and you'll know how much you gotta get ready to heal.

Thanks good to know. Thinking of running Doma Castle tonight so hoping it goes relatively smoothly.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
I've been leveling WHM as my first healer but I do not find it as involving as I would like to. Should I stick to it and see if it clicks at lv70 or should I try SCH instead ?

Village

Oct 25, 2017
So I wasn't playing the game when shinryu ex came out, decided to try and beat him. This is litterally the worst EX fight in the game, oh my god holyshit who thought this was a good idea

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I've been leveling WHM as my first healer but I do not find it as involving as I would like to. Should I stick to it and see if it clicks at lv70 or should I try SCH instead ?

I have a 70 WHM and it's a pretty simple job. Nothing gets too crazy in the easier content but I think that's the case for most jobs. Something I try to do to make it more engaging is maximizing my damage while I'm healing. It doesn't happen often but sometimes I see healers almost entirely focused on healing so sometimes they just stand around.

Fieran

Oct 29, 2017
Edinburgh, Scotland
Personally I found it a lot better to just pick them 1 by 1 and rush them to cap, rather than try to do all of them at the same time. If you do them in parallel, you end up constantly replaying the same dungeons even more than usual. Plus I liked getting into one specific class, learning the rotation as more stuff added to it, until the end and the "final" SB rotation. For the more "annoying" classes I think it'd be harder to do them bit by bit. Matter of taste though.

I'm doing it in stages, so it was get class A to 15, then Class B, etc, etc, then to 30, next to 50. If I keep doing 1-70, I end up with too much spare gear I don't want to get rid of cause I'll need it for the next class. This way I keep my clutter to a minimum while still doing decent stints of each class.

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
Does anyone else get an insane amount of DirectX Fatal errors when playing this?
Sometimes it'll last for an hour or two, but other times it'll crash every 5-10 minutes

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
It'll never not sting when you lose the roll to that one other party member. I just want some boots man.

Oct 25, 2017

Do you have Holy yet?

WHM in dungeons pre- and post-Holy are very very different.

Reality is most leveling content doesn't really have anything particularly involving to heal--that's by design, since this stuff is meant to be spammable and difficult to fail, you can get through the vast majority with very vanilla healing application. AST has the card gimmick to distract from the tedium, and SCH has the fairy to take a significant chunk of the healing burden away, but most leveling/dungeon content will feel pretty streamlined by design.

In raid content I personally prefer the other healers because I like fiddling with weird stuff and raid utility, while WHM is all healing and chucking rocks.

jfkgoblue

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Do you have Holy yet?

WHM in dungeons pre- and post-Holy are very very different.

Reality is most leveling content doesn't really have anything particularly involving to heal--that's by design, since this stuff is meant to be spammable and difficult to fail, you can get through the vast majority with very vanilla healing application. AST has the card gimmick to distract from the tedium, and SCH has the fairy to take a significant chunk of the healing burden away, but most leveling/dungeon content will feel pretty streamlined by design.

In raid content I personally prefer the other healers because I like fiddling with weird stuff and raid utility, while WHM is all healing and chucking rocks.
White Mage doesn't become fun until 60+

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Okay so for the Glamour dresser my understanding is that you only put gear that you'll only use for glamour and not actually gear that you'll use in the game for actual purposes. Also the stuff will retain the dye that you already have on the gear correct?

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Okay so for the Glamour dresser my understanding is that you only put gear that you'll only use for glamour and not actually gear that you'll use in the game for actual purposes. Also the stuff will retain the dye that you already have on the gear correct?
Iirc the dye will be gone, but you can dye it inside the dresser if you want.
The rest checks out, although Yoshida said they will change it so you'll be able to take that gear out again, which is impossible right now.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Iirc the dye will be gone, but you can dye it inside the dresser if you want.
The rest checks out, although Yoshida said they will change it so you'll be able to take that gear out again, which is impossible right now.
I've heard that you keep the dye though. That's actually important cause I have metallic gold dye on my main glamour set that isn't that easy to come across.
Edit: just logged back in to mess with it and yes the dye stays

Last edited:

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I've heard that you keep the dye though. That's actually important cause I have metallic gold dye on my main glamour set that isn't that easy to come across.
Edit: just logged back in to mess with it and yes the dye stays

Yeah that was my understanding of how it works. In addition with glamour plates I believe you can also apply a separate dye to armor just for that plate (I believe it's called reflecting) while that item still keeps it's original dye if you use it outside that glamour plate. I probably wouldn't use any rare or expensive dyes for reflecting though as you'll lose it if you ever remove the armor from the plate.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
got the anemos weapon few days ago, disappointed the glow color is fixed, i thought i've seen a picture where the colors change or something

Status
Not open for further replies.