• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Red XIII

Red XIII

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NY
unknown.png

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
So from what I'm reading online mining and botany are the best professions for making money? Anything else worth leveling?

eloxx

Oct 30, 2017
bern, switzerland
Cheers, what do I do after that though? Do I just type the name of the monster and send it?

There's an easier way to broadcast the location of a hunt mob: target the monster, open shout chat and type <t> is at <pos>. <t> is relaced by current target and <pos> is your current position, without having to put a flag on the map.

Usually, if the monster has a green icon and is non-aggressive, it's a weekly elite hunt (that you can do one random per week) and only a few people would be interested. If the monster is aggressive (red icon), then anyone can kill it for points.

Actually that is a very good tip. I would like to add the fact that it would probably be easiest to create a macro out of this command. Then set the macro to a "commands" hotbar for ease of use.

Azuran

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's disappointing, I don't want to be stuck with a Chocobo, minions are useful? Haven't really bothered with them.

Do Beast Tribe quests for the best mounts in the game! Once you get your Nazamu mount you won't be riding anything else.

They also have some nice storylines, give good exp for any DPS you're working on, and they provide easy access to crafting mats that are hard to get otherwise.

So from what I'm reading online mining and botany are the best professions for making money? Anything else worth leveling?

Bots killed the market for BTN and MIN. Some mats are still worth good money but they require you to be at high level and buy folklore tomes to unlock those gathering nodes. Personally, I haven't made much money from crafting. I found out you mostly want to level them to support your crafting which is the real money making.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Do Beast Tribe quests for the best mounts in the game! Once you get your Nazamu mount you won't be riding anything else.

They also have some nice storylines, give good exp for any DPS you're working on, and they provide easy access to crafting mats that are hard to get otherwise.
I'm guessing you have to finish the base game story for these quests? Still going through it.
Bots killed the market for BTN and MIN. Some mats are still worth good money but they require you to be at high level and buy folklore tomes to unlock those gathering nodes. Personally, I haven't made much money from crafting. I found out you mostly want to level them to support your crafting which is the real money making.
Which professions you suggest working on then for someone mainly looking to make money at endgame?

Neat

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
So I just did The Vault. And then that happened.

I'm gutted, man. Of all the characters that we lost up until now, none of them made me all too sad and upset. But this... this one hurt.

Sibylus

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't hurt me as bad as Moenbryda (I cried a little lol, I loved her ;_;), but yeah it stung for sure. Felt like losing a friend.

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017

I'm gutted, man. Of all the characters that we lost up until now, none of them made me all too sad and upset. But this... this one hurt.
He had a "memorial" at the fan fest before stormblood.

tumblr_of4er299Rc1u5jkado1_1280.jpg

Xs2t3V1.jpg

tumblr_inline_of4grzSmAC1ut3wpu_1280.jpg

Neat

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Didn't hurt me as bad as Moenbryda (I cried a little lol, I loved her ;_;), but yeah it stung for sure. Felt like losing a friend.
Big fan of Moenbryda, I thought she was awesome. Unfortunately I felt like she was gone not too long after getting introduced. Wish we got to spend more time with her to really make that last scene hit hard. Haurchefant on the other hand.. I felt like I've known the guy for years. You nailed it, it's like losing a friend lol :(

He had a "memorial" at the fan fest before stormblood.

That is incredible. Thanks for sharing

Deleted member 18021

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

A smile better suits a hero, after all.

The Vault is always a fun dungeon. I sure love when tanks show up to it with outdated gear.
There are some neat gear sets in it, though.

Neat

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Do we have a FFXIVEra discord by any chance? Didn't see anything in the OP.

I'm not in Ultros but I'm in the same data center, so I figured we can get some cross-world action going :>

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
The biggest missed opportunity in Pagos is that the damn Speed Belt doesn't give 6% haste.

Azuran

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing you have to finish the base game story for these quests? Still going through it.

Which professions you suggest working on then for someone mainly looking to make money at endgame?

Weaver, blacksmith, armorer, and carpenter will always be on demand because they provide weapons and gear that everyone needs. Even the pre-level 50 stuff sells for a nice amount if you keep an eye on the market board.

Thought if you want to get into crafting you pretty much have to level everything to 50 for the cross class skills and later 70 if you want to make your own mats instead of buying them. It's a long process but worth it if you ever get to it.

I would recommended finishing the story and focusing on gearing up your character before getting into all of this. Crafting is another beast altogether.

Do we have a FFXIVEra discord by any chance? Didn't see anything in the OP.

I'm not in Ultros but I'm in the same data center, so I figured we can get some cross-world action going :>

I was wondering about this too. Sadly I'm on Aether :(

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I'm out of free slots on my first hotbar, that's 16 skills, I know you can switch to another one with R1 but doing that in battle seems really annoying.
The base game combat-oriented Beast Tribes (Amaljaa, Kobold, Sahagin, and Sylph) become available at various points throughout the 40s level-wise.
I'm at 51 and already finished most of those, none of them really have me any mounts.
Weaver, blacksmith, armorer, and carpenter will always be on demand because they provide weapons and gear that everyone needs. Even the pre-level 50 stuff sells for a nice amount if you keep an eye on the market board.

Thought if you want to get into crafting you pretty much have to level everything to 50 for the cross class skills and later 70 if you want to make your own mats instead of buying them. It's a long process but worth it if you ever get to it.

I would recommended finishing the story and focusing on gearing up your character before getting into all of this. Crafting is another beast altogether.
All of them? Sounds like they will be a pain.

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017
I'm out of free slots on my first hotbar, that's 16 skills, I know you can switch to another one with R1 but doing that in battle seems really annoying.

I'm at 51 and already finished most of those, none of them really have me any mounts.

All of them? Sounds like they will be a pain.
There's a setting to bring up another bar via combo triggers; L2+R2, R2+L2, and trigger taps iirc. It should be under the character config hotbar settings. Start off with the combo triggers, it's called expanded hold controls.

maxresdefault.jpg

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Companion App is up on the google play store.

EDIT: OH, GOD! IT MAKES MOOGLE NOTIFICATION SOUNDS!

Last edited:

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Trying to log in to the companion app and failing. Guess the servers are getting hammered now.

Sibylus

Oct 25, 2017
Big fan of Moenbryda, I thought she was awesome. Unfortunately I felt like she was gone not too long after getting introduced. Wish we got to spend more time with her to really make that last scene hit hard. Haurchefant on the other hand.. I felt like I've known the guy for years. You nailed it, it's like losing a friend lol :(

That is incredible. Thanks for sharing
Ysayle also hurt plenty. It was a really rough stretch for losing friends lol.

A smile better suits a hero, after all.

The Vault is always a fun dungeon. I sure love when tanks show up to it with outdated gear.
There are some neat gear sets in it, though.
One of my favorite lines in HW, truth be told. Fit the character and their outlook like a glove.

In general House Fortemps definitely felt like family, and as such Haurchefant's loss definitely stung again to see Edmont and his family grieve him.

Last edited:

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
They're expensive ($120,000) and require a high reputation level (rank 4 / trusted), but they are there, one for each tribe. Typically they're the same kinds of mounts that you get to use in some of their daily quests.
I think I have to go through the story more as my interaction with the tribes was just defeating the Primals.
There's a setting to bring up another bar via combo triggers; L2+R2, R2+L2, and trigger taps iirc. It should be under the character config hotbar settings. Start off with the combo triggers, it's called expanded hold controls.

maxresdefault.jpg
Oh wow, that double tap is amazing.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
i can confirm that even if google play store says your phone is incompatible, if you install it from apk it will still work
i've managed to connect my character

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
50-70 road is a pain isn't it? At 53 and already feeling it's taking long, I can't imagine how to level the other jobs without story quests.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
50-70 road is a pain isn't it? At 53 and already feeling it's taking long, I can't imagine how to level the other jobs without story quests.
Wait until you hit 60. 50-60 feels like it takes as long as 60-61! :p

I levelled my warrior to 70 before I even got to the SB story line, so I boosted my WHM to 60 and I'm now going through those quests at the appropriate level. I'm enjoying the SB quests so far - smaller in scope than the other expansions but they feel more personal for it.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
You can get it done in 2 weeks if you stick to dailies alone. If you want to go faster I recommend PotD for 50-60 and Levelling dungeon 61-70. Or HoH if you can tolerate more of that (Honestly it doesn't feel as fast as PotD though).

Leveling, Alliance, and MSQ Roulettes are your biggest bundles of daily exp (Queue aside).

Level50/60 Roulette is ok exp. Trials is pretty meh and I haven't done the Raid roulette since that got introduced.

Also don't forget Beast Tribe quests if you need something to do while you queue.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't touched any PotD/HoH yet. As I still have MSQ left I'm still working on that.

I do my levelling and 50/60 daily but don't bother with trials. As I play tank/healer I don't have to worry much about queues!

Rikalaus

Oct 30, 2017

I've just got past that point during this week, was not expecting that to happen. Did Limitless Blue last night for the first time was a bit of a pain in the ass with no one really telling me whats going on even though i'd said it was my first time doing it.

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
So, Heaven-on-High... shorter dungeon with steeper grind? When I ran the original for the Pajali weapon I don't recall just doing the same ten floors over and over again. Feel a bit short-changed to be honest.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
I'm still angry that pagos sucks, but I am sort of relieved my 2 closest 14 pug lyfe buddies don't like it either so I have a challenge log buddies every week. 1.5 hours and 2 levels and I'm done for the week, no carpel tunnel.

Also, I could have sworn there was some sort of fancy suit looking glamor that was datamined along time ago that I have yet to see pop up. Did I somehow missed it? Anyone know of such a thing added this year?

FunMouse

Apr 30, 2018
The companion app is pretty handy. I haven't really had any issues with it and being able to chat with people while on my break at work is pretty sweet imo.

Finally caught up and finished all of the msq, now to Grind tomes and get to the top of that damned tower.

Meccs

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I am trying to gear up currently and have already a mix of items iLevel 315, 325 from dungeons and 330 from token of creation. What I don't understand is how I get a better weapon (except from a crafter). I only have the 310 one you get with the Centurio Seals. How do I get one that is around 330? Where do I get the Early Model Tomestone from?

Status
Not open for further replies.