Khalid

Oct 25, 2017
The GPU perk hasn't shown up for me yet. I do wonder if it will be like some perks were it gives you a code to redeem. Or if it will be like Persona were it directs you to the store. I hope it's the former so I can activate it when ever I want, but it's likely the later one.
Nah, it's via the store.

Buy FINAL FANTASY XIV Online - Starter Edition - Early Purchase Bonus | Xbox

For newcomers to FINAL FANTASY XIV Online, this edition includes three award-winning titles - FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn the base game, and the first and second expansions: FINAL FANTASY XIV: Heavensward and FINAL FANTASY XIV: Stormblood. This edition also includes a 30-day free play...

So if you want to optimize your trial, have to redeem this on like the last day.

If you were buying a complete edition already, then technically, you don't need to get this and optimize your trial as much as possible. For me, I intended to get on starter edition + dawntrail, cause that will give all the previous expansion as well when I get Dawntrail.

Neonzel

Hero of Bowerstone
Apr 30, 2018
Philadelphia
Nah, it's via the store.

Buy FINAL FANTASY XIV Online - Starter Edition - Early Purchase Bonus | Xbox

For newcomers to FINAL FANTASY XIV Online, this edition includes three award-winning titles - FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn the base game, and the first and second expansions: FINAL FANTASY XIV: Heavensward and FINAL FANTASY XIV: Stormblood. This edition also includes a 30-day free play...

So if you want to optimize your trial, have to redeem this on like the last day.

If you were buying a complete edition already, then technically, you don't need to get this and optimize your trial as much as possible. For me, I intended to get on starter edition + dawntrail, cause that will give all the previous expansion as well when I get Dawntrail.

I see, looks like it was the later option. I guess I'll wait and see when Dawntrail comes out. If it's 1-2 months than good. But if it's later, I'll have to just debate whether or not to use the perk, or just wait and get the Complete Edition of Dawntrail and eat the $20 loss. Guess we'll find out on Saturday.

Khalid

Oct 25, 2017
I see, looks like it was the later option. I guess I'll wait and see when Dawntrail comes out. If it's 1-2 months than good. But if it's later, I'll have to just debate whether or not to use the perk, or just wait and get the Complete Edition of Dawntrail and eat the $20 loss. Guess we'll find out on Saturday.
When Dawntrail complete edition, will come out, it will be 60$ USD (it will replace the current). So it's not really a lost if you can play for free until then ( if you are not up to date story wise), you will save like 15$ in monthly fee until release.

Neonzel

Hero of Bowerstone
Apr 30, 2018
Philadelphia
When Dawntrail complete edition, will come out, it will be 60$ USD (it will replace the current). So it's not really a lost if you can play for free until then ( if you are not up to date story wise), you will save like 15$ in monthly fee until release.

Yeah, you're right that I would be saving on the monthly fee. I'm on Heavensward now. So I might complete Stormblood around the time the perk expires. So depending on when it comes out I'll probably just stay on the free trail and just level up the other jobs.

blamite

Oct 27, 2017
Hello! Been playing off and on for the last couple years on Playstation but I'd rather play on Xbox. Is there a simple way to transfer my settings and hotbar to this version or will need to reconfigure it all?
I'm planning on doing the same thing; iirc you can use an option on the character select screen of the PS version to upload your settings the the server which you can then download on the Xbox version. I haven't used this yet myself so I'm not sure how thorough it is, but I'm hoping it'll make the move pretty seamless.

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
I'm planning on doing the same thing; iirc you can use an option on the character select screen of the PS version to upload your settings the the server which you can then download on the Xbox version. I haven't used this yet myself so I'm not sure how thorough it is, but I'm hoping it'll make the move pretty seamless.

There's two options: one for your layout and one for your settings.

Zeta Ori

Oct 25, 2017
NY
They got me 👀

Decided to get the standard Endwalker edition. I'm gonna jump into Shadowbringers right after I'm done with the "Eureka Experience" ™️ which should go much smoother now that I can bypass a lot of grinding by using the market + can actually shout now.

Plus without the gil cap, I can start saving for the true endgame: getting a home 😂

Nice, so MS rewards will pay for like 2 or even 3 months of 14 for my legacy account every month i think. lol

That's exactly my plan as well since getting enough rewards points for $10-15 bucks in credit is easily doable in a month (I already do this to get the auto-redeem game pass ultimate reward with around 5-10k to spare). On a slow month my XIV sub cost should be $5 at most and most months it's gonna be free with 200 coins to spare. Not a bad deal overall.

If it did it would match what's on PS, which is the free extra teleportation slot that you have to claim each month.

If you don't mind me asking, what exactly does an extra teleportation slot do?

Minthara

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
They got me 👀

Decided to get the standard Endwalker edition. I'm gonna jump into Shadowbringers right after I'm done with the "Eureka Experience" ™️ which should go much smoother now that I can bypass a lot of grinding by using the market + can actually shout now.

Plus without the gil cap, I can start saving for the true endgame: getting a home 😂

That's exactly my plan as well since getting enough rewards points for $10-15 bucks in credit is easily doable in a month (I already do this to get the auto-redeem game pass ultimate reward with around 5-10k to spare). On a slow month my XIV sub cost should be $5 at most and most months it's gonna be free with 200 coins to spare. Not a bad deal overall.

If you don't mind me asking, what exactly does an extra teleportation slot do?

Just gives you an extra place you can choose to teleport to for free.

Loggjaw

Oct 25, 2017
I also just said F it and got the free starter one on the ARR after quests now but no marketplace suxjs

whiskeystrike

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If anyone wants to go through ARR's Binding Coil raid series, feel free to ask for an unsynced carry in here or the community OT. Binding Coils is ARR's 8 player raid series that adds a lot to the story surrounding the Leveilleur twins and the calamity/battle of Cartenau that is often referenced. Due to their difficulty they will never pop if you queue for them normally and are not in the normal raid roulette that the expansions use. If you're on a NA server and are free Sunday night I will carry you through the series, just DM me for details.

Chille

Jan 7, 2018
Can someone tell me, if I buy just Endwalker, does it unlock Shadowbringers??

Buy FINAL FANTASY XIV: Endwalker | Xbox

Dive into the next chapter of the critically acclaimed FINAL FANTASY XIV Online with the latest expansion pack — ENDWALKER! Experience the climax of the Hydaelyn and Zodiark story, and encounter an even greater calamity than ever before as you travel to the far reaches of Hydaelyn and even to...

The page doesn't really clarify.
Endwalker should include Shadowbringers correct, it's why I'm frustrated they just didn't wait till Dawntrail was ready for pre-order so Xbox players could just get that. Which would mean you would get Endwalker and Shadowbringers included rather then having to drop $40 now and $40 in possible June/July. *We don't have an official release yet

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Endwalker should include Shadowbringers correct, it's why I'm frustrated they just didn't wait till Dawntrail was ready for pre-order so Xbox players could just get that. Which would mean you would get Endwalker and Shadowbringers included rather then having to drop $40 now and $40 in possible June/July. *We don't have an official release yet

Damn, that makes me want to wait. But I want to play a Viera so bad!

Coolduderedux

Oct 25, 2017
I had about two weeks left in my sub but it looks like the starter pack added 30 days after all. I thought it didn't work for active subscriptions?

MelliiDragon

Oct 27, 2017

Something to note though with getting shadowbringers and endwalker through the preorder of dawntrail in the future, you will not be able to access them all until dawntrail comes out i think. So I dont think it would change much if the preorder was already out, you would still need to pay 40 now and 40 later if you wanted to get Access to shadowbringer and endwalker now

Chille

Jan 7, 2018
Something to note though with getting shadowbringers and endwalker through the preorder of dawntrail in the future, you will not be able to access them all until dawntrail comes out i think. So I dont think it would change much if the preorder was already out, you would still need to pay 40 now and 40 later if you wanted to get Access to shadowbringer and endwalker now
Yeah I was hoping they would change that for this release. I know that's how it has worked before but we didn't get a complete new community join right before hand.

Minthara

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
You know that helmet you really really like and want to wear?

Yea,that one won't work.

Neither will your 2nd, 3rd, or 4th choices.

Your 5th might though, just be ready for weird clipping issues.

I jest but that's kind of what having a Viera is like.

Xils

Feb 4, 2020
I'm not even a Viera and I still struggle with headgears. Most headgears would remove my character's bangs and hate how that looks so much. I just want to wear a hat while keeping the bangs :(

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If I recall correctly I believe they're finally addressing the Viera helmet/hat crisis with the graphics update. Said they're starting over with how they approach model scaling and compatibility for hrothgar and viera. Though it's wise to take that with a grain of salt due to how long they they kept us hanging on the last viera/hrothgar hat solution promise.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
If I recall correctly I believe they're finally addressing the Viera helmet/hat crisis with the graphics update. Said they're starting over with how they approach model scaling and compatibility for hrothgar and viera. Though it's wise to take that with a grain of salt due to how long they they kept us hanging on the last viera/hrothgar hat solution promise.

That just means they'll get four hats they can use each expansion, instead of three.

Orso

Oct 28, 2017
I definitely want to start playing again once i've finished Rebirth, but i'm not sure the best way to go about it.

I played through a good chunk of the free trial on PS4 during lockdown. Can't remember how far i got but it was defintley no further than the base game, I think the last area i got to was a snowy castle type of environment. The game never really gripped me, I played it while having something else on in the background after hearing the game gets very good after you get through the vanilla release.

I've got an Xbox and a PS5 now, and i'm quite tempted to start a new character as i've forgotten most of what i plyed through years ago. I don't know if its worth making a new character or not, and which console to play on.

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
I definitely want to start playing again once i've finished Rebirth, but i'm not sure the best way to go about it.

I played through a good chunk of the free trial on PS4 during lockdown. Can't remember how far i got but it was defintley no further than the base game, I think the last area i got to was a snowy castle type of environment. The game never really gripped me, I played it while having something else on in the background after hearing the game gets very good after you get through the vanilla release.

I've got an Xbox and a PS5 now, and i'm quite tempted to start a new character as i've forgotten most of what i plyed through years ago. I don't know if its worth making a new character or not, and which console to play on.
I have two characters that were job level 60 or so and I have no idea how to play them. I started over.

blamite

Oct 27, 2017
Hello! Been playing off and on for the last couple years on Playstation but I'd rather play on Xbox. Is there a simple way to transfer my settings and hotbar to this version or will need to reconfigure it all?
To follow up on this, last night I switched over from PS5 to Xbox and the settings backup options on the character select screen did in fact make it completely seamless. Uploaded from PS5, downloaded on Xbox and upon logging in everything was exactly as I had left it.

Geode

Keeper of the White Materia
Oct 27, 2017
I like how the Xbox version saves all your login information after the first login. Just click login and I'm in!

Super

Studied the Buster Sword
Jan 29, 2022

Coolduderedux

Oct 25, 2017
Wish they didn't hide all the graphics settings on the Xbox version. It seems a little flat even compared to my ROG Ally.

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017
If anyone wants to go through ARR's Binding Coil raid series, feel free to ask for an unsynced carry in here or the community OT. Binding Coils is ARR's 8 player raid series that adds a lot to the story surrounding the Leveilleur twins and the calamity/battle of Cartenau that is often referenced. Due to their difficulty they will never pop if you queue for them normally and are not in the normal raid roulette that the expansions use. If you're on a NA server and are free Sunday night I will carry you through the series, just DM me for details.

I'm guessing this is one of them? I gave up and left shortly after this screen cap
Yy5f1P3.jpg

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I'm guess this is one of them? I gave up and left shortly after this screen cap
Yy5f1P3.jpg

Similar yes, like Coils it's not in any roulettes but its because it's considered an Extreme.
All Extreme content is mostly done through party finder, synced or unsynced.
I don't think trial users can make a party finder though, you'd have to ask someone else to do it and invite you / join.

Neonzel

Hero of Bowerstone
Apr 30, 2018
Philadelphia
I'm guess this is one of them? I gave up and left shortly after this screen cap
Yy5f1P3.jpg
Lol I actually managed to get a party for this after an hour. I also almost gave up. Apparently this and Coils aren't part of the regular roulette so your supposed to use party finder (which we couldn'tdo as free trial members.) But no that's Odin not the Coils quest.

I actually made a post before about Coils before but it's technically a side story revealing some important stuff about the world.

I got someone to carry me through Coils of Bahamut, and wow. I'm shocked they have this still locked behind content that very few people can do. Especially right after ARR. It literally explains why the Realm was Reborn. Looking at my achievements I'm part of the exclusive 0.05% of Xbox players to do it 😅.

Also Louisoix is truly 🐐ed.

IMO it's absolutely worth experiencing for the story

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Coils should have been updated years ago. Huge piece of side content and the proper introduction to Allisaie.

Yet it's pretty much impossible for new players to do without having someone carry them through it.

It's in desperate need of a rework.

LordBaztion

Oct 27, 2017
Lima Perú
So, I redeem the gamepass perk to have the first two expansions and a 30 days trial, then, on top of having to purchase each expansion, I have to subscribe.

I don't think if it's even wroth to play the gamepass trial, I won't commit too such an expensive game

Minthara

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
So, I redeem the gamepass perk to have the first two expansions and a 30 days trial, then, on top of having to purchase each expansion, I have to subscribe.

I don't think if it's even wroth to play the gamepass trial, I won't commit too such an expensive game

The best way to play is to not redeem the perk and just enjoy the free trial and no sub fee for as long as you need.

whiskeystrike

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

You don't have to buy each expansion. Redeem the perk and buy Endwalker and you're done. Or you can wait until Dawntrail releases in 4ish months and buy Dawntrail then and be done. All past expansions are included when you buy the most current.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
The PS version does the same too, very handy thing to have
PS doesn't use SSO.
Does it? It's been awhile since I've played on my PS. I thought you still had to enter the one-time code? Either way it's cool they both do it.
You are right.

Well, if you can play on PC or PS you should do that, unless you use GP already and it won't matter to you. I think FF14 is more than worth the money because you can easily spend hundreds of hours playing the game and it gets new content at no additional cost regularly. The monthly fee ensures that the game won't try to create problems you can "conveniently" solve by paying a lot of extra money. For example, you get a lot of inventory space in FF even though you can buy more retainers. But those aren't really needed since inventory space isn't as limited as in other games.

Last edited:

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
I'm sure this has been mentioned already but if you play XIV on PlayStation (and presumably PC) you can get a free month of game time by downloading the starter edition on Xbox and linking your account. Even if you don't plan on playing on Xbox it will apply the free month to your account.

Neonzel

Hero of Bowerstone
Apr 30, 2018
Philadelphia
So I just finished the Vault

I was wondering why everyone in my party was telling me to enjoy the MSQ with smiley faces....😭

byuntear-baby-cry.gif

I'm devisated. Haurchefant was such a bro, he didn't deserve that.