TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
bring on ardyn, by far my most hyped DLC. Whens release on it anyways..........i thought it was pegged for this month?

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
A celebration of life. Seeing this project get closure after all these years is surely going to be emotional.

Shift Breaker

Oct 25, 2017
End of an era, eh? I've not properly played XV since launch (jumping in occasionally for the updates and expansions, although I hardly touched the Royal Edition content and the multiplayer) and despite all its flaws I still put 120 hours into the single player and had a blast along the way. Shame it didn't reach, well, anyone's expectations after the promise of a second season.

Think I'll finish playing Pocket Edition, let the dust settle after the expansion and go through it start to finish.

Oct 31, 2017
I'm sad that it's coming to an end :( I wish things went way differently post-launch but there's no use crying over spilled milk. Episode Ardyn looks amazing, at the very least

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
"So then the Gods felt so terribly bad about all of it, they decided to magic everyone back to life. The prince and princess became king and queen, and they all lived happily ever after, even the prince's vengeful old uncle, who vowed to change his spiteful ways! The end." Luna said, smiling contently to the children perched at her feet.

"The story was better without the happy ending, mom..." The blonde girl said with annoyance.

"Yeah it felt kinda forced. But tell us more about Iris the Demonslayer!!" The black-haired boy cried cheerfully.

She laughed. "Perhaps another time."

Fin.

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
Got the season pass on sale recently - played through it and I'm genuinely sad there won't be anymore DLC. I especially wanted to play as Arenea in the Empire capital :(

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
Everyone looks the same in Comrades since there's no clear passage of time.

What a waste.

This is what I want:
tumblr_om9jk4gzQc1qm6dm2o1_1280.jpg

( http://nijuukoo.tumblr.com/post/157995360242/i-think-about-time-skip-iris-a-lot)

Dragmire

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The cancelled DLC was focused mainly on alternate timeline crap anyway, so it's not like it would've redeemed the canon main story.
I thought the alternative stuff was just Episode Nocto.
Episode Luna and Aranea sounds like something that is part of the canon story. At worst they might do some minor retcon to make it fit I guess.

OP
OP
Koozek

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
I thought the alternative stuff was just Episode Nocto.
Episode Luna and Aranea sounds like something that is part of the canon story. At worst they might do some minor retcon to make it fit I guess.
From the synopsis it sounded to me like both Luna and Noctis were part of the alternate timeline where they decided to defy the gods (I wasn't talking about Aranea since her episode was called just a side story anyway unlike the other three):
  • Episode II: Lunafreya "The Choice of Freedom" (Working Title) (Spring 2019) – This story's about Luna's fate, which not even death can free her from. Her battle to save the one she loves overturns the destiny dealt to the Lucian King.
  • Episode III: Noctis "The Final Strike" (Working Title) (Spring 2019) – Parting ways with the Astrals, Noctis embarks upon his final battle in order to attain the ideal future for all his people.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
So is it accessible on Pc?
I could be wrong or mistaken, but I think you have your info mixed up. There is no single player Comrades campaign. You can play Comrades with AI companions, but it's no different from playing it with other players; it's the same game.

I think you're thinking of the standalone version of Comrades that exists on consoles but not PC. But even so, the PC version of Comrades that's included in FFXV: Windows Edition has all of the same content as the standalone console release.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
I could be wrong or mistaken, but I think you have your info mixed up. There is no single player Comrades campaign. You can play Comrades with AI companions, but it's no different from playing it with other players; it's the same game.

I think you're thinking of the standalone version of Comrades that exists on consoles but not PC. But even so, the PC version of Comrades that's included in FFXV: Windows Edition has all of the same content as the standalone console release.

OH!

If that's the case then nvm 😂

Do you need ps+ to play comrades with AI?

Dragmire

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Koozek you're probably right about Luna's episode being part of the alternate canon. Her episode info reminds me of Aerith's The Girl Who Travels the Planet. haha.

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
Sucks that the additional DLC got axed, but they did do a full season of DLC on a single player RPG and I was happy with the game we got.

Don't get people freaking out because they didn't get even more content than what was already provided in the base game and first round of DLC.

I'm guessing it all stems back to if you thought the game was incomplete/broken or not. I didn't, I played base XV and enjoyed it. So for me, the DLC was just icing on the cake.

Oct 25, 2017
What a waste.

This is what I want:

Yeah, Comrades takes place just pretty soon after Noctis gets trapped in the Crystal. It's only been a couple months maybe, so nobody's really changed. They don't really explore later in the time skip other than some epilogue stuff that only features the bros and the player characters.

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017

Very cool, thanks. I hope western countries also get the hardback(?) version and special edition with the EA Prologue Bluray. Really want those on my shelf.

Since the English version isn't being released until later in the year though, are we expecting the English stream later today to go into detail about how it's being released? Or do you think they'll hold off for a while?

OP
OP
Koozek

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
Very cool, thanks. I hope western countries also get the hardback(?) version and special edition with the EA Prologue Bluray. Really want those on my shelf.

Since the English version isn't being released until later in the year though, are we expecting the English stream later today to go into detail about how it's being released? Or do you think they'll hold off for a while?
Wait, which English stream later today?^^

EDIT: Oh, so there is another English stream? I just assumed the tweet in the OP was referring to the same Japanese stream so I didn't notice the different start time. I think the English one is just a subbed version of the Japanese stream. Added a countdown in the OP for the start time of the tweet.

Last edited:

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, just realized. I assume it's just a subbed version of the Japanese one, but who knows. Maybe they got some of the English VAs to read excerpts from the novel. Maybe this tweet the other day was about the stream?

That'd be really cool, I hope that's the case.

Xmengrey

Banned
Jul 19, 2018
A book closed hopefully a new book opens for the True King to arise from his slumber for the Versus Epic.
bb6ecbc2e0be33e7c241af2ddbdcbe7e.jpg