• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
New (and seemingly the final) patch out. Mostly for compatibility with the final DLC Episode Ardyn that comes out tomorrow on March 26.

Update 1.29 / Revision 1252180 Patch Notes

SIZE (PS4): 9.233 GB.

SIZE (XB1): 10.58 GB.

SIZE (PC): 2.2 GB.

Additions
Adjustment
Bug Fixes
  • Various bug fixes.
Source.
------

Final Fantasy XV Multiplayer: Comrades got a new patch too, btw:
Comrades (Standalone) Update 1.03 Patch Notes

SIZE (PS4): 1.277 GB.

SIZE (XB1): 1.41 GB.

Additions
  • Addition of the Warrior's Armor (male-only) to the INGEM system line up.
  • Addition of the Street Attire (female only) to the INGEM system line up.
  • Implementation of a new Bonus Quest and additional prizes.1
  • Bonus Quest: An Inspector Caws.
  • Challenge Quest: Feathered Foe: Kenny Crow
  • Addition of trophy for Comrades (Standalone) March Update: Golden Nester: Defeated Kenny Crow.
Bug Fixes
  • Various bug fixes.
1: To access the new bonus quest players must clear all prior Bonus Quests, and all other quests.

------

Btw, icymi, tomorrow is also the final ATR livestream:

Final Fantasy XV - Final ATR Livestream On March 26; Info On Episode Ardyn and "Dawn of the Future" Novel (Novelization of Cancelled Season 2 DLC)

Last edited:

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Here we finally are... I guess now, if I find the time, is finally the time to play through the game again for the most complete experience possible (of a very incomplete game).

Do we know if we'll get any cool bonus weapons or costumes for the main game by playing this episode like we got from each of the other episodes?

OP
OP
Koozek

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
Here we finally are... I guess now, if I find the time, is finally the time to play through the game again for the most complete experience possible (of a very incomplete game).

Do we know if we'll get any cool bonus weapons or costumes for the main game by playing this episode like we got from each of the other episodes?
No clue, but we'll see soon when the first people beat Episode Ardyn. There are some streaming it already:

Maku: https://www.twitch.tv/allmightymaku

Or:

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
They're never gonna fix the frame pacing issue on the PS4 Pro's high resolution mode, are they ?

Shadow2222

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
For PC players, this is the first time that you can legitimately have the Assassin's Creed outfit from the prior collaboration (it was available via Cheat Engine or trainers before).

Also hilarious to see Kenny Crow as a new boss for Comrades.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
God I hope this gets ported to the PS6 with improvements. I'll see y'all then.

Shift Breaker

Oct 25, 2017
With FFVII out on the Switch tomorrow, I feel that even FFXV's last hurrah is going to be forgotten somewhat. :(

Still, I'm up for this. Bring it on.

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
More than even episode Aranea, I mourn the lost possibility of a patch to integrate the DLC episodes into the main story.

EDIT: Wow. What is up with that music.

Kehaan

Feb 27, 2019
Danmark
I played XV a little at release. I guess now is finally the time to play it again, and all the episodes.

I should play "Episode Ardyn" first, right? And then the main game?

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Last DLC and they still didnt let you play the game with the bros, or even worse add the Avatara on consoles...

curtismyhero

Aug 29, 2018
Last DLC and they still didnt let you play the game with the bros, or even worse add the Avatara on consoles...

Well with the bros, you could technically "battle" with them (via character switching commands), but not use them for world exploration. It's actually pretty fun blasting things to bits with Prompto!

Shift Breaker

Oct 25, 2017
I played XV a little at release. I guess now is finally the time to play it again, and all the episodes.

Nah, it'll likely contain spoilers for the rest of the game. Go with the main game, after a couple of chapters if you want a bit more of a background to the story watch Kingsglaive (which really isn't very good) and Brotherhood (which is actually rather good), then play the expansions once you're near the end, if not after.

Punpun

Alt account
Banned
Nov 24, 2018
Completed the Royal Edition yesterday but I will probably skip on this DLC. Personally I'm not interested in Ardyn's past at all. Seriously loved the game, though. My favorite Final Fantasy for sure.

Oct 27, 2017
Watching that gameplay stream, and really don't want to say this; but man, that looks rough. The music is weird, the sound effects feel awkward, and the gameplay looks like its all over the place.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Wait, is the Master Assassin robes the one that you could only get if you had the item from the Chocobo festival?

OP
OP
Koozek

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
Watching this and... I'm not a fan of the soundtrack so far.
Yeah, that metal/rap song in that teaser trailer and the Twitter posts recently sounded terrible.

Noooope, do not play any of the DLCs before finishing the main game. They're made with you having beaten it in mind and Episode Ignis for example spoils the ending even though it's set in the middle of the game etc. If you play Episode Ardyn it will spoil his motivation and identity which you only learn in the later chapters of the main game.

Wait, is the Master Assassin robes the one that you could only get if you had the item from the Chocobo festival?
Yeah, the Noctis-only one.

Kehaan

Feb 27, 2019
Danmark
Nah, it'll likely contain spoilers for the rest of the game. Go with the main game, after a couple of chapters if you want a bit more of a background to the story watch Kingsglaive (which really isn't very good) and Brotherhood (which is actually rather good), then play the expansions once you're near the end, if not after.
Ok, thanks! :D

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
So,how much does the dlc cost?

Im not sure if it's still this price on Xbox the DLC is $7.50 and the Royal pack is also $7.50, both for $15 not bad deal.

I was able to pick up both dlc and Royal pack for that price last week so I'm finally ready to start my new game +
This time I can finally attempt to 100% the game without being low leveled for the more difficult enemies.

I don't know about the rest of you but my goodness the soundtrack in this game is amazing. I need to find that mp3 player in the game to continue playing any tracks when walking.

jipewithin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Day one but will finish it after sekiro.

Sad this will be the end of FFXV but will be enjoying it in the future again. PC version is amazing.

OP
OP
Koozek

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
Im not sure if it's still this price on Xbox the DLC is $7.50 and the Royal pack is also $7.50, both for $15 not bad deal.

I was able to pick up both dlc and Royal pack for that price last week so I'm finally ready to start my new game +
This time I can finally attempt to 100% the game without being low leveled for the more difficult enemies.

I don't know about the rest of you but my goodness the soundtrack in this game is amazing. I need to find that mp3 player in the game to continue playing any tracks when walking.
Wait, are you talking about the Season Pass? Episode Ardyn is not part of that.

tapedeck

Oct 28, 2017
I got about 8 hours into this game back when it launched and gave up on it..it's been patched a zillion times since then maybe I'll give it another chance.

OP
OP
Koozek

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
Didnt they ruin it on performance mode as well? Did that get fixed?
I don't remember the performance mode introducing any issues. It actually never had frame pacing issues in the first place, only the framerate cap was the issue. Do you mean back in early 2017 or so when they made the Lite Mode uncapped instead of capped 30? That was fixed soon afterwards and they added a capped Steady Mode alongside the uncapped Lite Mode.

Oct 27, 2017
Well, the stream finished the episode just now:

Barely any additional information was added besides the fact Bahamut was the one who told Ardyn to be the one to spread the Starscourge in order to act as an opposite to Noctis.

I'm just mad that the anime felt like it offered more backstory than the actual episode, and that we still have no idea what the heck Starscourge is about.

benzy

Oct 25, 2017
Kooz you making the Ardyn OT?

Didnt they ruin it on performance mode as well? Did that get fixed?

They uncapped the frame rate for performance mode at one point, but then later gave you basically two performance modes both in 1080p, one with uncapped frame rate and the other capped. Frame pacing issues were only in the 4K mode.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
After watching that stream, this definitely fills in a lot of the gaps for Ardyn and makes him even more compelling to me.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Barely any additional information was added besides the fact Bahamut was the one who told Ardyn to be the one to spread the Starscourge in order to act as an opposite to Noctis.

I'm just mad that the anime felt like it offered more backstory than the actual episode, and that we still have no idea what the heck Starscourge is about.

What the fuck at your spoiler.

Edit: So he is the true villain of the game wtf

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017

Of course. And people in that other thread from a while back tried to say that Bahamut wasn't the true villain of the game. Wonder if they'll eat their crow now.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017

lol what purpose does making this character suddenly bad serve when there will be no more story forthcoming?

What a mess.

Oct 27, 2017
Of course. And people in that other thread from a while back tried to say that Bahamut wasn't the true villain of the game. Wonder if they'll eat their crow now.
What the fuck at your spoiler.

Edit: So he is the true villain of the game wtf

I honestly don't even know y'all. Sure, the entire plot was one large self-fulfilling prophecy, but it would be a lot clearer if they just offered even a small amount of explanation on the whole "oracle, true king, and starscourge" concepts, but even now, with the final DLC, they never did.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
Probably because there was a prophecy that this would happen and it's implied that you can't change your fate. This episode also explains MUCH better why
Ardyn got the Empire to kill the Astrals and why he killed Luna. It also makes the Dawn trailer and the one were Regis was talking to the crystal make much more sense.

TheCed

Oct 27, 2017
Man the voice of
Verstael Besithia
sounds so unfitting with the actual character model.